WowBB Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi Page:    1  2  3  4  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Gay Marriage  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sat Oct 11th, 2008 04:22 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
silentkiller



Joined: Thu Oct 18th, 2007
Location: Flatbush, Brooklyn
Posts: 1271
Status: 
Offline
Does anyone here feel gay marriage should be outlawed?



____________________
http://www.hoopshabit.com
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sat Oct 11th, 2008 04:27 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Principal_Raditch



Joined: Mon Feb 18th, 2008
Location:  
Posts: 7173
Status: 
Offline
Nah. Since hetrosexuals have proven they completely stink at marriage (as evidenced by the more than 50% divorce rate) there's not much reason to limit any other group from partaking. It's not like people can use the notion of the "sanctity of marriage" being destroyed, when it's already been tanked for the past century.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sat Oct 11th, 2008 04:56 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
HBF



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Atlanta, Georgia USA
Posts: 17866
Status: 
Offline
What goes on between consenting adults is their business.



____________________
"That's what a pre-med degree will get you kids, nearly correct spelling and pissing in a bowl on Skype"-SRossi on Sunny
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sat Oct 11th, 2008 05:21 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
BigJ



Joined: Thu Oct 18th, 2007
Location: The Bottom Of Lake Millerton
Posts: 6935
Status: 
Offline
Hell no.

It's a civil rights issue.  Regardless of whether you, or your GAWD likes what someone does, they ain't hurting anybody, they're not creating a danger to the public, they're just living, and the state has no business stepping in.

Big issue on the CA ballot about it and you'd think everyone's church was gonna be forced to allow gays to marry there.  No. 

Having had gay friends and family who weren't able to visit their dying sig other in the IC unit because they were neither "spouse" nor "family" - it's bullshit and they deserve the freedom and civil rights we all enjoy.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sat Oct 11th, 2008 08:14 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
BayouBoogie



Joined: Wed Oct 17th, 2007
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana USA
Posts: 6864
Status: 
Offline
No way.  Like HBF said, the sanctity of marriage is abused by at least half of those getting married as it is.  I don't think it's anyone else's business who you marry. 

Like J said, there are real people, with real loved ones, that are being denied the rights other people have because of their personal lifestyle choices and it's not right.

When you talk about adoption, it gets tricky because you have a child who will suffer some social consequences and be confronted with very adult questions and problems because of their parents' personal choices, but marriage in itself should be open to any adults regardless of sex.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sat Oct 11th, 2008 08:17 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 53421
Status: 
Offline
BayouBoogie wrote: When you talk about adoption, it gets tricky because you have a child who will suffer some social consequences and be confronted with very adult questions and problems because of their parents' personal choices, but marriage in itself should be open to any adults regardless of sex.

That's also true with interracial marriages and parents of one race adopting a kid of a different race.  You can't ban that either, even though it's sure to get the kid picked on.



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sat Oct 11th, 2008 08:30 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
BayouBoogie



Joined: Wed Oct 17th, 2007
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana USA
Posts: 6864
Status: 
Offline
srossi wrote: BayouBoogie wrote: When you talk about adoption, it gets tricky because you have a child who will suffer some social consequences and be confronted with very adult questions and problems because of their parents' personal choices, but marriage in itself should be open to any adults regardless of sex.

That's also true with interracial marriages and parents of one race adopting a kid of a different race.  You can't ban that either, even though it's sure to get the kid picked on.


That's true. I didn't say they should ban it, just that it's a much more tricky question.  Allowing Gay people to marry is a no brainer to me, that's why I made the comparison to something that you could actually make arguments against.  But I see your point.

Last edited on Sat Oct 11th, 2008 11:19 pm by BayouBoogie

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sat Oct 11th, 2008 10:56 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
HBF



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Atlanta, Georgia USA
Posts: 17866
Status: 
Offline
BayouBoogie wrote: No way.  Like HBF said, the sanctity of marriage is abused by at least half of those getting married as it is.  I don't think it's anyone else's business who you marry. 

Like J said, there are real people, with real loved ones, that are being denied the rights other people have because of their personal lifestyle choices and it's not right.

When you talk about adoption, it gets tricky because you have a child who will suffer some social consequences and be confronted with very adult questions and problems because of their parents' personal choices, but marriage in itself should be open to any adults regardless of sex.
Thanks for the credit but Raditch made that statement, which I fully agree with too.

Last edited on Sat Oct 11th, 2008 10:56 pm by HBF



____________________
"That's what a pre-med degree will get you kids, nearly correct spelling and pissing in a bowl on Skype"-SRossi on Sunny
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sat Oct 11th, 2008 11:16 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
BayouBoogie



Joined: Wed Oct 17th, 2007
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana USA
Posts: 6864
Status: 
Offline
HBF wrote: BayouBoogie wrote: No way.  Like HBF said, the sanctity of marriage is abused by at least half of those getting married as it is.  I don't think it's anyone else's business who you marry. 

Like J said, there are real people, with real loved ones, that are being denied the rights other people have because of their personal lifestyle choices and it's not right.

When you talk about adoption, it gets tricky because you have a child who will suffer some social consequences and be confronted with very adult questions and problems because of their parents' personal choices, but marriage in itself should be open to any adults regardless of sex.
Thanks for the credit but Raditch made that statement, which I fully agree with too.


Oh yeah.  Sorry Raditch. 

 

I agree with your statement too HBF.

Last edited on Sat Oct 11th, 2008 11:17 pm by BayouBoogie

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sun Oct 12th, 2008 02:25 am
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
Kid_Naitch



Joined: Tue Oct 30th, 2007
Location: IOWA
Posts: 4903
Status: 
Offline
I personally don't give a shit about the issue. Never understood why anyone does.



____________________
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sun Oct 12th, 2008 02:58 am
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
BuddyPSHayes



Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Anywhere I Damn Well Please
Posts: 3974
Status: 
Offline
Straight marriage should be outlawed. I don't care what the homos do.



____________________


"The only area I can think of to avoid in Houston is Houston." - srossi
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sun Oct 12th, 2008 03:22 am
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
HBF



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Atlanta, Georgia USA
Posts: 17866
Status: 
Offline
Kinda funny that no matter the political preference, none of us give a shit about this.



____________________
"That's what a pre-med degree will get you kids, nearly correct spelling and pissing in a bowl on Skype"-SRossi on Sunny
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sun Oct 12th, 2008 04:00 am
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
freebirdsforever2001
Fantasia is running wild!


Joined: Tue Jul 8th, 2008
Location: Pittsgrove, New Jersey USA
Posts: 20758
Status: 
Offline
as long as 2 people care about each other ,   it shouldn't matter what others think.



____________________

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sun Oct 12th, 2008 04:57 am
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
sek69



Joined: Fri Dec 21st, 2007
Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Posts: 5509
Status: 
Offline
The only reason it's still an issue is because the GOP has been hijacked by nutball evangelicals who preach open homophobia and flat out gay bashing. The fact remains that the vast majority of people don't give a shit either way but a lot of people have to go to church and listen to some bigot (who probably is secretly banging some dudes in a public bathroom) yell about all the queer-o-sexuals gonna turn your kids into deviants.

I mean, has anyone here ever heard an argument against gay marriage that didn't eventually come down to "cause God said so"? I sure haven't.



____________________
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sun Oct 12th, 2008 05:11 am
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
sportatorium roach



Joined: Tue Oct 16th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 1073
Status: 
Offline
Most people I know (except for one or two far right wingers) don't care at all about it.

Last edited on Sun Oct 12th, 2008 05:22 am by sportatorium roach

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Current time is 01:56 pm Page:    1  2  3  4  Next Page Last Page    
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > General Discussion > Gay Marriage Top




UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems