|View single post by BigJ|
|Posted: Mon Jul 14th, 2008 09:14 pm||
BigJ wrote:Born in Oakland.
Well done. The 5th clue was posted just before yours, so alas, you only receive 6 points for the correct answer.
7 - JB5
6 - dogfacedgremlin
And the clues, with explanations...good job on the correct spelling.
1. Oakland (Born in Oakland)
2. Daddy (Padre)
3. Original (Original member of both the Padres and Mets)
4. Amateur Free Agent (Signed by the St. Louis Cardinals as an amateur free agent in 1956.)
5. Six (Played for six teams)
6. Only right once (1 game in RF career, 1962)
7. Metropolitans (Original member of the Mets)
8. All-Star (Padres All Star rep in 1969)
9. Doesn't need Nytol (has enough Z's)
10. Backstop (He was a catcher)