View single post by lobo316
 Posted: Sun Mar 12th, 2017 05:36 am
PM Quote Reply Full Topic

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Raptorville
Posts: 44651
DUNEDIN, Fla. - Toronto Blue Jays reliever T.J. House has been released from the hospital, a day after he was hit in the head by a line drive during a spring training game.

House arrived at the ballpark from the hospital during Saturday's game between the Blue Jays and Philadelphia Phillies.

''Obviously, it was definitely a rough day yesterday,'' House said. ''Whirlwind experience. And I'm doing a lot better than I thought I would be doing today.''

House was taken off the field in an ambulance Friday. He was struck in the ninth inning of a game against the Detroit Tigers and taken to Lakeland Regional Medical Center. Test results were normal and he was held overnight for observation.

''No fractures of the skull or anything, which is great, especially for the force it took,'' House said.

Tigers manager Brad Ausmus said ''there was blood on his face, blood in the glove - everything.'' He described it as among the most frightening things he has seen in a baseball game.

House was hit on the back of the head by a ball off the bat of John Hicks. The ball ricocheted about 30 feet into the air before being caught by catcher Mike Ohlman.

House fell to his stomach and was face down on the mound for nearly 20 minutes while being tended to by trainers. House was put onto a stretcher and gave a thumbs-up to the crowd as he was placed into an ambulance.

''I was just asking them when (the ambulance) was going to be here,'' House said. ''Could I please just get off the field. I just want to get out of here. That was the worst part, and not knowing what was going to happen to me. There are so many thoughts going though your mind. You just want to be okay and get out of there and be healthy.''

House will not do any activities for a few days.

''Then we're going to go from there,'' House said. ''They have some tests I need to do. Concussion protocol tests, make sure everything's normal. And that's going to be progress day by day. We're going to go as far as my body can take it.

House's mother was listening to game in Mississippi.

''She was like, `I almost had a heart attack,'' House said. ''I was on the field and I was making sure. `Please, can you text her or call her right now.' While I was laying there I heard them talking to her. They were like, `He's awake right now, nothing too serious. We're going to go to the hospital and we'll keep you updated.''