View single post by Arnold_OldSchool
 Posted: Sat Jul 6th, 2019 11:14 am
PM Quote Reply Full Topic


Joined: Wed Sep 28th, 2011
Posts: 1080

" At 3:50 AM on Monday, April 18, 2016, surveillance footage captured an unknown individual breaking into the Creekside Church of Christ in Midlothian, Texas, and creeping through the closed building.

Dressed in head-to-toe, faux SWAT gear, the supposed burglar proceeded to wander throughout the halls. He or she carried a hammer in their left hand. The unknown individual “clad in tactical gear, wearing a black helmet, and vest with ‘POLICE’ on it” appeared in eerie contrast to the humble community church surroundings.

Walking through the empty church in a disturbingly-casual way, the unidentified person opened doors, checked locks, and nonchalantly broke the occasional window. Authorities estimate that this person is between 5’2″ and 5’7″ tall, but the intruder’s identity, and even gender, is hopelessly obscured.

Surveillance video from that morning also shows 45-year-old, fitness instructor and mother of three, Terri “Missy” Bevers, arriving at and entering the church around 4:20 AM. Missy had arrived early to set-up for a 5:00 AM exercise class which she instructed. In the video, the burglar is seen shortly before Missy arrives, but then disappears off-screen. However, Missy and the masked individual will, unfortunately, cross paths that morning in the darkened church.

At 5:06 AM, one of Missy’s students frantically called 911 after discovering that she had been brutally attack. Described as unresponsive and having “puncture wounds to her head and chest,” the beautiful fitness coach had been bludgeoned to death.

Authorities soon released references to “ongoing financial and marital struggle” within the Bevers household. Search warrants revealed police allegations of “flirtatious and familiar” messages sent between Missy and an unnamed individual.

Public opinion focused harshly upon Missy’s husband and his family. However, after almost a year of investigation, no arrests have been made. Police have emphasized that Missy’s family is not a “focus of the investigation,” and that they are now examining her murder as “an untargeted type of hit.”
The information released to the public has ultimately served to create more questions than answers. Why was the assailant dressed in POLICE tactical gear? Why such a specific, all-out disguise for a 3 AM prowler? Was he or she aware of the surveillance cameras? Was he or she there to kill Missy? And, what does the video show about the unknown assailant?

Most importantly, WHO murdered Missy Bevers and why? Did the murderer break-in with the intention of harming Missy specifically? Or were they just there to burgle the church? Did the killer have an intimate knowledge of Missy’s schedule? Could social media have provided important details to the murderer?

However, police, and the general community at large, have all also made particular note of the fact that the assailant displays a “distinctive walk.” In one released affidavit, police even described the gait as “caused by an injury to his or her right leg or foot.” Some observers have theorized that the individual was wearing boots intentionally sized “too big, as they look odd.”

The unidentified person is first shown walking out into a dim hallway. The intruder slowly walks further out of the camera’s view, dragging their right hand (or something in their right hand) down the wall. It is noteworthy that the individual does not seem to spend any significant amount of time checking or listening for potential employees or other people.

The camera then cuts to another view where the masked individual is shown confidently opening a door. He or she steps behind the door, disappears, and then returns to view after a bit. At this point, something, resembling either a hammer or a mallet, can be more clearly seen in the individual’s right hand. The person then attempts to open a different, locked door. He or she coolly proceeds to focus on working the door open, using tools produced from their tactical gear. After a couple unsuccessful attempts, the individual reorganizes items in their tactical wear (taking their sweet time in doing so), and then calmly walks off.

Now, observably holding the hammer/mallet in their left hand, the masked assailant opens the lower, and then upper, portions of a set of dutch doors, leaving them widely spread. He or she steps inside the door frame for a split moment, and then, immediately resumes walking down the hall. After a bit, the assailant turns back towards the camera and enters a recessed area. Video then shows the individual nonchalantly swinging the hammer/mallet a few times at something, presumably a door or window off-screen.

Police also released parking lot footage “from SWFA Outdoors… a couple of hours before Missy Bevers’ murder.” The video shows a light-colored Nissan Altima circling the lot and, at one point, turning its headlights off and on. Authorities determined after investigation that, though the intruder was initially suspected of being a petty thief, “nothing from the church appears missing.” The suspect seems to have utilized “a pry bar to smash a window and enter through a side door.”Initially, Missy’s husband, Brandon Bevers, did not “believe his wife knew her killer.” However, after further investigation, by May 2016, Brandon was adamant that Missy’s death was not the result of crossing paths with a random burglar.

Teague was sunbathing at Newburgh Beach in Henderson County, Kentucky on August 26, 1995. A witness was observing the beach area through a telescope from across the Ohio River at approximately 12:45 p.m. The witness told authorities that he saw a Caucasian man approach Teague at that time.

The abductor allegedly grabbed Teague by the hair and dragged her into the woods off of Newburgh Beach at gunpoint. The abductor was approximately 6'0 and weighed 210 to 230 pounds. He had brown hair and a bushy brown beard. He was wearing jeans and did not have shirt on. He was also reported to be wearing a wig and a mosquito net at the time he abducted Teague.

Authorities searched the Newburgh Beach area later in the day and discovered part of Teague's bathing suit near the alleged abduction site. Additional evidence was also located, but nothing investigators found could lead them to Teague's whereabouts. She has never been heard from again.