|View single post by Arnold_OldSchool|
|Posted: Sat Oct 12th, 2019 04:19 pm||
September 1985 continues on with....
- The Road Warriors no show an ESPN TV taping as their AWA run careens towards a bitter end.
- A long running feud ends with a peep, not a bang.
- SuperClash 85 proves to be the promotional high point for Pro Wrestling USA.
- PWUSA nearly falls apart as Gagne and Crockett argue over money and talent.
- A top heel faction loses a match to a midget.
- The WWF books a mega match, and brings in Mr. T to try and sink their competition in a head to head matchup.
- Jerry Lawler and Ric Flair headline a huge show. The backstage drama involved in booking this main event caused enough heat that no rematch was ever signed.
- The WWF invades Jerry Jarrett's territory, with Roddy Piper on top. Would the southern wrasslin' fans embrace or rebuke the Yankee promotion?
- Bill Watts loses the booker who sparked one of the hottest periods of business for Mid-South.
Last edited on Sat Oct 12th, 2019 04:20 pm by Arnold_OldSchool