WowBB Forums Home 
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Sports Talk > Before Even One Preseason Game Is Played Give Us Your Super Bowl Pick

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi  
AuthorPost
beejmi
The Big Kahuna


Joined: Sat Oct 13th, 2007
Location: Philly
Posts: 40681
Status: 
Offline
We'll bump up in late January or February and see if someone nails it or gets real close.

I got the Ravens winning it all.

The NFC is a schmoz as I don't think New Orleans repeats, I don't think Favre will have the same kind of a year for Minnesota and I'm not ready to select Green Bay either. Arizona is weaker so there I am looking at those frickin Cowboys. I have a hunch either Philly or the Giants will challenge but both teams are too much of a question-mark for me to pick either.

carpetbeggar
The Ayatollah Of Rock And Rolla


Joined: Sun Oct 21st, 2007
Location: Dangling From A Rope Of...CONFETTI!!!
Posts: 11516
Status: 
Offline
beejmi wrote: The NFC is a schmoz as I don't think New Orleans repeats, I don't think Favre will have the same kind of a year for Minnesota and I'm not ready to select Green Bay either. Arizona is weaker so there I am looking at those frickin Cowboys. I have a hunch either Philly or the Giants will challenge but both teams are too much of a question-mark for me to pick either.

I'm kinda in the same boat as you as far as who comes out of the NFC is concerned.

I have The New York Jets winning their second Super Bowl this season. I haven't been this excited about an upcoming Jets NFL season since 1999. But we know how that all turned out. I firmly believe to this day that The Jets would have won the Super Bowl that year if not for Testaverde getting knocked out for the season in the first game.

As of now I'm kinda leaning towards the same pick as I think it was The Sporting News, (someone posted it about a month or two ago here) with The Jets beating The Cowboys in Dallas.
Regardless of who comes out of The NFC, though I'm firmly behind the Jets winning it all, and unlike most other years when I usually just make the 'Homer' pick and always just pick The Jets regardless of how they look in the off-season, this year I really think they got the best shot of doing it.
Also I don't think The Dirty Sanchez will be affected by the 'sophomore jinx,' as people like to call it. I think he only gets better this year.

khawk
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 15369
Status: 
Offline
Niners.

 

(A guy can hope/dream, can't he?)

JB5



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 1018
Status: 
Offline
Packers over Chargers

Road Warrior Yajuta



Joined: Sat Jul 3rd, 2010
Location: D'Iberville, Ms, USA
Posts: 4793
Status: 
Offline
Two Dat!

freebirdsforever2001
Fantasia is running wild!


Joined: Tue Jul 8th, 2008
Location: Pittsgrove, New Jersey USA
Posts: 20706
Status: 
Offline
Road Warrior Yajuta wrote: Two Dat!

no chance

freebirdsforever2001
Fantasia is running wild!


Joined: Tue Jul 8th, 2008
Location: Pittsgrove, New Jersey USA
Posts: 20706
Status: 
Offline
Ravens/Packers

Ravens

cookie32723



Joined: Thu Oct 18th, 2007
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 2888
Status: 
Offline
Bengals over Cowboys. 

Who Dey!

gwlee7



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 5277
Status: 
Offline
The Redskins will suck.

the squared circle
Mr Hockey


Joined: Thu Feb 21st, 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 7693
Status: 
Offline
the Bills!

(I can dream too, ok?)

tofu_chipmunk



Joined: Wed Aug 5th, 2009
Location: Suburban Fatlanta, Georgia USA
Posts: 6706
Status: 
Offline
I predict Anheuser-Busch subjecting us to some crappy ads.

The Ultimate Sin
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown, Sri Lanka
Posts: 9737
Status: 
Offline
Tampa Bay

victhestick



Joined: Mon Apr 27th, 2009
Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA
Posts: 2403
Status: 
Offline
I'm a Packers fan but I'm not picking them ala reverse psychology. I say it's the Jets.

Road Warrior Yajuta



Joined: Sat Jul 3rd, 2010
Location: D'Iberville, Ms, USA
Posts: 4793
Status: 
Offline
freebirdsforever2001 wrote: Road Warrior Yajuta wrote: Two Dat!

no chance

Why is that? I know repeating is not common in today's NFL but they return essentially the same team that won it all last year(Minus Fujita and Bell). That and my other team in the Raiders have less chance than you are giving the Saints.  If I have to pick a team that looks good that I am not a fan boy for then I say the Ravens look damn good. 

Benlen



Joined: Sun Oct 21st, 2007
Location: Milpitas, California USA
Posts: 13060
Status: 
Offline
khawk wrote: Niners.

 

(A guy can hope/dream, can't he?)

+1

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
Colts over Cowboys

beejmi
The Big Kahuna


Joined: Sat Oct 13th, 2007
Location: Philly
Posts: 40681
Status: 
Offline
clawmaster wrote: Colts over Cowboys

I likey Claw. On their own homefield. ;)

amerorig



Joined: Thu Oct 18th, 2007
Location: Fresno, California USA
Posts: 2992
Status: 
Offline
Benlen wrote:
khawk wrote: Niners.

 

(A guy can hope/dream, can't he?)

+1


+2

It can only be a "rebuilding year" for so long.

thunderbolt
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Manhattan Beach, California USA
Posts: 6205
Status: 
Offline
JB5 wrote: Packers over Chargers
I can go along with that, only vice versa.  Heart > Head on stuff like this.

freebirdsforever2001
Fantasia is running wild!


Joined: Tue Jul 8th, 2008
Location: Pittsgrove, New Jersey USA
Posts: 20706
Status: 
Offline
Road Warrior Yajuta wrote: freebirdsforever2001 wrote: Road Warrior Yajuta wrote: Two Dat!

no chance

Why is that? I know repeating is not common in today's NFL but they return essentially the same team that won it all last year(Minus Fujita and Bell). That and my other team in the Raiders have less chance than you are giving the Saints.  If I have to pick a team that looks good that I am not a fan boy for then I say the Ravens look damn good. 

Because They will come back to Earth this year. They played way over Their heads last season.

BuddyPSHayes



Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Anywhere I Damn Well Please
Posts: 3775
Status: 
Offline
We beat the Jets at home.

Road Warrior Yajuta



Joined: Sat Jul 3rd, 2010
Location: D'Iberville, Ms, USA
Posts: 4793
Status: 
Offline
freebirdsforever2001 wrote: Road Warrior Yajuta wrote: freebirdsforever2001 wrote: Road Warrior Yajuta wrote: Two Dat!

no chance

Why is that? I know repeating is not common in today's NFL but they return essentially the same team that won it all last year(Minus Fujita and Bell). That and my other team in the Raiders have less chance than you are giving the Saints.  If I have to pick a team that looks good that I am not a fan boy for then I say the Ravens look damn good. 

Because They will come back to Earth this year. They played way over Their heads last season.
The defense certainly did, I will grant you that. Plus I am not handing them their division so long as Michael Turner and Peria Jerry are healthy the Falcons can make some noise. I am not such a fan that I can't own up to their short comings. My Brother said something that made me laugh. He was home visiting from Vegas and he noticed all the folks sporting Saints gear.  It ticked him off. He always loved them even when they sucked. You always had your die hards, but so many Saints fans are fickle and fair weather.  He remembers when people would give him shit for rooting for them and now everybody and their Momma acts as if they were down with them instead of wearing paper bags on their heads.  I kind of miss the old days of being able to wake up on Sunday and decide to head to a game for the hell of it and be able to score good seats at a great price.  If the Saints tank it this year so many people will jump off the band wagon. Still, for many down here they are the home town team(We are an hour and a half from NOLA).  There has always been folks that pull for them and I will, even if we go back to being the Ain'ts.  I will always pull for and hope that the Raiders and Saints make the Big Game as they are both of my teams. 

Last edited on Fri Aug 6th, 2010 05:08 am by Road Warrior Yajuta

One Fan Gang



Joined: Wed Apr 22nd, 2009
Location:  
Posts: 4464
Status: 
Offline
Buffalo Bills 29

Dallas Cowboys 20

 

 

CanadianHorseman



Joined: Fri Nov 2nd, 2007
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia Canada
Posts: 14026
Status: 
Offline
BuddyPSHayes wrote: We beat the Jets at home.
I'm OK with that although I still think Peyton Manning will find a way to get the Colts to Dallas.

tofu_chipmunk



Joined: Wed Aug 5th, 2009
Location: Suburban Fatlanta, Georgia USA
Posts: 6706
Status: 
Offline
Road Warrior Yajuta wrote: freebirdsforever2001 wrote: Road Warrior Yajuta wrote: freebirdsforever2001 wrote: Road Warrior Yajuta wrote: Two Dat!

no chance

Why is that? I know repeating is not common in today's NFL but they return essentially the same team that won it all last year(Minus Fujita and Bell). That and my other team in the Raiders have less chance than you are giving the Saints.  If I have to pick a team that looks good that I am not a fan boy for then I say the Ravens look damn good. 

Because They will come back to Earth this year. They played way over Their heads last season.
The defense certainly did, I will grant you that. Plus I am not handing them their division so long as Michael Turner and Peria Jerry are healthy the Falcons can make some noise. I am not such a fan that I can't own up to their short comings. My Brother said something that made me laugh. He was home visiting from Vegas and he noticed all the folks sporting Saints gear.  It ticked him off. He always loved them even when they sucked. You always had your die hards, but so many Saints fans are fickle and fair weather.  He remembers when people would give him shit for rooting for them and now everybody and their Momma acts as if they were down with them instead of wearing paper bags on their heads.  I kind of miss the old days of being able to wake up on Sunday and decide to head to a game for the hell of it and be able to score good seats at a great price.  If the Saints tank it this year so many people will jump off the band wagon. Still, for many down here they are the home town team(We are an hour and a half from NOLA).  There has always been folks that pull for them and I will, even if we go back to being the Ain'ts.  I will always pull for and hope that the Raiders and Saints make the Big Game as they are both of my teams. 

The Saints are surely capable of doing that well again, but teams can't keep up that sort of turnover differential year-to-year.

krazykid18

 

Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 1660
Status: 
Offline
Dirty Sanchez vs. the Eli "Better" Manning

 

The Ultimate Sin
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown, Sri Lanka
Posts: 9737
Status: 
Offline
krazykid18 wrote: Dirty Sanchez vs. the Eli "Better" Manning

 

You can ban me from the sports section of this board if that happens.  I'll even stay away as long as you did.

DaNkinator



Joined: Tue Oct 23rd, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 6116
Status: 
Offline
Colts over Atlanta...that could be fun.


Papa Voo



Joined: Thu Jan 17th, 2008
Location: Right Outside The Burgh, USA
Posts: 9431
Status: 
Offline
Chargers over Falcons

 

Although I still think Norv Turner will choke.

Last edited on Sat Aug 7th, 2010 03:03 pm by Papa Voo

freebirdsforever2001
Fantasia is running wild!


Joined: Tue Jul 8th, 2008
Location: Pittsgrove, New Jersey USA
Posts: 20706
Status: 
Offline
The Ultimate Sin wrote: krazykid18 wrote: Dirty Sanchez vs. the Eli "Better" Manning

 

You can ban me from the sports section of this board if that happens.  I'll even stay away as long as you did.

Didn't He go away for only 2 days?

HBF



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Atlanta, Georgia USA
Posts: 17866
Status: 
Offline
Giants/Colts

Colts give me no reason to believe they can't repeat. Giants are healthy and their D can't be nearly what it was. In the big game, Peyton owns Eli in real life so I'd take the Colts in this one.

Betting with my head, not my heart.

krazykid18

 

Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 1660
Status: 
Offline
HBF wrote: Giants/Colts

Colts give me no reason to believe they can't repeat. Giants are healthy and their D can't be nearly what it was. In the big game, Peyton owns Eli in real life so I'd take the Colts in this one.

Betting with my head, not my heart.

:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:
ARE YOU A GIANTS FAN?

HBF



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Atlanta, Georgia USA
Posts: 17866
Status: 
Offline
krazykid18 wrote:
HBF wrote: Giants/Colts

Colts give me no reason to believe they can't repeat. Giants are healthy and their D can't be nearly what it was. In the big game, Peyton owns Eli in real life so I'd take the Colts in this one.

Betting with my head, not my heart.

:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:
ARE YOU A GIANTS FAN?


Yes

DaNkinator



Joined: Tue Oct 23rd, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 6116
Status: 
Offline
HBF wrote: krazykid18 wrote:
HBF wrote: Giants/Colts

Colts give me no reason to believe they can't repeat. Giants are healthy and their D can't be nearly what it was. In the big game, Peyton owns Eli in real life so I'd take the Colts in this one.

Betting with my head, not my heart.

:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:
ARE YOU A GIANTS FAN?


Yes


And obviously, he's also a realist....

Just sayin'....

Count Grog
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Sun Oct 21st, 2007
Location: Fuquay Varina, NC, USA
Posts: 15599
Status: 
Offline
if Farve returns

Vikings over the Jets

 

if no Farve

Jets over the Falcons

BottomlessJack2



Joined: Sat Aug 2nd, 2008
Location: The Isle Of, Tonga
Posts: 1879
Status: 
Offline
The Browns sweep the entire season, then take it all in the playoffs... :shock:



UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems