WowBB Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Pro Wrestling > Possible 2011 DVD Releases by WWE

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Possible 2011 DVD Releases by WWE  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Thu Oct 7th, 2010 07:05 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
CanadianHorseman



Joined: Fri Nov 2nd, 2007
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia Canada
Posts: 14026
Status: 
Offline
from the lordsofpain.net site:

- Current DVD’s WWE is planning for 2011 include the 100 Craziest Moments, Best of WCW Nitro, History of DX, History of the United States Title and a set on the Divas. Superstar DVD sets planned for next year include Randy Orton, Big Show, Goldust, Jerry Lawler and Greg “The Hammer” Valentine.



____________________
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu Oct 7th, 2010 07:12 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
the squared circle



Joined: Thu Feb 21st, 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 7969
Status: 
Online
Still no Snuka? :(

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu Oct 7th, 2010 07:20 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
CanadianHorseman



Joined: Fri Nov 2nd, 2007
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia Canada
Posts: 14026
Status: 
Offline
the squared circle wrote: Still no Snuka? :(
Just for the promos alone:

" Mumble mumble.....snarl snarl.....mumble mumble.....brutha !!!!!!!



____________________
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu Oct 7th, 2010 07:20 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
amerorig



Joined: Thu Oct 18th, 2007
Location: Fresno, California USA
Posts: 2993
Status: 
Offline
Jerry Lawler and Goldust are good, but Greg Fucking Valentine?

I have always been bored with Valentine. The only serious of his I liked was him vs Ron Garvin. (Dog Collar Match with Piper excluded).

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu Oct 7th, 2010 07:23 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
freebirdsforever2001
Fantasia is running wild!


Joined: Tue Jul 8th, 2008
Location: Pittsgrove, New Jersey USA
Posts: 20758
Status: 
Offline
amerorig wrote: Jerry Lawler and Goldust are good, but Greg Fucking Valentine?

I have always been bored with Valentine. The only serious of his I liked was him vs Ron Garvin. (Dog Collar Match with Piper excluded).

Maybe Valentine vs. Wahoo broken Leg match will be on the DVD.



____________________

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu Oct 7th, 2010 07:33 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
indikator

 

Joined: Fri Jan 23rd, 2009
Location: Bratenwender City, Germany
Posts: 2613
Status: 
Offline
amerorig wrote: Jerry Lawler and Goldust are good, but Greg Fucking Valentine?

I have always been bored with Valentine. The only serious of his I liked was him vs Ron Garvin. (Dog Collar Match with Piper excluded).

No mana for you. Ever

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu Oct 7th, 2010 07:56 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 52703
Status: 
Offline
Bobby Heenan's DVD is due out soon I think.



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu Oct 7th, 2010 08:16 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
CanadianHorseman



Joined: Fri Nov 2nd, 2007
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia Canada
Posts: 14026
Status: 
Offline
srossi wrote: Bobby Heenan's DVD is due out soon I think.
Be nice if it came out while he was still with us.



____________________
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu Oct 7th, 2010 10:54 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
khawk
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 16391
Status: 
Offline
The Lawler one will be interesting just to see what sort of Memphis footage they feel ok with including that they have access to, given the confusion around who owns what.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu Oct 7th, 2010 11:00 pm
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
stingmark

 

Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Cop City, California USA
Posts: 9403
Status: 
Offline
Jesus, how many "Diva" dvd's do they fucking need? Pointless release.



____________________
"I went to the #6th ranked liberal Arts College in California, I'm smarter than anyone else"(Also found out to be a formerly racist institution-Jeff Forsyth)




Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Fri Oct 8th, 2010 12:32 am
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
NCJames

 

Joined: Sat Nov 17th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 355
Status: 
Offline
stingmark wrote: Jesus, how many WWE dvd's do they fucking need? Pointless release.
Fixed

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Fri Oct 8th, 2010 01:35 am
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
cheapseats



Joined: Thu Jul 8th, 2010
Location: Houston, Texas USA
Posts: 1125
Status: 
Offline
khawk wrote:
The Lawler one will be interesting just to see what sort of Memphis footage they feel ok with including that they have access to, given the confusion around who owns what. I am counting on his feuds with Bret Hart and Jake Roberts. Anything else will be tricky as hell to secure for a DVD set.

Now if they can secure footage from Memphis and include his best work, then expect to see matches with Dundee (the LLT match from '83), Mantel (their face v. face feud), Bockwinkel (any of them), Henning (AWA title win), Kerry Von Erich (SC III), and Austin Idol (cage match with Lawler getting his haircut). Throw in his and Dundee's AWA Tag title win, their Tupelo Concession stand match with the Blond Bombers. I wouldn't be shocked to see his Empty Arena match with Funk or his '82 Memphis studio encounter to make the cut either. The holy grail, though would be the Texas Death Match with Lawler and Mantel against Dundee and Landell.

One thing you will not see is any match with Lawler against the Moondogs because their is no way that Vince will allow Jeff Jarrett to be featured.



____________________
Never said that I could 100 % substantiate it. And convincing you 100 % is not a concern of mine.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Fri Oct 8th, 2010 01:42 am
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
carpetbeggar
The Ayatollah Of Rock And Rolla


Joined: Sun Oct 21st, 2007
Location: Dangling From A Rope Of...CONFETTI!!!
Posts: 12105
Status: 
Offline
cheapseats wrote: khawk wrote:
The Lawler one will be interesting just to see what sort of Memphis footage they feel ok with including that they have access to, given the confusion around who owns what. I am counting on his feuds with Bret Hart and Jake Roberts. Anything else will be tricky as hell to secure for a DVD set.

Now if they can secure footage from Memphis and include his best work, then expect to see matches with Dundee (the LLT match from '83), Mantel (their face v. face feud), Bockwinkel (any of them), Henning (AWA title win), Kerry Von Erich (SC III), and Austin Idol (cage match with Lawler getting his haircut). Throw in his and Dundee's AWA Tag title win, their Tupelo Concession stand match with the Blond Bombers. I wouldn't be shocked to see his Empty Arena match with Funk or his '82 Memphis studio encounter to make the cut either. The holy grail, though would be the Texas Death Match with Lawler and Mantel against Dundee and Landell.

One thing you will not see is any match with Lawler against the Moondogs because their is no way that Vince will allow Jeff Jarrett to be featured.

You would think that when Vince did his little angle down there in Memphis and The Hart Brothers and other WWF wrestlers were appearing that the WWE would have worked some type of deal that they had permission to use that footage in the future. I would love to see they stuff on the DVDs.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Fri Oct 8th, 2010 01:46 am
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
cheapseats



Joined: Thu Jul 8th, 2010
Location: Houston, Texas USA
Posts: 1125
Status: 
Offline
carpetbeggar wrote:
cheapseats wrote: khawk wrote:
The Lawler one will be interesting just to see what sort of Memphis footage they feel ok with including that they have access to, given the confusion around who owns what. I am counting on his feuds with Bret Hart and Jake Roberts. Anything else will be tricky as hell to secure for a DVD set.

Now if they can secure footage from Memphis and include his best work, then expect to see matches with Dundee (the LLT match from '83), Mantel (their face v. face feud), Bockwinkel (any of them), Henning (AWA title win), Kerry Von Erich (SC III), and Austin Idol (cage match with Lawler getting his haircut). Throw in his and Dundee's AWA Tag title win, their Tupelo Concession stand match with the Blond Bombers. I wouldn't be shocked to see his Empty Arena match with Funk or his '82 Memphis studio encounter to make the cut either. The holy grail, though would be the Texas Death Match with Lawler and Mantel against Dundee and Landell.

One thing you will not see is any match with Lawler against the Moondogs because their is no way that Vince will allow Jeff Jarrett to be featured.

You would think that when Vince did his little angle down there in Memphis and The Hart Brothers and other WWF wrestlers were appearing that the WWE would have worked some type of deal that they had permission to use that footage in the future. I would love to see they stuff on the DVDs.
You'd think but it would be pointless now. The most worthwhile matches from that would involve Lawler against Owen Hart, Randy Savage, and Razor Ramon. Just can't see Vince being ok with that.



____________________
Never said that I could 100 % substantiate it. And convincing you 100 % is not a concern of mine.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Fri Oct 8th, 2010 01:48 am
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
amerorig



Joined: Thu Oct 18th, 2007
Location: Fresno, California USA
Posts: 2993
Status: 
Offline
Lawler has ownership of a bunch of it, dosen't he? Also, whatever was aired on AWA TV will be in the WWE library now.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Current time is 03:20 am Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page    
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Pro Wrestling > Possible 2011 DVD Releases by WWE Top




UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems