WowBB Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5   
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
NFL Week Sixteen  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Mon Dec 27th, 2010 07:45 am
  PM Quote Reply
61st Post
beejmi
The Big Kahuna


Joined: Sat Oct 13th, 2007
Location: Philly
Posts: 41293
Status: 
Offline
I always thought that Sporano (Dolphins coach) was buddies with Parcells. He got the job out of nowhere and that was the explanation (Parcells disciple)

I'd be surprised if Norv Turner was back. Is this the third straight year where they were banking on a late season hot streak to get in?

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Mon Dec 27th, 2010 12:34 pm
  PM Quote Reply
62nd Post
HBF



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Atlanta, Georgia USA
Posts: 17866
Status: 
Offline
LAF wrote:
HBF wrote: Of course, the Giants looked like absolute horseshit and I am of the opinion that it's not the players, but coaching. Not sure who they need, but Coughlin is not working.
You get what you are asking for when you hire 2 of the worst Bills coordinators from the last decade (Gilbride and Fewell). I told you that Fewell would show his colors eventually.


It's really more on Coughlin at this point, as they continually collapse except for one magical 5 week run in 2007-08.

Hakeem Nicks, while very talented, is a retard who is never in the right spot and is the reason that Eli has thrown at least 10 of his interceptions.

Eli needs to stop the dumb "Favre-like" throws as well.



____________________
"That's what a pre-med degree will get you kids, nearly correct spelling and pissing in a bowl on Skype"-SRossi on Sunny
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Mon Dec 27th, 2010 01:13 pm
  PM Quote Reply
63rd Post
mike3775



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Indiana USA
Posts: 17634
Status: 
Offline
clawmaster wrote: HBF wrote: ivpvideos wrote:
My packers with a big win! All or nothing next week against the Bears.

You guys looked like gold against us today, and I think the Bears suck donkey dick. Strange the way the season progresses.

The Bears are the luckiest team in the NFL this season.
This is just like the 2005 season when they reached the Superbowl

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Mon Dec 27th, 2010 03:01 pm
  PM Quote Reply
64th Post
beejmi
The Big Kahuna


Joined: Sat Oct 13th, 2007
Location: Philly
Posts: 41293
Status: 
Offline
There were two things that happened in 2005 with the Bears.

First - a great start with gave them home playoff games. Even after the team began to slip and teams had began to figure them out you still had to go to Chicago and win.

Secondly - a down year for the NFC. And this is what I think makes the Bears "one and done".

Not a down year this year for the NFC. I don't think they beat Green Bay in a "Loser Goes Home" type game. Nor do they win in a rematch vs Philly. I don't think they match up well vs the Saints this time around and I can't see them winning a playoff game in Atlanta.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Mon Dec 27th, 2010 03:20 pm
  PM Quote Reply
65th Post
clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
beejmi wrote: There were two things that happened in 2005 with the Bears.

First - a great start with gave them home playoff games. Even after the team began to slip and teams had began to figure them out you still had to go to Chicago and win.

Secondly - a down year for the NFC. And this is what I think makes the Bears "one and done".

Not a down year this year for the NFC. I don't think they beat Green Bay in a "Loser Goes Home" type game. Nor do they win in a rematch vs Philly. I don't think they match up well vs the Saints this time around and I can't see them winning a playoff game in Atlanta.

I believe Da Bears are one and done also. They would need to be extremely lucky to win a playoff game.



____________________
"We are the priests
Of the temples of syrinx
Our great computers
Fill the hollowed halls
We are the priests
Of the temples of syrinx
All the gifts of life
Are held within our walls" 2112 By Rush!!
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Mon Dec 27th, 2010 03:45 pm
  PM Quote Reply
66th Post
dogfacedgremlin34
Will Kick Your Ass At Fantasy Football


Joined: Fri Feb 8th, 2008
Location: Massachusetts USA
Posts: 10016
Status: 
Offline
clawmaster wrote:
beejmi wrote: There were two things that happened in 2005 with the Bears.

First - a great start with gave them home playoff games. Even after the team began to slip and teams had began to figure them out you still had to go to Chicago and win.

Secondly - a down year for the NFC. And this is what I think makes the Bears "one and done".

Not a down year this year for the NFC. I don't think they beat Green Bay in a "Loser Goes Home" type game. Nor do they win in a rematch vs Philly. I don't think they match up well vs the Saints this time around and I can't see them winning a playoff game in Atlanta.

I believe Da Bears are one and done also. They would need to be extremely lucky to win a playoff game.

I don't know about that...the NFC is totally wide open this season. My immediate thought goes to Philly being the strongest NFC team, but remember, the Bears embarrassed the Eagles earlier in the season. I still haven't completely bought into the Falcons, but they're winning consistently. And the Saints (assuming they make the playoffs) are very beatable.

As frustrating as the Bears have been this season, they're probably the 3rd or 4th best team representing the NFC right now. Depending on the 1st round matchups (esp. if they get the NFC West draw), I could definitely see them winning a game or two.



____________________
"I'm putting your worthless fucking ass on ignore so I don't have to read anymore of your pompous arrogant New York big shot bullshit. Good fucking riddance, fuckhead."-Angelic Assassin to rossi
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Mon Dec 27th, 2010 06:19 pm
  PM Quote Reply
67th Post
mike3775



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Indiana USA
Posts: 17634
Status: 
Offline
Atlanta is due to have the luck end also.  Several times they got lucky to win against teams they should have beaten easily

I don't think it really matters in the NFC at all this year, there is not an NFC team that can beat the top 2 seeds in the AFC

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Mon Dec 27th, 2010 06:44 pm
  PM Quote Reply
68th Post
DaNkinator



Joined: Tue Oct 23rd, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 6116
Status: 
Offline
mike3775 wrote: Atlanta is due to have the luck end also.  Several times they got lucky to win against teams they should have beaten easily

I don't think it really matters in the NFC at all this year, there is not an NFC team that can beat the top 2 seeds in the AFC

The Saints have already beaten one of those top seeds when they beat the Steelers.

And the Steelers are really inconsistent...you never know which team is going to show up for them. 

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Mon Dec 27th, 2010 06:49 pm
  PM Quote Reply
69th Post
stingmark



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Cop City, California USA
Posts: 9390
Status: 
Offline
sek69 wrote: Someone break up the Lions, 3 wins in a row!

LOL, Yeah really. Fire Schwartz........:tongue: Nice to see them playing better.



____________________
"I went to the #6th ranked liberal Arts College in California, I'm smarter than anyone else"(Also found out to be a formerly racist institution-Jeff Forsyth)




Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Mon Dec 27th, 2010 07:49 pm
  PM Quote Reply
70th Post
clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
stingmark wrote: sek69 wrote: Someone break up the Lions, 3 wins in a row!

LOL, Yeah really. Fire Schwartz........:tongue: Nice to see them playing better.

The Lions are in a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. Yes The Lions have gotten better this year. But Matthew Stafford remains a huge question mark. He has the ability to be a very good NFL QB. But he keeps getting injured. The Lions winning these games late in the season is screwing up their draft position which is very important if they don't believe in the long term health of Stafford.  



____________________
"We are the priests
Of the temples of syrinx
Our great computers
Fill the hollowed halls
We are the priests
Of the temples of syrinx
All the gifts of life
Are held within our walls" 2112 By Rush!!
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Mon Dec 27th, 2010 08:00 pm
  PM Quote Reply
71st Post
krazykid18

 

Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 1754
Status: 
Offline
clawmaster wrote: stingmark wrote: sek69 wrote: Someone break up the Lions, 3 wins in a row!

LOL, Yeah really. Fire Schwartz........:tongue: Nice to see them playing better.

The Lions are in a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. Yes The Lions have gotten better this year. But Matthew Stafford remains a huge question mark. He has the ability to be a very good NFL QB. But he keeps getting injured. The Lions winning these games late in the season is screwing up their draft position which is very important if they don't believe in the long term health of Stafford.  

Stanton and Hill know something Stafford has yet to figure out, you see that monster named Calvin Johnson, get that boy the ball,

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Dec 28th, 2010 01:23 am
  PM Quote Reply
72nd Post
sek69



Joined: Fri Dec 21st, 2007
Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Posts: 5509
Status: 
Offline
The Lions need to spend at least 2-3 draft picks on some o-linemen in order to keep whoever QB they play from getting killed. Those tend to be there later in the draft so winning some games won't cost them too much.

With their d-line it could be time to upgrade them from stingy's "shitty Lions" to a mediocre team.



____________________
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

Current time is 10:43 pm Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5     
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Sports Talk > NFL Week Sixteen Top




UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems