WowBB Forums Home 

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi  
AuthorPost
broke



Joined: Tue Jan 22nd, 2008
Location: Bolton, ON
Posts: 3173
Status: 
Offline
Figure it's that time of year, so all the minor deals can go here.

 

Carolina trades Ian White to San Jose for someone.  I hear San Jose has some great bars, so Ian will feel right at home.  If they don't have drinking and driving laws, he'll be set!

Edit:  Canes get Derrick Joslin from the Sharks

CanadianHorseman



Joined: Fri Nov 2nd, 2007
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia Canada
Posts: 14026
Status: 
Offline
St. Louis trades D Eric Brewer to Tampa Bay for 2011 3rd round pick and prospect D Brock Beukeboom ( picked # 63 in 2010 draft ).

Ottawa trades G Brian Elliot to Colorado for G Craig Anderson.

freebirdsforever2001
Fantasia is running wild!


Joined: Tue Jul 8th, 2008
Location: Pittsgrove, New Jersey USA
Posts: 20758
Status: 
Offline
CanadianHorseman wrote: St. Louis trades D Eric Brewer to Tampa Bay for 2011 3rd round pick and prospect D Brock Beukeboom ( picked # 63 in 2010 draft ).

Ottawa trades G Brian Elliot to Colorado for G Craig Anderson.

Brock Beukeboom is the Son of former NHL D-Man Jeff Beukeboom.

CanadianHorseman



Joined: Fri Nov 2nd, 2007
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia Canada
Posts: 14026
Status: 
Offline
freebirdsforever2001 wrote: CanadianHorseman wrote: St. Louis trades D Eric Brewer to Tampa Bay for 2011 3rd round pick and prospect D Brock Beukeboom ( picked # 63 in 2010 draft ).

Ottawa trades G Brian Elliot to Colorado for G Craig Anderson.

Brock Beukeboom is the Son of former NHL D-Man Jeff Beukeboom.

I'm betting that St. Louis hopes that the kid provides a bit more offense than his dad ever did.

khawk
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 15718
Status: 
Offline
Stuart and Wheeler (Boston) ended up going to Atlanta for Valabik and Peverley.

A cap move to fit Kaberle in but Peverley is a nice return and should fit in well there. Valabik is big and he likes to fight, so he should also fit right in.

JB5



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 1018
Status: 
Offline
CanadianHorseman wrote:
freebirdsforever2001 wrote: CanadianHorseman wrote: St. Louis trades D Eric Brewer to Tampa Bay for 2011 3rd round pick and prospect D Brock Beukeboom ( picked # 63 in 2010 draft ).

Ottawa trades G Brian Elliot to Colorado for G Craig Anderson.

Brock Beukeboom is the Son of former NHL D-Man Jeff Beukeboom.

I'm betting that St. Louis hopes that the kid provides a bit more offense than his dad ever did.


1 goal in 44 games for Brock in the OHL this year. Not looking like he will provide much offense. Lol

broke



Joined: Tue Jan 22nd, 2008
Location: Bolton, ON
Posts: 3173
Status: 
Offline
CanadianHorseman wrote: freebirdsforever2001 wrote: CanadianHorseman wrote: St. Louis trades D Eric Brewer to Tampa Bay for 2011 3rd round pick and prospect D Brock Beukeboom ( picked # 63 in 2010 draft ).

Ottawa trades G Brian Elliot to Colorado for G Craig Anderson.

Brock Beukeboom is the Son of former NHL D-Man Jeff Beukeboom.

I'm betting that St. Louis hopes that the kid provides a bit more offense than his dad ever did.

The kid is strictly a hitter/grinder.  Pretty good defensively.

CanadianHorseman



Joined: Fri Nov 2nd, 2007
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia Canada
Posts: 14026
Status: 
Offline
khawk wrote: Valabik is big and he likes to fight, so he should also fit right in.

I predict that Valabik will never play a game for Boston.

CanadianHorseman



Joined: Fri Nov 2nd, 2007
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia Canada
Posts: 14026
Status: 
Offline
Another big deal just announced between St. Louis and Colorado:

Colorado gets D Erik Johnson, C Jay McClement and a 2011 1st round pick

St. Louis gets D Kevin Shattenkirk, RW Chris Stewart and a 2011 2nd round pick


 What the hell are TSN and Sportsnet gonna do to kill almost 12 hours of TV time on the 28th ????  Oh yeah - they can always talk about the Leafs as usual.


EDIT - Apparently there are some conditions attached to the draft picks. If St.Louis's 2011 1st round pick is 10th or higher then they will keep the pick and Colorado will get the Blues 2012 1st round pick. Whichever year Colorado gets the 1st round pick from St. Louis then St. Louis will get Colorado's 2nd round pick.

Last edited on Sat Feb 19th, 2011 07:49 am by CanadianHorseman

khawk
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 15718
Status: 
Offline
I don't get why Colorado would make this deal. Stewart and Shattenkirk are young with lots of offensive upside. Strange move.

freebirdsforever2001
Fantasia is running wild!


Joined: Tue Jul 8th, 2008
Location: Pittsgrove, New Jersey USA
Posts: 20758
Status: 
Offline
khawk wrote: I don't get why Colorado would make this deal. Stewart and Shattenkirk are young with lots of offensive upside. Strange move.
Very strange indeed.

LAF



Joined: Sat Oct 13th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 4596
Status: 
Offline
The only guy in that trade that I've heard of is Johnson. That's how much overall NHL I watch these days.

khawk
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 15718
Status: 
Offline
Shattenkirk's a good young offensive-minded D-man. Stewart is a second year pro that's pretty much averaged a point a game since he started halfway through last season. he can also bang...good power forward.

JB5



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 1018
Status: 
Offline
khawk wrote: Shattenkirk's a good young offensive-minded D-man. Stewart is a second year pro that's pretty much averaged a point a game since he started halfway through last season. he can also bang...good power forward.

Friends in Colorado are telling me that Shattenkirk is very soft in the defensive zone and was pretty much a young Sheldon Souray in that respect. His offensive game has been flatlining lately as well.

Johnson has top 5 potential as a D-man, but I really think that golf cart accident that wrecked his knee 2 years ago basically put a ceiling on his career as a decent top 4 guy, but not a superstar.

Blues still win this deal imho, unless Johnson reaches his potential and becomes a legit Stud.

freebirdsforever2001
Fantasia is running wild!


Joined: Tue Jul 8th, 2008
Location: Pittsgrove, New Jersey USA
Posts: 20758
Status: 
Offline
Another possible huge trade coming out of Colorado:

http://blogs.denverpost.com/avs/2011/02/20/avs-now-with-five-centers-whos-going-to-go/6559/

freebirdsforever2001
Fantasia is running wild!


Joined: Tue Jul 8th, 2008
Location: Pittsgrove, New Jersey USA
Posts: 20758
Status: 
Offline
Dallas trades:
James Neal
Matt Niskanen

Pitt trades:
Alex Goligoski

Stupid trade by Dallas. Ray Shero just raped Joe Nieuwendyk.:?

broke



Joined: Tue Jan 22nd, 2008
Location: Bolton, ON
Posts: 3173
Status: 
Offline
Dallas just took it hard up the Ass.  Pens fans will be laughing about this for years. 

CanadianHorseman



Joined: Fri Nov 2nd, 2007
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia Canada
Posts: 14026
Status: 
Offline
freebirdsforever2001 wrote: Dallas trades:
James Neal
Matt Niskanen

Pitt trades:
Alex Goligoski

Stupid trade by Dallas. Ray Shero just raped Joe Nieuwendyk.:?


I was just about to post this trade too. Very surprising move from Dallas since Neal was considered an untouchable not that long ago. There are reports claiming that Dallas is getting another player/pick from Pittsburgh so that might even things out a bit more.

EDIT - Darren Dreger was spot on with his column this morning:

However, sources say the Dallas Stars and Pittsburgh Penguins may be working on a deal involving two high quality players.
It's believed the Pens are willing to move defenceman Alex Goligoski for the right forward, and a trade involving Stars winger James Neal has been discussed.
Not saying it's going to happen, but considering what went down in the wee hours Saturday morning between the Blues and Avs, it's most certainly possible.



 

Last edited on Mon Feb 21st, 2011 09:22 pm by CanadianHorseman

freebirdsforever2001
Fantasia is running wild!


Joined: Tue Jul 8th, 2008
Location: Pittsgrove, New Jersey USA
Posts: 20758
Status: 
Offline
CanadianHorseman wrote: freebirdsforever2001 wrote: Dallas trades:
James Neal
Matt Niskanen

Pitt trades:
Alex Goligoski

Stupid trade by Dallas. Ray Shero just raped Joe Nieuwendyk.:?

I was just about to post this trade too. Very surprising move from Dallas since Neal was considered an untouchable not that long ago. There are reports claiming that Dallas is getting another player/pick from Pittsburgh so that might even things out a bit more.

Another of My Fantasy team's LW gets traded. who's next, Bobby Ryan?

CanadianHorseman



Joined: Fri Nov 2nd, 2007
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia Canada
Posts: 14026
Status: 
Offline
freebirdsforever2001 wrote: CanadianHorseman wrote: freebirdsforever2001 wrote: Dallas trades:
James Neal
Matt Niskanen

Pitt trades:
Alex Goligoski

Stupid trade by Dallas. Ray Shero just raped Joe Nieuwendyk.:?

I was just about to post this trade too. Very surprising move from Dallas since Neal was considered an untouchable not that long ago. There are reports claiming that Dallas is getting another player/pick from Pittsburgh so that might even things out a bit more.

Another of My Fantasy team's LW gets traded. who's next, Bobby Ryan?

Well at least your guys are still playing. I've lost Malkin and Edler for the rest of the season and I am still waiting for Benn and Duchene to get back.

khawk
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 15718
Status: 
Offline
Duchene will play next game for the Avs, his hand is apparently ok.

freebirdsforever2001
Fantasia is running wild!


Joined: Tue Jul 8th, 2008
Location: Pittsgrove, New Jersey USA
Posts: 20758
Status: 
Offline
CanadianHorseman wrote: freebirdsforever2001 wrote: CanadianHorseman wrote: freebirdsforever2001 wrote: Dallas trades:
James Neal
Matt Niskanen

Pitt trades:
Alex Goligoski

Stupid trade by Dallas. Ray Shero just raped Joe Nieuwendyk.:?

I was just about to post this trade too. Very surprising move from Dallas since Neal was considered an untouchable not that long ago. There are reports claiming that Dallas is getting another player/pick from Pittsburgh so that might even things out a bit more.

Another of My Fantasy team's LW gets traded. who's next, Bobby Ryan?

Well at least your guys are still playing. I've lost Malkin and Edler for the rest of the season and I am still waiting for Benn and Duchene to get back.

I told You if You wanted to make a decent deal, I would do it. I'm not going to just give You a good player for 2-3 Crappy ones.;)

CanadianHorseman



Joined: Fri Nov 2nd, 2007
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia Canada
Posts: 14026
Status: 
Offline
freebirdsforever2001 wrote: CanadianHorseman wrote: freebirdsforever2001 wrote: CanadianHorseman wrote: freebirdsforever2001 wrote: Dallas trades:
James Neal
Matt Niskanen

Pitt trades:
Alex Goligoski

Stupid trade by Dallas. Ray Shero just raped Joe Nieuwendyk.:?

I was just about to post this trade too. Very surprising move from Dallas since Neal was considered an untouchable not that long ago. There are reports claiming that Dallas is getting another player/pick from Pittsburgh so that might even things out a bit more.

Another of My Fantasy team's LW gets traded. who's next, Bobby Ryan?

Well at least your guys are still playing. I've lost Malkin and Edler for the rest of the season and I am still waiting for Benn and Duchene to get back.

I told You if You wanted to make a decent deal, I would do it. I'm not going to just give You a good player for 2-3 Crappy ones.;)

They're not crappy......they're just not producing as much as I'd like. :D

CanadianHorseman



Joined: Fri Nov 2nd, 2007
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia Canada
Posts: 14026
Status: 
Offline
khawk wrote: Duchene will play next game for the Avs, his hand is apparently ok.
I had heard that Benn might play on Tuesday so that is even some more good news.

the squared circle
Mr Hockey


Joined: Thu Feb 21st, 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 7756
Status: 
Offline
Alex Kovalev back to the Pens for a 7th round pick.

freebirdsforever2001
Fantasia is running wild!


Joined: Tue Jul 8th, 2008
Location: Pittsgrove, New Jersey USA
Posts: 20758
Status: 
Offline
Dan Ellis to Anaheim

Curtis McElhinney to Tampa

freebirdsforever2001
Fantasia is running wild!


Joined: Tue Jul 8th, 2008
Location: Pittsgrove, New Jersey USA
Posts: 20758
Status: 
Offline
the squared circle wrote: Alex Kovalev back to the Pens for a 7th round pick.
Kovalev is done.

LAF



Joined: Sat Oct 13th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 4596
Status: 
Offline
Sabres waived Craig Rivet yesterday. Maybe some team will think it is 1999 and claim him. He has played a whole 23 games this year due to injuries and being way-past-his-prime.

You don't see too many captains basically being told to go away.

khawk
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 15718
Status: 
Offline
LAF wrote: Sabres waived Craig Rivet yesterday. Maybe some team will think it is 1999 and claim him. He has played a whole 23 games this year due to injuries and being way-past-his-prime.

You don't see too many captains basically being told to go away.

His cap hit makes him tough to fit, I would guess.

khawk
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 15718
Status: 
Offline
freebirdsforever2001 wrote: the squared circle wrote: Alex Kovalev back to the Pens for a 7th round pick.
Kovalev is done.

For some reason when I read this it made me wonder if anyone will try to bring back Miro Satan for the playoff run.

CanadianHorseman



Joined: Fri Nov 2nd, 2007
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia Canada
Posts: 14026
Status: 
Offline
Montreal and Atlanta just made a trade:



Montreal gets D Brent Sopel and LW/RW Nigel Dawes

Atlanta gets C/LW Ben Maxwell and a 2011 4th round pick


broke



Joined: Tue Jan 22nd, 2008
Location: Bolton, ON
Posts: 3173
Status: 
Offline
I thought Montreal was going to get bigger and tougher  :X

khawk
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 15718
Status: 
Offline
broke wrote: I thought Montreal was going to get bigger and tougher  :X

Maybe the french translation of "tougher" was garbled....they obviously meant "slower".

Sopel is a good shot blocker because he's too slow to get out of the way of the puck. Seriously.

(Probably still better than Mara, though...)

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
khawk wrote: broke wrote: I thought Montreal was going to get bigger and tougher  :X

Maybe the french translation of "tougher" was garbled....they obviously meant "slower".

Sopel is a good shot blocker because he's too slow to get out of the way of the puck. Seriously.

(Probably still better than Mara, though...)

Sopel is one guy the Hawks don't miss. They do miss Big Buf, Versteeg and Ladd though.

Count Grog
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Sun Oct 21st, 2007
Location: Fuquay Varina, NC, USA
Posts: 15603
Status: 
Offline
Hurricanes get Cory Stillman back

freebirdsforever2001
Fantasia is running wild!


Joined: Tue Jul 8th, 2008
Location: Pittsgrove, New Jersey USA
Posts: 20758
Status: 
Offline
Count Grog wrote: Hurricanes get Cory Stillman back
He's done.

broke



Joined: Tue Jan 22nd, 2008
Location: Bolton, ON
Posts: 3173
Status: 
Offline
Panthers trade Bryan McCabe to the Rangers for Tim Kennedy and a 3rd round pick

LAF



Joined: Sat Oct 13th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 4596
Status: 
Offline
Columbus claims Craig Rivet on re-entry waivers.

CanadianHorseman



Joined: Fri Nov 2nd, 2007
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia Canada
Posts: 14026
Status: 
Offline
LAF wrote: Columbus claims Craig Rivet on re-entry waivers.
Marco Sturm claimed on waivers by Washington
Nick Boynton claimed on waivers by Philadelphia.

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
CanadianHorseman wrote: LAF wrote: Columbus claims Craig Rivet on re-entry waivers.
Marco Sturm claimed on waivers by Washington
Nick Boynton claimed on waivers by Philadelphia.

Boynton being claimed by Philly frees up cap space for the Hawks. I'd expect Chicago to make a minor deal on Monday.

CanadianHorseman



Joined: Fri Nov 2nd, 2007
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia Canada
Posts: 14026
Status: 
Offline
A couple of late moves Sunday night before the trading frenzy hits on Monday:

Buffalo picked up RW Brad Boyes from St. Louis for a 2011 2nd round pick

Chris Phillips signed a 3 year extension with Ottawa for $ 9.25 million

Boston and Anaheim completed a 4 player deal that even if you're a fan of either team doesn't really matter very much. Boston traded RW Brian McGratton and D Sean Zimmerman ( Zimmerman has now been traded 4 times this season ) to Anaheim for RW/LW David Laliberte and C Stefan Chaput. This is just a case of moving some AHL bodies around as none of these guys will likely ever play again in the NHL.

khawk
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 15718
Status: 
Offline
clawmaster wrote: CanadianHorseman wrote: LAF wrote: Columbus claims Craig Rivet on re-entry waivers.
Marco Sturm claimed on waivers by Washington
Nick Boynton claimed on waivers by Philadelphia.

Boynton being claimed by Philly frees up cap space for the Hawks. I'd expect Chicago to make a minor deal on Monday.


They need a D-man now as Jordan Hendry went down with a knee injury last night. It looked bad. Hjalmarsson is hurt, too, but playing through it.

So yeah, a 5-6 D-man will likely be added.

Brad Richards will apparently only waive his No Movement Clause to go to the Rangers. Stephen Weiss will apparently only waive his NMC to go to Toronto.

Weiss for the two 1st round picks that Burke traded for with Boston and Philly, plus a prospect is my guess, if it happens.

I think Richards would move for Zucharrello, a 1st, and probably an expiring contract, since the Rangers would probably have to give some money back to make it work.

Gone_Fishing

 

Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 853
Status: 
Offline
khawk wrote: clawmaster wrote: CanadianHorseman wrote: LAF wrote: Columbus claims Craig Rivet on re-entry waivers.
Marco Sturm claimed on waivers by Washington
Nick Boynton claimed on waivers by Philadelphia.

Boynton being claimed by Philly frees up cap space for the Hawks. I'd expect Chicago to make a minor deal on Monday.


They need a D-man now as Jordan Hendry went down with a knee injury last night. It looked bad. Hjalmarsson is hurt, too, but playing through it.

So yeah, a 5-6 D-man will likely be added.

Brad Richards will apparently only waive his No Movement Clause to go to the Rangers. Stephen Weiss will apparently only waive his NMC to go to Toronto.

Weiss for the two 1st round picks that Burke traded for with Boston and Philly, plus a prospect is my guess, if it happens.

I think Richards would move for Zucharrello, a 1st, and probably an expiring contract, since the Rangers would probably have to give some money back to make it work.


Eklund says..........................

freebirdsforever2001
Fantasia is running wild!


Joined: Tue Jul 8th, 2008
Location: Pittsgrove, New Jersey USA
Posts: 20758
Status: 
Offline
Gone_Fishing wrote: khawk wrote: clawmaster wrote: CanadianHorseman wrote: LAF wrote: Columbus claims Craig Rivet on re-entry waivers.
Marco Sturm claimed on waivers by Washington
Nick Boynton claimed on waivers by Philadelphia.

Boynton being claimed by Philly frees up cap space for the Hawks. I'd expect Chicago to make a minor deal on Monday.


They need a D-man now as Jordan Hendry went down with a knee injury last night. It looked bad. Hjalmarsson is hurt, too, but playing through it.

So yeah, a 5-6 D-man will likely be added.

Brad Richards will apparently only waive his No Movement Clause to go to the Rangers. Stephen Weiss will apparently only waive his NMC to go to Toronto.

Weiss for the two 1st round picks that Burke traded for with Boston and Philly, plus a prospect is my guess, if it happens.

I think Richards would move for Zucharrello, a 1st, and probably an expiring contract, since the Rangers would probably have to give some money back to make it work.


Eklund says..........................

Fuck Eklund  (T5)

freebirdsforever2001
Fantasia is running wild!


Joined: Tue Jul 8th, 2008
Location: Pittsgrove, New Jersey USA
Posts: 20758
Status: 
Offline
khawk wrote: clawmaster wrote: CanadianHorseman wrote: LAF wrote: Columbus claims Craig Rivet on re-entry waivers.
Marco Sturm claimed on waivers by Washington
Nick Boynton claimed on waivers by Philadelphia.

Boynton being claimed by Philly frees up cap space for the Hawks. I'd expect Chicago to make a minor deal on Monday.


They need a D-man now as Jordan Hendry went down with a knee injury last night. It looked bad. Hjalmarsson is hurt, too, but playing through it.

So yeah, a 5-6 D-man will likely be added.

Brad Richards will apparently only waive his No Movement Clause to go to the Rangers. Stephen Weiss will apparently only waive his NMC to go to Toronto.

Weiss for the two 1st round picks that Burke traded for with Boston and Philly, plus a prospect is my guess, if it happens.

I think Richards would move for Zucharrello, a 1st, and probably an expiring contract, since the Rangers would probably have to give some money back to make it work.

Weiss blows.



 

Joined: 
Location:  
Posts: 
Status: 
Offline
Gone_Fishing wrote: khawk wrote: clawmaster wrote: CanadianHorseman wrote: LAF wrote: Columbus claims Craig Rivet on re-entry waivers.
Marco Sturm claimed on waivers by Washington
Nick Boynton claimed on waivers by Philadelphia.

Boynton being claimed by Philly frees up cap space for the Hawks. I'd expect Chicago to make a minor deal on Monday.


They need a D-man now as Jordan Hendry went down with a knee injury last night. It looked bad. Hjalmarsson is hurt, too, but playing through it.

So yeah, a 5-6 D-man will likely be added.

Brad Richards will apparently only waive his No Movement Clause to go to the Rangers. Stephen Weiss will apparently only waive his NMC to go to Toronto.

Weiss for the two 1st round picks that Burke traded for with Boston and Philly, plus a prospect is my guess, if it happens.

I think Richards would move for Zucharrello, a 1st, and probably an expiring contract, since the Rangers would probably have to give some money back to make it work.


Eklund says..........................


I don't know too much about Richards, but looking at the stats I would not make that trade.  Trading away a guy with a lot of potential AND a 1st rd pick for a 31 year old guy that has never scored more than 25 goals in a season.  We have enough of those guys on the teams already.  Plus, Zuccarello has won them 3 or 4 games in the shootout this year because he is unbelievable handling the puck.

The Rangers need a sniper, a guy that can put the puck in the net about 40 times a year.

It's amazing to me, that this year the Rangers have the best defensemen that may have ever had (including the Cup year), and they can't score.  And, it's very ironic that they're a Jagr away from being a true Stanley Cup contender.

freebirdsforever2001
Fantasia is running wild!


Joined: Tue Jul 8th, 2008
Location: Pittsgrove, New Jersey USA
Posts: 20758
Status: 
Offline
nyhack56 wrote: Gone_Fishing wrote: khawk wrote: clawmaster wrote: CanadianHorseman wrote: LAF wrote: Columbus claims Craig Rivet on re-entry waivers.
Marco Sturm claimed on waivers by Washington
Nick Boynton claimed on waivers by Philadelphia.

Boynton being claimed by Philly frees up cap space for the Hawks. I'd expect Chicago to make a minor deal on Monday.


They need a D-man now as Jordan Hendry went down with a knee injury last night. It looked bad. Hjalmarsson is hurt, too, but playing through it.

So yeah, a 5-6 D-man will likely be added.

Brad Richards will apparently only waive his No Movement Clause to go to the Rangers. Stephen Weiss will apparently only waive his NMC to go to Toronto.

Weiss for the two 1st round picks that Burke traded for with Boston and Philly, plus a prospect is my guess, if it happens.

I think Richards would move for Zucharrello, a 1st, and probably an expiring contract, since the Rangers would probably have to give some money back to make it work.


Eklund says..........................


I don't know too much about Richards, but looking at the stats I would not make that trade.  Trading away a guy with a lot of potential AND a 1st rd pick for a 31 year old guy that has never scored more than 25 goals in a season.  We have enough of those guys on the teams already.  Plus, Zuccarello has won them 3 or 4 games in the shootout this year because he is unbelievable handling the puck.

The Rangers need a sniper, a guy that can put the puck in the net about 40 times a year.

It's amazing to me, that this year the Rangers have the best defensemen that may have ever had (including the Cup year), and they can't score.  And, it's very ironic that they're a Jagr away from being a true Stanley Cup contender.

Richards has a Conn Symthe award for MVP in the playoffs in 2003-04. He has had injury problems in the past, and is a UFA after this season. Sather should be shot if He makes a deal for Richards. The Rangers aren't gloing to go anywhere in the playoffs this year anyway, so why pay that kind of price for a possible rental. Richards is a fan of Torts, who was His Coach in Tampa when They won the Cup.

freebirdsforever2001
Fantasia is running wild!


Joined: Tue Jul 8th, 2008
Location: Pittsgrove, New Jersey USA
Posts: 20758
Status: 
Offline
Florida trades:
Radek Dvorak
5th round pick

Atlanta trades:
Nick Bergfors
Pat Rissmiller

freebirdsforever2001
Fantasia is running wild!


Joined: Tue Jul 8th, 2008
Location: Pittsgrove, New Jersey USA
Posts: 20758
Status: 
Offline
Florida trades:
Dennis Wideman

Washington trades:
Prospect Jake Hauswirth
3rd round pick

Salary dump for Florida on this one. I'm guessing Mike Green's injury is alot worse then expected.

freebirdsforever2001
Fantasia is running wild!


Joined: Tue Jul 8th, 2008
Location: Pittsgrove, New Jersey USA
Posts: 20758
Status: 
Offline
Atlanta picks Robbie Schremp off of waivers from the Islanders.

freebirdsforever2001
Fantasia is running wild!


Joined: Tue Jul 8th, 2008
Location: Pittsgrove, New Jersey USA
Posts: 20758
Status: 
Offline
CanadianHorseman wrote: LAF wrote: Columbus claims Craig Rivet on re-entry waivers.
Marco Sturm claimed on waivers by Washington
Nick Boynton claimed on waivers by Philadelphia.

I like the pick up for Boynton for the Flyers. Perfect 7th D-Man.

lobo316



Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Raptorville
Posts: 43469
Status: 
Offline
freebirdsforever2001 wrote: nyhack56 wrote: Gone_Fishing wrote: khawk wrote: clawmaster wrote: CanadianHorseman wrote: LAF wrote: Columbus claims Craig Rivet on re-entry waivers.
Marco Sturm claimed on waivers by Washington
Nick Boynton claimed on waivers by Philadelphia.

Boynton being claimed by Philly frees up cap space for the Hawks. I'd expect Chicago to make a minor deal on Monday.


They need a D-man now as Jordan Hendry went down with a knee injury last night. It looked bad. Hjalmarsson is hurt, too, but playing through it.

So yeah, a 5-6 D-man will likely be added.

Brad Richards will apparently only waive his No Movement Clause to go to the Rangers. Stephen Weiss will apparently only waive his NMC to go to Toronto.

Weiss for the two 1st round picks that Burke traded for with Boston and Philly, plus a prospect is my guess, if it happens.

I think Richards would move for Zucharrello, a 1st, and probably an expiring contract, since the Rangers would probably have to give some money back to make it work.


Eklund says..........................


I don't know too much about Richards, but looking at the stats I would not make that trade.  Trading away a guy with a lot of potential AND a 1st rd pick for a 31 year old guy that has never scored more than 25 goals in a season.  We have enough of those guys on the teams already.  Plus, Zuccarello has won them 3 or 4 games in the shootout this year because he is unbelievable handling the puck.

The Rangers need a sniper, a guy that can put the puck in the net about 40 times a year.

It's amazing to me, that this year the Rangers have the best defensemen that may have ever had (including the Cup year), and they can't score.  And, it's very ironic that they're a Jagr away from being a true Stanley Cup contender.

Richards has a Conn Symthe award for MVP in the playoffs in 2003-04. He has had injury problems in the past, and is a UFA after this season. Sather should be shot if He makes a deal for Richards. The Rangers aren't gloing to go anywhere in the playoffs this year anyway, so why pay that kind of price for a possible rental. Richards is a fan of Torts, who was His Coach in Tampa when They won the Cup.


 

Teams should be wary of acquiring Richards, with his recent concussion.

freebirdsforever2001
Fantasia is running wild!


Joined: Tue Jul 8th, 2008
Location: Pittsgrove, New Jersey USA
Posts: 20758
Status: 
Offline
Justin Williams re-signs with the Kings 4yrs $14.6 Million deal.

CanadianHorseman



Joined: Fri Nov 2nd, 2007
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia Canada
Posts: 14026
Status: 
Offline
Finally a big deal:

Phoenix gets D Rotislav Klesla and LW Dane Byers
Columbus gets RW/LW Scottie Upshall and D Sami Lepisto

Last edited on Mon Feb 28th, 2011 06:04 pm by CanadianHorseman

lobo316



Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Raptorville
Posts: 43469
Status: 
Offline
Latest rumor....l.A. Kings acquire Dustin Penner.

Last edited on Mon Feb 28th, 2011 07:29 pm by lobo316

Cory17



Joined: Sat Oct 20th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 812
Status: 
Offline
Penner to the Kings for Colton Teubert, 2011 1st Round, and conditional draft pick.  Steal for the Oilers.

freebirdsforever2001
Fantasia is running wild!


Joined: Tue Jul 8th, 2008
Location: Pittsgrove, New Jersey USA
Posts: 20758
Status: 
Offline
Cory17 wrote: Penner to the Kings for Colton Teubert, 2011 1st Round, and conditional draft pick.  Steal for the Oilers.

I think Edm should've kept Penner and got rid of Hemsky, Myself.  I'm surprised that Edm didn't get a player off of the Kings Roster, instead of the conditional pick.

freebirdsforever2001
Fantasia is running wild!


Joined: Tue Jul 8th, 2008
Location: Pittsgrove, New Jersey USA
Posts: 20758
Status: 
Offline
CanadianHorseman wrote: Finally a big deal:

Phoenix gets D Rotislav Klesla and LW Dane Byers
Columbus gets RW/LW Scottie Upshall and D Sami Lepisto

That's a flat out steal for Columbus.

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
The Blackhawks have been a bit thin on depth in defense with losing Nick Boynton to waivers and Jordan Hendry going down with an injury last night. Today they’ve made amends and given themselves a boost by acquiring Chris Campoli and a conditional seventh round pick from Ottawa for Ryan Potulny and a conditional second round pick.

Campoli is a defensive-ish defenseman who has fallen on hard times in Ottawa. The Senators weren’t happy with how he’s progressed this year with just three goals and 11 assists this season all while being not as staunch a defender he became expendable. With Chicago’s depth hurting, they became instant buyers and with Campoli’s deal expiring at the end of this season, it’s an ideal move. Campoli will be a restricted free agent at the end of the year.

Chicago giving up a second round pick to make it happen is a bit a steep price considering all thing. That said, it’s a nice way for Ottawa GM Bryan Murray to make the best of what was a bad trade initially considering he gave up a first round pick to the Islanders back in 2009 in the Mike Comrie deal.

Cory17



Joined: Sat Oct 20th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 812
Status: 
Offline
freebirdsforever2001 wrote: Cory17 wrote: Penner to the Kings for Colton Teubert, 2011 1st Round, and conditional draft pick.  Steal for the Oilers.

I think Edm should've kept Penner and got rid of Hemsky, Myself.  I'm surprised that Edm didn't get a player off of the Kings Roster, instead of the conditional pick.

You just need to see Penner play every day, he can score, but he is just lazy, he likes to coast, and make tons of terrible passes.  The Oilers are in full rebuild mode, this gives them another 4.3 million to use if needed.  Not that big ticket free agents want to play here.

CanadianHorseman



Joined: Fri Nov 2nd, 2007
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia Canada
Posts: 14026
Status: 
Offline
Some other minor deals so far:

Edmonton gets D Kevin Montgomery
Colorado gets D Shawn Belle


Carloina gets D Bryan Allen
Florida gets LW Sergei Samsonov


Anaheim gets LW Brad Winchester
St. Louis gets 2011 3rd round pick


NY Rangers get C John Mitchell
Toronto gets 2012 7th round pick


Calgary gets LW Fredrik Modin
Atlanta gets 2011 7th round pick


Vancouver gets LW Chris Higgins
Florida gets D Evan Oberg and 2011 3rd round pick







 

Last edited on Mon Feb 28th, 2011 09:16 pm by CanadianHorseman

the squared circle
Mr Hockey


Joined: Thu Feb 21st, 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 7756
Status: 
Offline
Worst Trade Deadline day ever??

CanadianHorseman



Joined: Fri Nov 2nd, 2007
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia Canada
Posts: 14026
Status: 
Offline
the squared circle wrote: Worst Trade Deadline day ever??
It was kind of expected with all the big trades over the last 2 weeks.

CanadianHorseman



Joined: Fri Nov 2nd, 2007
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia Canada
Posts: 14026
Status: 
Offline
Some more deals that were completed before the deadline:

Philadelphia gets LW Tom Lesisto
Columbus gets RW/C Greg Moore and C Michael Chaput


Vancouver gets C Maxim Lapierre and C/LW MacGregor Sharp
Anaheim gets C/RW Joel Perrault and a 2011 3rd round pick


Washington gets C Jason Arnott
New Jersey gets C David Steckel and a 2011 2nd round pick


Montreal gets G Drew MacIntyre
Atlanta gets D Brett Festerling


Boston gets G Anton Khudobin
Minnesota gets D Jeff Penner and RW Mikko Lehtonen 

 

And that's probably it for the 2011 NHL Trade Deadline.




 

freebirdsforever2001
Fantasia is running wild!


Joined: Tue Jul 8th, 2008
Location: Pittsgrove, New Jersey USA
Posts: 20758
Status: 
Offline
CanadianHorseman wrote: Some more deals that were completed before the deadline:

Philadelphia gets LW Tom Lesisto
Columbus gets RW/C Greg Moore and C Michael Chaput


Vancouver gets C Maxim Lapierre and C/LW MacGregor Sharp
Anaheim gets C/RW Joel Perrault and a 2011 3rd round pick


Washington gets C Jason Arnott
New Jersey gets C David Steckel and a 2011 2nd round pick


Montreal gets G Drew MacIntyre
Atlanta gets D Brett Festerling


Boston gets G Anton Khudobin
Minnesota gets D Jeff Penner and RW Mikko Lehtonen 

 

And that's probably it for the 2011 NHL Trade Deadline.




 

I don't understand on why the Bruins would trade for Khudobin. Unless this is a message to Rask, then I don't see the point.

freebirdsforever2001
Fantasia is running wild!


Joined: Tue Jul 8th, 2008
Location: Pittsgrove, New Jersey USA
Posts: 20758
Status: 
Offline
Cory17 wrote: freebirdsforever2001 wrote: Cory17 wrote: Penner to the Kings for Colton Teubert, 2011 1st Round, and conditional draft pick.  Steal for the Oilers.

I think Edm should've kept Penner and got rid of Hemsky, Myself.  I'm surprised that Edm didn't get a player off of the Kings Roster, instead of the conditional pick.

You just need to see Penner play every day, he can score, but he is just lazy, he likes to coast, and make tons of terrible passes.  The Oilers are in full rebuild mode, this gives them another 4.3 million to use if needed.  Not that big ticket free agents want to play here.

I think that Penner fits a better need for the Oilers then Hemsky does currently. The Oilers don't really have that Power Foward that every team needs. Hemsky is a very skilled player, but They already have a few of Them. They still need Defense and a Goalie of the future. I think that Edmonton does some trading at the Draft this year.

freebirdsforever2001
Fantasia is running wild!


Joined: Tue Jul 8th, 2008
Location: Pittsgrove, New Jersey USA
Posts: 20758
Status: 
Offline
Cory17 wrote: freebirdsforever2001 wrote: Cory17 wrote: Penner to the Kings for Colton Teubert, 2011 1st Round, and conditional draft pick.  Steal for the Oilers.

I think Edm should've kept Penner and got rid of Hemsky, Myself.  I'm surprised that Edm didn't get a player off of the Kings Roster, instead of the conditional pick.

You just need to see Penner play every day, he can score, but he is just lazy, he likes to coast, and make tons of terrible passes.  The Oilers are in full rebuild mode, this gives them another 4.3 million to use if needed.  Not that big ticket free agents want to play here.

I think that Penner fits a better need for the Oilers then Hemsky does currently. The Oilers don't really have that Power Foward that every team needs. Hemsky is a very skilled player, but They already have a few of Them. They still need Defense and a Goalie of the future. I think that Edmonton does some trading at the Draft this year.

CanadianHorseman



Joined: Fri Nov 2nd, 2007
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia Canada
Posts: 14026
Status: 
Offline
freebirdsforever2001 wrote: I don't understand on why the Bruins would trade for Khudobin. Unless this is a message to Rask, then I don't see the point.
Nah - this was strictly done to give Providence ( Boston's AHL team ) better goaltending. I can see him being a possible backup to Rask in a few years. Keep in mind that all Boston gave up was a guy ( Penner ) that at best will be a # 6 Defenseman in the NHL and another player ( Lehtonen ) that didn't want to play in the AHL anymore so he went home to play in Finland.

Last edited on Mon Feb 28th, 2011 09:55 pm by CanadianHorseman

LAF



Joined: Sat Oct 13th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 4596
Status: 
Offline
You forgot the awesome trade of the Sabres bringing in another overpaid mediocre player in Brad Boyes. A $4 mil cap hit for his 12 goals. Hooray!

I bet they re-sign Tim Connolly to something stupid again too.

Angelic Assassin



Joined: Mon Dec 27th, 2010
Location: Driving Through Philly, Home Of Losers., Pennsylvania USA
Posts: 6013
Status: 
Offline
the squared circle wrote:
Worst Trade Deadline day ever??

This!

Had coffee made and donuts picked up early this morning. Left over pizza and a couple beers for later, and for what, this.

The new trend is becoming, get the deals done before deadline day to benefit(hopefully) from them sooner and have less potential competition from teams actually waiting till the deadline.

I can't believe the Smurfs(I mean the Habs) went all out to get a minor league goalie.

Overall based on the last couple weeks or so: Boston, St. Louis, Pittsburgh, Los Angeles, Toronto, Philadelphia probably the teams that made the most interesting moves.

CanadianHorseman



Joined: Fri Nov 2nd, 2007
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia Canada
Posts: 14026
Status: 
Offline
Another deal tonight as Minnesota sent PW Petr Kalus to Columbus for Future Considerations. Just so you know - trades can be completed in the NHL after the deadline passes but those players cannot play in the upcoming Stanley Cup playoffs.

Cory17



Joined: Sat Oct 20th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 812
Status: 
Offline
freebirdsforever2001 wrote: Cory17 wrote: freebirdsforever2001 wrote: Cory17 wrote: Penner to the Kings for Colton Teubert, 2011 1st Round, and conditional draft pick.  Steal for the Oilers.

I think Edm should've kept Penner and got rid of Hemsky, Myself.  I'm surprised that Edm didn't get a player off of the Kings Roster, instead of the conditional pick.

You just need to see Penner play every day, he can score, but he is just lazy, he likes to coast, and make tons of terrible passes.  The Oilers are in full rebuild mode, this gives them another 4.3 million to use if needed.  Not that big ticket free agents want to play here.

I think that Penner fits a better need for the Oilers then Hemsky does currently. The Oilers don't really have that Power Foward that every team needs. Hemsky is a very skilled player, but They already have a few of Them. They still need Defense and a Goalie of the future. I think that Edmonton does some trading at the Draft this year.

You'd think Penner is a power forward, but he only does so when he wants.  I don't think Hemsky will be here past Draft day.  Now only if somebody wants Horcoff :(

TerryWWWF



Joined: Mon Nov 26th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 4322
Status: 
Offline
NHL Network had three different desks manned on the same set. Four guys at the main desk, three each at the other two. Reporters in the field. Producers ready to hook up GMs and players.

Ten people ready to analyze all the trades and their impact, and all they got was that collection of crappy deals.

khawk
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 15718
Status: 
Offline
TerryWWWF wrote: NHL Network had three different desks manned on the same set. Four guys at the main desk, three each at the other two. Reporters in the field. Producers ready to hook up GMs and players.

Ten people ready to analyze all the trades and their impact, and all they got was that collection of crappy deals.


fuck them all, they knew it was coming. All the networks did. It's about competing with the other networks now so much that they can't do enough.

Anyone watching the trade market over the last few weeks knew the deadline would be slower than usual. Those idiots got what they deserved.



UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems