WowBB Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Sports Talk > 2011 NFL Draft -- LIVE "IN GAME" Thread

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi Page:  First Page Previous Page  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10   
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
2011 NFL Draft -- LIVE "IN GAME" Thread  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Mon May 2nd, 2011 04:10 pm
  PM Quote Reply
136th Post
krazykid18
The Prophet
 

Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 1808
Status: 
Offline
nyhack56 wrote: krazykid18 wrote: LOL@ all the idiots who grade drafts and look @ there schedule and tell you how good a team's season will be. No wonder Kiper/Mayock/McShay don't ever do a draft grade after the season because they will be out of a job very quick for being wrong every yr.


I agree with that.  You can't tell what you're schedule is going to be like because you don't know how good your opponents are going to be.

As for the draft, everything is upside.  There's no guarantees, I  know that.  However, I do put some stock in scouting reports by guys like Mayock.  It gives you some hope and something to look forward to because these guys get paid to do their homework and report on these players.  I also have faith the my team's GM.  31 players of the Giants 53 man roster are their draft picks, and they exactly haven't had terrible seasons in the past 3 years.

I agree with everything you said but i would like kiper and the rest of these guys to do a how well was my predictions recap after the season, so we can value their thoughts much more

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Mon May 2nd, 2011 10:14 pm
  PM Quote Reply
137th Post
HBF



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Atlanta, Georgia USA
Posts: 17866
Status: 
Offline
krazykid18 wrote:
nyhack56 wrote: krazykid18 wrote: LOL@ all the idiots who grade drafts and look @ there schedule and tell you how good a team's season will be. No wonder Kiper/Mayock/McShay don't ever do a draft grade after the season because they will be out of a job very quick for being wrong every yr.


I agree with that.  You can't tell what you're schedule is going to be like because you don't know how good your opponents are going to be.

As for the draft, everything is upside.  There's no guarantees, I  know that.  However, I do put some stock in scouting reports by guys like Mayock.  It gives you some hope and something to look forward to because these guys get paid to do their homework and report on these players.  I also have faith the my team's GM.  31 players of the Giants 53 man roster are their draft picks, and they exactly haven't had terrible seasons in the past 3 years.

I agree with everything you said but i would like kiper and the rest of these guys to do a how well was my predictions recap after the season, so we can value their thoughts much more


KK-I agree about the "experts" too. But I do like Maycock. And man, I am so glad that Reese has done well with picks. Remember the 90's and Cedric Jones?



____________________
"That's what a pre-med degree will get you kids, nearly correct spelling and pissing in a bowl on Skype"-SRossi on Sunny
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Mon May 2nd, 2011 10:18 pm
  PM Quote Reply
138th Post


 

Joined: 
Location:  
Posts: 
Status: 
Offline
HBF wrote: krazykid18 wrote:
nyhack56 wrote: krazykid18 wrote: LOL@ all the idiots who grade drafts and look @ there schedule and tell you how good a team's season will be. No wonder Kiper/Mayock/McShay don't ever do a draft grade after the season because they will be out of a job very quick for being wrong every yr.


I agree with that.  You can't tell what you're schedule is going to be like because you don't know how good your opponents are going to be.

As for the draft, everything is upside.  There's no guarantees, I  know that.  However, I do put some stock in scouting reports by guys like Mayock.  It gives you some hope and something to look forward to because these guys get paid to do their homework and report on these players.  I also have faith the my team's GM.  31 players of the Giants 53 man roster are their draft picks, and they exactly haven't had terrible seasons in the past 3 years.

I agree with everything you said but i would like kiper and the rest of these guys to do a how well was my predictions recap after the season, so we can value their thoughts much more


KK-I agree about the "experts" too. But I do like Maycock. And man, I am so glad that Reese has done well with picks. Remember the 90's and Cedric Jones?


Yeah, and Thomas Lewis and Tyrone Wheatley.

Lots of 1st rd misses in those mid 90s drafts.

That 96 draft sucked.  The Giants had like the 6th or 7th pick, and coveted 5 or 6 different guys, and they all got taken right in a row right before they picked, so they drafted a half-blind DE.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue May 3rd, 2011 02:47 am
  PM Quote Reply
139th Post
HBF



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Atlanta, Georgia USA
Posts: 17866
Status: 
Offline
nyhack56 wrote:
HBF wrote: krazykid18 wrote:
nyhack56 wrote: krazykid18 wrote: LOL@ all the idiots who grade drafts and look @ there schedule and tell you how good a team's season will be. No wonder Kiper/Mayock/McShay don't ever do a draft grade after the season because they will be out of a job very quick for being wrong every yr.


I agree with that.  You can't tell what you're schedule is going to be like because you don't know how good your opponents are going to be.

As for the draft, everything is upside.  There's no guarantees, I  know that.  However, I do put some stock in scouting reports by guys like Mayock.  It gives you some hope and something to look forward to because these guys get paid to do their homework and report on these players.  I also have faith the my team's GM.  31 players of the Giants 53 man roster are their draft picks, and they exactly haven't had terrible seasons in the past 3 years.

I agree with everything you said but i would like kiper and the rest of these guys to do a how well was my predictions recap after the season, so we can value their thoughts much more


KK-I agree about the "experts" too. But I do like Maycock. And man, I am so glad that Reese has done well with picks. Remember the 90's and Cedric Jones?


Yeah, and Thomas Lewis and Tyrone Wheatley.

Lots of 1st rd misses in those mid 90s drafts.

That 96 draft sucked.  The Giants had like the 6th or 7th pick, and coveted 5 or 6 different guys, and they all got taken right in a row right before they picked, so they drafted a half-blind DE.


Ray Lewis went 28th to the Ravens.



____________________
"That's what a pre-med degree will get you kids, nearly correct spelling and pissing in a bowl on Skype"-SRossi on Sunny
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sat May 7th, 2011 09:08 pm
  PM Quote Reply
140th Post
CanadianHorseman



Joined: Fri Nov 2nd, 2007
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia Canada
Posts: 14026
Status: 
Offline
Check out how the " experts " graded your team's draft.



from realclearsports:

Now that the NFL Draft is over we can't spend hours pouring over various mock drafts, but we can look back at the draft and assess how teams have done. Nearly every sports website comes out with their own version of draft grades, so took it upon ourselves to average them all out to come up with a comprehensive draft report card. Opinions are widely varied (and one could argue fairly irrelevant as we won't have any real idea until a few seasons down the line) from site to site.

The RCS Grade Averages were calculated like a standard GPA (4.0 for an A, 3.7 for an A-, 3.3 for a B+, 3.0 for a B, 2.7 for a B-, etc.). USA Today decided to take the easy way out with any team that picked a QB high in the draft by giving them an incomplete. The incomplete grades were not factored into the team's GPA.








____________________
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Mon May 9th, 2011 05:26 am
  PM Quote Reply
141st Post
The Ultimate Sin
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown, Sri Lanka
Posts: 9863
Status: 
Offline
Sweet my 2 favorite teams were graded #1 and #2.



____________________
May I offer you some salt and vinegar chips?
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Mon May 9th, 2011 05:46 am
  PM Quote Reply
142nd Post
stone2k



Joined: Mon Nov 29th, 2010
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts USA
Posts: 8946
Status: 
Offline
The Patriots are the only team who had an "A+" and a "D"



____________________
Esoteric verbosity culminates in commutative ennui.

De gustibus non est disputandum
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Mon May 9th, 2011 08:30 am
  PM Quote Reply
143rd Post
clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
The Bears ranged from A minus to F. :tongue:



____________________
"We are the priests
Of the temples of syrinx
Our great computers
Fill the hollowed halls
We are the priests
Of the temples of syrinx
All the gifts of life
Are held within our walls" 2112 By Rush!!
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Mon May 9th, 2011 02:11 pm
  PM Quote Reply
144th Post
beejmi
The Big Kahuna


Joined: Sat Oct 13th, 2007
Location: Philly
Posts: 41714
Status: 
Offline
Love "the chart" (thanks for posting that actually) ~ I'm amused that teams will tell you that it takes a couple YEARS to grade whether a certain draft was successful and we have writers assigning grades a couple DAYS after it happens.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Current time is 01:21 pm Page:  First Page Previous Page  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10     
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Sports Talk > 2011 NFL Draft -- LIVE "IN GAME" Thread Top




UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems