WowBB Forums Home 

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi  
AuthorPost
clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
Beej can post the point spreads later.

Week 16 Schedule

Doubleheader on Fox

Thursday Night Football
Texans at Colts - 8:20 - NFL Network (Brad Nessler and Mike Mayock)

Note, all regional games will be on Saturday, instead of Sunday.

CBS
1:00 pm:
Broncos at Bills (Jim Nantz and Phil Simms)
Dolphins at Patriots (Ian Eagle and Dan Fouts)
Browns at Ravens (Spero Dedes and Rich Gannon)
Raiders at Chiefs (Kevin Harlan and Solomon Wilcots)
Jaguars at Titans (Bill Macatee and Steve Tasker)

4:05 pm:
Chargers at Lions (Greg Gumbel and Dan Dierdorf)

Fox
1:00 pm:
Giants at Jets (Kenny Albert, Daryl Johnston and Tony Siragusa)
Rams at Steelers (Dick Stockton and John Lynch)
Cardinals at Bengals (Thom Brennaman and Brian Billick)
Vikings at Redskins (Chris Myers and Tim Ryan)
Buccaneers at Panthers (Sam Rosen and Chad Pennington)

4:15 pm:
Eagles at Cowboys (Joe Buck and Troy Aikman)
49ers at Seahawks (Ron Pitts and Charles Davis)


Sunday Night Football on NBC
Bears at Packers - 8:20 pm (Al Michaels and Cris Collinsworth)

ESPN Monday Night Football
Falcons at Saints - 8:30 pm (Mike Tirico, Ron Jaworski and Jon Gruden)

beejmi
The Big Kahuna


Joined: Sat Oct 13th, 2007
Location: Philly
Posts: 41572
Status: 
Offline
Thanks for putting this up Claw. Should have done earlier as we have Thursday night football and the games (except two) are on SATURDAY this week.

Thursday night has Houston at Indy. Well. Indy is BAD but are they STUPID also? A win here would really screw things up for them.

On to Saturday and I know inn the early games the Jets vs Giants matchup is not just a "Battle Of New York" but one team's season will take a turn for the worst here. Philly at Dallas could be huge (if the Jets win Philly is still alive) or an ass-kicking (Dallas needs game, Philly with nothing to play for)

The Chargers season is on the line at Detroit. Can Denver hold on to the AFC West lead? They have an early game at Buffalo. Monday night is Atlanta at New Orleans.


Houston (6) at Indy
Oakland at Kansas City (2.5)
Denver (3) at Buffalo
Jacksonville at Tennesee (7.5)
Arizona at Cincy (4.5)
Miami at New England (9.5)
Cleveland at Baltimore (13)
NY Giants at NY Jets (3)
Minnesota at Washington (6.5)
Carolina at Tampa Bay (7.5)
St Louis at Pittsburgh (16)
San Diego at Detroit (2.5)
San Francisco (2.5) at Seattle
Philly at Dallas (3)
Chicago at Green Bay (13)
Atlanta at New Orleans (6.5)

Principal_Raditch



Joined: Mon Feb 18th, 2008
Location:  
Posts: 6857
Status: 
Offline
Right now the AFC west is a mess.

If Denver wins vs Buffalo, they win the division. If they lose, then they need to beat KC their last game.

SD needs to win both of their games and have Denver lose at least one of theirs.

Oakland needs to win both of their games vs KC and SD and have Denver lose at least one.

KC could theoretically win the division if they beat Oakland and Denver, and Denver loses to Buffalo this weekend.

HBF



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Atlanta, Georgia USA
Posts: 17866
Status: 
Offline
The Giants/Jets game is one that has a lot of meaning for two teams that are undeserving so far of a playoff spot. I'm wishful that the GMen go on a 2007 run, but they lack the leadership.
The Jets are just overrated period.

lobo316



Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Raptorville
Posts: 43488
Status: 
Offline
Houston by 6 over Indy sounds about right. No need for the Texans to
overexert themselves.

mike3775



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Indiana USA
Posts: 17634
Status: 
Offline
If Indy had not won last week, I could see Indy winning, but no way will they risk losing the Luck lotto

beejmi
The Big Kahuna


Joined: Sat Oct 13th, 2007
Location: Philly
Posts: 41572
Status: 
Offline
There's absolutely NO REASON for the Colts to show up and play hard for this.

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
If Philly beats Dallas and The Jets beat the Giants, that would make week 17 mighty interesting. You see The Dream Team still has a chance to win their division. 

thunderbolt
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Manhattan Beach, California USA
Posts: 6205
Status: 
Offline
Principal_Raditch wrote: Right now the AFC west is a mess.

If Denver wins vs Buffalo, they win the division. If they lose, then they need to beat KC their last game.

SD needs to win both of their games and have Denver lose at least one of theirs.

Oakland needs to win both of their games vs KC and SD and have Denver lose at least one.

KC could theoretically win the division if they beat Oakland and Denver, and Denver loses to Buffalo this weekend.

Hope springs eternal, even though a miracle finish (by San Diego standards) might mean Norv keeps his job.   Good news, bad news....

mike3775



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Indiana USA
Posts: 17634
Status: 
Offline
thunderbolt wrote: Principal_Raditch wrote: Right now the AFC west is a mess.

If Denver wins vs Buffalo, they win the division. If they lose, then they need to beat KC their last game.

SD needs to win both of their games and have Denver lose at least one of theirs.

Oakland needs to win both of their games vs KC and SD and have Denver lose at least one.

KC could theoretically win the division if they beat Oakland and Denver, and Denver loses to Buffalo this weekend.

Hope springs eternal, even though a miracle finish (by San Diego standards) might mean Norv keeps his job.   Good news, bad news....
I would think San Dog would want to avoid that at all costs

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
Boldin to have knee surgery, miss 2 games

2 hours, 31 minutes ago

OWINGS MILLS, Md. (AP)—Baltimore Ravens wide receiver Anquan Boldin is having surgery on his knee Thursday to deal with slightly torn cartilage.

Coach John Harbaugh said the veteran wideout will miss the final two weeks of the regular season and be able to return for the playoffs. The Ravens will not reveal which knee is injured.

Lee Evans is slated to start with Boldin sidelined.

Dr. James Andrews is performing the procedure in Birmingham, Ala.

The 31-year-old Boldin has 57 receptions for 887 yards and three touchdowns this year.

“He’s got a slight tear in his meniscus. It flapped up on him, I think it was Tuesday night after the walkthrough,” coach John Harbaugh said. “He’s going to have to get it repaired. It’s two weeks and he’ll be back for the playoffs, whatever round we happen to play in. It will be a little bit tighter if we have to play in the first round.”

Harbaugh said former Pro Bowl placekicker Shayne Graham will kick in place of Billy Cundiff on Saturday against the Cleveland Browns.

Cundiff has been struggling with a left calf injury and has missed three of his five field goal attempts in December.

“We anticipate Shayne being the kicker this week,” Harbaugh said. “Billy’s dealing with his calf and Shayne’s been practicing. Even if Billy was ready to go, and I still think he’s nursing that thing back and he’s not 100 percent, Shayne got the week of practice in, so we’ll go with Shayne.”

stingmark



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Cop City, California USA
Posts: 9390
Status: 
Offline
My Lions will hopefully be jacked & beat the Bolts, as if they do beat them, theyre in the playoffs.:D

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
Indy QB fumbles. Texans recover.

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
TD Arian Foster.

Texans 7 Indy 0

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
TJ Yates fumbles. Colts recover.

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
Colts can't do shit. They have to punt.

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
Colts driving.

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
Colts FG.

Texans 7 Colts 3

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
FG Texans.

Texans 10 Colts 3

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
FG Colts.

Texans 10 Colts 6

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
10-6 at two minute warning. Texans have to punt.

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
Colts miss FG.

10-6 Texans at half.

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
Texans driving.

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
FG Texans.

Texans 13 Colts 6

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
FG Colts.

Texans 13 Colts 9.

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
Colts driving.

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
FG Colts.

Texans 13 Colts 12.

sek69



Joined: Fri Dec 21st, 2007
Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Posts: 5509
Status: 
Offline
Just to show I'm not a homer who only complains when it happens to his team, that "helmet to helmet" flag on the Colts was horseshit. The QB went low and the defensive player had no way to avoid contact with the helmet.

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
FG Texans.

Texans 16 Colts 12

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
sek69 wrote: Just to show I'm not a homer who only complains when it happens to his team, that "helmet to helmet" flag on the Colts was horseshit. The QB went low and the defensive player had no way to avoid contact with the helmet.

I agree it was a shitty call.

sek69



Joined: Fri Dec 21st, 2007
Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Posts: 5509
Status: 
Offline
Good Lord, it's like the NFL is trying to piss off everyone who likes football with these calls.

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
TD Colts!!!

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
Colts 19 Texans 16

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
The referees decided this game.

sek69



Joined: Fri Dec 21st, 2007
Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Posts: 5509
Status: 
Offline
clawmaster wrote: The referees decided this game.


Absolutely. Looks like the NFL doesn't want Luck to go to the Colts and have an ugly scene with Peyton having a public hissy fit.

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
Colts win!!

beejmi
The Big Kahuna


Joined: Sat Oct 13th, 2007
Location: Philly
Posts: 41572
Status: 
Offline
What the hell were the Colts thinking?

tofu_chipmunk



Joined: Wed Aug 5th, 2009
Location: Suburban Fatlanta, Georgia USA
Posts: 6706
Status: 
Offline
clawmaster wrote: The referees decided this game.

Agreed.  They should have done a better job of covering Reggie Wayne.

Benlen



Joined: Sun Oct 21st, 2007
Location: Milpitas, California USA
Posts: 13280
Status: 
Offline
beejmi wrote:
What the hell were the Colts thinking?

They want RG3 instead of Luck.:D

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
tofu_chipmunk wrote: clawmaster wrote: The referees decided this game.

Agreed.  They should have done a better job of covering Reggie Wayne.

Good point.

tofu_chipmunk



Joined: Wed Aug 5th, 2009
Location: Suburban Fatlanta, Georgia USA
Posts: 6706
Status: 
Offline
Benlen wrote: beejmi wrote:
What the hell were the Colts thinking?

They want RG3 instead of Luck.:D

Caponomics, baby!

HBF



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Atlanta, Georgia USA
Posts: 17866
Status: 
Offline
Santonio Holmes, who sucks balls, is talking shit about torching the Giants and Corey Webster.
The Giants plan on matching Webster up with Plax, the only receiver they fear.
Holmes is another Jets douchebag. He and Rolle (resident Giants douche)should go jerk each other off.

mike3775



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Indiana USA
Posts: 17634
Status: 
Offline
I can't believe the Colts suddenly want to win 

Now they may have taken themselves out of the top pick because I can't see them losing next weel

lobo316



Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Raptorville
Posts: 43488
Status: 
Offline
Ben Roethlisberger will be resting his sprained ankle through the weekend as the Steelers named Charlie Batch their starting quarterback for Saturday's game against the St. Louis Rams, the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review is reporting.

Roethlisberger was nursing a high right ankle sprain when he passed for 330 yards in a 20-3 loss to San Francisco on Monday night., but also turned over the ball four times.

He said Wednesday that he came out of the game better than he anticipated, but offensive coordinator Bruce Arians said the long cross-country plane trip back home aggravated swelling in the ankle.

lobo316



Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Raptorville
Posts: 43488
Status: 
Offline
mike3775 wrote: I can't believe the Colts suddenly want to win 

Now they may have taken themselves out of the top pick because I can't see them losing next weel


If they suck for Luck next week, they'll get the #1 pick.

 

The suddenly surging Indianapolis Colts are guaranteed to have the No. 1 overall draft pick should they lose their final game of the season.Based on needs and the current Big Board prospect rankings, what kind of decisions would teams be facing in the draft started today? Mel Kiper breaks it down a day after Matt Barkley said he's staying at USC. Story



The Colts started 0-13 but their second straight win was a stunner, 19-16 over the AFC South champion Houston Texans on Thursday.

Still, if Indianapolis loses at Jacksonville on Jan. 1, they would finish with at least a share of the league's worst record at 2-14 and have the top pick in the draft by virtue of strength-of-schedule tiebreaker.

Both St. Louis and Minnesota are 2-12 heading into Saturday's games, but the Colts' .547 strength-of-schedule percentage is going to only worsen after playing the 4-10 Jaguars. The Rams' percentage is .587 and the Vikings' .587.

If the Colts beat Jacksonville and the Rams and Vikings lose their last two, the Colts would not get the top pick. If the Colts beat the Jags and St. Louis and Minnesota also finish 3-13, the No. 1 pick would go to the Colts.

Minnesota has games left at Washington (5-9) and at home against Chicago (7-7), and St. Louis finishes at Pittsburgh (10-4) and at home against San Francisco (11-3).

stingmark



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Cop City, California USA
Posts: 9390
Status: 
Offline
They were laughing on local radio here, saying the Colts are so dumb, theyll probably win their last 2 games, so they dont have to draft Luck, and theyll bring back Manning & all will be right. Said that Luck is a franchise type qb, and the Colts will pretty much gift wrap him to someone else. Then, in about 2-3 yrs, when the COLTS will need a qb, will be bitching about it. It was funny stuff.

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
Bears don't play until Sunday night so today I will watch multiple games on NFL Sunday Ticket. Giants vs Jets looks like the best of the early games. The three late games are all pretty good. San Diego vs Detroit, Philly vs Dallas and San Francisco vs Seattle.

lobo316



Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Raptorville
Posts: 43488
Status: 
Offline
Oakland at Kansas City (2.5)
Denver (3) at Buffalo
Jacksonville at Tennesee (7.5)
Arizona at Cincy (4.5)
Miami at New England (9.5)
Cleveland at Baltimore (13)
NY Giants at NY Jets (3)
Minnesota at Washington (6.5)
Carolina at Tampa Bay (7.5)
St Louis at Pittsburgh (16)
San Diego at Detroit (2.5)
San Francisco (2.5) at Seattle
Philly at Dallas (3)
Chicago at Green Bay (13)
Atlanta at New Orleans (6.5)

 

Going with the favorites except for Carolina at Tampa Bay (7.5) &
Oakland at Kansas City (2.5)

I think Carolina will win by 10 & Oakland will win by 5.

The following games which I think the favorites will win but don't cover.

Miami at New England (9.5)..........Pats by only 3
St Louis at Pittsburgh (16)............Pitts by only 8
Chicago at Green Bay (13)............GB by only 5










 

Benlen



Joined: Sun Oct 21st, 2007
Location: Milpitas, California USA
Posts: 13280
Status: 
Offline
clawmaster wrote:
Bears don't play until Sunday night so today I will watch multiple games on NFL Sunday Ticket. Giants vs Jets looks like the best of the early games. The three late games are all pretty good. San Diego vs Detroit, Philly vs Dallas and San Francisco vs Seattle.

Niners ,with Alex Smith ALWAYS play shitty in Seattle. Even shittier than normal. This is really gonna be a tough game for them.

BayouBoogie



Joined: Wed Oct 17th, 2007
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana USA
Posts: 6864
Status: 
Offline
mike3775 wrote:
I can't believe the Colts suddenly want to win 

Now they may have taken themselves out of the top pick because I can't see them losing next weel


They are still the front runner for the top pick as they only have one game left and hold all the tie-breakers. Only way they lose top pick is if they win next week and have either Vikes or Rams lose the last 2 in a row.

mike3775



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Indiana USA
Posts: 17634
Status: 
Offline
BayouBoogie wrote: mike3775 wrote:
I can't believe the Colts suddenly want to win 

Now they may have taken themselves out of the top pick because I can't see them losing next weel


They are still the front runner for the top pick as they only have one game left and hold all the tie-breakers. Only way they lose top pick is if they win next week and have either Vikes or Rams lose the last 2 in a row.
sadly the last line is very possible, considering Jacksonville is Indy's opponent and I doubt Minn will beat Washington(it is possible if bad Rex shows up though), and I don't see the Rams beating Pittsburgh(even without Ben starting) this week.  But I can see Chicago beating Minn in week 17(but with Minn the way they have played, I cant see em winning even with Haney at QB), but don't see the Rams beating the 49ers considering they may still be in the hunt for the #2 seed unless NO loses

khawk
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 15726
Status: 
Offline
mike3775 wrote: I can't believe the Colts suddenly want to win 

Now they may have taken themselves out of the top pick because I can't see them losing next weel


Maybe the controversy has made them shy away from wanting to have to make the Luck decision. If they don't have the top pick, it takes the choice out of their hands.

 

lobo316



Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Raptorville
Posts: 43488
Status: 
Offline
7-0 Tebow over the Bills 1st Q on a Tim Tebow 1 Yard Run.
You didn't expect him to pass it did you ?

lobo316



Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Raptorville
Posts: 43488
Status: 
Offline
Dave Rayner kicks a 28 Yard Field Goal .
7-3 for Denver in 2nd Q

lobo316



Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Raptorville
Posts: 43488
Status: 
Offline
10-7 Bills on a Leodis Mckelvin 80 Yard Punt Return.

Married Jo



Joined: Fri Dec 21st, 2007
Location: Hickory NC
Posts: 6760
Status: 
Offline
Carolina up 17-10 over Tampa Bay and fixing to score again. Newton threw a 91 yard TD pass earlier, longest in Panthers history. This year he's set the record for most rushing TD's by a QB EVER, most yards passing by a rookie QB, broke that record earlier today, previously held by Manning, and he's also set several Panthers records, one being that TD pass today. He has to be a lock for rookie of the year, don't see how anyone else can claim it..

lobo316



Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Raptorville
Posts: 43488
Status: 
Offline
lobo316 wrote: 10-7 Bills on a Leodis Mckelvin 80 Yard Punt Return.

 

17-7 Bills on a C.J. Spiller 4 Yard Run, 2nd Q

lobo316



Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Raptorville
Posts: 43488
Status: 
Offline
some half time scores

Cincy 20-0 over Zona
Tenn 17-10 over Jacks
Miami 17 -0 over Pats
Pitts 10-0 over St. Loo
Balt 17-0 over Cleveland
Skins & Minny in a 10-10 tie



lobo316



Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Raptorville
Posts: 43488
Status: 
Offline
at the half,

Oak & KC in a 3-3 snoozefest

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
Adrian Peterson just got carted off the field in the Redskins/Vikings game.

lobo316



Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Raptorville
Posts: 43488
Status: 
Offline
lobo316 wrote: lobo316 wrote: 10-7 Bills on a Leodis Mckelvin 80 Yard Punt Return.

 

17-7 Bills on a C.J. Spiller 4 Yard Run, 2nd Q


now 17-14 in the 3rd Q.
Tebow threw a  17 Yard Pass to Daniel Fells .

Tebow has run for a TD & passed for a TD.

Last edited on Sat Dec 24th, 2011 07:50 pm by lobo316

lobo316



Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Raptorville
Posts: 43488
Status: 
Offline
lobo316 wrote: lobo316 wrote: lobo316 wrote: 10-7 Bills on a Leodis Mckelvin 80 Yard Punt Return.

 

17-7 Bills on a C.J. Spiller 4 Yard Run, 2nd Q


now 17-14 in the 3rd Q.
Tebow threw a  17 Yard Pass to Daniel Fells .

Tebow has run for a TD & passed for a TD.


 

20-14 Bills on a Dave Rayner 25 Yard Field Goal

brodiescomics



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 3322
Status: 
Offline
AP's knee just got destroyed.

stone2k



Joined: Mon Nov 29th, 2010
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts USA
Posts: 8946
Status: 
Offline
clawmaster wrote: Adrian Peterson just got carted off the field in the Redskins/Vikings game.

They showed the replay during the  Pats/Fins game... it doesn't look good for his knee IMO.

brodiescomics



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 3322
Status: 
Offline
There is a very loud "Tebow Sucks" chant going on at the Bills/Broncos game. The first time I heard it was when the Bills had 2 injured players on the ground. Real classy Bill's fan.

stone2k



Joined: Mon Nov 29th, 2010
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts USA
Posts: 8946
Status: 
Offline
Brady sneaks into the endzone and ties it up against the Dolphins at 17

lobo316



Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Raptorville
Posts: 43488
Status: 
Offline
lobo316 wrote: lobo316 wrote: lobo316 wrote: lobo316 wrote: 10-7 Bills on a Leodis Mckelvin 80 Yard Punt Return.

 

17-7 Bills on a C.J. Spiller 4 Yard Run, 2nd Q


now 17-14 in the 3rd Q.
Tebow threw a  17 Yard Pass to Daniel Fells .

Tebow has run for a TD & passed for a TD.


 

20-14 Bills on a Dave Rayner 25 Yard Field Goal


 

26-14 Bills 4th Q on 2 more Rayner FG's.

lobo316



Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Raptorville
Posts: 43488
Status: 
Offline
lobo316 wrote: lobo316 wrote: lobo316 wrote: lobo316 wrote: lobo316 wrote: 10-7 Bills on a Leodis Mckelvin 80 Yard Punt Return.

 

17-7 Bills on a C.J. Spiller 4 Yard Run, 2nd Q


now 17-14 in the 3rd Q.
Tebow threw a  17 Yard Pass to Daniel Fells .

Tebow has run for a TD & passed for a TD.


 

20-14 Bills on a Dave Rayner 25 Yard Field Goal


 

26-14 Bills 4th Q on 2 more Rayner FG's.


 

33-14 Bills on a Jairus Byrd 37 Yard Interception.

lobo316



Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Raptorville
Posts: 43488
Status: 
Offline
lobo316 wrote: lobo316 wrote: lobo316 wrote: lobo316 wrote: lobo316 wrote: lobo316 wrote: 10-7 Bills on a Leodis Mckelvin 80 Yard Punt Return.

 

17-7 Bills on a C.J. Spiller 4 Yard Run, 2nd Q


now 17-14 in the 3rd Q.
Tebow threw a  17 Yard Pass to Daniel Fells .

Tebow has run for a TD & passed for a TD.


 

20-14 Bills on a Dave Rayner 25 Yard Field Goal


 

26-14 Bills 4th Q on 2 more Rayner FG's.


 

33-14 Bills on a Jairus Byrd 37 Yard Interception.



 

 

40-14 Bills on a Spencer Johnson 16 Yard Interception

 

 


Last edited on Sat Dec 24th, 2011 08:53 pm by lobo316

LAF



Joined: Sat Oct 13th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 4596
Status: 
Offline
There's nothing like Tebow getting embarassed by one of the worst teams in the league in a half-empty stadium

Married Jo



Joined: Fri Dec 21st, 2007
Location: Hickory NC
Posts: 6760
Status: 
Offline
Tebow is finally a real NFL QB, he had a bad throwing day...

stone2k



Joined: Mon Nov 29th, 2010
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts USA
Posts: 8946
Status: 
Offline
Brady sneaks in another TD to make it 27-17

stone2k



Joined: Mon Nov 29th, 2010
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts USA
Posts: 8946
Status: 
Offline
Dolphins get a TD to make it 27-24  with under 2 to play

lobo316



Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Raptorville
Posts: 43488
Status: 
Offline
Tebow.4 interceptions, 3 sacks.
13/30 for 185 yds passing

stone2k



Joined: Mon Nov 29th, 2010
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts USA
Posts: 8946
Status: 
Offline
Patriots hold on for the win!

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
Raiders beat The Chiefs in OT 16-13.

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
Vikings beat Skins 33-26

Joe Webb replaced an injured Christian Ponder at QB and scored twice.

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
Giants 29 Jets 14!!

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
Detroit 10 San Diego 0

Eagles 7 Cowboys 0

Seattle 7 San Francisco 0

carpetbeggar
The Ayatollah Of Rock And Rolla


Joined: Sun Oct 21st, 2007
Location: Dangling From A Rope Of...CONFETTI!!!
Posts: 11748
Status: 
Offline
Well, at least I have these guys to look forward to the next few months.


stingmark



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Cop City, California USA
Posts: 9390
Status: 
Offline
How about my Lions?

mike3775



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Indiana USA
Posts: 17634
Status: 
Offline
down to St. Louis and Indy for Luck now with the Minn win

stingmark



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Cop City, California USA
Posts: 9390
Status: 
Offline
mike3775 wrote:
down to St. Louis and Indy for Luck now with the Minn win


Rams dont need him, they have Bradford. Good trade bait though

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
stingmark wrote: How about my Lions?
They kicked ass today. Good luck in the playoffs.

BayouBoogie



Joined: Wed Oct 17th, 2007
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana USA
Posts: 6864
Status: 
Offline
mike3775 wrote:
down to St. Louis and Indy for Luck now with the Minn win


No way do the Rams take Luck. But like Stingmark said, they could use it as trade bait.

stingmark



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Cop City, California USA
Posts: 9390
Status: 
Offline
clawmaster wrote: stingmark wrote: How about my Lions?
They kicked ass today. Good luck in the playoffs.

Thank you......

stingmark



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Cop City, California USA
Posts: 9390
Status: 
Offline
BayouBoogie wrote: mike3775 wrote:
down to St. Louis and Indy for Luck now with the Minn win


No way do the Rams take Luck. But like Stingmark said, they could use it as trade bait.


Yep...there's about 4-5 teams that could trade up  to get him, as they need qb's.

 

Minny/AZ/Colts(should they not win it outright)/Seattle

Benlen



Joined: Sun Oct 21st, 2007
Location: Milpitas, California USA
Posts: 13280
Status: 
Offline
stingmark wrote:
clawmaster wrote: stingmark wrote: How about my Lions?
They kicked ass today. Good luck in the playoffs.

Thank you......

I think The Lions have to paly the Saints in the first round???

mike3775



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Indiana USA
Posts: 17634
Status: 
Offline
I give congrats to Detroit, just think what they could have done if they had actually fired that fucking assclown former GM(I hate saying his name) sooner than they did.


mike3775



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Indiana USA
Posts: 17634
Status: 
Offline
Karma is a bitch aint it AP?  Last week you whined because you were not given the ball enough, and sure enough, this week you were given the ball and may have just suffered an injury that Jay Glazer stated may cost you the entire next season. 

CanadianHorseman



Joined: Fri Nov 2nd, 2007
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia Canada
Posts: 14026
Status: 
Offline
carpetbeggar wrote: Well, at least I have these guys to look forward to the next few months.



....only until January 21st when they play these guys again.


Chrisstlouis

 

Joined: Thu Jun 11th, 2009
Location:  
Posts: 2397
Status: 
Offline
mike3775 wrote: down to St. Louis and Indy for Luck now with the Minn win

Pretty sure Indy can win next week



 

Joined: 
Location:  
Posts: 
Status: 
Offline
So the Giants win "The Strife at MetLife", and then Brandon Jacobs calls Rex Ryan a big mouthed big bellied disrespectful bastard ON CAMERA.

Merry Christmas lol

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:7386759

Road Warrior Yajuta



Joined: Sat Jul 3rd, 2010
Location: D'Iberville, Ms, USA
Posts: 4798
Status: 
Offline
stingmark wrote: How about my Lions?Congrats man, this has got to be a sweet season for the diehards that stuck by the Lions. 

Last edited on Sun Dec 25th, 2011 06:05 am by Road Warrior Yajuta

stone2k



Joined: Mon Nov 29th, 2010
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts USA
Posts: 8946
Status: 
Offline
nyhack56 wrote: So the Giants win "The Strife at MetLife", and then Brandon Jacobs calls Rex Ryan a big mouthed big bellied disrespectful bastard ON CAMERA.

Merry Christmas lol

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:7386759

During the Fox pregame show, Bradshaw said he was rooting for the Giants and called Ryan something like "Big mouthed fat guy" as well.

I can't stand Ryan at all, but I don't recall this much of  backlash against one coach recently over the airwaves that wasn't said by the fans

Last edited on Sun Dec 25th, 2011 01:25 pm by stone2k

stingmark



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Cop City, California USA
Posts: 9390
Status: 
Offline
Road Warrior Yajuta wrote:
stingmark wrote: How about my Lions?Congrats man, this has got to be a sweet season for the diehards that stuck by the Lions. 


Thanks man, theyve come a LONG way in 3 yrs. Its definitely nice to see

Benlen



Joined: Sun Oct 21st, 2007
Location: Milpitas, California USA
Posts: 13280
Status: 
Offline
stone2k wrote:
nyhack56 wrote: So the Giants win "The Strife at MetLife", and then Brandon Jacobs calls Rex Ryan a big mouthed big bellied disrespectful bastard ON CAMERA.

Merry Christmas lol

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:7386759

During the Fox pregame show, Bradshaw said he was rooting for the Giants and called Ryan something like "Big mouthed fat guy" as well.

I can't stand Ryan at all, but I don't recall this much of  backlash against one coach recently over the airwaves that wasn't said by the fans


Whats wrong with Smack Talk? Makes the game more interesting.

lobo316



Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Raptorville
Posts: 43488
Status: 
Offline
7-0 Packers on a 2 Yard Pass to Jermichael Finley

Last edited on Mon Dec 26th, 2011 01:38 am by lobo316

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
Missed FG by Robbie Gould.

lobo316



Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Raptorville
Posts: 43488
Status: 
Offline
lobo316 wrote: 7-0 Packers on a 2 Yard Pass to Jermichael Finley

 

7-3 as Robbie Gould kicks a 35 Yard Field Goal

lobo316



Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Raptorville
Posts: 43488
Status: 
Offline
lobo316 wrote: lobo316 wrote: 7-0 Packers on a 2 Yard Pass to Jermichael Finley

 

7-3 as Robbie Gould kicks a 35 Yard Field Goal

14-3 on a 2 Yard Pass to James Jones

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
Da Bears showing heart!!

lobo316



Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Raptorville
Posts: 43488
Status: 
Offline
lobo316 wrote: lobo316 wrote: lobo316 wrote: 7-0 Packers on a 2 Yard Pass to Jermichael Finley

 

7-3 as Robbie Gould kicks a 35 Yard Field Goal

14-3 on a 2 Yard Pass to James Jones

14-10 Pack on  Edwin Williams'  Fumble Recovery

Last edited on Mon Dec 26th, 2011 03:10 am by lobo316

lobo316



Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Raptorville
Posts: 43488
Status: 
Offline
lobo316 wrote: lobo316 wrote: lobo316 wrote: lobo316 wrote: 7-0 Packers on a 2 Yard Pass to Jermichael Finley

 

7-3 as Robbie Gould kicks a 35 Yard Field Goal

14-3 on a 2 Yard Pass to James Jones

14-10 Pack on  Edwin Williams'  Fumble Recovery

21-10 Pack on a 55 Yard Pass to Jordy Nelson

lobo316



Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Raptorville
Posts: 43488
Status: 
Offline
lobo316 wrote: lobo316 wrote: lobo316 wrote: lobo316 wrote: lobo316 wrote: 7-0 Packers on a 2 Yard Pass to Jermichael Finley

 

7-3 as Robbie Gould kicks a 35 Yard Field Goal

14-3 on a 2 Yard Pass to James Jones

14-10 Pack on  Edwin Williams'  Fumble Recovery

21-10 Pack on a 55 Yard Pass to Jordy Nelson

 

 

28-10 Pack on a 7 Yard Pass to James Jones in 3rd Q


lobo316



Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Raptorville
Posts: 43488
Status: 
Offline
lobo316 wrote: lobo316 wrote: lobo316 wrote: lobo316 wrote: lobo316 wrote: lobo316 wrote: 7-0 Packers on a 2 Yard Pass to Jermichael Finley

 

7-3 as Robbie Gould kicks a 35 Yard Field Goal

14-3 on a 2 Yard Pass to James Jones

14-10 Pack on  Edwin Williams'  Fumble Recovery

21-10 Pack on a 55 Yard Pass to Jordy Nelson

 

 

28-10 Pack on a 7 Yard Pass to James Jones in 3rd Q



35-10 Pack in 4th Q on a 2 Yard Pass  to Jordy Nelson
Que up Rita MacNeil

lobo316



Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Raptorville
Posts: 43488
Status: 
Offline
lobo316 wrote: lobo316 wrote: lobo316 wrote: lobo316 wrote: lobo316 wrote: lobo316 wrote: lobo316 wrote: 7-0 Packers on a 2 Yard Pass to Jermichael Finley

 

7-3 as Robbie Gould kicks a 35 Yard Field Goal

14-3 on a 2 Yard Pass to James Jones

14-10 Pack on  Edwin Williams'  Fumble Recovery

21-10 Pack on a 55 Yard Pass to Jordy Nelson

 

 

28-10 Pack on a 7 Yard Pass to James Jones in 3rd Q



35-10 Pack in 4th Q on a 2 Yard Pass  to Jordy Nelson
Que up Rita MacNeil


 

35-18 on a 1 Yard Pass to Kellen Davis & a 2 pt conversion

lobo316



Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Raptorville
Posts: 43488
Status: 
Offline
lobo316 wrote: lobo316 wrote: lobo316 wrote: lobo316 wrote: lobo316 wrote: lobo316 wrote: lobo316 wrote: 7-0 Packers on a 2 Yard Pass to Jermichael Finley

 

7-3 as Robbie Gould kicks a 35 Yard Field Goal

14-3 on a 2 Yard Pass to James Jones

14-10 Pack on  Edwin Williams'  Fumble Recovery

21-10 Pack on a 55 Yard Pass to Jordy Nelson

 

 

28-10 Pack on a 7 Yard Pass to James Jones in 3rd Q



35-10 Pack in 4th Q on a 2 Yard Pass  to Jordy Nelson
Que up Rita MacNeil


 

35-21 on a Robbie Gould 30 Yard Field Goal

Last edited on Mon Dec 26th, 2011 04:22 am by lobo316

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
That Aaron Rodgers guy is pretty good. :tongue:

stingmark



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Cop City, California USA
Posts: 9390
Status: 
Offline
clawmaster wrote:
That Aaron Rodgers guy is pretty good. :tongue:


Nah, he sucks.:tongue:

stone2k



Joined: Mon Nov 29th, 2010
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts USA
Posts: 8946
Status: 
Offline
Benlen wrote: stone2k wrote:
nyhack56 wrote: So the Giants win "The Strife at MetLife", and then Brandon Jacobs calls Rex Ryan a big mouthed big bellied disrespectful bastard ON CAMERA.

Merry Christmas lol

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:7386759

During the Fox pregame show, Bradshaw said he was rooting for the Giants and called Ryan something like "Big mouthed fat guy" as well.

I can't stand Ryan at all, but I don't recall this much of  backlash against one coach recently over the airwaves that wasn't said by the fans


Whats wrong with Smack Talk? Makes the game more interesting.

Rex Ryan talks smack like he has won multiple Super Bowls, but he hasn't won squat.
I get he talks trash... I just believe if you say it, you should be able to back up your words, which he can't.

My main point is I just can't recall this much venom directed back towards a coach is all... Then again, there really haven't been many opinionated coaches in the NFL lately who talk as much as he does... it's usually the players who talk too much.

mike3775



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Indiana USA
Posts: 17634
Status: 
Offline
Nothing beats Christmas like a game at Lambeau Field watching the Bears get eliminated officially from the playoffs

I don't know why, but watching a football game at Lambeau to me, is the best way to enjoy football, no matter what the temperature is(last night it was mid 30's), there is just something that doesn't exist elsewhere there.

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
Tonight The Saints vs The Falcons.

mike3775



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Indiana USA
Posts: 17634
Status: 
Offline
clawmaster wrote: Tonight The Saints vs The Falcons.
Tonight we see Marino's record go down.

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
Saints 31 Atlanta 16 early in the 4th quarter

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
38-16 Saints on a fumble return TD.

katook



Joined: Tue Sep 21st, 2010
Location: In A Trailerpark Filled With Rednecks, North Carolina USA
Posts: 3372
Status: 
Offline
Brees just broke the record!!  With a TD pass no less. Oh yeah,the Saints are winning,big time.

Last edited on Tue Dec 27th, 2011 04:39 am by katook

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
Brees just broke Marino's record for passing yards in one season.

Saints 45 Falcons 16

Road Warrior Yajuta



Joined: Sat Jul 3rd, 2010
Location: D'Iberville, Ms, USA
Posts: 4798
Status: 
Offline
If anyone had to break Marino's record I am glad it was Drew. 

mike3775



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Indiana USA
Posts: 17634
Status: 
Offline
Road Warrior Yajuta wrote: If anyone had to break Marino's record I am glad it was Drew. 
What was simply more amazing about the fact he broke it, is the fact he has 1 more game to play, and can put it further out of reach next week if he so chooses.

katook



Joined: Tue Sep 21st, 2010
Location: In A Trailerpark Filled With Rednecks, North Carolina USA
Posts: 3372
Status: 
Offline
Sadly,with todays version of football,as policed by Roger no contact alowed Goodell one expect records that have stood for decades to fall allmost every single year.

Defenses are not allowed to play defense anymore in Goodys league.

DaNkinator



Joined: Tue Oct 23rd, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 6116
Status: 
Offline
So true.

mike3775



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Indiana USA
Posts: 17634
Status: 
Offline
I don't think anyone is gonna break the record after this year for awhile, because passing teams do not tend to do very well.

They were discussing this on the NFL Network last night in fact, and pointed out how Marino set it in his second season, and never passed again for 5000 yds again in his entire career.  They never got back to the Superbowl either, because Miami never really developed a run game to counter Marino's passing skills.

If Carolina were to get a decent run game going(not involving the QB) to offset Newtons pass game, Carolina will be a threat for years to come.  New England was the best when Brady was not 80%+ of the offense.  Indianapolis won its only superbowl on the run game along with Peyton.  Brees won the Superbowl with a decent run game as well.  Green Bay last year won with a decent run game, along with Rodgers. 

A totally pass reliant team will not do very well in the NFL for very long, because the pass routes will be figured out(like what New Orleans did with Indianapolis) and teams will jump on routes easier.

I have a feeling Brees record will stand for at least a decade before its broken again, and it will be a fluke season much like this one where it will happen again, because usually when teams are pass happy, they are usually behind for most of the game, or they simply do not have a decent run game established

DaNkinator



Joined: Tue Oct 23rd, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 6116
Status: 
Offline
Umm, it's possible that Brees record may not even last past next week.

Benlen



Joined: Sun Oct 21st, 2007
Location: Milpitas, California USA
Posts: 13280
Status: 
Offline
DaNkinator wrote:
Umm, it's possible that Brees record may not even last past next week.

Brees is gonna have to play next week to keep the record. Brady is not too far behind and may pass him if Brees sits.

BayouBoogie



Joined: Wed Oct 17th, 2007
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana USA
Posts: 6864
Status: 
Offline
DaNkinator wrote:
Umm, it's possible that Brees record may not even last past next week.


Nah, he's going to play and keep his lead. They are still trying to beat out the Niners and Brady is 200 yards behind him.

Like they showed last night, there is a bigger gap between Brees avg yards per game this year than there was between Marino and the rest of the league avg when he set the record. Yeah, the records are being influenced by the rules, but Brees is still throwing that much better than the rest of the league (almost 100 yards per game over league average - his completion percentage is 2-3 points over Rodgers and way beyond everyone else as well).

So yeah, the passing stats are heavily influenced by rules changes, however Brees is still outperforming the rest of the league at a pretty high clip, and this is a season with several big time seasons and rookies throwing for 4,000 yards, etc.

Last edited on Tue Dec 27th, 2011 05:49 pm by BayouBoogie

mike3775



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Indiana USA
Posts: 17634
Status: 
Offline
Brees aint gonna sit.  They have a chance at the #2 seed like Bayou stated and the fact that Payton went for the record last night shows that the team will try to keep the record for him as well. 

I can see a shitload of short route passes for New Orleans and hoping for yards after the catch to pad his stats Sunday

stone2k



Joined: Mon Nov 29th, 2010
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts USA
Posts: 8946
Status: 
Offline
... and now all kinds of Bullshit is being said that the Saints and Brees were unsportsmanlike in "running up the numbers"

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-cole_saints_brees_record_dan_marino_falcons112711


-------------------------------------------------------------

Gimmie a freaking break... it's the defenses job to stop a team in the pros, not the offenses job to stop playing.

BayouBoogie



Joined: Wed Oct 17th, 2007
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana USA
Posts: 6864
Status: 
Offline
stone2k wrote:


-------------------------------------------------------------

Gimmie a freaking break... it's the defenses job to stop a team in the pros, not the offenses job to stop playing.


Amen. If I were a pro football player, I'd be embarrassed if my coaches or teammates whined about such crap. Even if they weren't going for a record, stop them if you don't want them to score. But as it is, they are trying to make history. Again, if you don't want history made at your expense, stop them. That's the name of the game.

mike3775



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Indiana USA
Posts: 17634
Status: 
Offline
this quote from the article sums it up the best

“No man, it’s our job to stop them,” said linebacker Sean Weatherspoon, who missed New Orleans running back Darren Sproles on the record-setting play. “I can’t say I’m upset by them running up the score or anything like that when I had a chance to make a play.”

stingmark



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Cop City, California USA
Posts: 9390
Status: 
Offline
BayouBoogie wrote:
stone2k wrote:


-------------------------------------------------------------

Gimmie a freaking break... it's the defenses job to stop a team in the pros, not the offenses job to stop playing.


Amen. If I were a pro football player, I'd be embarrassed if my coaches or teammates whined about such crap. Even if they weren't going for a record, stop them if you don't want them to score. But as it is, they are trying to make history. Again, if you don't want history made at your expense, stop them. That's the name of the game.


If it were Matt Ryan going for the record, doubt the Falcons would be whining. You're spot on btw.

Last edited on Tue Dec 27th, 2011 08:50 pm by stingmark

Benlen



Joined: Sun Oct 21st, 2007
Location: Milpitas, California USA
Posts: 13280
Status: 
Offline
Niners reportedly releasing Braylon Edwards.

He won't be missed but its kinda surprising since WR Josh Morgan has a broken leg, wr Ted Ginn a sprain ankle, wr Kyle Williams a concussion, and TE/WR Delanie Walker has a broken jaw.

Benlen



Joined: Sun Oct 21st, 2007
Location: Milpitas, California USA
Posts: 13280
Status: 
Offline
mike3775 wrote:
Road Warrior Yajuta wrote: If anyone had to break Marino's record I am glad it was Drew. 
What was simply more amazing about the fact he broke it, is the fact he has 1 more game to play, and can put it further out of reach next week if he so chooses.


Marino could say hhad less passing attempts and less completions than Brees.

Last edited on Wed Dec 28th, 2011 04:50 am by Benlen

Papa Voo



Joined: Thu Jan 17th, 2008
Location: Right Outside The Burgh, USA
Posts: 9688
Status: 
Offline
The NFL wants the game turned into a passing game, so it would not be surprising to see this record challenged frequently.  Look at the rules being created and enforced.  Less defense....more scoring.

mike3775



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Indiana USA
Posts: 17634
Status: 
Offline
Benlen wrote: mike3775 wrote:
Road Warrior Yajuta wrote: If anyone had to break Marino's record I am glad it was Drew. 
What was simply more amazing about the fact he broke it, is the fact he has 1 more game to play, and can put it further out of reach next week if he so chooses.


Marino could say hhad less passing attempts and less completions than Brees.
That is true, but Brees can also turn around and ask Marino how many 5000K seasons he had as well.

Chrisstlouis

 

Joined: Thu Jun 11th, 2009
Location:  
Posts: 2397
Status: 
Offline
Well since he less attempts whats the point

mike3775



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Indiana USA
Posts: 17634
Status: 
Offline
Chrisstlouis wrote: Well since he less attempts whats the pointThe point is, no one cares about the attempts.  It took Babe Ruth 8,399 AB's to hit 715 homeruns, do you hear people saying that he is till the HR king because it took Hank Aaron over 11,390 AB's to top Ruth?  No you don't.  People care about the numbers, not how they got to the number.

The same applies to the NFL record for most TD's thrown in a year.  The record is 50 set by Brady in 2007.  If someone comes along and breaks it, do you think the analysts are going to sit there and say "well Brady did it in this many pass attempts while so and so did it in more, so an * should be placed".  No you won't, they will simply erase Brady's name and insert the new name.

Just like they will do when a QB finally breaks the most TD's in a game record of 7(held by 4 people).  No one is going to say "well Blanda set it by throwing only x amount of times while so and so set it with y amount"

tofu_chipmunk



Joined: Wed Aug 5th, 2009
Location: Suburban Fatlanta, Georgia USA
Posts: 6706
Status: 
Offline
mike3775 wrote: Chrisstlouis wrote: Well since he less attempts whats the pointThe point is, no one cares about the attempts.  It took Babe Ruth 8,399 AB's to hit 715 homeruns, do you hear people saying that he is till the HR king because it took Hank Aaron over 11,390 AB's to top Ruth?  No you don't.  People care about the numbers, not how they got to the number.

The same applies to the NFL record for most TD's thrown in a year.  The record is 50 set by Brady in 2007.  If someone comes along and breaks it, do you think the analysts are going to sit there and say "well Brady did it in this many pass attempts while so and so did it in more, so an * should be placed".  No you won't, they will simply erase Brady's name and insert the new name.

Just like they will do when a QB finally breaks the most TD's in a game record of 7(held by 4 people).  No one is going to say "well Blanda set it by throwing only x amount of times while so and so set it with y amount"

Agree on this.  Teams throw more now.  The game evolves.  In the season Marino set the records, there were still several powerful programs in college football running the wishbone.  



UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems