WowBB Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > The Clawmaster's Archives > The Mephistos...Central States early 1969

 Moderated by: Ron
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
The Mephistos...Central States early 1969  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Tue Feb 14th, 2012 12:38 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Andyo

 

Joined: Wed Oct 17th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 284
Status: 
Offline
Anyone know who they were? I've seen Corsica Joe listed as Mephisto #1 but Corsica Jean was appearing in Georgia during this same time period so...anyone know who they were?

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Feb 14th, 2012 08:57 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Baddceo

 

Joined: Wed Dec 21st, 2011
Location: Palm Springs CA
Posts: 64
Status: 
Offline
Jim Dalton

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Feb 14th, 2012 11:27 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Baddceo

 

Joined: Wed Dec 21st, 2011
Location: Palm Springs CA
Posts: 64
Status: 
Offline
Sorry    Corsica Joe and Jim Dalton

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Feb 15th, 2012 03:32 am
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
The Ultimate Sin
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown, Sri Lanka
Posts: 9899
Status: 
Offline
I think they used to buy a lot of towels.



____________________
May I offer you some salt and vinegar chips?
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Feb 15th, 2012 03:52 am
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
BayouBoogie



Joined: Wed Oct 17th, 2007
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana USA
Posts: 6864
Status: 
Offline
Did they have anything to do with the Great Memphisto? I've read stories of him being spotted buying towels, as well.



Last edited on Wed Feb 15th, 2012 03:52 am by BayouBoogie

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Feb 15th, 2012 05:07 am
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
Baddceo wrote: Sorry    Corsica Joe and Jim Dalton
This solves the mystery. I knew about Corsica Joe like Andy did but didn't know about Dalton. 



____________________
"We are the priests
Of the temples of syrinx
Our great computers
Fill the hollowed halls
We are the priests
Of the temples of syrinx
All the gifts of life
Are held within our walls" 2112 By Rush!!
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Feb 15th, 2012 05:11 am
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
BayouBoogie wrote: Did they have anything to do with the Great Memphisto? I've read stories of him being spotted buying towels, as well.




Great Mephisto aka Frankie Cain wasn't part of this team. Cain legitimately was Akbar's cousin. There's a thread about Cain as Mephisto somewhere in the archives. It's after he punched out promoter Roy Shire and left San Francisco for I think Florida. Let me try to find it.  



____________________
"We are the priests
Of the temples of syrinx
Our great computers
Fill the hollowed halls
We are the priests
Of the temples of syrinx
All the gifts of life
Are held within our walls" 2112 By Rush!!
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Feb 15th, 2012 11:56 am
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
The Ultimate Sin
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown, Sri Lanka
Posts: 9899
Status: 
Offline
clawmaster wrote:
BayouBoogie wrote: Did they have anything to do with the Great Memphisto? I've read stories of him being spotted buying towels, as well.




Great Mephisto aka Frankie Cain wasn't part of this team. Cain legitimately was Akbar's cousin. There's a thread about Cain as Mephisto somewhere in the archives. It's after he punched out promoter Roy Shire and left San Francisco for I think Florida. Let me try to find it.  


Well then they probably bought less towels than I thought.



____________________
May I offer you some salt and vinegar chips?
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Feb 15th, 2012 10:56 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
BayouBoogie



Joined: Wed Oct 17th, 2007
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana USA
Posts: 6864
Status: 
Offline
The Ultimate Sin wrote:
clawmaster wrote:
BayouBoogie wrote: Did they have anything to do with the Great Memphisto? I've read stories of him being spotted buying towels, as well.




Great Mephisto aka Frankie Cain wasn't part of this team. Cain legitimately was Akbar's cousin. There's a thread about Cain as Mephisto somewhere in the archives. It's after he punched out promoter Roy Shire and left San Francisco for I think Florida. Let me try to find it.  


Well then they probably bought less towels than I thought.


Claw, I knew he wasn't part of the team. I was just wondering if the Memphistos bought their towels from him, or maybe learned how to purchase and use the towels from him. But maybe they weren't into the whole towel thing?

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Current time is 11:24 pm  
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > The Clawmaster's Archives > The Mephistos...Central States early 1969 Top




UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems