WowBB Forums Home 
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Sports Talk > Cheating Chad suspened for 6 races

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi  
AuthorPost
katook



Joined: Tue Sep 21st, 2010
Location: In A Trailerpark Filled With Rednecks, North Carolina USA
Posts: 3365
Status: 
Offline
http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news?slug=ap-nascar-knaussuspended

Well,it's a start,but not nearly enough in my opinion.

Cheating Chad has been caught and warned numerous times,suspended numerous times,yet he keeps on cheating.  He should have been suspended for the whole year and warned that the next time would result in permanent banning,how many chances does one get?

This also doesn't do a whole lot for Jimmie Johnson, (whom I do not condemn for cheating,as Jimmie drives what they give him to drive),he's now -23 points,but I really don't expect that deficit to be too much to keep him from the chase.


Married Jo



Joined: Fri Dec 21st, 2007
Location: Hickory NC
Posts: 6711
Status: 
Offline
He still could make the chase but that team is going to have to BUST ASS to do it though, and with Knaus out 6 races...I don't know..

That is a HUGE penalty, and just for what they did, not really deserved, but I have a feeling the history of their rule bending cost them this time..

stone2k



Joined: Mon Nov 29th, 2010
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts USA
Posts: 8946
Status: 
Offline
If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying.  

mike3775



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Indiana USA
Posts: 17634
Status: 
Offline
How many times is he going to be allowed to get caught before they finally give him the boot?

kargol



Joined: Thu Oct 18th, 2007
Location: Brum, United Kingdom
Posts: 4367
Status: 
Offline
Meh, the 3 got away with it for two decades.

stone2k



Joined: Mon Nov 29th, 2010
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts USA
Posts: 8946
Status: 
Offline
I just finished watching Speed's Race Hub on my DVR, and the story they told sounds fishy to me...  They stated John Darby happened to walk by, and he saw the c-post and felt it and thought it might be bad, so they tore it off, but they also stated the  car more than likely would have passed the room of doom and "the claw", yet NASCAR still went ahead and cut the post off.

They seem to think that while the fines would probably stand, the suspension may end up being reduced, and while Hendricks is appealing it, Chad can go to Phoenix and be the Crew Chief.


I personally find it kinda funny when NASCAR fans get all outraged and call people cheaters... the entire sport is based on cheating (or innovation for the optimists like me).I dare someone to go up to Junior Johnson, who was caught a few times bending the rules, and call him a cheater... even at his advanced age, I am certain the one of 5 inaugural Hall of Fame members  would knock that person on his ass.

***Cool story I heard during one of the HOF shows a few years ago  was they asked Junior to build them a replica whiskey still to honor their roots of being made up of bootleggers, and he did, except to the shock of the admins, he told them it would actually work when they were talking about it after the display was set up... dude is still hardcore after all these years IMO, and personifies what NASCAR is all about.








Married Jo



Joined: Fri Dec 21st, 2007
Location: Hickory NC
Posts: 6711
Status: 
Offline
stone2k wrote:

***Cool story I heard during one of the HOF shows a few years ago  was they asked Junior to build them a replica whiskey still to honor their roots of being made up of bootleggers, and he did, except to the shock of the admins, he told them it would actually work when they were talking about it after the display was set up... dude is still hardcore after all these years IMO, and personifies what NASCAR is all about.


Of course it will work, he does that for a living now:



They sell it in liquor stores here in NC...granted they have to water it down a bit, but still..

Married Jo



Joined: Fri Dec 21st, 2007
Location: Hickory NC
Posts: 6711
Status: 
Offline
stone2k wrote:
I just finished watching Speed's Race Hub on my DVR, and the story they told sounds fishy to me...  They stated John Darby happened to walk by, and he saw the c-post and felt it and thought it might be bad, so they tore it off, but they also stated the  car more than likely would have passed the room of doom and "the claw", yet NASCAR still went ahead and cut the post off.


BTW, I don't care if the car was legal or not, Knaus has nobody to blame but himself for this. Like they said on Nascarnow last night on ESPN, his getting caught live last year at Talladega before the race leaning in and telling Jimmie to wreck the back of the car if he wins so they don't find where they cheated caught up with him. This was Nascar sending him a message, and I'm glad they do this every now and then, I like to see the guys work near the line but Knaus needs to get knocked back to reality every now and then...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCmCiGCB-5I

mike3775



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Indiana USA
Posts: 17634
Status: 
Offline
stone2k wrote: I personally find it kinda funny when NASCAR fans get all outraged and call people cheaters... the entire sport is based on cheating (or innovation for the optimists like me).
Its well known everyone cheats somehow, its when they get caught though.

Its just like the Tour De France.  Shit, cycling should just allow everyone to roid for it, they all do, just most never get caught, and when they do, its hysteria and pandemonium every time.

katook



Joined: Tue Sep 21st, 2010
Location: In A Trailerpark Filled With Rednecks, North Carolina USA
Posts: 3365
Status: 
Offline
There's a reason why Jimmie Johnson and the 48 team won 5 titles in a row,they cheated and had an unfair advantage,and further I fully believe that NASCAR knew what was going on or caught them more than once and hush-hushed it up.

Because if it came out that "5 time" was cheating it would have cost way too much $$ in sponsor losses and goodwill from the fans,many of whom got sick and goddamm tired of seeing NASCAR become as predictable as John Cena match at a PPV.


mike3775



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Indiana USA
Posts: 17634
Status: 
Offline
katook wrote: There's a reason why Jimmie Johnson and the 48 team won 5 titles in a row,they cheated and had an unfair advantage,and further I fully believe that NASCAR knew what was going on or caught them more than once and hush-hushed it up.

Because if it came out that "5 time" was cheating it would have cost way too much $$ in sponsor losses and goodwill from the fans,many of whom got sick and goddamm tired of seeing NASCAR become as predictable as John Cena match at a PPV.


Exactly.  Its known they all cheat.  They really do not want to catch em all, otherwise they would, much like the Tour De France.  They make token attempts to look serious, to appease the fans

kargol



Joined: Thu Oct 18th, 2007
Location: Brum, United Kingdom
Posts: 4367
Status: 
Offline
At least he's not as big a cheat as Carl Long. 

katook



Joined: Tue Sep 21st, 2010
Location: In A Trailerpark Filled With Rednecks, North Carolina USA
Posts: 3365
Status: 
Offline
Bumping this because cheating Chad lost his appeal, all sanctions stand as of right now.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news;_ylt=AvqYxfj9lIzF1b5qR3AqzS7ov7YF?slug=ap-nascar-knausappeal

mike3775



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Indiana USA
Posts: 17634
Status: 
Offline
If NASCAR lowered it, there would be fan backlash I bet, so NASCAR did the right thing and kept it.

I actually expected them to lower it myself.

katook



Joined: Tue Sep 21st, 2010
Location: In A Trailerpark Filled With Rednecks, North Carolina USA
Posts: 3365
Status: 
Offline
Well, it looks like Hendricks greased the right palms to make this go away,too, and while I doubt if NASCAR gives a shit one way or the other they lost a lifelong fan today with this bullshit.

I've been a fan since I was a kid in the mid 1970's and I've seen a lot of good and bad, but this was the last straw for me, I am just too damn disgusted by the blatant cheating and favoritism shown to Jimmie Johnson, Chad Knaus and the 48 team through the years.

It's going to leave a huge void not being able to watch my NASCAR anymore, but I am totally serious that I'm done with it.




UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems