WowBB Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Sports Talk > The S and W Sports Police Blotter

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi Page:  First Page Previous Page  ...  28  29  30  31  32  33   
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
The S and W Sports Police Blotter  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: Wed Jan 17th, 2018 11:26 pm
  PM Quote Reply
481st Post
lobo316
Mr Baseball


Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New Capital For Suplex City
Posts: 42060
Status: 
Offline
Ex-NBA star Dennis Rodman will likely have to serve jail time in addition to checking into rehab following his arrest in Newport Beach, Calif., on Saturday on suspicion of DUI. Rodman was still on probation for a 2016 incident in which he was driving on the wrong side of the freeway.

Friend and agent Darren Prince said that he encouraged Rodman to check himself into rehab after the incident.

"He's been dealing with some personal stuff for the past month and a half, two months, much more than usual, and I told him, this gives him an opportunity to shut it down," Prince told the NY Daily News. "I've told him, 'put yourself into a rehab center and find out why this is happening. Get to the underlying root.'"

There are conflicting opinions from lawyers on how Rodman's judge will choose to approach potential jail time, however.

"Assuming the allegations are true and he was driving impaired, there's absolutely no question in my mind he's going to receive some custodial time. The real question is how creative does his lawyer get in working with the court," attorney Trent Copeland told the NY Daily News. "He's likely to get some jail time, and I expect there will be an additional component including time spent in rehab. Either way, there's going to be a component where he is going to be not free to leave."
Copeland is not representing Rodman.

Rodman's attorney, Paul Meyer, doesn't think anything is set in stone yet.

"The case is unfolding, so predictions are premature," he said. "Dennis is getting on a positive treatment track to address this. He is very cooperative."
Rodman was released on Sunday morning after the arrest.

Last edited on Wed Jan 17th, 2018 11:26 pm by lobo316

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Feb 14th, 2018 08:18 pm
  PM Quote Reply
482nd Post
lobo316
Mr Baseball


Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New Capital For Suplex City
Posts: 42060
Status: 
Offline
San Diego Padres left-hander Jose Torres has been placed on the restricted list after it came to light he had been arrested in December on domestic violence charges.


According to Kevin Acee of the San Diego Union-Tribune, Torres is alleged to have knocked a door off its hinges and pointed a gun at a woman at his home in Phoenix. It is unclear whether the woman was his wife, with whom he shares the home, or someone else. From Acee:
According to the probable cause statement contained in the court report, Torres knocked a door off its hinges and punched a hole in another door. He also pointed the gun at the victim, according to the report.


Torres was charged with assault with a deadly weapon, criminal damage and making threats or intimidation.
His next appearance in Maricopa County Superior Court is a pretrial conference scheduled for Feb. 20.


The Padres placed Torres on the restricted list Monday and announced he will not report to spring training. "We take this matter very seriously and are fully cooperating with the investigation being conducted by the Commissioner's Office. We will not have any further comment at this time," said the team's statement.
Torres likely faces discipline under MLB's relatively new domestic violence policy, however commissioner Rob Manfred typically waits until the legal process plays out before handing out a suspension. Aroldis Chapman, Jose Reyes, Jeurys Familia, and Hector Olivera are among the players who have been suspended under the domestic violence policy.


The 24-year-old Torres threw 68 1/3 innings with a 4.21 ERA and 63 strikeouts in 2017. He was expected to compete for a bullpen spot in camp. Players on the restricted list do not count against the 40-man roster, are not paid, and do not accrue service time.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Feb 28th, 2018 10:48 pm
  PM Quote Reply
483rd Post
lobo316
Mr Baseball


Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New Capital For Suplex City
Posts: 42060
Status: 
Offline
SAN DIEGO — Former All-Star pitcher Esteban Loaiza, who earned more than $43 million over 14 seasons, is accused of drug dealing involving 44 pounds (20 kilograms) of suspected cocaine.

The 46-year-old former Major League Baseball player is scheduled to be arraigned in court in Chula Vista, California, on Wednesday.

Loaiza was arrested Friday on suspicion of drug smuggling after San Diego County sheriff’s officers who pulled him over for a traffic violation found a "sophisticated" compartment used to hide contraband in his vehicle. Later they obtained a search warrant for the home he rented in the beach community of Imperial Beach, where officials say packages were found containing a white powder believed to be cocaine.

Loaiza played for numerous teams between 1995 and 2008, included stints with the Toronto Blue Jays, Pittsburgh Pirates, the New York Yankees, the Los Angeles Dodgers and the Chicago White Sox. He had a 21-9 record with the Chicago White Sox in 2003 and started in the All-Star Game that year.

Investigators have said the arrest was part of an on-going narcotics probe but have given few other details about how a successful baseball star became linked to a case involving the transport and sale of drugs with an estimated value of $500,000, according to the San Diego Sheriff’s Department.

It was not immediately known if Loaiza had hired a lawyer and he could not be reached to comment. He was being held for lack of $200,000 bail pending Wednesday’s court appearance.

Born in Tijuana, Loaiza became a celebrity in his native country after marrying the late Mexican-American singer Jenni Rivera. The "Diva de la Banda" was considered to be the most successful female singer in grupero, a male-dominated Mexico regional style, selling more than 15 million records, and acting in reality television before she was killed in a plane crash in 2012.

She filed for divorce shortly before her death, ending their two-year marriage.

Agent, John Boggs, who represented Loaiza during his Major League Baseball career, said he had not seen him in more than a year but that he had heard he was involved in a business selling Mexican-made hats.

"I love Esteban," Boggs told the San Diego Union Tribune. "He’s a great guy with a big heart — again, I don’t know what or why he’d be involved in this. I have no idea. He’s a friend, and I’m sorry as heck to see what’s going on."

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Mon Mar 5th, 2018 10:46 am
  PM Quote Reply
484th Post
Benlen



Joined: Sun Oct 21st, 2007
Location: Milpitas, California USA
Posts: 12825
Status: 
Offline
Aldon Smith is at it again. He is on the run for beating up his fiancé.



____________________
Only thing harder than achieving excellence is maintaining it.
Dream Well. It may come true.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sun Mar 25th, 2018 05:20 am
  PM Quote Reply
485th Post
lobo316
Mr Baseball


Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New Capital For Suplex City
Posts: 42060
Status: 
Offline
(KGTV) - A former Major League Baseball pitcher was awarded $2.3 million for injuries sustained after punching a man reportedly on LSD outside his Northern California home.

Greg Reynolds claimed his career was cut short after he broke his hand punching Domenic Pintarelli on Jan. 16, 2015. Reynolds' attorney Niall McCarthy says his client was attacked outside his home by Pintarelli, who was attending a party next door at a neighbor's house.

McCarthy said both Pintarelli and the neighbor, Connor Pope, had taken LSD. Pope did not attack Reynolds but Pintarelli did, he alleges.

Reynolds punched Pintarelli, breaking his pitching hand and costing his ability to "move and control" a baseball, McCarthy argues. Evidently, a jury agreed, awarding the former MLB pitcher $2.3 million in damages. The award includes $300,000 for Greg Reynolds's wife, Megan.

Reynolds started pitching for the Colorado Rockies' minor league team in 2006 before moving up to the big leagues in 2008. He also pitched for the Texas Rangers in 2012 and the Cincinnati Reds in 2013.

Reynolds went on to pitch in Japan in 2014 before the incident. The San Diego Padres signed Reynolds to a minor league contract in 2016 but ended up releasing him

After his baseball career ended, Reynolds returned to his alma mater of Stanford to earn a degree in economics, according to The Mercury News. He now works in finance, the paper reports.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Mon Mar 26th, 2018 05:30 pm
  PM Quote Reply
486th Post
Benlen



Joined: Sun Oct 21st, 2007
Location: Milpitas, California USA
Posts: 12825
Status: 
Offline
Albert Belle arrested for DUI and indecent exposure



____________________
Only thing harder than achieving excellence is maintaining it.
Dream Well. It may come true.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Fri Apr 6th, 2018 06:59 pm
  PM Quote Reply
487th Post
lobo316
Mr Baseball


Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New Capital For Suplex City
Posts: 42060
Status: 
Offline
Back on November 12, 2016, Conor McGregor was the undisputed face of the UFC, a global icon who could single-handedly grow mixed martial arts (MMA) to new heights around the world. That Saturday night, the charismatic, if profane, fighter from Ireland captivated a boisterous crowd at New York City’s Madison Square Garden, the site of some of the most legendary prizefights of all-time. He knocked out Eddie Alvarez to claim the lightweight crown.
The bout was signature moment for the UFC. The organization had fought a decades-long battle to end New York State’s ban on MMA, but here it was, finally, on Broadway. And Conor McGregor owned the marquee.
But just 18 short months after McGregor headlined the most important night in UFC history, a crazed McGregor attacked a bus filled with UFC fighters in a New York City loading dock, and was in police custody Thursday evening. He’s been charged with three counts of assault, and one count of criminal mischief. McGregor assaulted the sport that made him millions, while endangering the safety of his fellow fighters.


In what UFC president Dana White called “the most disgusting thing that has ever happened in the history of this company,” on Thursday McGregor and a group of associates stormed a New York City press event for an upcoming UFC fight, and hurled objects at a vehicle that was carrying UFC fighters to a nearby hotel. Several cameras captured the shocking incident: TMZ posted footage showing McGregor throwing a hand truck at a bus, shattering a window.
The Hulk has nothing on him! CONOR SMASH!! https://t.co/vP15QB7ilC#TMZ #TMZSports pic.twitter.com/1MvcCDaA69
— TMZ Sports (@TMZ_Sports) April 5, 2018
Wild video from Felice Herrig's Instagram of Conor McGregor and company wrecking things behind the scenes. pic.twitter.com/tFqZ16JBqy
— Michael Hutchinson (@TheMikeyHutch) April 5, 2018
@TheNotoriousMMA is about that life pic.twitter.com/kLRbMVzSzk
— joshua. (@jrsvx) April 5, 2018


On Thursday evening, McGregor turned himself into the New York City Police Department; the incident occurred in the loading dock of the Barclays Center, where the UFC 223 fight card is scheduled to take place on Saturday. UFC fighter Michael Chiesa, who is on the card, was taken to the hospital with facial cuts. McGregor and the other men fled the scene before police arrived.
McGregor hadn’t fought in the UFC since that November 2016 fight in New York; last summer Floyd Mayweather beat McGregor in an intensely-hyped boxing match. On Wednesday, UFC president Dana White announced that the winner of Saturday’s fight between Max Holloway and Khabib Nurmagomedov would earn the lightweight championship belt, effectively stripping McGregor of his lightweight title. Early Thursday morning, McGregor tweeted “you’s’ll strip me of nothing,” before directing an highly offensive word towards, it’s reasonable to conclude, UFC officials.
But another incident may have drawn McGregor’s ire. Artem Lobov, a teammate of McGregor’s, was involved in a hotel scuffle earlier this week with Nurmagomedov. White told ESPN that Lobov was part of the crew that attacked the bus. (Lobov was supposed to fight Alex Caceres on Saturday but has been pulled from the event.)
No matter the motivation, McGregor’s antics were frightening, and utterly inexcusable. He could have seriously injured someone, or worse. An ESPN reporter asked White if he still wanted to be in business with McGregor. “Right now, absolutely not,” White responded. “Do you want to be in business with Conor McGregor right now?
https://t.co/XP3tyYIrKH
— Brett Okamoto (@bokamotoESPN) April 5, 2018
After Conor McGregor stormed today's #UFC223 media day, @ufc boss@danawhite said, "This is the most disgusting thing that has ever happened in the history of the company."
Read more: https://t.co/GVmHFmpZcn pic.twitter.com/owM4US47dn
— MMAjunkie (@MMAjunkie) April 5, 2018
pic.twitter.com/Hu35x5qgB3
— Brett Okamoto (@bokamotoESPN) April 5, 2018
A McGregor rep did not respond to a request for comment. November 2016, at Madison Square Garden, now seems so very long ago.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sun Apr 8th, 2018 08:49 am
  PM Quote Reply
488th Post
lobo316
Mr Baseball


Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New Capital For Suplex City
Posts: 42060
Status: 
Offline

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue May 8th, 2018 07:48 pm
  PM Quote Reply
489th Post
lobo316
Mr Baseball


Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New Capital For Suplex City
Posts: 42060
Status: 
Offline
Toronto Blue Jays closer Roberto Osuna has been arrested and charged with assault, and has been placed on leave.
Osuna was released Tuesday morning and will appear in court at Old City Hall June 18, according to Toronto Police Service spokesperson Constable Jenifferjit Sidhu. No details on the age of the victim or whether they knew Osuna were released by police, in order to protect their identity, Sidhu said.
MLB says it is investigating the circumstances of the charges in accordance with the joint domestic violence policy between the league and the MLB Players Association.
“We are aware of the incident involving Roberto and fully support the decision by the Commissioner’s Office to place him on administrative leave,” the Jays said in a statement. “We are taking the matter extremely seriously, as the type of conduct associated with this incident is not reflective of our values as an organization.
“As this remains an ongoing investigation by Toronto Police, the club will not comment further on the matter.”
The 23-year-old Osuna is in his fourth MLB season, all with the Blue Jays.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sat Jul 7th, 2018 11:03 pm
  PM Quote Reply
490th Post
lobo316
Mr Baseball


Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New Capital For Suplex City
Posts: 42060
Status: 
Offline
Former NBA and UCLA basketball player Tyler Honeycutt was found dead on the scene Friday in Southern California after a shootout with police, members of his family tell ABC-7. He was 27.

According to Los Angeles Police Department, officers “assigned to Van Nuys Division responded to a radio call of a Man with a Gun in the area of Riverside Drive & Tyrone Avenue” at around 5 p.m. ET.

After arriving at the scene, an officer-involved shooting occurred as “they made contact” and were “communicating” with “the suspect, a male in his 20’s.”

“The suspect fired a shot out of the residence and officers returned fire,” the LAPD said.

Neither the LAPD nor the Los Angeles County Department of Medical Examiner Coroner would verify to PEOPLE that Honeycutt was the deceased suspect. The late athlete’s family, however, made the confirmation to ABC-7.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sat Aug 25th, 2018 09:20 pm
  PM Quote Reply
491st Post
lobo316
Mr Baseball


Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New Capital For Suplex City
Posts: 42060
Status: 
Offline
Los Angeles police say former Golden State Warriors guard Nick Youngwas arrested in Hollywood during a late-night stop for a routine traffic violation.
Officer Mike Lopez, a department spokesman, told The Associated Press that Young was arrested Friday for delaying an investigation, a misdemeanor.


Lopez says Young didn't obey the officers, became upset and caused a delay.
According to Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department records, Young, 33, was arrested just before midnight local time Friday and released on $10,000 bail about three and a half hours later.
The next court date in the case is set for Sept. 19.
Young, who currently is a free agent, averaged 7.3 points per game last season for the reigning champion Warriors. He has not publicly commented on the incident.
A representative of Young could not be immediately reached for comment. A telephone message was left by the AP at the office of the agent who represented him when he signed with the Warriors.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Current time is 09:45 am Page:  First Page Previous Page  ...  28  29  30  31  32  33     
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Sports Talk > The S and W Sports Police Blotter Top




UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems