WowBB Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Early CAC awards  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Thu Oct 18th, 2012 03:19 pm
  PM Quote Reply
16th Post
Portalesman
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 7798
Status: 
Offline
Id rather they gave the award to rossi. Schire is awful.



____________________
http://www.wrestlingfanssuck.com

Sixk of Portalsman and he is a total fucking loser and mark for himself. A bore. Dude has never been laid in his life.

Total piece of garbage and a reason I have left wrestling forums. drdelaware
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu Oct 18th, 2012 04:00 pm
  PM Quote Reply
17th Post
carlton st

 

Joined: Sat Oct 27th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 1195
Status: 
Offline
in the spirit of the awards name , the past nominees obviously embody the 'historian' aspect of the pre-internet results scourers and information traders, only exception maybe Vance who is a current guy but obviously a real historian and somebody who has worked hard to preserve and uncover the history of wrestling

Others I would think of for that award, Gary Will, JMK , Ron Dobratz, Don Luce

IMHO Schire may fit in to that mold but he doesn't like to share his stuff as it makes it 'less worth' , so he's really not in the true spirit of sharing info , not to devalue what he has contributed among the 'historians' whom he does share with



____________________


Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu Oct 18th, 2012 07:17 pm
  PM Quote Reply
18th Post
Count Grog
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Sun Oct 21st, 2007
Location: Fuquay Varina, NC, USA
Posts: 15720
Status: 
Offline
carlton st wrote: in the spirit of the awards name , the past nominees obviously embody the 'historian' aspect of the pre-internet results scourers and information traders, only exception maybe Vance who is a current guy but obviously a real historian and somebody who has worked hard to preserve and uncover the history of wrestling

Others I would think of for that award, Gary Will, JMK , Ron Dobratz, Don Luce

IMHO Schire may fit in to that mold but he doesn't like to share his stuff as it makes it 'less worth' , so he's really not in the true spirit of sharing info , not to devalue what he has contributed among the 'historians' whom he does share with


I think Dobtratz passed away so take him from that list.  There are a ton of guys who can deserve this award and many years ahead for veryone of them to get their time as an honoree.  Kenyon Im surprised hasn't won it but maybe because he doesn't attend?



____________________
Most people don't care if you're telling them the truth or if you're telling them a lie, as long as they're entertained by it. - Tom Waits

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu Oct 18th, 2012 07:28 pm
  PM Quote Reply
19th Post
Road Warrior Yajuta



Joined: Sat Jul 3rd, 2010
Location: D'Iberville, Ms, USA
Posts: 4798
Status: 
Offline
Portalesman wrote: Id rather they gave the award to rossi. Schire is awful.No argument there.  I keep hearing he is good people in real life that has not grasped the intricacies of the Interwebz but onlline he is a douchebag



____________________
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu Oct 18th, 2012 07:32 pm
  PM Quote Reply
20th Post
Chitown Rich

 

Joined: Mon Aug 25th, 2008
Location:  
Posts: 816
Status: 
Offline
One big thing George has going for him is that he lives in the Minneapolis area.
It was the home ground for the AWA for all those years and every wrestler that ever wrestled in the AWA lived right there.
Many more wrestlers still are there after they've retired. George made friends with all of them and those wrestlers help make CAC go and for the most part they like Georga and trust him.

I went up there years ago for some convention and couldn't believe how George and his buddy Mick Karch had access to all the AWA wrestlers. In Chicago you couldn't get near these guys at The Amphitheatre.
Our big thing when we were teenagers was going to Moose Cholak's tavern. There weren't any other wrestlers around Chicago.

So being in Minneapolis has helped George greatly IMO.

Claw and the rest will have their day. I'm sure of that.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu Oct 18th, 2012 07:34 pm
  PM Quote Reply
21st Post
Road Warrior Yajuta



Joined: Sat Jul 3rd, 2010
Location: D'Iberville, Ms, USA
Posts: 4798
Status: 
Offline
Chitown Rich wrote: I went up there years ago for some convention and couldn't believe how George and his buddy Mick Karch had access to all the AWA wrestlers. In Chicago you couldn't get near these guys at The Amphitheatre.
At least Mick Karch worked for the AWA



____________________
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Fri Oct 19th, 2012 12:13 am
  PM Quote Reply
22nd Post
yellowdog



Joined: Fri Mar 5th, 2010
Location: New Bern, North Carolina USA
Posts: 3823
Status: 
Offline
Road Warrior Yajuta wrote: Chitown Rich wrote: I went up there years ago for some convention and couldn't believe how George and his buddy Mick Karch had access to all the AWA wrestlers. In Chicago you couldn't get near these guys at The Amphitheatre.
At least Mick Karch worked for the AWA

That was quite a bit later.  George and Mick had access since high school.



____________________
"It's a Dog Eat Dog World"
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Fri Oct 19th, 2012 01:05 am
  PM Quote Reply
23rd Post
Road Warrior Yajuta



Joined: Sat Jul 3rd, 2010
Location: D'Iberville, Ms, USA
Posts: 4798
Status: 
Offline
yellowdog wrote: Road Warrior Yajuta wrote: Chitown Rich wrote: I went up there years ago for some convention and couldn't believe how George and his buddy Mick Karch had access to all the AWA wrestlers. In Chicago you couldn't get near these guys at The Amphitheatre.
At least Mick Karch worked for the AWA

That was quite a bit later.  George and Mick had access since high school.
I see said Ray Charles



____________________
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Fri Oct 19th, 2012 01:24 am
  PM Quote Reply
24th Post
Papa Voo



Joined: Thu Jan 17th, 2008
Location: Right Outside The Burgh, USA
Posts: 9688
Status: 
Offline
Road Warrior Yajuta wrote: Portalesman wrote: Id rather they gave the award to rossi. Schire is awful.No argument there.  I keep hearing he is good people in real life that has not grasped the intricacies of the Interwebz but onlline he is a douchebag


He still defines the true meaning of fuckwad on the internet.  His self-praise alone makes him a douche, and I find that difficult to believe that he just turns that off when he is away from the keyboard. 



____________________
“Anybody notice that Papa Voo can make all these posts, despite the fact he hasn't been logged in all night? #S&W (Scumbag Liars & Worthless Trash)“

-(Comedian/Troll Wanna Be) Heenan Fan-
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Fri Oct 19th, 2012 02:16 am
  PM Quote Reply
25th Post
JOpiela



Joined: Tue Jul 29th, 2008
Location: Buffalo
Posts: 211
Status: 
Offline
With who else could be honored the choice is a poor one. He did get a book published but is one of the worst books I've purchased.  That book on Minnesota wrestling is embarrassingly bad and should have disqualified him as any sort of historian.



____________________
"My allergy to those fucking fans, you know, has returned." - Denis Lemieux
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sun Oct 21st, 2012 04:44 pm
  PM Quote Reply
26th Post
indikator

 

Joined: Fri Jan 23rd, 2009
Location: Bratenwender City, Germany
Posts: 2613
Status: 
Offline
Man, why didn't anyone write here about the WCMB thread. I might have missed it completely.

*gets popcorn*

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Mon Oct 22nd, 2012 12:50 pm
  PM Quote Reply
27th Post
khawk
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 16391
Status: 
Offline
links, please.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Mon Oct 22nd, 2012 03:20 pm
  PM Quote Reply
28th Post
clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
Same thread where your shoot name got mentioned khawk.

http://wrestlingclassics.com/.ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=129276;p=1



____________________
"We are the priests
Of the temples of syrinx
Our great computers
Fill the hollowed halls
We are the priests
Of the temples of syrinx
All the gifts of life
Are held within our walls" 2112 By Rush!!
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Mon Oct 22nd, 2012 03:37 pm
  PM Quote Reply
29th Post
khawk
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 16391
Status: 
Offline
clawmaster wrote: Same thread where your shoot name got mentioned khawk.

http://wrestlingclassics.com/.ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=129276;p=1


I see.

There were no pics taken but Ports does not seem to believe that to be true.

The part weaselsuit wrote about the somas is legit, though.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Mon Oct 22nd, 2012 03:48 pm
  PM Quote Reply
30th Post
clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
And Weas just nominated me on that thread. I politely told him he was wrong.



____________________
"We are the priests
Of the temples of syrinx
Our great computers
Fill the hollowed halls
We are the priests
Of the temples of syrinx
All the gifts of life
Are held within our walls" 2112 By Rush!!
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Current time is 12:03 pm Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  Next Page Last Page    
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Pro Wrestling > Early CAC awards Top




UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems