WowBB Forums Home 
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Sports Talk > Giants vs Tigers World Series thread

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi  
AuthorPost
clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
Justin Verlander opposes Barry Zito in game one on FOX tonight.

srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 48905
Status: 
Offline
This should be the one the Tigers get.  And they might not get another.  God forbid they lose this one, it should be a sweep.

Benlen



Joined: Sun Oct 21st, 2007
Location: Milpitas, California USA
Posts: 13177
Status: 
Offline
Right now its sunny but breezy. Rain is forecasted for later in the nite. Shouldn't be as hard as Mondays rain.


Tigers and Giants rarely see each other.They know Fielder from his Milwaukee days and hate his ass.I wanna see Zito pull another miracle out of his ass but don't see it.Probably a better chance of seeing Lincecum in relief after 3 innings.

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
I like The Tigers in this series. Cain doesn't pitch until game 4.

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
Zito gave up a hit in the top of the first inning but got out of it. Verlander now on the hill for The Tigers.

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
Kung Fu Panda homers!! 1-0 Giants.

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
Posey fans. 1-0 Giants after one inning.

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
Zito retires the side. 1-0 Giants. Barry Fucking Zito!!

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
1-0 Giants after two innings.

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
Jackson singles with one out in the top of the 3rd inning.

mike3775



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Indiana USA
Posts: 17634
Status: 
Offline
clawmaster wrote: Kung Fu Panda homers!! 1-0 Giants.
And in MLB studio's you know that one analyst(cant remember his name) creamed his pants on that HR

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
Zito fans Infante. 2 outs.

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
Great catch by Blanco on a Miguel Cabrera sinking liner to left. 3 outs.

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
Double by Pagan with two outs.

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
2-0 Giants on a hit by Scutaro.

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
Scutaro and Kung Fu Panda are on fire.

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
4-0 Giants on a 2 run homer by Kung Fu Panda!!

mike3775



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Indiana USA
Posts: 17634
Status: 
Offline
clawmaster wrote: Scutaro and Kung Fu Panda are on fire.
Kung Fu has SPANKED Verlander tonight

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
4-0 Giants after three and a half innings.

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
5-0 Giants on a hit by Barry Fucking Zito!!

Benlen



Joined: Sun Oct 21st, 2007
Location: Milpitas, California USA
Posts: 13177
Status: 
Offline
Tigers better get back to Detroit soon. Giants gonna run on zDelmon Young all nite.

mike3775



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Indiana USA
Posts: 17634
Status: 
Offline
I didnt expect this at all.

I actually expected Detroit to hammer Zito tonight, not San Fran hammering Verlander

mike3775



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Indiana USA
Posts: 17634
Status: 
Offline
holy fuck, Kung Fu with his 3rd hr tonight

6-0 San Fran

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
Kung Fu Panda with another homer.

mike3775



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Indiana USA
Posts: 17634
Status: 
Offline
clawmaster wrote: Kung Fu Panda with another homer.
He joins a very exclusive club for sure

Benlen



Joined: Sun Oct 21st, 2007
Location: Milpitas, California USA
Posts: 13177
Status: 
Offline
mike3775 wrote:
clawmaster wrote: Kung Fu Panda with another homer.
He joins a very exclusive club for sure

I wonder if they will pitch to him in his next at bat?

mike3775



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Indiana USA
Posts: 17634
Status: 
Offline
Benlen wrote: mike3775 wrote:
clawmaster wrote: Kung Fu Panda with another homer.
He joins a very exclusive club for sure

I wonder if they will pitch to him in his next at bat?
I would jump for joy if he hit another HR tonight, becoming the first person to ever hit 4 hr in a world series game

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
7-1 Giants on a single by Scutaro.

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
Kung Fu Panda singles. Scutaro to 3rd base.

mike3775



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Indiana USA
Posts: 17634
Status: 
Offline
I cant believe they pitched to him

He got a single though to go 4-4

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
8-1 Giants!!

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
8-3 Giants on a two run homer by Peralta.

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
Two out in the 9th inning.

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
Giants win!!

Benlen



Joined: Sun Oct 21st, 2007
Location: Milpitas, California USA
Posts: 13177
Status: 
Offline
Why do the Fox announcer keep saying Verlander is best pitcher on the planet? Looking at his stats and Cain's they are similiar.

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
Benlen wrote: Why do the Fox announcer keep saying Verlander is best pitcher on the planet? Looking at his stats and Cain's they are similiar.
Verlander is beatable like any other pitcher. He won the Cy Young last year but regressed this year.

Doug Fister faces Madison Bumgarner in game two tonight on FOX. Must win for the Tigers. 

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
Bumgarner fans Austin Jackson.

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
Bumgarner fans Infante.

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
Cabrera grounds out to short.

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
Fister fans Pagan.

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
Scutaro grounds out to short.

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
Kung Fu Panda flies out to left field. 0-0 after one inning.

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
Fielder hit by a pitch.

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
Young doubles. Fielder thrown out at home plate. Why send Fielder?

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
Peralta pops up.

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
Bumgarner gets out of it.

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
Giants with men on first and second with two outs.

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
Fister walks Crawford to load the bases.

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
Bumgarner pops out to Peralta to end the threat.

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
Bumgarner mows down the side. Still scoreless.

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
0-0 top of the 4th inning.

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
Infante singles.

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
Cabrera lines out hard to Kung Fu Panda.

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
Fielder flies out deep to left.

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
Infante picked off.

mike3775



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Indiana USA
Posts: 17634
Status: 
Offline
Giants are getting some lucky plays tonight.

Detroit should be up by atleast 2 right now, but defensive plays have saved them

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
0-0 after 4 innings.

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
Bumgarner with 5 strike outs tonight.

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
Bumgarner gets them out in order.

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
Still scoreless.

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
0-0 after five and a half innings.

Benlen



Joined: Sun Oct 21st, 2007
Location: Milpitas, California USA
Posts: 13177
Status: 
Offline
I wonder if Leyland will trust hid bullpen in this game?

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
0-0 after 6 innings. Fister is over 100 pitches.

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
The dreaded lead off walk to Cabrera.

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
Fielder hits into a double play. So much for the dreaded lead off walk.

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
Young grounds out. Still scoreless.

mike3775



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Indiana USA
Posts: 17634
Status: 
Offline
I did not expect Baumgardner to make it to the 7th

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
Fister on the mound for the 7th inning.

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
Pence singles.

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
Pitching Change.

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
Drew Smyly in to pitch.

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
Smyly walked Belt. SF with men on first and second.

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
Perfectly placed bunt single by Gregor Blanco. Bases loaded.

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
Double play. Run scores.

Giants 1 Tigers 0

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
Smyly fans Theriot. Giants 1 Tigers 0.

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
Still 1-0 Giants

mike3775



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Indiana USA
Posts: 17634
Status: 
Offline
Free taco on the 29th from  2-6 pm at taco bell(dorito taco)

Last edited on Fri Oct 26th, 2012 02:54 am by mike3775

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
Posey walks. Bases loaded. 1 out.

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
Sac Fly by Pence. 2-0 Giants.

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
2-0 Giants going to the 9th inning. Romo in for the save.

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
2 outs in the 9th. Infante is Detroit's last hope.

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
Infante pops us. Giants lead series 2-0.

mike3775



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Indiana USA
Posts: 17634
Status: 
Offline
clawmaster wrote: Infante pops us. Giants lead series 2-0.
I expected Detroit to have home field heading back to Detroit

Looks like they should have included live pitching drills during the layoff during the scrimmages

Benlen



Joined: Sun Oct 21st, 2007
Location: Milpitas, California USA
Posts: 13177
Status: 
Offline
mike3775 wrote:
clawmaster wrote: Infante pops us. Giants lead series 2-0.
I expected Detroit to have home field heading back to Detroit

Looks like they should have included live pitching drills during the layoff during the scrimmages

Giants pitching staff just too deep for the Tigers. Giants are the number two scoring team on the road in the majors this yr. Doesn't look good for the Tigers.

mike3775



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Indiana USA
Posts: 17634
Status: 
Offline
Benlen wrote: mike3775 wrote:
clawmaster wrote: Infante pops us. Giants lead series 2-0.
I expected Detroit to have home field heading back to Detroit

Looks like they should have included live pitching drills during the layoff during the scrimmages

Giants pitching staff just too deep for the Tigers. Giants are the number two scoring team on the road in the majors this yr. Doesn't look good for the Tigers.
You really thought Baumgardner and Zito would go 7 innings and give up only a few hits?  I never expected that.

Benlen



Joined: Sun Oct 21st, 2007
Location: Milpitas, California USA
Posts: 13177
Status: 
Offline
mike3775 wrote:
Benlen wrote: mike3775 wrote:
clawmaster wrote: Infante pops us. Giants lead series 2-0.
I expected Detroit to have home field heading back to Detroit

Looks like they should have included live pitching drills during the layoff during the scrimmages

Giants pitching staff just too deep for the Tigers. Giants are the number two scoring team on the road in the majors this yr. Doesn't look good for the Tigers.
You really thought Baumgardner and Zito would go 7 innings and give up only a few hits?  I never expected that.
Bumgarner yes, Zito no. Zito you just have to pray for a miracle even tho he did have a good season.
All of the Giant starters have been streaky this year. Bumgarner at one point was the best pitcher on the staff and he's only 23.

I always said the Giants are the most dangerous team in the playoffs due to their pitching. Pitching has been their bread and butter the last 4 years and most of them are fairly young . The key to the giants is just getting to the post season.

Famous Mortimer



Joined: Thu Nov 6th, 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 2771
Status: 
Offline
mike3775 wrote: You really thought Baumgardner and Zito would go 7 innings and give up only a few hits?  I never expected that.

No-one expected that. I was reading a few previews of game 1, and people dismissed Zito like he was a joke.

mike3775



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Indiana USA
Posts: 17634
Status: 
Offline
Benlen wrote: mike3775 wrote:
Benlen wrote: mike3775 wrote:
clawmaster wrote: Infante pops us. Giants lead series 2-0.
I expected Detroit to have home field heading back to Detroit

Looks like they should have included live pitching drills during the layoff during the scrimmages

Giants pitching staff just too deep for the Tigers. Giants are the number two scoring team on the road in the majors this yr. Doesn't look good for the Tigers.
You really thought Baumgardner and Zito would go 7 innings and give up only a few hits?  I never expected that.
Bumgarner yes, Zito no. Zito you just have to pray for a miracle even tho he did have a good season.
All of the Giant starters have been streaky this year. Bumgarner at one point was the best pitcher on the staff and he's only 23.

I always said the Giants are the most dangerous team in the playoffs due to their pitching. Pitching has been their bread and butter the last 4 years and most of them are fairly young . The key to the giants is just getting to the post season.
I expected Zito to be shelled in game 1 and expected atleast 1 or two runs by Detroit against Baumgardner considering how he has done in the post season so far.  But I never expected both to go deep into the game and give up zero runs and only like 5 or 6 hits and as few walks as they have given up.

I said St. Louis was Detroits best chance at winning, and thought San Fran had the advantage with pitching, but Verlander getting shelled I did not expect and I never expected San Fran to get those lucky breaks that they got so far(double off the bag in game 1 and the bounce off the wall in game 2)

Benlen



Joined: Sun Oct 21st, 2007
Location: Milpitas, California USA
Posts: 13177
Status: 
Offline
The last 3 yrs when Anibal Sanchez was a Marlin he pitches like Cy Young vs the Giants.Might be a low scoring game tonite but that would favor the Giants.

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
Ryan Vogelsong on the mound for the Giants.

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
Tigers with men on first and second with one out.

mike3775



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Indiana USA
Posts: 17634
Status: 
Offline
that last replay shown, looked like Belt was off the bag

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
Fielder hits into a double play to end the first inning.

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
mike3775 wrote: that last replay shown, looked like Belt was off the bag

I think he was.

mike3775



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Indiana USA
Posts: 17634
Status: 
Offline
I wonder if Detroit fought it during the break

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
Pence on 3rd base with one out.

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
Blanco triples in Pence. 1-0 Giants.

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
Crawford knocks in Blanco. 2-0 Giants!!

Benlen



Joined: Sun Oct 21st, 2007
Location: Milpitas, California USA
Posts: 13177
Status: 
Offline
Tigers look completely confused in the dugout.

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
Tigers with men on first and second with one out.

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
Berry grounds into a double play.

mike3775



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Indiana USA
Posts: 17634
Status: 
Offline
clawmaster wrote: Berry grounds into a double play.
Thats been the bane for Detroit the entire series so far.  Every time they get a runner on, a double play shortly follows

mike3775



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Indiana USA
Posts: 17634
Status: 
Offline
Vogelson gets out of a 1 out bases loaded jam with a K and a pop out by the AL MVP

HBF



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Atlanta, Georgia USA
Posts: 17866
Status: 
Offline
Put a fork in Detroit. SF is destined.

srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 48905
Status: 
Offline
I guess it turns out that the A.L. kinda sucked this year.  The Orioles couldn't beat a horrible Yankees team that couldn't beat a horrible Tigers team.  Congrats to the Giants, they deserve it.

Benlen



Joined: Sun Oct 21st, 2007
Location: Milpitas, California USA
Posts: 13177
Status: 
Offline
Pitching Pitching Pitching

Benlen



Joined: Sun Oct 21st, 2007
Location: Milpitas, California USA
Posts: 13177
Status: 
Offline
I wonder whose going to be MVP? Tough to choose from.

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
Benlen wrote: I wonder whose going to be MVP? Tough to choose from.
Kung Fu Panda.

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
2 run homer by Cabrera!!

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
Tigers 2 Giants 1

mike3775



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Indiana USA
Posts: 17634
Status: 
Offline
It looks like Scherzer is hurt


Oh and I had to mute it during the on air blowjob Joe and Tim gave Justin Verlander

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
Mighty Max is still in there.

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
2 run homer by Posey. Giants 3 Tigers 2 in 6th inning.

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
3-3 tie on a home run by Young.

mike3775



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Indiana USA
Posts: 17634
Status: 
Offline
I didnt expect a San Fran sweep.

I expected Detroit to come out fighting which they have been doing tonight

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
Scutaro knocks in Theroit. 4-3 Giants!!

Benlen



Joined: Sun Oct 21st, 2007
Location: Milpitas, California USA
Posts: 13177
Status: 
Offline
YYYAAAAAAHHHHOOOOOOOOO
Giants win!!!
San Francisco parties tonite!

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
Giants Sweep The Tigers to win the World Series!!

Benlen



Joined: Sun Oct 21st, 2007
Location: Milpitas, California USA
Posts: 13177
Status: 
Offline
Cabrera frozen on the last strike.

srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 48905
Status: 
Offline
Clearly the best team this year.  Congrats SF.

Benlen



Joined: Sun Oct 21st, 2007
Location: Milpitas, California USA
Posts: 13177
Status: 
Offline
Leyland had no trust in his bullpen. I would have yanked the lefty Coke and brought in Righty Beniot to face Scutaro.

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
clawmaster wrote: Benlen wrote: I wonder whose going to be MVP? Tough to choose from.
Kung Fu Panda.

At least I got one prediction correct.

beejmi
The Big Kahuna


Joined: Sat Oct 13th, 2007
Location: Philly
Posts: 41164
Status: 
Offline
I can't imagine how anyone but a Giants fan enjoyed this World Series

mike3775



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Indiana USA
Posts: 17634
Status: 
Offline
beejmi wrote: I can't imagine how anyone but a Giants fan enjoyed this World Series
I'm not a Giants fan and I enjoyed it. 

It was by far the best World Series in a long time, because there was not jusrt one or two players who stepped up at all.  The entire an Fran team stepped it up big time in this series.

Benlen



Joined: Sun Oct 21st, 2007
Location: Milpitas, California USA
Posts: 13177
Status: 
Offline
beejmi wrote:
I can't imagine how anyone but a Giants fan enjoyed this World Series

I'm sure Nate Schierholtz is happy. He might be getting a full share of the World Series cut.

lobo316
Mr Baseball


Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Raptorville
Posts: 43229
Status: 
Offline
Benlen wrote: YYYAAAAAAHHHHOOOOOOOOO
Giants win!!!
San Francisco parties tonite!

and Melky gets a WS ring

srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 48905
Status: 
Offline
beejmi wrote:
I can't imagine how anyone but a Giants fan enjoyed this World Series


I thought the games were good other than the 1st one. Never doubted that the Giants would win, but some of it was enjoyable.

mike3775



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Indiana USA
Posts: 17634
Status: 
Offline
lobo316 wrote:
Benlen wrote: YYYAAAAAAHHHHOOOOOOOOO
Giants win!!!
San Francisco parties tonite!

and Melky gets a WS ring


If he is smart, he turn it down

lobo316
Mr Baseball


Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Raptorville
Posts: 43229
Status: 
Offline
Were the Giants really that good ? They barely got past the Cards.

Benlen



Joined: Sun Oct 21st, 2007
Location: Milpitas, California USA
Posts: 13177
Status: 
Offline
lobo316 wrote:
Were the Giants really that good ? They barely got past the Cards.

Yes.....Last team standing.

srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 48905
Status: 
Offline
lobo316 wrote: Were the Giants really that good ? They barely got past the Cards.
Other than winning the World Series in a sweep, they kinda sucked.

mike3775



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Indiana USA
Posts: 17634
Status: 
Offline
lobo316 wrote:
Were the Giants really that good ? They barely got past the Cards.

They also barely managed to get by Cincinnati as well. But they did win those games that mattered.

That's like saying the 2004 Red Sox were not any good, as they barely got by the Yankees, even though they are still the only team in MLB to ever come back from 0-3 to win a best of 7

Chrisstlouis

 

Joined: Thu Jun 11th, 2009
Location:  
Posts: 2397
Status: 
Offline
does best teams win or hottest?

mike3775



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Indiana USA
Posts: 17634
Status: 
Offline
Chrisstlouis wrote:
does best teams win or hottest?

Combination of both. The best teams get hot when it matters

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
The Giants overcame a ton of adversity this season. Closer Brian Wilson out for the year. Melky Cabrera suspended 50 games for using performance enhancing drugs. Tim Lincecum having a sub par season until he was moved to the bullpen. I give manager Bruce Bochy a ton of credit. 

Benlen



Joined: Sun Oct 21st, 2007
Location: Milpitas, California USA
Posts: 13177
Status: 
Offline
clawmaster wrote:
The Giants overcame a ton of adversity this season. Closer Brian Wilson out for the year. Melky Cabrera suspended 50 games for using performance enhancing drugs. Tim Lincecum having a sub par season until he was moved to the bullpen. I give manager Bruce Bochy a ton of credit. 

I kinda blame Bochy a little for Lincecum's poor season.
He wanted Posey to rest a bit so he sent him to the bench or first base. Hector Sanchez ended up catching Lincecum and Sanchez is the worst defensive I have seen in a long time. I am also betting Sanchez's pitch calling isn't that great either.

mike3775



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Indiana USA
Posts: 17634
Status: 
Offline
Benlen wrote: clawmaster wrote:
The Giants overcame a ton of adversity this season. Closer Brian Wilson out for the year. Melky Cabrera suspended 50 games for using performance enhancing drugs. Tim Lincecum having a sub par season until he was moved to the bullpen. I give manager Bruce Bochy a ton of credit. 

I kinda blame Bochy a little for Lincecum's poor season.
He wanted Posey to rest a bit so he sent him to the bench or first base. Hector Sanchez ended up catching Lincecum and Sanchez is the worst defensive I have seen in a long time. I am also betting Sanchez's pitch calling isn't that great either.
Lincecum was horrible from the start of the season though, even before Bochy started shifting Posey around.

Lincecum's mechanics were way off at the start and it seemed he really never attempted to fix them until after the all star game.

Benlen



Joined: Sun Oct 21st, 2007
Location: Milpitas, California USA
Posts: 13177
Status: 
Offline
mike3775 wrote:
Benlen wrote: clawmaster wrote:
The Giants overcame a ton of adversity this season. Closer Brian Wilson out for the year. Melky Cabrera suspended 50 games for using performance enhancing drugs. Tim Lincecum having a sub par season until he was moved to the bullpen. I give manager Bruce Bochy a ton of credit. 

I kinda blame Bochy a little for Lincecum's poor season.
He wanted Posey to rest a bit so he sent him to the bench or first base. Hector Sanchez ended up catching Lincecum and Sanchez is the worst defensive I have seen in a long time. I am also betting Sanchez's pitch calling isn't that great either.
Lincecum was horrible from the start of the season though, even before Bochy started shifting Posey around.

Lincecum's mechanics were way off at the start and it seemed he really never attempted to fix them until after the all star game.
He was waaaaay too skinny at the start of the season. He cut out his daily IN and Out burger ritual and started the season at 147 pounds. But Posey would have had a better chance of spotting any issues than Hector Sanchez. Sanchez was a pass ball machine and Lincecum balls dive hard into the ground.

mike3775



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Indiana USA
Posts: 17634
Status: 
Offline
Benlen wrote:
mike3775 wrote:
Benlen wrote: clawmaster wrote:
The Giants overcame a ton of adversity this season. Closer Brian Wilson out for the year. Melky Cabrera suspended 50 games for using performance enhancing drugs. Tim Lincecum having a sub par season until he was moved to the bullpen. I give manager Bruce Bochy a ton of credit. 

I kinda blame Bochy a little for Lincecum's poor season.
He wanted Posey to rest a bit so he sent him to the bench or first base. Hector Sanchez ended up catching Lincecum and Sanchez is the worst defensive I have seen in a long time. I am also betting Sanchez's pitch calling isn't that great either.
Lincecum was horrible from the start of the season though, even before Bochy started shifting Posey around.

Lincecum's mechanics were way off at the start and it seemed he really never attempted to fix them until after the all star game.
He was waaaaay too skinny at the start of the season. He cut out his daily IN and Out burger ritual and started the season at 147 pounds. But Posey would have had a better chance of spotting any issues than Hector Sanchez. Sanchez was a pass ball machine and Lincecum balls dive hard into the ground.


Well Lincecum was told to,lay off his weed as well, which would explain the weight loss



UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems