WowBB Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > General Discussion > Kid on "Two and a Half Men" Tell Fans Show is "Filth" and to Stop Watching

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Kid on "Two and a Half Men" Tell Fans Show is "Filth" and to Stop Watching  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Tue Nov 27th, 2012 09:26 pm
  PM Quote Reply
16th Post
Count Grog
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Sun Oct 21st, 2007
Location: Fuquay Varina, NC, USA
Posts: 15603
Status: 
Offline
they can marry off Alan to Courtney Thorn Smith who has a son who was Jakes buddy and he could be the half man, that or they find a baby, I say send Jake off to war where he is killed by friendly fire. 



____________________
Most people don't care if you're telling them the truth or if you're telling them a lie, as long as they're entertained by it. - Tom Waits

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Nov 28th, 2012 12:02 am
  PM Quote Reply
17th Post
KGB

 

Joined: Wed Jul 4th, 2012
Location:  
Posts: 1207
Status: 
Offline
If he would just develop a coke habit and go on a series of drunken benders with hookers, while publicly bashing the show, he'd get his release. 

And he's right, the show is filth.  Unfunny filth, which is even more inexcusable. 



____________________
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Nov 28th, 2012 12:04 am
  PM Quote Reply
18th Post
mike3775



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Indiana USA
Posts: 17634
Status: 
Offline
Portalesman wrote:
mike3775 wrote:
martini wrote:
mike3775 wrote: If he wants off the show that bad, QUIT. Simple as that

If I'm not mistaken, he has few options since he has a contract that goes through next year, which he claimed was signed prior to his recent religious changes.

He's went through a change in life and the show doesn't match up with his beliefs anymore. I can respect that.

I see his speaking out as attempting to get canned and out of the deal.



I have quit jobs even though the pay was good, because I felt unsafe working there, quote]

Unsafe? Were you wearing a sandwich board in Harlem while ringing a bell or were you building skyscrapers without a safety harness? The word "unsafe" is one of those words that chicks throw out when shit doesnt go their way. Tell me about the "unsafe" job you quit.


I worked at a factory that made various types of filters, and when they came off the machines, they were in rolls that weighed around 50-75 lbs, and I had to take them via forklift from the line to storage, but the storage area's were just wide enough to fit a forklift with the 10-12 roll capable basket so to unload them, you had to raise the forks and then walk underneath the load, which anyone knows, is not a safe thing to do. I was always complaining about that, and when my boss said to do it or quit. I quit. Sure enough, a week later, a forklift blew its hydraulic lines while someone was below the cage.

The company paid a huge settlement to the family and a fine to the state.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Nov 28th, 2012 12:13 am
  PM Quote Reply
19th Post
thunderbolt
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Manhattan Beach, California USA
Posts: 6205
Status: 
Offline
Ask Kim Basinger how easy it is to quit when you are under contract in the entertainment industry. "Quit" results in this kid pay out $, fired probably results in him getting a stipulated severance. 

Shelly Long and David Caruso pulled similar power plays when they thought they were feature film stars. 



____________________
The kind of man who wants the government to adopt and enforce his ideas is always the kind of man whose ideas are idiotic. ~ HL Mencken
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Nov 28th, 2012 12:23 am
  PM Quote Reply
20th Post
CanadianHorseman



Joined: Fri Nov 2nd, 2007
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia Canada
Posts: 14026
Status: 
Offline
Reaction From CBS

After publicly urging viewers to boycott the show that pays him US$350,000 per episode, teenage Two and a Half Men star Angus T. Jones won’t be seen in the final two episodes being filmed before the show shuts down for Christmas hiatus.

However, according to The Hollywood Reporter, sources say Jones’ absence actually has nothing to do with the actor’s religion-fueled rant, as his character (who is in the army) wasn’t scheduled to appear in those episodes.

Meanwhile, there has yet to be any public statement from Warner Bros. (which produces the show) and Two and a Half Men creator Chuck Lorre in response to Jones’ comments, in which he called the show “filth” and urged people not to watch.

Meanwhile, Entertainment Weekly is reporting that Jones’ actions may have placed him in breach of contract, since most Hollywood contracts between actors and studios include “disparagement clauses” that prohibit stars from publicly bashing the shows in which they appear.



____________________
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Nov 28th, 2012 01:13 am
  PM Quote Reply
21st Post
martini
Sunny's White Knight


Joined: Fri Aug 13th, 2010
Location:  
Posts: 3898
Status: 
Offline
mike3775 wrote: martini wrote:
mike3775 wrote: If he wants off the show that bad, QUIT. Simple as that

If I'm not mistaken, he has few options since he has a contract that goes through next year, which he claimed was signed prior to his recent religious changes.

He's went through a change in life and the show doesn't match up with his beliefs anymore. I can respect that.

I see his speaking out as attempting to get canned and out of the deal.


If he feels that strong, he would quit. But no, the money is the deciding factor.

Contract or not, all that would happen is that he not get paid and not be able to work anywhere in Hollywood until it runs out, but it is Hollywood, where they have to be total fuckwads to not get work, which explains why Lindsey Lohan and Mel Gibson still get work even with their issues, along with Charlie Sheen

I have quit jobs even though the pay was good, because I felt unsafe working there, but unlike this kid, I actually believed in what I was saying and doing and didn't let money decide for me.(incidentally a week after I quit, the guy who replaced me, died at work when the unsafe issue I kept bringing up finally happened)

The problem is the contract issue.

Breach of contract lawsuits in Hollywood between major entertainment companies and disgruntled artists that walk off are not unheard of.

I would suggest his not quitting is sound legal advice from his attorneys.

Unfortunately, some of what he's said may be breach of contract. I doubt a case that weak could be taken to court. If he quit, though, it would certainly be an easy breach case for Lorre.

If they fire him, it's one thing. If he quits, they can sue for damage he has done to a show that is worth millions of dollars in current episodes and in syndication.

Comparing any job you've ever had to this situation is apples to oranges.

Last edited on Wed Nov 28th, 2012 01:15 am by martini



____________________
Shaken, but not stirred.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Nov 28th, 2012 01:39 am
  PM Quote Reply
22nd Post
mike3775



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Indiana USA
Posts: 17634
Status: 
Offline
martini wrote:
mike3775 wrote: martini wrote:
mike3775 wrote: If he wants off the show that bad, QUIT. Simple as that

If I'm not mistaken, he has few options since he has a contract that goes through next year, which he claimed was signed prior to his recent religious changes.

He's went through a change in life and the show doesn't match up with his beliefs anymore. I can respect that.

I see his speaking out as attempting to get canned and out of the deal.


If he feels that strong, he would quit. But no, the money is the deciding factor.

Contract or not, all that would happen is that he not get paid and not be able to work anywhere in Hollywood until it runs out, but it is Hollywood, where they have to be total fuckwads to not get work, which explains why Lindsey Lohan and Mel Gibson still get work even with their issues, along with Charlie Sheen

I have quit jobs even though the pay was good, because I felt unsafe working there, but unlike this kid, I actually believed in what I was saying and doing and didn't let money decide for me.(incidentally a week after I quit, the guy who replaced me, died at work when the unsafe issue I kept bringing up finally happened)

The problem is the contract issue.

Breach of contract lawsuits in Hollywood between major entertainment companies and disgruntled artists that walk off are not unheard of.

I would suggest his not quitting is sound legal advice from his attorneys.

Unfortunately, some of what he's said may be breach of contract. I doubt a case that weak could be taken to court. If he quit, though, it would certainly be an easy breach case for Lorre.

If they fire him, it's one thing. If he quits, they can sue for damage he has done to a show that is worth millions of dollars in current episodes and in syndication.

Comparing any job you've ever had to this situation is apples to oranges.


Hehas no balls. So he is in breach and loses money. The show has to prove that they will lose as much as they will claim as well, which is not true, as DVD sales will not be impacted if he quit, along with syndication, because they are not even selling the non Sheen eps in syndication and probably will not until the show ends either, so they will not lose 1 cent with him quitting.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Nov 28th, 2012 02:20 am
  PM Quote Reply
23rd Post
carpetbeggar
The Ayatollah Of Rock And Rolla


Joined: Sun Oct 21st, 2007
Location: Dangling From A Rope Of...CONFETTI!!!
Posts: 11774
Status: 
Online
CanadianHorseman wrote: Reaction From CBS

After publicly urging viewers to boycott the show that pays him US$350,000 per episode, teenage Two and a Half Men star Angus T. Jones won’t be seen in the final two episodes being filmed before the show shuts down for Christmas hiatus.

However, according to The Hollywood Reporter, sources say Jones’ absence actually has nothing to do with the actor’s religion-fueled rant, as his character (who is in the army) wasn’t scheduled to appear in those episodes.

Meanwhile, there has yet to be any public statement from Warner Bros. (which produces the show) and Two and a Half Men creator Chuck Lorre in response to Jones’ comments, in which he called the show “filth” and urged people not to watch.

Meanwhile, Entertainment Weekly is reporting that Jones’ actions may have placed him in breach of contract, since most Hollywood contracts between actors and studios include “disparagement clauses” that prohibit stars from publicly bashing the shows in which they appear.

So basically in a nutshell CBS hasn't given a reaction yet. It just took whatever media outlet you got that above article from (no link) 4 paragraphs to say CBS hasn't responded yet after titling the article "Reaction From CBS."
In fairness that may just have been what C-H called it and not the actual title of the clip.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Nov 28th, 2012 05:38 am
  PM Quote Reply
24th Post
martini
Sunny's White Knight


Joined: Fri Aug 13th, 2010
Location:  
Posts: 3898
Status: 
Offline
mike3775 wrote: martini wrote:
mike3775 wrote: martini wrote:
mike3775 wrote: If he wants off the show that bad, QUIT. Simple as that

If I'm not mistaken, he has few options since he has a contract that goes through next year, which he claimed was signed prior to his recent religious changes.

He's went through a change in life and the show doesn't match up with his beliefs anymore. I can respect that.

I see his speaking out as attempting to get canned and out of the deal.


If he feels that strong, he would quit. But no, the money is the deciding factor.

Contract or not, all that would happen is that he not get paid and not be able to work anywhere in Hollywood until it runs out, but it is Hollywood, where they have to be total fuckwads to not get work, which explains why Lindsey Lohan and Mel Gibson still get work even with their issues, along with Charlie Sheen

I have quit jobs even though the pay was good, because I felt unsafe working there, but unlike this kid, I actually believed in what I was saying and doing and didn't let money decide for me.(incidentally a week after I quit, the guy who replaced me, died at work when the unsafe issue I kept bringing up finally happened)

The problem is the contract issue.

Breach of contract lawsuits in Hollywood between major entertainment companies and disgruntled artists that walk off are not unheard of.

I would suggest his not quitting is sound legal advice from his attorneys.

Unfortunately, some of what he's said may be breach of contract. I doubt a case that weak could be taken to court. If he quit, though, it would certainly be an easy breach case for Lorre.

If they fire him, it's one thing. If he quits, they can sue for damage he has done to a show that is worth millions of dollars in current episodes and in syndication.

Comparing any job you've ever had to this situation is apples to oranges.


Hehas no balls. So he is in breach and loses money. The show has to prove that they will lose as much as they will claim as well, which is not true, as DVD sales will not be impacted if he quit, along with syndication, because they are not even selling the non Sheen eps in syndication and probably will not until the show ends either, so they will not lose 1 cent with him quitting.

It would be easy to prove that by a series regular leaving the show that he was A) in breach of contract and B) revenue was lost.

One would have to be out of their mind to think that allowing a cast regular to quit would not have an effect on A) ratings, B) advertising, C) DVD revenue (past and present seasons) and/or syndication and D) the program's ability to continue on.

All four of those reasons make for a great argument as to why quitting could turn into a studio witch hunt against this young man. Even if they couldn't get a win on the breach accusation, the studio could certainly tie the suit up in court an force Jones' to waste much money on just attorney fees, etc.

As for syndication, I'm not certain where you've gotten your information because I've already watched some of the non-Sheen episodes from last season in syndication.

So, both of your points are invalid.

Once again, the reason he hasn't quit the show appears to be for fear of a breach of contract suit.

They'll eventually come to a deal to release him from his last season and it'll be over.

Last edited on Wed Nov 28th, 2012 05:50 am by martini



____________________
Shaken, but not stirred.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Nov 28th, 2012 05:50 am
  PM Quote Reply
25th Post
CanadianHorseman



Joined: Fri Nov 2nd, 2007
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia Canada
Posts: 14026
Status: 
Offline
carpetbeggar wrote:
CanadianHorseman wrote: Reaction From CBS

After publicly urging viewers to boycott the show that pays him US$350,000 per episode, teenage Two and a Half Men star Angus T. Jones won’t be seen in the final two episodes being filmed before the show shuts down for Christmas hiatus.

However, according to The Hollywood Reporter, sources say Jones’ absence actually has nothing to do with the actor’s religion-fueled rant, as his character (who is in the army) wasn’t scheduled to appear in those episodes.

Meanwhile, there has yet to be any public statement from Warner Bros. (which produces the show) and Two and a Half Men creator Chuck Lorre in response to Jones’ comments, in which he called the show “filth” and urged people not to watch.

Meanwhile, Entertainment Weekly is reporting that Jones’ actions may have placed him in breach of contract, since most Hollywood contracts between actors and studios include “disparagement clauses” that prohibit stars from publicly bashing the shows in which they appear.

So basically in a nutshell CBS hasn't given a reaction yet. It just took whatever media outlet you got that above article from (no link) 4 paragraphs to say CBS hasn't responded yet after titling the article "Reaction From CBS."
In fairness that may just have been what C-H called it and not the actual title of the clip.


I called it a " reaction " from CBS because I'm calling BS on this part:

However, according to The Hollywood Reporter, sources say Jones’ absence actually has nothing to do with the actor’s religion-fueled rant, as his character (who is in the army) wasn’t scheduled to appear in those episodes.


I'm thinking that's what they have to say before figuring out all the legalities involved with either writing him out for a few shows or out for good.



____________________
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Nov 28th, 2012 05:54 am
  PM Quote Reply
26th Post
martini
Sunny's White Knight


Joined: Fri Aug 13th, 2010
Location:  
Posts: 3898
Status: 
Offline
Here is the actual latest...... It comes from CBSNews.com

NEW YORK — Teenage actor Angus T. Jones of the comedy "Two and a Half Men" apologized Tuesday for a series of interviews denouncing his own show, an episode that has rivaled former colleague Charlie Sheen's meltdown as an off-screen oddity.
Speaking to religious media outlets, the 19-year-old Jones has called the CBS comedy "filth" and "very inappropriate" and talked about how his religious awakening has affected his attitude toward life and work.
"Two and a Half Men," television's third most popular comedy, remains heavy on sexual innuendo even with Ashton Kutcher replacing bad-boy Sheen following his firing for drug use and a subsequent public meltdown. Jones, who started on the show when he was 10, plays Jake Harper, son of the uptight character portrayed by Emmy winner Jon Cryer.
In a statement issued late Tuesday, Jones said he had the highest regard for all of the people he has worked with on the comedy, including creator Chuck Lorre and Warner Bros. studio chief Peter Roth.
"I apologize if my remarks reflect me showing indifference to and disrespect of my colleagues and a lack of appreciation of the extraordinary opportunity of which I have been blessed," said Jones, who reportedly makes $350,000 an episode. "I never intended that."
Jones wasn't at the studio lot for a rehearsal on Tuesday. He's not scheduled to appear on the two episodes that are being filmed before the end of the year, said a person close to the show who spoke on condition of anonymity because Warner Bros. and CBS haven't commented publicly on Jones. His character has recently joined the Army and his airtime has been cut down.
His real-life adventure came to light on Monday, when he said in a video posted by the Forerunner Chronicles in Seale, Ala., featured him talking about not wanting to be on "Two and a Half Men" anymore.
"Please stop watching it," Jones said. "Please stop filling your head with filth."
In a radio broadcast, "The Voice of Prophecy," recorded for the Seventh-day Adventist Church on Jones' birthday in October, Jones described his religious path. He has been attending a Seventh-day Adventist Church in the Los Angeles area.
Jones said he felt drawn to God after a tough time in his life when his parents were going through a divorce and he experimented with drugs.
"I never drank," he said. "That was one thing God protected me from, and I'm still a virgin. God protected me from those things." Jones said that "it's very weird that I'm on a television show, especially now that I am trying to walk with God. My television show has nothing to do with God and doesn't want anything to do with God."
Still, he said he had no plans to get out of his contract.
In another interview posted on Tuesday with Christianity Today, Jones described himself as a "paid hypocrite."
"Even though it's my job to be an actor, I have given my life to God," he said. "I am very comfortable and firm in that, but I still have to be on this show. It's the No. 1 comedy, but it's very inappropriate and the themes are very inappropriate. I have to be this person I am not."
"Two and a Half Men," which has seen its ratings tumble this fall with a move to Thursdays, is now behind "The Big Bang Theory" and "Modern Family" in the comedy ratings.



____________________
Shaken, but not stirred.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Nov 28th, 2012 08:19 am
  PM Quote Reply
27th Post
CanadianHorseman



Joined: Fri Nov 2nd, 2007
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia Canada
Posts: 14026
Status: 
Offline
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

It's the No. 1 comedy, but it's very inappropriate and the themes are very inappropriate. I have to be this person I am not."




:shock: It's called acting you dumb f*ck.



____________________
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Nov 28th, 2012 11:29 am
  PM Quote Reply
28th Post
The Hammer



Joined: Sat Nov 17th, 2007
Location: A Trailer Park Near You, North Carolina USA
Posts: 4518
Status: 
Offline
Don't look now but Jake has issued a public apology. It sounds like a publicists words though.


'Two and a Half Men' actor apologizesBy DAVID BAUDER | Associated Press – 7 hrs ago


NEW YORK (AP) — Teenage actor Angus T. Jones of the comedy "Two and a Half Men" apologized Tuesday for a series of interviews denouncing his own show, an episode that has rivaled former colleague Charlie Sheen's meltdown as an off-screen oddity.
Speaking to religious media outlets, the 19-year-old Jones has called the CBS comedy "filth" and "very inappropriate" and talked about how his religious awakening has affected his attitude toward life and work.
"Two and a Half Men," television's third most popular comedy, remains heavy on sexual innuendo even with Ashton Kutcher replacing bad-boy Sheen following his firing for drug use and a subsequent public meltdown. Jones, who started on the show when he was 10, plays Jake Harper, son of the uptight character portrayed by Emmy winner Jon Cryer.
In a statement issued late Tuesday, Jones said he had the highest regard for all of the people he has worked with on the comedy, including creator Chuck Lorre and Warner Bros. studio chief Peter Roth.
"I apologize if my remarks reflect me showing indifference to and disrespect of my colleagues and a lack of appreciation of the extraordinary opportunity of which I have been blessed," said Jones, who reportedly makes $350,000 an episode. "I never intended that."
Jones wasn't at the studio lot for a rehearsal on Tuesday. He's not scheduled to appear on the two episodes that are being filmed before the end of the year, said a person close to the show who spoke on condition of anonymity because Warner Bros. and CBS haven't commented publicly on Jones. His character has recently joined the Army and his airtime has been cut down.
His real-life adventure came to light on Monday, when he said in a video posted by the Forerunner Chronicles in Seale, Ala., featured him talking about not wanting to be on "Two and a Half Men" anymore.
"Please stop watching it," Jones said. "Please stop filling your head with filth."
In a radio broadcast, "The Voice of Prophecy," recorded for the Seventh-day Adventist Church on Jones' birthday in October, Jones described his religious path. He has been attending a Seventh-day Adventist Church in the Los Angeles area.
Jones said he felt drawn to God after a tough time in his life when his parents were going through a divorce and he experimented with drugs.
"I never drank," he said. "That was one thing God protected me from, and I'm still a virgin. God protected me from those things."
Jones said that "it's very weird that I'm on a television show, especially now that I am trying to walk with God. My television show has nothing to do with God and doesn't want anything to do with God." Still, he said he had no plans to get out of his contract.
In another interview posted on Tuesday with Christianity Today, Jones described himself as a "paid hypocrite."
"Even though it's my job to be an actor, I have given my life to God," he said. "I am very comfortable and firm in that, but I still have to be on this show. It's the No. 1 comedy, but it's very inappropriate and the themes are very inappropriate. I have to be this person I am not."
"Two and a Half Men," which has seen its ratings tumble this fall with a move to Thursdays, is now behind "The Big Bang Theory" and "Modern Family" in the comedy ratings



____________________
"God bless Little Jimmy, and God bless the United States of America" R-Truth

"Do I want an Ice Cream Bar with my name on it? Your Damn Right!!" CM Punk



Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Nov 28th, 2012 12:18 pm
  PM Quote Reply
29th Post
mike3775



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Indiana USA
Posts: 17634
Status: 
Offline
One would have to be out of their mind to think that allowing a cast regular to quit would not have an effect on A) ratings, B) advertising, C) DVD revenue (past and present seasons) and/or syndication and D) the program's ability to continue on.

Except according to Grog, he has not been a regular anymore.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Nov 28th, 2012 12:54 pm
  PM Quote Reply
30th Post
bpickering
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Tue Nov 13th, 2007
Location: Highspire, Pennsylvania USA
Posts: 17867
Status: 
Offline
mike3775 wrote: One would have to be out of their mind to think that allowing a cast regular to quit would not have an effect on A) ratings, B) advertising, C) DVD revenue (past and present seasons) and/or syndication and D) the program's ability to continue on.

Except according to Grog, he has not been a regular anymore.

According to reports in not due on the set till sometime next year because Jake joined the Army and I guess in Boot camp.



____________________
"22 years of my fucking life just got fucking ruined!!!!"---Fan outside Wrestlemania XXX

PRO WRESTLING HALL OF FAME: http://www.angelfire.com/pa5/old (updated September 2 2018)

RIP UNITED STATES OF AMERICA 1776-2016
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Current time is 02:48 am Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  Next Page Last Page    
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > General Discussion > Kid on "Two and a Half Men" Tell Fans Show is "Filth" and to Stop Watching Top




UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems