WowBB Forums Home 

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi  
AuthorPost
convoy71



Joined: Sat Jun 7th, 2008
Location: Pennsylvania USA
Posts: 578
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Even if you've been to conventions or lucky enough to meet at arenas, is there a living wrestler you'd wanna meet you haven'nt.

Single: Bruno Sammartino
Tag Team: Ricky Morton & Robert Gibson

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48214
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Single: Nick Bockwinkel

Tag Team: This is a much harder pick. So many great tag team wrestlers dead. Terry Funk & Dory Funk, Jr. 

HBF



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Atlanta, Georgia USA
Posts: 17841
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Tito. I'd love to ask him about you.

Principal_Raditch



Joined: Mon Feb 18th, 2008
Location:  
Posts: 7279
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Lord Azteca and Edouardo Miguel Perez.

Last edited on Fri Dec 7th, 2012 04:44 am by Principal_Raditch

Chitown Rich

 

Joined: Mon Aug 25th, 2008
Location:  
Posts: 840
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Single Dusty Rhodes

Tag Team Blackjacks Lanza and Mulligan

srossi
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 55177
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
If I had a last wish, it wouldn't be to meet a wrestler.

Road Warrior Yajuta



Joined: Sat Jul 3rd, 2010
Location: D'Iberville, Ms, USA
Posts: 4765
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Single: Animal(wish I could have meet the Warriors before Hawk passed)

Tag Team: Arn Anderson&Tully Blanchard


Road Warrior Yajuta



Joined: Sat Jul 3rd, 2010
Location: D'Iberville, Ms, USA
Posts: 4765
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
srossi wrote: If I had a last wish, it wouldn't be to meet a wrestler.

stone2k



Joined: Mon Nov 29th, 2010
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts USA
Posts: 8929
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
To actually talk to and not just get a autograph...

Singles...Chris Jericho

Tag Team.. Sabu and RVD (I kinda met RVD and SABU... got RVD's autograph outside Hampton Beach Casino, NH at the tail end of the OG ECW, but only RVD signed, SABU just said "Lets go" while diving into the drivers seat... was disappointed to hear him speak at the time... lol)

... would really also like to talk with Michael PS Hayes, but not sure which catagory to put him into now since he is last of my all time favorites, the Freebirds.


Last edited on Fri Dec 7th, 2012 09:14 am by stone2k

convoy71



Joined: Sat Jun 7th, 2008
Location: Pennsylvania USA
Posts: 578
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
srossi wrote:
If I had a last wish, it wouldn't be to meet a wrestler.


thats besides the point, but since we primarily discuss wrestling...

Portalesman
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 7884
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
convoy71 wrote:
srossi wrote:
If I had a last wish, it wouldn't be to meet a wrestler.


thats besides the point, but since we primarily discuss wrestling...


Yup.

Hymie Itsu



Joined: Mon Oct 10th, 2011
Location: Birthplace Of Dean Martin
Posts: 3170
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Singles: Austin Idol (DoA would have been Mitsuharu Misawa)

Tag Team: Ole and Arn Anderson (DoA would have been Gordy and Hayes)

Kriss
Citizen of nowhere


Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 8735
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Wrestler - Dusty Rhodes

Tag Team - the Funk brothers

Superstar
'18-'19 POTY, 1st Ballot HOFer


Joined: Thu Jan 31st, 2008
Location: Pee Pee Township, Ohio USA
Posts: 6872
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
A lot of the guys mentioned here do conventions, and can be met just for the price of admission.  Much like the baseball and football players at card shows, the older they are the more likely you are to be able to meet them without driving far.  Guys I'd like to see will never hit the convention circuit:  Austin, Rock, HHH, and Undertaker.  I've met Flair, Shawn Michaels, Funk, Hennig, Jericho.  It was cool to meet Hennig, he was at our local golf course playing a round of golf.  I got there at 6:45AM to get a tee time for that afternoon and he'd already played the front nine.  I was, amazingly, wearing my only wrestling shirt that I had ever owned up to that point:  Badstreet USA, bought it at a WCW show at the Meadowlands.  I passed him on my way and knew it was him but didn't know what to say - looked right at him and he said "Badstreet?  You're lost, you should be in Atlanta!".  I laughed and said "how are you doing?"  He said "better than you", then laughed and said "have a good round".

mike3775



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Indiana USA
Posts: 17609
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
convoy71 wrote: srossi wrote:
If I had a last wish, it wouldn't be to meet a wrestler.


thats besides the point, but since we primarily discuss wrestling...
wow, srossi smacked down by convoy


Single:  Greg Valentine

Tag Team: Arn Anderson and Tully Blanchard


I met the Rock N Roll Express in a bar years ago and Ricky was cool as hell, but Robert was a prick that told fans to buzz off.



indikator

 

Joined: Fri Jan 23rd, 2009
Location: Bratenwender City, Germany
Posts: 2592
Status: 
Online
Mana: 
srossi wrote:
If I had a last wish, it be Chris Jericho because he does hair metal.

yellowdog



Joined: Fri Mar 5th, 2010
Location: New Bern, North Carolina USA
Posts: 3835
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
clawmaster wrote: Single: Nick Bockwinkel

Tag Team: This is a much harder pick. So many great tag team wrestlers dead. Terry Funk & Dory Funk, Jr. 

if you go to CAC this year chances are you could have breakfast with Nick and Terry.  You certainly could have a lengthy conversation with them.  Both are very fan friendly

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48214
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
yellowdog wrote: clawmaster wrote: Single: Nick Bockwinkel

Tag Team: This is a much harder pick. So many great tag team wrestlers dead. Terry Funk & Dory Funk, Jr. 

if you go to CAC this year chances are you could have breakfast with Nick and Terry.  You certainly could have a lengthy conversation with them.  Both are very fan friendly

Trust me I know. I don't do Vegas. Don't trust myself there. 20+ years alcohol free. I tend to stay away from places that might tempt me too much. Vegas is definitely one of those places. 

yellowdog



Joined: Fri Mar 5th, 2010
Location: New Bern, North Carolina USA
Posts: 3835
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
clawmaster wrote: yellowdog wrote: clawmaster wrote: Single: Nick Bockwinkel

Tag Team: This is a much harder pick. So many great tag team wrestlers dead. Terry Funk & Dory Funk, Jr. 

if you go to CAC this year chances are you could have breakfast with Nick and Terry.  You certainly could have a lengthy conversation with them.  Both are very fan friendly

Trust me I know. I don't do Vegas. Don't trust myself there. 20+ years alcohol free. I tend to stay away from places that might tempt me too much. Vegas is definitely one of those places. 

I admire your will power.  Certainly understand why you wouldn't want to be tempted.  We keep trying toconvince the Board to have the reunion someplace else.  There'd be a different group of boys showing up too if it was in a place like Chicago, Memphis, St Louis, Charlotte, Atlanta, Orlando, Dallas, Minneapolis, among other strong wrestling areas.  Certainly wouldn't hurt fan attendance  either

indikator

 

Joined: Fri Jan 23rd, 2009
Location: Bratenwender City, Germany
Posts: 2592
Status: 
Online
Mana: 
How likely is it that such a event outside Las Vegas could be set up (maybe with the help of Greg Price?) ?

yellowdog



Joined: Fri Mar 5th, 2010
Location: New Bern, North Carolina USA
Posts: 3835
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
I'm not sure where Greg's head is right now considering he cancelled the Reunion here planned for last August.  I haven't talked to him since then, but Grog has.  Maybe he can shed a little light.

Portalesman
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 7884
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
yellowdog wrote:
I'm not sure where Greg's head is right now considering he cancelled the Reunion here planned for last August.  I haven't talked to him since then, but Grog has.  Maybe he can shed a little light.

Im sure he got tired of losing money and putting up with whiney shit head rasslin fans and theiving lying shit head rasslers.

The whole thing'd be a nightmare IMO.

cdewar19

 

Joined: Mon Feb 22nd, 2010
Location: In The Ruins Of CanadInns Stadium, Manitoba Canada
Posts: 1639
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Single: My face between Stacy Kiebler's legs

Tag team: My face between Velvet Sky and Lacey Von Erich's tittays.

khawk
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 17182
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
cdewar19 wrote: Single: My face between Stacy Kiebler's legs

Tag team: My face between Velvet Sky and Lacey Von Erich's tittays.

WINNER

Portalesman
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 7884
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
cdewar19 wrote:
Single: My face between Stacy Kiebler's legs

Tag team: My face between Velvet Sky and Lacey Von Erich's tittays.


What if you were hanging out with your internet friends?

cdewar19

 

Joined: Mon Feb 22nd, 2010
Location: In The Ruins Of CanadInns Stadium, Manitoba Canada
Posts: 1639
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Portalesman wrote: cdewar19 wrote:
Single: My face between Stacy Kiebler's legs

Tag team: My face between Velvet Sky and Lacey Von Erich's tittays.


What if you were hanging out with your internet friends?

You could buy Travlr a drink and discuss ways I would fuck it up.

Portalesman
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 7884
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
cdewar19 wrote:
Portalesman wrote: cdewar19 wrote:
Single: My face between Stacy Kiebler's legs

Tag team: My face between Velvet Sky and Lacey Von Erich's tittays.


What if you were hanging out with your internet friends?

You could buy Travlr a drink and discuss ways I would fuck it up.


Im pretty sure me and Travlr already discussed a similar situation you were involved in.

Count Grog
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Sun Oct 21st, 2007
Location: Fuquay Varina, NC, USA
Posts: 15704
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
cdewar19 wrote:
Single: My face between Stacy Kiebler's legs

Tag team: My face between Velvet Sky and Lacey Von Erich's tittays.


I agree

cdewar19

 

Joined: Mon Feb 22nd, 2010
Location: In The Ruins Of CanadInns Stadium, Manitoba Canada
Posts: 1639
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Portalesman wrote: cdewar19 wrote:
Portalesman wrote: cdewar19 wrote:
Single: My face between Stacy Kiebler's legs

Tag team: My face between Velvet Sky and Lacey Von Erich's tittays.


What if you were hanging out with your internet friends?

You could buy Travlr a drink and discuss ways I would fuck it up.


Im pretty sure me and Travlr already discussed a similar situation you were involved in.


OTL's going to be pissed that you got him and Travlr mixed up....

broke



Joined: Tue Jan 22nd, 2008
Location: Bolton, ON
Posts: 3362
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
cdewar19 wrote:
Portalesman wrote: cdewar19 wrote:
Single: My face between Stacy Kiebler's legs

Tag team: My face between Velvet Sky and Lacey Von Erich's tittays.


What if you were hanging out with your internet friends?

You could buy Travlr a drink and discuss ways I would fuck it up.


"nah, I'd rather play Bingo"

Portalesman
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 7884
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Portalesman wrote:
cdewar19 wrote:
Portalesman wrote: cdewar19 wrote:
Single: My face between Stacy Kiebler's legs

Tag team: My face between Velvet Sky and Lacey Von Erich's tittays.


What if you were hanging out with your internet friends?

You could buy Travlr a drink and discuss ways I would fuck it up.


Im pretty sure me and Travlr already discussed a similar situation you were involved in.


Eh. They look alike. They might as well be chinamen.

Benlen



Joined: Sun Oct 21st, 2007
Location: Milpitas, California USA
Posts: 14188
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
mike3775 wrote:


Single:  Greg Valentine





I met Valentine. He was kinda "standoffish"

Ultimark



Joined: Sun Oct 28th, 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 6933
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
srossi wrote:
If I had a last wish, it wouldn't be to meet a wrestler.


Maybe we can get Kate Upton into a Wrestlemania and then she would qualify.

Ultimark



Joined: Sun Oct 28th, 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 6933
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Benlen wrote:
mike3775 wrote:


Single:  Greg Valentine





I met Valentine. He was kinda "standoffish"


I met him at a gym 18 years or so ago and had the same experience. I worked out at a Gold's Gym where a lot of the wrestler's would go before the Philly shows.

khawk
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 17182
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Ultimark wrote:
Benlen wrote:
mike3775 wrote:


Single:  Greg Valentine





I met Valentine. He was kinda "standoffish"


I met him at a gym 18 years or so ago and had the same experience. I worked out at a Gold's Gym where a lot of the wrestler's would go before the Philly shows.


A friend of mine met him in Hawaii a couple of decades ago and said he couldn't have been nicer. He got a bunch of pictures with him too.

Ultimark



Joined: Sun Oct 28th, 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 6933
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
khawk wrote:
Ultimark wrote:
Benlen wrote:
mike3775 wrote:


Single:  Greg Valentine





I met Valentine. He was kinda "standoffish"


I met him at a gym 18 years or so ago and had the same experience. I worked out at a Gold's Gym where a lot of the wrestler's would go before the Philly shows.


A friend of mine met him in Hawaii a couple of decades ago and said he couldn't have been nicer. He got a bunch of pictures with him too.


Probably just depended on the day. Like most people.



UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems