WowBB Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Pro Wrestling > Give Me Some Ideas For "The Undertaker's Last Match"

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Give Me Some Ideas For "The Undertaker's Last Match"  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sun Apr 21st, 2013 09:51 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
beejmi
The Big Kahuna


Joined: Sat Oct 13th, 2007
Location: Philly
Posts: 41948
Status: 
Offline
Who would you have him wrestle? What kind of ending, any special stipulations, etc.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sun Apr 21st, 2013 11:11 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
One Fan Gang



Joined: Wed Apr 22nd, 2009
Location:  
Posts: 4497
Status: 
Offline
beejmi wrote: Who would you have him wrestle? What kind of ending, any special stipulations, etc.


 

An All-Souls Match, basically a lumberjack match with no DQ or countout, only the ring is surrounded by every living victim of the WrestleMania streak in varying shades of decay, obviously.   Even Nathan Jones, who would have been UT's partner versus Big SHow and A-Train, but was smartly pulled so as not to be considered an asterisked albatross around the Taker legacy. 

Whoever gets the nod as the final opponent might think they have an edge, but I foresee an ending where it's a lasers and fog show, and the past participants are speedily transported to the ramp before the smoke clears.   Once it becomes one-on-one, the final victim is shocked and thus easy prey for the Last Ride and Tombstone.   Maybe a false finish is used where the opponent somehow survives the Hell's Gate submission.   That would give the foe some credibility before the end.  

 For an encore, I see there being a segment where the dirge music changes to his Big Evil biker theme and he's allowed a trip up the ramp at a quick pace, passing through the throng of fallen opponents.  Then before Taker leaves, he switches back to the funeral march for a final walk through the firestick wielding druids, who lower them as he passes by.  As a finale he turns to gaze through the flames framing his image, then turns for a final act of his exulted fist to the sky and any remaining pyro.

Last edited on Sun Apr 21st, 2013 11:12 pm by One Fan Gang

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sun Apr 21st, 2013 11:26 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
CanadianHorseman



Joined: Fri Nov 2nd, 2007
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia Canada
Posts: 14026
Status: 
Offline
Travel back in time since he should have quit a few years ago.



____________________
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Mon Apr 22nd, 2013 12:01 am
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 50228
Status: 
Offline
beejmi wrote: Who would you have him wrestle? What kind of ending, any special stipulations, etc.

He probably should lose a "Buried Alive" match and be "killed off" for good.  It's really the only way the character can go out.  It doesn't have to happen at WM since I have no problem with him remaining undefeated there.



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Mon Apr 22nd, 2013 12:32 am
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
Boz1515



Joined: Sat May 26th, 2012
Location:  
Posts: 1675
Status: 
Offline
One Fan Gang wrote: beejmi wrote: Who would you have him wrestle? What kind of ending, any special stipulations, etc.


 

An All-Souls Match, basically a lumberjack match with no DQ or countout, only the ring is surrounded by every living victim of the WrestleMania streak in varying shades of decay, obviously.   Even Nathan Jones, who would have been UT's partner versus Big SHow and A-Train, but was smartly pulled so as not to be considered an asterisked albatross around the Taker legacy. 

Whoever gets the nod as the final opponent might think they have an edge, but I foresee an ending where it's a lasers and fog show, and the past participants are speedily transported to the ramp before the smoke clears.   Once it becomes one-on-one, the final victim is shocked and thus easy prey for the Last Ride and Tombstone.   Maybe a false finish is used where the opponent somehow survives the Hell's Gate submission.   That would give the foe some credibility before the end.  

 For an encore, I see there being a segment where the dirge music changes to his Big Evil biker theme and he's allowed a trip up the ramp at a quick pace, passing through the throng of fallen opponents.  Then before Taker leaves, he switches back to the funeral march for a final walk through the firestick wielding druids, who lower them as he passes by.  As a finale he turns to gaze through the flames framing his image, then turns for a final act of his exulted fist to the sky and any remaining pyro.

This sounds cool, even though Bossman and Gonzalez are dead.  Plenty of others though.  Perhaps it would be cool (in the event that he lost) he would be placed in a casket and wheeled out by the opponent, who is probably 9 years old right now.

Last edited on Mon Apr 22nd, 2013 12:33 am by Boz1515

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Mon Apr 22nd, 2013 01:48 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
beejmi
The Big Kahuna


Joined: Sat Oct 13th, 2007
Location: Philly
Posts: 41948
Status: 
Offline
I think it makes sense that he loses some type of casket match or buried alive match.

It also makes sense that it happen with a "younger guy" on the roster but no good options from what I see.

For now, put me down for Brock Lesnar ending the streak and sending him on his way.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Mon Apr 22nd, 2013 02:11 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
bpickering
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Tue Nov 13th, 2007
Location: Highspire, Pennsylvania USA
Posts: 17912
Status: 
Offline
beejmi wrote: I think it makes sense that he loses some type of casket match or buried alive match.

It also makes sense that it happen with a "younger guy" on the roster but no good options from what I see.

For now, put me down for Brock Lesnar ending the streak and sending him on his way.

There will be no one ending the streak or loseing a career  a match. He will just come out and say he is retired.

So no rehashing of the 94 Rumble angle of Taker taking to the heavens.



____________________
"22 years of my fucking life just got fucking ruined!!!!"---Fan outside Wrestlemania XXX

PRO WRESTLING HALL OF FAME: http://www.angelfire.com/pa5/old (updated September 2 2018)

RIP UNITED STATES OF AMERICA 1776-2016
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Mon Apr 22nd, 2013 02:27 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
beejmi
The Big Kahuna


Joined: Sat Oct 13th, 2007
Location: Philly
Posts: 41948
Status: 
Offline
You could be right bpickering. I don't see any "good and young" options in terms of who would beat him and end the streak and benefit from the win and that points to your thought process.

I think that the whole "streak " thing and his "last match" will be sold to us at some point though.

If he just quietly retired this year and never wrestled another Wrestlemania, and they didn't make a dime off his "ending" etc,  then I would be truly shocked.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Mon Apr 22nd, 2013 02:29 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
TXM



Joined: Fri Jul 29th, 2011
Location: Dubuque, Iowa USA
Posts: 929
Status: 
Offline
The WWE has painted itself into a corner with the streak. There is no way it can end without ending poorly. If they ever wanted to end it, it should have been during the Orton/Edge/Batista timeframe. Now that they are only trotting him out once a year, the only value left is to keep him winning.

I foresee continuing scenarios with more smoke and more mirrors, like the guy described above.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Mon Apr 22nd, 2013 02:42 pm
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
bpickering
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Tue Nov 13th, 2007
Location: Highspire, Pennsylvania USA
Posts: 17912
Status: 
Offline
beejmi wrote: You could be right bpickering. I don't see any "good and young" options in terms of who would beat him and end the streak and benefit from the win and that points to your thought process.

I think that the whole "streak " thing and his "last match" will be sold to us at some point though.

If he just quietly retired this year and never wrestled another Wrestlemania, and they didn't make a dime off his "ending" etc,  then I would be truly shocked.

Oh I can see hm having a match that he says win, lose or Draw he retired after the match aka Trish and Hogan back in 92. However he will not be losing the match.



____________________
"22 years of my fucking life just got fucking ruined!!!!"---Fan outside Wrestlemania XXX

PRO WRESTLING HALL OF FAME: http://www.angelfire.com/pa5/old (updated September 2 2018)

RIP UNITED STATES OF AMERICA 1776-2016
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Apr 23rd, 2013 10:40 pm
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
bart

 

Joined: Mon Jul 14th, 2008
Location:  
Posts: 743
Status: 
Offline
Boz1515 wrote: One Fan Gang wrote: beejmi wrote: Who would you have him wrestle? What kind of ending, any special stipulations, etc.


 

An All-Souls Match, basically a lumberjack match with no DQ or countout, only the ring is surrounded by every living victim of the WrestleMania streak in varying shades of decay, obviously.   Even Nathan Jones, who would have been UT's partner versus Big SHow and A-Train, but was smartly pulled so as not to be considered an asterisked albatross around the Taker legacy. 

Whoever gets the nod as the final opponent might think they have an edge, but I foresee an ending where it's a lasers and fog show, and the past participants are speedily transported to the ramp before the smoke clears.   Once it becomes one-on-one, the final victim is shocked and thus easy prey for the Last Ride and Tombstone.   Maybe a false finish is used where the opponent somehow survives the Hell's Gate submission.   That would give the foe some credibility before the end.  

 For an encore, I see there being a segment where the dirge music changes to his Big Evil biker theme and he's allowed a trip up the ramp at a quick pace, passing through the throng of fallen opponents.  Then before Taker leaves, he switches back to the funeral march for a final walk through the firestick wielding druids, who lower them as he passes by.  As a finale he turns to gaze through the flames framing his image, then turns for a final act of his exulted fist to the sky and any remaining pyro.

This sounds cool, even though Bossman and Gonzalez are dead.  Plenty of others though.  Perhaps it would be cool (in the event that he lost) he would be placed in a casket and wheeled out by the opponent, who is probably 9 years old right now.

Did you miss this part?

in varying shades of decay

Someone needs to be on the "very, very decayed" side, and I think it'll be one of Gonzalez's better matches.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Apr 24th, 2013 12:59 am
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
Portalesman
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 7758
Status: 
Offline
sting



____________________
http://www.wrestlingfanssuck.com

Sixk of Portalsman and he is a total fucking loser and mark for himself. A bore. Dude has never been laid in his life.

Total piece of garbage and a reason I have left wrestling forums. drdelaware
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Apr 24th, 2013 01:35 am
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
stone2k



Joined: Mon Nov 29th, 2010
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts USA
Posts: 8946
Status: 
Offline
WrestleMania XXX

Undertaker vs. Dolph Ziggler for World Title... Taker wins but makes Dolph a bigger star, retires title with him... offical end of brand split.



____________________
Esoteric verbosity culminates in commutative ennui.

De gustibus non est disputandum
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Current time is 08:30 am  
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Pro Wrestling > Give Me Some Ideas For "The Undertaker's Last Match" Top




UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems