WowBB Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2   
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Wedding Gift Feud  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sat Jun 22nd, 2013 05:55 pm
  PM Quote Reply
16th Post
Chitown Rich

 

Joined: Mon Aug 25th, 2008
Location:  
Posts: 808
Status: 
Offline
I'm 3/4 Italian and haven't seen a gift at a wedding for 25 years or better. Cash is king at the Italian weddings I've been to.

Gifts are given at the bridal showers for the Italian wedding even if the bride to be is not Italian. My wife says she never sees envelopes at the bridal showers, only gifts.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sat Jun 22nd, 2013 06:02 pm
  PM Quote Reply
17th Post
The Hammer



Joined: Sat Nov 17th, 2007
Location: Coronaville, Tennessee USA
Posts: 4535
Status: 
Offline
lobo316 wrote:
that money grubbin'..................




Where is Stingy when you need him.



____________________
"God bless Little Jimmy, and God bless the United States of America" R-Truth

"Do I want an Ice Cream Bar with my name on it? Your Damn Right!!" CM Punk



Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sat Jun 22nd, 2013 06:03 pm
  PM Quote Reply
18th Post
The Hammer



Joined: Sat Nov 17th, 2007
Location: Coronaville, Tennessee USA
Posts: 4535
Status: 
Offline
katook wrote:
or at least given them blowjobs




Or at the very fucking least a handjob.



____________________
"God bless Little Jimmy, and God bless the United States of America" R-Truth

"Do I want an Ice Cream Bar with my name on it? Your Damn Right!!" CM Punk



Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sat Jun 22nd, 2013 09:17 pm
  PM Quote Reply
19th Post
clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
The Hammer wrote: lobo316 wrote:
that money grubbin'..................




Where is Stingy when you need him.

He's on Facebook.



____________________
"We are the priests
Of the temples of syrinx
Our great computers
Fill the hollowed halls
We are the priests
Of the temples of syrinx
All the gifts of life
Are held within our walls" 2112 By Rush!!
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sun Jun 23rd, 2013 02:49 pm
  PM Quote Reply
20th Post
BayouBoogie



Joined: Wed Oct 17th, 2007
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana USA
Posts: 6864
Status: 
Offline
Not familiar with the envelope crap. I've never been to awedding without gifts. Cash and envelopes are pinned on the bride during the money dance, but people still bring plenty of gifts.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sun Jun 23rd, 2013 11:07 pm
  PM Quote Reply
21st Post
Portalesman
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 7798
Status: 
Offline
The wedding I recently attended had zero gifts and zero cash. I was surprised there was no cash tree, bride dancing dollars but its both of their 3rd wedding also so perhaps everybody is tired if financing their shit.

Fuckem.



____________________
http://www.wrestlingfanssuck.com

Sixk of Portalsman and he is a total fucking loser and mark for himself. A bore. Dude has never been laid in his life.

Total piece of garbage and a reason I have left wrestling forums. drdelaware
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Jun 25th, 2013 09:18 am
  PM Quote Reply
22nd Post
Infamous
必 勝


Joined: Mon Oct 25th, 2010
Location: Slums Of Shaolin
Posts: 2536
Status: 
Offline
Cash is king. I don't think I've ever been to a wedding where gifts were given

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Jun 25th, 2013 11:15 am
  PM Quote Reply
23rd Post
Principal_Raditch



Joined: Mon Feb 18th, 2008
Location:  
Posts: 7071
Status: 
Offline
Must be cultural. My wedding was almost all gifts, and little to no cash. Actually I think the only one who gave us money was my mother. Everyone else pretty much bought something from the few places we were registered.

However, we didn't go overboard on the thing like my youngest sister did last year (500+ guests). I think we had @ 75 people since my family is pretty small and most of my friends from HS/College weren't going to haul ass to Kansas City from all over Canada.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Jun 25th, 2013 02:05 pm
  PM Quote Reply
24th Post
BruiserBrodyMania



Joined: Tue Jul 27th, 2010
Location:  Monsters Of The Midway
Posts: 871
Status: 
Offline
Principal_Raditch wrote:
Must be cultural. My wedding was almost all gifts, and little to no cash. Actually I think the only one who gave us money was my mother. Everyone else pretty much bought something from the few places we were registered.

However, we didn't go overboard on the thing like my youngest sister did last year (500+ guests). I think we had @ 75 people since my family is pretty small and most of my friends from HS/College weren't going to haul ass to Kansas City from all over Canada.


I presume you didn't have a bridal shower. So in that case gifts are fine. Otherwise money should be given IMO.

The only time I saw gifts at a wedding was when they didn't have a bridal shower.

Obviously nobody gets married to make money, but I would hope you could be about even when it's over.



____________________
http://www.RoadWarriorsTribute.webs.com
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Jun 25th, 2013 04:29 pm
  PM Quote Reply
25th Post
BayouBoogie



Joined: Wed Oct 17th, 2007
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana USA
Posts: 6864
Status: 
Offline
BruiserBrodyMania wrote:
Principal_Raditch wrote:
Must be cultural. My wedding was almost all gifts, and little to no cash. Actually I think the only one who gave us money was my mother. Everyone else pretty much bought something from the few places we were registered.

However, we didn't go overboard on the thing like my youngest sister did last year (500+ guests). I think we had @ 75 people since my family is pretty small and most of my friends from HS/College weren't going to haul ass to Kansas City from all over Canada.


I presume you didn't have a bridal shower. So in that case gifts are fine. Otherwise money should be given IMO.

The only time I saw gifts at a wedding was when they didn't have a bridal shower.

Obviously nobody gets married to make money, but I would hope you could be about even when it's over.


It's cultural. I've NEVER been to a wedding with no gifts. Shower or not. I'd never even heard of the "cash, not gifts" thing until this thread.

Last edited on Tue Jun 25th, 2013 04:30 pm by BayouBoogie

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Jun 25th, 2013 05:04 pm
  PM Quote Reply
26th Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 51922
Status: 
Offline
BayouBoogie wrote: BruiserBrodyMania wrote:
Principal_Raditch wrote:
Must be cultural. My wedding was almost all gifts, and little to no cash. Actually I think the only one who gave us money was my mother. Everyone else pretty much bought something from the few places we were registered.

However, we didn't go overboard on the thing like my youngest sister did last year (500+ guests). I think we had @ 75 people since my family is pretty small and most of my friends from HS/College weren't going to haul ass to Kansas City from all over Canada.


I presume you didn't have a bridal shower. So in that case gifts are fine. Otherwise money should be given IMO.

The only time I saw gifts at a wedding was when they didn't have a bridal shower.

Obviously nobody gets married to make money, but I would hope you could be about even when it's over.


It's cultural. I've NEVER been to a wedding with no gifts. Shower or not. I'd never even heard of the "cash, not gifts" thing until this thread.

Same here.  I have no idea what types of weddings you guys are going to where no one registers and everyone just brings cash.  Sounds nice though.



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Jun 25th, 2013 05:13 pm
  PM Quote Reply
27th Post
Principal_Raditch



Joined: Mon Feb 18th, 2008
Location:  
Posts: 7071
Status: 
Offline
None of the wedding's I've ever been to did this cash thing.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Jun 26th, 2013 07:39 pm
  PM Quote Reply
28th Post
cdewar19

 

Joined: Mon Feb 22nd, 2010
Location: In The Ruins Of CanadInns Stadium, Manitoba Canada
Posts: 1636
Status: 
Offline
I've never been to a wedding with a gift registry, it's always been shove cash in an envelope. Used to be 50 bucks a person, but as time has gone on, I put in 100 bucks per person now, and more depending on how close I am to the person getting married.

Someone in my sister-in-law's family called me a "cheap prick" because I didn't give an envelope with money in it at their wedding. Thankfully sister-in-law set them straight and told them that the entire booze tab for the wedding (over $1,600) was covered by my brother who wasn't getting married and myself. I then proceeded to cut that fuckface in the drink line and got served first once the bar opened. :)



____________________
"Getting promotionally outmaneuvered by TNA is like when Cartman lost all of his events at the Special Olympics." - tofu chipmunk
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Current time is 08:50 am Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2     
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > General Discussion > Wedding Gift Feud Top




UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems