WowBB Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > General Discussion > Tell Me Which Foods Are OVER-RATED

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Tell Me Which Foods Are OVER-RATED  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Tue Aug 20th, 2013 12:56 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
beejmi
The Big Kahuna


Joined: Sat Oct 13th, 2007
Location: Philly
Posts: 42289
Status: 
Offline
Rice. Rice has to be one. Totally bland.

Sushi. I just don't get it.

Pasta. It needs the sauce to be worthwhile.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Aug 20th, 2013 04:04 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
hammettime

 

Joined: Mon Mar 8th, 2010
Location:  
Posts: 549
Status: 
Offline
tapas.  fun initially in the trend, now, i just want to be full!  cool for large groups, but that is the extent imo.

fondue.  cheese and dessert are good, but main course fondue all tastes the same, due to the bullion/broth.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Aug 20th, 2013 04:14 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 50559
Status: 
Offline
Hot dogs are absolutely disgusting and I can't believe so many people eat them.

Pizza is nothing special as far as taste and on the rare occasions I have a few slices it always leaves me feeling like I've eaten nothing but empty calories.



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Aug 20th, 2013 04:48 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
stone2k



Joined: Mon Nov 29th, 2010
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts USA
Posts: 8946
Status: 
Offline
Bacon... I enjoy BLT's or sometimes eggs with bacon, but I just don't need to have bacon on burgers or wrapped over anything or everything under the sun.



____________________
Esoteric verbosity culminates in commutative ennui.

De gustibus non est disputandum
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Aug 20th, 2013 05:51 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
Ultimark



Joined: Sun Oct 28th, 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 6912
Status: 
Offline
Caviar. Taste like pebbles of shit.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Aug 20th, 2013 06:11 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
Married Jo



Joined: Fri Dec 21st, 2007
Location: Hickory NC
Posts: 6842
Status: 
Offline
srossi wrote:
Hot dogs are absolutely disgusting and I can't believe so many people eat them.

Pizza is nothing special as far as taste and on the rare occasions I have a few slices it always leaves me feeling like I've eaten nothing but empty calories.


Hot dogs and Pizza? Damn, you should be strung-up for those picks..



____________________
Well, Im of the opinion that one wouldnt actually have to eat the corn out of Chynas shit to know that nothing good could come of it. - Portalesman
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Aug 20th, 2013 06:42 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
khawk
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 15937
Status: 
Offline
Married Jo wrote: srossi wrote:
Hot dogs are absolutely disgusting and I can't believe so many people eat them.

Pizza is nothing special as far as taste and on the rare occasions I have a few slices it always leaves me feeling like I've eaten nothing but empty calories.


Hot dogs and Pizza? Damn, you should be strung-up for those picks..

It's that specialized New York palate. Lobster and Caviar only, the rest be damned!

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Aug 20th, 2013 06:50 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
Ultimark



Joined: Sun Oct 28th, 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 6912
Status: 
Offline
khawk wrote:
Married Jo wrote: srossi wrote:
Hot dogs are absolutely disgusting and I can't believe so many people eat them.

Pizza is nothing special as far as taste and on the rare occasions I have a few slices it always leaves me feeling like I've eaten nothing but empty calories.


Hot dogs and Pizza? Damn, you should be strung-up for those picks..

It's that specialized New York palate. Lobster and Caviar only, the rest be damned!


Love Pizza. The best is at the shore though.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Aug 20th, 2013 06:59 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 50559
Status: 
Offline
khawk wrote: Married Jo wrote: srossi wrote:
Hot dogs are absolutely disgusting and I can't believe so many people eat them.

Pizza is nothing special as far as taste and on the rare occasions I have a few slices it always leaves me feeling like I've eaten nothing but empty calories.


Hot dogs and Pizza? Damn, you should be strung-up for those picks..

It's that specialized New York palate. Lobster and Caviar only, the rest be damned!

Nah, not much of a seafood person and refuse to even try caviar.  My elitist ass enjoys a nice steakhouse though. 



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Aug 20th, 2013 08:32 pm
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
gwlee7



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 5325
Status: 
Offline
Rossi seeing the "dirty water" dogs that the street vendors sell all over Manhattan and then not wanting to eat one is understandable. How he can live in the city and not enjoy a good NY pizza is beyond me though.



____________________
I just think it's amazing that Trump is really on Twitter all day, personally writing this shit. He's about 3 beers away from joining S&W and getting into a flame war with Ports.----srossi
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Aug 21st, 2013 12:16 am
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
HBF



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Atlanta, Georgia USA
Posts: 17866
Status: 
Offline
Capers

Chocolate and all candy

Chips & other useless carbs

White Rice/White Bread (my kids don't like wheat but I think they're nuts)



____________________
"That's what a pre-med degree will get you kids, nearly correct spelling and pissing in a bowl on Skype"-SRossi on Sunny
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Aug 21st, 2013 12:18 am
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
freebirdsforever2001
Fantasia is running wild!


Joined: Tue Jul 8th, 2008
Location: Pittsgrove, New Jersey USA
Posts: 20758
Status: 
Offline
beejmi wrote:
Rice. Rice has to be one. Totally bland.

Sushi. I just don't get it.

Pasta. It needs the sauce to be worthwhile.


LOVE Rice. One of the best grains to eat.



____________________

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Aug 21st, 2013 12:19 am
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
freebirdsforever2001
Fantasia is running wild!


Joined: Tue Jul 8th, 2008
Location: Pittsgrove, New Jersey USA
Posts: 20758
Status: 
Offline
Pizza. Never have it more then 1 time a year.



____________________

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Aug 21st, 2013 12:19 am
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
Chrisstlouis

 

Joined: Thu Jun 11th, 2009
Location:  
Posts: 2397
Status: 
Offline
love the douches answers,Pizza is nothing special as far as taste and on the rare occasions I have a few slices it always leaves me feeling like I've eaten nothing but empty calories.

Chips & other useless carbs

what dont you two go share a protein shake

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Aug 21st, 2013 12:36 am
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
Ultimark



Joined: Sun Oct 28th, 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 6912
Status: 
Offline
Get the impression that you don't like Srossi and HBF much. Why?

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Aug 21st, 2013 02:29 am
  PM Quote Reply
16th Post
victhestick



Joined: Mon Apr 27th, 2009
Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA
Posts: 2444
Status: 
Offline
My choice is a drink not a food, coffee. How people can spend all that money at Starbucks is beyond me.



____________________
If it's and buts were candy and nuts, Americans would be even fatter.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Aug 21st, 2013 04:01 am
  PM Quote Reply
17th Post
Qaenos

 

Joined: Tue Jan 8th, 2008
Location: Massachusetts USA
Posts: 1127
Status: 
Offline
Sushi
Coffee
Beer
Wine

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Aug 21st, 2013 04:13 am
  PM Quote Reply
18th Post
clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
I totally agree with coffee. Anything that needs you to put cream in it to make it tasty sucks.

Sushi also makes my list along with rutabaga and brussel sprouts.



____________________
"We are the priests
Of the temples of syrinx
Our great computers
Fill the hollowed halls
We are the priests
Of the temples of syrinx
All the gifts of life
Are held within our walls" 2112 By Rush!!
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Aug 21st, 2013 04:24 am
  PM Quote Reply
19th Post
Principal_Raditch



Joined: Mon Feb 18th, 2008
Location:  
Posts: 6948
Status: 
Offline
Oysters. I love seafood, but Oysters taste like shit.

Twinkies. For all the hysteria about them stopping production, the reality is they taste like cardboard.

Ceviche. No one eats it. No one has had it in their lives. But people watch Top Chef, and every faggit on there makes it...so some douches from NYC and LA think it's imperative to eat.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Aug 21st, 2013 04:55 am
  PM Quote Reply
20th Post
khawk
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 15937
Status: 
Offline
Chrisstlouis wrote:
love the douches answers

You would...has to remind you of home.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Aug 21st, 2013 11:26 am
  PM Quote Reply
21st Post
Infamous
必 勝


Joined: Mon Oct 25th, 2010
Location: Slums Of Shaolin
Posts: 2519
Status: 
Offline
My life would be over without coffee. I'd have nothing to live for

I agree with oysters tho. Fucking horrendous any which way. I can't even watch someone else eat them

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Aug 21st, 2013 11:50 am
  PM Quote Reply
22nd Post
dogfacedgremlin34
Will Kick Your Ass At Fantasy Football


Joined: Fri Feb 8th, 2008
Location: Massachusetts USA
Posts: 10019
Status: 
Offline
Water.  IMHO, always tastes watery.



____________________
"I'm putting your worthless fucking ass on ignore so I don't have to read anymore of your pompous arrogant New York big shot bullshit. Good fucking riddance, fuckhead."-Angelic Assassin to rossi
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Aug 21st, 2013 11:56 am
  PM Quote Reply
23rd Post
dogfacedgremlin34
Will Kick Your Ass At Fantasy Football


Joined: Fri Feb 8th, 2008
Location: Massachusetts USA
Posts: 10019
Status: 
Offline
victhestick wrote: My choice is a drink not a food, coffee. How people can spend all that money at Starbucks is beyond me.
I agree.  My old man used to say the same thing about bottled water.  I picture the genesis of bottled water happening at a "Mad Men" style marketing meeting. 

Idea Guy One: "Say, do you think we can sell for a buck per 16 oz. bottle something that is piped into people's houses for pennies per gallon?"
Idea Guy Two:  "Aw, you're crazy.  Nobody in the world is that gullible."
Idea Guy One: (rubbing his hands together) "We'll see, we'll see..."

I'm sure something similar to this happened in a Starbucks product meeting.  "Hey, do you think if we add 2 cents worth of whipped cream on top of our crappy coffee, we can suddenly start selling it for 4 bucks per 16 oz. cup?" "Aw, you're crazy..."



____________________
"I'm putting your worthless fucking ass on ignore so I don't have to read anymore of your pompous arrogant New York big shot bullshit. Good fucking riddance, fuckhead."-Angelic Assassin to rossi
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Aug 21st, 2013 02:10 pm
  PM Quote Reply
24th Post
yellowdog



Joined: Fri Mar 5th, 2010
Location: New Bern, North Carolina USA
Posts: 3814
Status: 
Offline
Eggplant



____________________
"It's a Dog Eat Dog World"
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Aug 21st, 2013 02:19 pm
  PM Quote Reply
25th Post
clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
yellowdog wrote: Eggplant
Good selection.



____________________
"We are the priests
Of the temples of syrinx
Our great computers
Fill the hollowed halls
We are the priests
Of the temples of syrinx
All the gifts of life
Are held within our walls" 2112 By Rush!!
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Aug 21st, 2013 03:09 pm
  PM Quote Reply
26th Post
DaNkinator



Joined: Tue Oct 23rd, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 6116
Status: 
Offline
I love food, so some of these answers are funny to me...

Sushi?  Fuckin' A, there's nothing like a good spicy tuna roll.  I LOVE sushi.

Pizza?  How can you not like pizza?  I don't eat it often and I prefer veggies over tons of meat on mine, but there's not much like a good pizza.

Eggplant?  Awesome. 

Rice?  Aww man.  Good jasmin rice with some roasted garlic rice vinegar with steamed veggies over it is outstanding. 

A few that I may agree with are hot dogs (it's basically the shit left over after taking the good cuts of meat), and coffee.  I've never been a coffee fan, but once I started with the flavored creamers, I loved it.  But whoever said that if you have to use them to make it good is correct.   And I don't want hot liquids in the summer, so I hardly ever drink it.


Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Aug 21st, 2013 06:03 pm
  PM Quote Reply
27th Post
yellowdog



Joined: Fri Mar 5th, 2010
Location: New Bern, North Carolina USA
Posts: 3814
Status: 
Offline
DaNkinator wrote: I love food, so some of these answers are funny to me...

Sushi?  Fuckin' A, there's nothing like a good spicy tuna roll.  I LOVE sushi.

Pizza?  How can you not like pizza?  I don't eat it often and I prefer veggies over tons of meat on mine, but there's not much like a good pizza.

Eggplant?  Awesome. 

Rice?  Aww man.  Good jasmin rice with some roasted garlic rice vinegar with steamed veggies over it is outstanding. 

A few that I may agree with are hot dogs (it's basically the shit left over after taking the good cuts of meat), and coffee.  I've never been a coffee fan, but once I started with the flavored creamers, I loved it.  But whoever said that if you have to use them to make it good is correct.   And I don't want hot liquids in the summer, so I hardly ever drink it.



coffee???  Black... you can then taste the differences. 



____________________
"It's a Dog Eat Dog World"
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu Aug 22nd, 2013 03:39 pm
  PM Quote Reply
28th Post
BlueThunder



Joined: Mon Jun 6th, 2011
Location:  
Posts: 2205
Status: 
Offline
Tapas was my first choice. So so tasting, but overpriced and meager portions.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu Aug 22nd, 2013 04:14 pm
  PM Quote Reply
29th Post
Count Grog
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Sun Oct 21st, 2007
Location: Fuquay Varina, NC, USA
Posts: 15625
Status: 
Offline
potato salad- potatoes are meant to be eaten hot not cold covered in mayo (another thing I hate)

 

canned tuna- nasty so many people eat it - love fresh tuna -especially sushi style



____________________
Most people don't care if you're telling them the truth or if you're telling them a lie, as long as they're entertained by it. - Tom Waits

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu Aug 22nd, 2013 07:03 pm
  PM Quote Reply
30th Post
DaNkinator



Joined: Tue Oct 23rd, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 6116
Status: 
Offline
yellowdog wrote: DaNkinator wrote: I love food, so some of these answers are funny to me...

Sushi?  Fuckin' A, there's nothing like a good spicy tuna roll.  I LOVE sushi.

Pizza?  How can you not like pizza?  I don't eat it often and I prefer veggies over tons of meat on mine, but there's not much like a good pizza.

Eggplant?  Awesome. 

Rice?  Aww man.  Good jasmin rice with some roasted garlic rice vinegar with steamed veggies over it is outstanding. 

A few that I may agree with are hot dogs (it's basically the shit left over after taking the good cuts of meat), and coffee.  I've never been a coffee fan, but once I started with the flavored creamers, I loved it.  But whoever said that if you have to use them to make it good is correct.   And I don't want hot liquids in the summer, so I hardly ever drink it.



coffee???  Black... you can then taste the differences.

Perhaps, but they all taste bad enough to me that I have no desire to figure out the differences.


Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu Aug 22nd, 2013 07:27 pm
  PM Quote Reply
31st Post
BlueThunder



Joined: Mon Jun 6th, 2011
Location:  
Posts: 2205
Status: 
Offline
Okay, I promise that I'm not keeping in character with this, but I hate fried chicken. I have no idea what all the hoopla is about it. Gimmie some seasoned grilled chicken over that crap.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu Aug 22nd, 2013 08:03 pm
  PM Quote Reply
32nd Post
The Ultimate Sin
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown, Sri Lanka
Posts: 9898
Status: 
Offline
clawmaster wrote:
I totally agree with coffee. Anything that needs you to put cream in it to make it tasty sucks.



Drink it like a man! Cream is for pussies. That's like saying beer sucks because you put cream in it.

Prime Rib... I don't get it. I'd rather eat a fucking hot dog.



____________________
May I offer you some salt and vinegar chips?
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu Aug 22nd, 2013 08:50 pm
  PM Quote Reply
33rd Post
BayouBoogie



Joined: Wed Oct 17th, 2007
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana USA
Posts: 6864
Status: 
Offline
beejmi wrote:
Rice. Rice has to be one. Totally bland.

Sushi. I just don't get it.

Pasta. It needs the sauce to be worthwhile.


Amen on that fucking raw fish shit.

But kiss my ass on rice, though I admit it is much, much better when slathered with gravy.

Last edited on Thu Aug 22nd, 2013 08:51 pm by BayouBoogie

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu Aug 22nd, 2013 08:54 pm
  PM Quote Reply
34th Post
BayouBoogie



Joined: Wed Oct 17th, 2007
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana USA
Posts: 6864
Status: 
Offline
Married Jo wrote:
srossi wrote:
Hot dogs are absolutely disgusting and I can't believe so many people eat them.

Pizza is nothing special as far as taste and on the rare occasions I have a few slices it always leaves me feeling like I've eaten nothing but empty calories.


Hot dogs and Pizza? Damn, you should be strung-up for those picks..


That's more understandable than the fuck who picked BACON.

Sushi and caviar are top picks for me.

Fish tacos can be okay, but every "omg, you gotta try this" fish taco I ever had tasted bland and left me hungry.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu Aug 22nd, 2013 08:56 pm
  PM Quote Reply
35th Post
BayouBoogie



Joined: Wed Oct 17th, 2007
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana USA
Posts: 6864
Status: 
Offline
BlueThunder wrote:
Okay, I promise that I'm not keeping in character with this, but I hate fried chicken. I have no idea what all the hoopla is about it. Gimmie some seasoned grilled chicken over that crap.

Do you eat watermelon and chitterlings? Ribs, maybe?

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu Aug 22nd, 2013 09:10 pm
  PM Quote Reply
36th Post
BlueThunder



Joined: Mon Jun 6th, 2011
Location:  
Posts: 2205
Status: 
Offline
BayouBoogie wrote: BlueThunder wrote:
Okay, I promise that I'm not keeping in character with this, but I hate fried chicken. I have no idea what all the hoopla is about it. Gimmie some seasoned grilled chicken over that crap.

Do you eat watermelon and chitterlings? Ribs, maybe?

I don't eat pork, so that cancels ribs and chitlings. Seriously, how fucking disgusting can pig intestines be? I do like watermelon and I love black eyed peas.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Fri Aug 23rd, 2013 01:55 am
  PM Quote Reply
37th Post
HBF



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Atlanta, Georgia USA
Posts: 17866
Status: 
Offline
dogfacedgremlin34 wrote:
victhestick wrote: My choice is a drink not a food, coffee. How people can spend all that money at Starbucks is beyond me.
I agree.  My old man used to say the same thing about bottled water.  I picture the genesis of bottled water happening at a "Mad Men" style marketing meeting. 

Idea Guy One: "Say, do you think we can sell for a buck per 16 oz. bottle something that is piped into people's houses for pennies per gallon?"
Idea Guy Two:  "Aw, you're crazy.  Nobody in the world is that gullible."
Idea Guy One: (rubbing his hands together) "We'll see, we'll see..."

I'm sure something similar to this happened in a Starbucks product meeting.  "Hey, do you think if we add 2 cents worth of whipped cream on top of our crappy coffee, we can suddenly start selling it for 4 bucks per 16 oz. cup?" "Aw, you're crazy..."


I can also see that.



____________________
"That's what a pre-med degree will get you kids, nearly correct spelling and pissing in a bowl on Skype"-SRossi on Sunny
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Fri Aug 23rd, 2013 01:55 am
  PM Quote Reply
38th Post
HBF



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Atlanta, Georgia USA
Posts: 17866
Status: 
Offline
clawmaster wrote:
yellowdog wrote: Eggplant
Good selection.


I'll differ on that. Eggplant parm, done right, rules.



____________________
"That's what a pre-med degree will get you kids, nearly correct spelling and pissing in a bowl on Skype"-SRossi on Sunny
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Fri Aug 23rd, 2013 12:58 pm
  PM Quote Reply
39th Post
khawk
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 15937
Status: 
Offline
BlueThunder wrote: Okay, I promise that I'm not keeping in character with this, but I hate fried chicken.
:D:D:D

Fantastic.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Fri Aug 23rd, 2013 01:17 pm
  PM Quote Reply
40th Post
yellowdog



Joined: Fri Mar 5th, 2010
Location: New Bern, North Carolina USA
Posts: 3814
Status: 
Offline
HBF wrote: clawmaster wrote:
yellowdog wrote: Eggplant
Good selection.


I'll differ on that. Eggplant parm, done right, rules.

see...it's overrated  :)



____________________
"It's a Dog Eat Dog World"
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Fri Aug 23rd, 2013 07:50 pm
  PM Quote Reply
41st Post
Hymie Itsu



Joined: Mon Oct 10th, 2011
Location: Birthplace Of Dean Martin
Posts: 3174
Status: 
Offline
I only eat Hot Dogs if I'm making them "Treasure Island" (Another dying dept store chain) style.

I only drink Speedway coffee. 

Pizza is Fucjing awesome.  It's the only time I'll eat mushrooms.

Fried Chicken is awesome too, as long as you actually put herbs and stuff into the batter and such.

Overrated would have to be Cheerios in my book.  I've always found them absolutely tasteless, even with sugar.




____________________
Imagine a magical planet where people dont hang out on the Bouji board 24/7. ~ Portsalesman
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Fri Aug 23rd, 2013 11:53 pm
  PM Quote Reply
42nd Post
Count Grog
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Sun Oct 21st, 2007
Location: Fuquay Varina, NC, USA
Posts: 15625
Status: 
Offline
Hymie Itsu wrote:
I only eat Hot Dogs if I'm making them "Treasure Island" (Another dying dept store chain) style.



Pizza is Fucjing awesome.  It's the only time I'll eat mushrooms.





You should go see the band Further or Phish or Widespread Panic, they have mushrooms there in the form of chocolate I think you'll enjoy



____________________
Most people don't care if you're telling them the truth or if you're telling them a lie, as long as they're entertained by it. - Tom Waits

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sat Aug 24th, 2013 02:32 am
  PM Quote Reply
43rd Post
BayouBoogie



Joined: Wed Oct 17th, 2007
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana USA
Posts: 6864
Status: 
Offline
HBF wrote:


Chocolate

White Rice/White Bread (my kids don't like wheat but I think they're nuts)


Dude. You have serious issues.

Last edited on Sat Aug 24th, 2013 07:28 am by BayouBoogie

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sat Aug 24th, 2013 01:12 pm
  PM Quote Reply
44th Post
katook



Joined: Tue Sep 21st, 2010
Location: In A Trailerpark Filled With Rednecks, North Carolina USA
Posts: 3374
Status: 
Offline
Ketchup. Mustard. Mayonnaise. Tarter Sauce.

For the life of me I just cannot figure out why people want to fuck up a perfectly good sandwich or hotdog by adding any of those things.

They totally ruin good food.



____________________
since there doesn't seem to be a way to be vocal about being an Atheist without coming across as a condescending cock opening about it, you might as well go all the way with it.--Sek69
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sat Aug 24th, 2013 08:47 pm
  PM Quote Reply
45th Post
BayouBoogie



Joined: Wed Oct 17th, 2007
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana USA
Posts: 6864
Status: 
Offline
BlueThunder wrote:
BayouBoogie wrote: BlueThunder wrote:
Okay, I promise that I'm not keeping in character with this, but I hate fried chicken. I have no idea what all the hoopla is about it. Gimmie some seasoned grilled chicken over that crap.

Do you eat watermelon and chitterlings? Ribs, maybe?

I don't eat pork, so that cancels ribs and chitlings. Seriously, how fucking disgusting can pig intestines be? I do like watermelon and I love black eyed peas.


Pork is good. Pork is your friend.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sat Aug 24th, 2013 08:59 pm
  PM Quote Reply
46th Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 50559
Status: 
Offline
BayouBoogie wrote:
BlueThunder wrote:
BayouBoogie wrote: BlueThunder wrote:
Okay, I promise that I'm not keeping in character with this, but I hate fried chicken. I have no idea what all the hoopla is about it. Gimmie some seasoned grilled chicken over that crap.

Do you eat watermelon and chitterlings? Ribs, maybe?

I don't eat pork, so that cancels ribs and chitlings. Seriously, how fucking disgusting can pig intestines be? I do like watermelon and I love black eyed peas.


Pork is good. Pork is your friend.


Anti-Semite.



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sat Aug 24th, 2013 09:46 pm
  PM Quote Reply
47th Post
indikator

 

Joined: Fri Jan 23rd, 2009
Location: Bratenwender City, Germany
Posts: 2596
Status: 
Offline
Once I was in my boarding schools where we had a full time cooking staff I couldn't understand anymore how anybody could be fulfilled with fast food. Once you've had good food you can't really enjoy artificial tasting food that much anymore, and that does include sweets in my case.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sat Aug 24th, 2013 09:53 pm
  PM Quote Reply
48th Post
indikator

 

Joined: Fri Jan 23rd, 2009
Location: Bratenwender City, Germany
Posts: 2596
Status: 
Offline
srossi needs to have some koscher ham. It does even exist... kinda.

When my father was in Israel he witnessed a couple of examples like this from holocaust survivors. I should mention that he was viewed as a "fellow" German jew by many, which does not really surprise me as his parents apparently had trouble to get the Aryan certificate, his mother couldn't get a certain job for instance. I've even speculated which person in my pedigree was probably "the one". But I might never find out as that was one of the many taboos from that century that will be forgotten.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sat Aug 24th, 2013 10:43 pm
  PM Quote Reply
49th Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 50559
Status: 
Offline
indikator wrote:
srossi needs to have some koscher ham. It does even exist... kinda.

Kosher ham seems about as ridiculous as non-alcoholic beer. I think I'll continue to eat ham and pork that offend the Jewish sensibilities with each delicious bite.



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sun Aug 25th, 2013 12:00 am
  PM Quote Reply
50th Post
clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
indikator wrote: Once I was in my boarding schools where we had a full time cooking staff I couldn't understand anymore how anybody could be fulfilled with fast food. Once you've had good food you can't really enjoy artificial tasting food that much anymore, and that does include sweets in my case.
I agree with this to a point. Sometimes your life takes you away from big cities. You eat at places you never would have gone near if you lived close to a major city. Anybody that lives in a small town far away from civilization knows exactly what I'm saying.



____________________
"We are the priests
Of the temples of syrinx
Our great computers
Fill the hollowed halls
We are the priests
Of the temples of syrinx
All the gifts of life
Are held within our walls" 2112 By Rush!!
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sun Aug 25th, 2013 02:35 am
  PM Quote Reply
51st Post
BayouBoogie



Joined: Wed Oct 17th, 2007
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana USA
Posts: 6864
Status: 
Offline
clawmaster wrote:
indikator wrote: Once I was in my boarding schools where we had a full time cooking staff I couldn't understand anymore how anybody could be fulfilled with fast food. Once you've had good food you can't really enjoy artificial tasting food that much anymore, and that does include sweets in my case.
I agree with this to a point. Sometimes your life takes you away from big cities. You eat at places you never would have gone near if you lived close to a major city. Anybody that lives in a small town far away from civilization knows exactly what I'm saying.


I live in a town that gets national recognition for its food, and a region where just about everyone has skills in the kitchen. Yeah, I don't do fast food, either.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sun Aug 25th, 2013 05:51 pm
  PM Quote Reply
52nd Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 50559
Status: 
Offline
BayouBoogie wrote: clawmaster wrote:
indikator wrote: Once I was in my boarding schools where we had a full time cooking staff I couldn't understand anymore how anybody could be fulfilled with fast food. Once you've had good food you can't really enjoy artificial tasting food that much anymore, and that does include sweets in my case.
I agree with this to a point. Sometimes your life takes you away from big cities. You eat at places you never would have gone near if you lived close to a major city. Anybody that lives in a small town far away from civilization knows exactly what I'm saying.


I live in a town that gets national recognition for its food, and a region where just about everyone has skills in the kitchen. Yeah, I don't do fast food, either.

Would agree with these points.  Knowing what good home cooking is very important, as is access to world class fine dining establishments.  I don't have the most healthy diet, way too much red meat for sure and not enough greens, but when you're cooking yourself it's almost always more nutritious than fast food or the average diner, and typically tastes better too.  I make myself dinner almost every night, and on the rare occasions we eat out, maybe bi-monthly, we can go to great restaurants and splurge.  Eating out at crappy places on a consistent basis isn't cheap, the last time I was stuck and had to grab a burger at McDonald's, I was shocked at how much they charge now.  And a meal at a diner will probably run you $20 bucks a plate.  If it's between doing that consistently, or cooking yourself more and then spending $50-$60 a plate at a real restaurant, why not do the latter?  Cheaper in the long run, more nutritional value, and you learn what real food tastes like.  Even when it tastes halfway decent, fast food, pizza, etc. leaves me with a bit of a queasy feeling afterwards, like my body is trying to reject it.   



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sun Aug 25th, 2013 07:04 pm
  PM Quote Reply
53rd Post
BayouBoogie



Joined: Wed Oct 17th, 2007
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana USA
Posts: 6864
Status: 
Offline
srossi wrote:
BayouBoogie wrote: clawmaster wrote:
indikator wrote: Once I was in my boarding schools where we had a full time cooking staff I couldn't understand anymore how anybody could be fulfilled with fast food. Once you've had good food you can't really enjoy artificial tasting food that much anymore, and that does include sweets in my case.
I agree with this to a point. Sometimes your life takes you away from big cities. You eat at places you never would have gone near if you lived close to a major city. Anybody that lives in a small town far away from civilization knows exactly what I'm saying.


I live in a town that gets national recognition for its food, and a region where just about everyone has skills in the kitchen. Yeah, I don't do fast food, either.

Would agree with these points.  Knowing what good home cooking is very important, as is access to world class fine dining establishments.  I don't have the most healthy diet, way too much red meat for sure and not enough greens, but when you're cooking yourself it's almost always more nutritious than fast food or the average diner, and typically tastes better too.  I make myself dinner almost every night, and on the rare occasions we eat out, maybe bi-monthly, we can go to great restaurants and splurge.  Eating out at crappy places on a consistent basis isn't cheap, the last time I was stuck and had to grab a burger at McDonald's, I was shocked at how much they charge now.  And a meal at a diner will probably run you $20 bucks a plate.  If it's between doing that consistently, or cooking yourself more and then spending $50-$60 a plate at a real restaurant, why not do the latter?  Cheaper in the long run, more nutritional value, and you learn what real food tastes like.  Even when it tastes halfway decent, fast food, pizza, etc. leaves me with a bit of a queasy feeling afterwards, like my body is trying to reject it.   


And you're talking new york prices. I can eat at great places for 10-30 dollars a plate here. Fast food is still 5-10 per meal, on average. I'll pay a couple of extra bucks and a tip for such a quality increases. And like Rossi said, I can outcook anything I find at a fast food place in my kitchen.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Current time is 09:34 am  
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > General Discussion > Tell Me Which Foods Are OVER-RATED Top




UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems