WowBB Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Pro Wrestling > WCW DVDs sell better than All WWE releases for last quarter

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
WCW DVDs sell better than All WWE releases for last quarter  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: Mon Dec 9th, 2013 02:29 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
bpickering
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Tue Nov 13th, 2007
Location: Highspire, Pennsylvania USA
Posts: 18320
Status: 
Offline
pwinsider.com


Due to the strong sales of WCW-centric DVD collections, WWE is already formulating ideas for a lot of similar DVD releases over the next few years. The Best of Nitro Volume 2, Goldberg and Wargames DVD compilations sold better over the last quarter than all WWE DVD releases beyond Wrestlemania 29.



____________________
"22 years of my fucking life just got fucking ruined!!!!"---Fan outside Wrestlemania XXX

PRO WRESTLING HALL OF FAME: http://www.angelfire.com/pa5/old (updated September 2 2018)

RIP UNITED STATES OF AMERICA 1776-2016
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Mon Dec 9th, 2013 02:54 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
martini
Sunny's White Knight


Joined: Fri Aug 13th, 2010
Location:  
Posts: 4037
Status: 
Offline
WCW fans are in their mid-20s or older now. Makes sense they want to relive that part of their childhood/teen years..



____________________
Shaken, but not stirred.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Mon Dec 9th, 2013 04:09 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
tamalie
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Mon Oct 22nd, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 4918
Status: 
Offline
Plus you can only repackage the best of Summerslam or put out an Austin compilation so many times before you've saturated the market. It's natural that fans would gravitate towards less seen material.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Dec 10th, 2013 01:21 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Boz1515



Joined: Sat May 26th, 2012
Location:  
Posts: 2080
Status: 
Offline
Yeah, the documentaries about that time period are very good as well.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Dec 10th, 2013 03:23 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
NCJames

 

Joined: Sat Nov 17th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 355
Status: 
Offline
Is there a documentary on the War Games set or is it just the matches?

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Dec 10th, 2013 08:06 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
beejmi
THE BIG KAHUNA


Joined: Sat Oct 13th, 2007
Location: Philly
Posts: 43818
Status: 
Offline
It's also a commentary on your current product if people want your competitor's stuff from 15 years ago

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Dec 10th, 2013 08:17 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
Count Grog
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Sun Oct 21st, 2007
Location: Fuquay Varina, NC, USA
Posts: 15720
Status: 
Offline
beejmi wrote: It's also a commentary on your current product if people want your competitor's stuff from 15 years ago

WCW sucked but its better than this era in the WWE



____________________
Most people don't care if you're telling them the truth or if you're telling them a lie, as long as they're entertained by it. - Tom Waits

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Dec 10th, 2013 11:19 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
DJP

 

Joined: Wed Jul 1st, 2009
Location:  
Posts: 1021
Status: 
Offline
NCJames wrote:
Is there a documentary on the War Games set or is it just the matches?

Not really a doc, just Dusty giving a little history/insight before each match. In general, his segments revolve mainly around how great it was in the beginning before Turner took over and WCW killed it. The highlight is him talking about Col. Parker shitting himself in 1994.



____________________
I live alone. I train alone. I'll win the title alone.

-Clubber Lang
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Dec 11th, 2013 01:57 am
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
Sad_Astronaut



Joined: Wed Jan 13th, 2010
Location: Kitchener, ON
Posts: 800
Status: 
Offline
DJP wrote:
NCJames wrote:
Is there a documentary on the War Games set or is it just the matches?
Not really a doc, just Dusty giving a little history/insight before each match. In general, his segments revolve mainly around how great it was in the beginning before Turner took over and WCW killed it. The highlight is him talking about Col. Parker shitting himself in 1994.

Don't forget the edited commentary which I believe is Jesse Ventura's commentary removed from the 1992 match. It's so obvious as Schiavone is saying brief short comments followed by lengthy moments of no talking. Quite frustrating.



____________________
Everything was better yesterday.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Dec 11th, 2013 09:47 am
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
Papa Voo



Joined: Thu Jan 17th, 2008
Location: Right Outside The Burgh, USA
Posts: 9688
Status: 
Offline
So now we will get one Nitro match cushioned by three Cena matches, two Rock matches and two Austin matches. Shawn Michaels ladder match will also be included.



____________________
“Anybody notice that Papa Voo can make all these posts, despite the fact he hasn't been logged in all night? #S&W (Scumbag Liars & Worthless Trash)“

-(Comedian/Troll Wanna Be) Heenan Fan-
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Dec 11th, 2013 08:15 pm
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
DJP

 

Joined: Wed Jul 1st, 2009
Location:  
Posts: 1021
Status: 
Offline
Sad_Astronaut wrote:
DJP wrote:
NCJames wrote:
Is there a documentary on the War Games set or is it just the matches?
Not really a doc, just Dusty giving a little history/insight before each match. In general, his segments revolve mainly around how great it was in the beginning before Turner took over and WCW killed it. The highlight is him talking about Col. Parker shitting himself in 1994.

Don't forget the edited commentary which I believe is Jesse Ventura's commentary removed from the 1992 match. It's so obvious as Schiavone is saying brief short comments followed by lengthy moments of no talking. Quite frustrating.


1992 and 1993. '92 is Jim Ross and '93 is Schiavone.



____________________
I live alone. I train alone. I'll win the title alone.

-Clubber Lang
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Dec 11th, 2013 09:37 pm
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
Sad_Astronaut



Joined: Wed Jan 13th, 2010
Location: Kitchener, ON
Posts: 800
Status: 
Offline
DJP wrote: Sad_Astronaut wrote:
DJP wrote:
NCJames wrote:
Is there a documentary on the War Games set or is it just the matches?
Not really a doc, just Dusty giving a little history/insight before each match. In general, his segments revolve mainly around how great it was in the beginning before Turner took over and WCW killed it. The highlight is him talking about Col. Parker shitting himself in 1994.

Don't forget the edited commentary which I believe is Jesse Ventura's commentary removed from the 1992 match. It's so obvious as Schiavone is saying brief short comments followed by lengthy moments of no talking. Quite frustrating.


1992 and 1993. '92 is Jim Ross and '93 is Schiavone.

1991 maybe?  I was guessing as I recall seeing WCW World Wide programs on 24/7 that had Schiavone and Ventura.  So this must be the fall 1991?



____________________
Everything was better yesterday.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Dec 11th, 2013 10:04 pm
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
DJP

 

Joined: Wed Jul 1st, 2009
Location:  
Posts: 1021
Status: 
Offline
Sad_Astronaut wrote:
DJP wrote: Sad_Astronaut wrote:
DJP wrote:
NCJames wrote:
Is there a documentary on the War Games set or is it just the matches?
Not really a doc, just Dusty giving a little history/insight before each match. In general, his segments revolve mainly around how great it was in the beginning before Turner took over and WCW killed it. The highlight is him talking about Col. Parker shitting himself in 1994.

Don't forget the edited commentary which I believe is Jesse Ventura's commentary removed from the 1992 match. It's so obvious as Schiavone is saying brief short comments followed by lengthy moments of no talking. Quite frustrating.


1992 and 1993. '92 is Jim Ross and '93 is Schiavone.

1991 maybe?  I was guessing as I recall seeing WCW World Wide programs on 24/7 that had Schiavone and Ventura.  So this must be the fall 1991?


No, I mean Jesse's commentary is removed from both the 1992 and '93 WarGames matches. For the '92 match he was partnered with Jim Ross and for the '93 match he was partnered with Schiavone. So it's just their commentary minus Jesse or any interaction they may have had with him.

The 1991 match had Sid Vicious audibly calling spots and that's also edited out.

The 1991 and '92 WarGames matches took place at WrestleWar. WrestleWar '91 was in February and the '92 edition was in May. Jesse didn't join WCW until '92. They didn't start having WarGames in the Fall until 1993 when they made Fall Brawl the annual PPV for September (that name was initially the subtitle of the September edition of the Clash of the Champions).



____________________
I live alone. I train alone. I'll win the title alone.

-Clubber Lang
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu Dec 12th, 2013 01:54 am
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
BuddyPSHayes



Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Anywhere I Damn Well Please
Posts: 3972
Status: 
Online
beejmi wrote:
It's also a commentary on your current product if people want your competitor's stuff from 15 years ago


...which is vastly inferior to what your company was doing 15 years ago.



____________________


"The only area I can think of to avoid in Houston is Houston." - srossi
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu Dec 12th, 2013 03:00 am
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
ChrisOTL

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 1312
Status: 
Offline
beejmi wrote: It's also a commentary on your current product if people want your competitor's stuff from 15 years ago


Not really.

Most people buying that stuff are much like people from this board, guys in their 30's 40's, perhaps older, who just yearn for "the way it used to be".

I don't happen to like the current product much myself, so I rarely watch. However, I have friends who have kids who are just kind of entering their teenage years, and they eat this shit up. They either love Cena, or they hate him, (and most kids love him) but when a show comes to town, they wanna go to it. I'd liken it to what Vince did in the 80's when he created the whole cartoon super character thing. I'm sure older fans at the time hated that, they had to of. But, it allowed him to create a new fanbase, all of whom would continue to be interested in the business for years, and would have dispensable income once their parents stopped paying for them, so they would continue being fans, and ticket/ppv buyers.

That's us. He's just creating it again. Only this time, we're the old geezers.

Last edited on Thu Dec 12th, 2013 03:02 am by ChrisOTL

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Current time is 11:37 pm Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page    
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Pro Wrestling > WCW DVDs sell better than All WWE releases for last quarter Top




UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems