WowBB Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > General Discussion > Chicagoans send a clear message to Rahm

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Chicagoans send a clear message to Rahm  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: Thu Feb 26th, 2015 05:59 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
BlueThunder



Joined: Mon Jun 6th, 2011
Location:  
Posts: 2173
Status: 
Offline
Rahm spent millions of dollars and has the president openly campaign for him in his bid to be re-elected as mayor of Chicago and only 33% of voters came out. He couldn't get the 50 plus 1 to win the election. A little known politician by the name of Jesus "Chuy" Garcia entered the race 3 months ago and will square off against Rahm in April. I'm not geeked up with Garcia, but I absolutely hate that little fairy ballerina that I'd vote for anyone against him. 

This is truly the case of "money can't buy me love".

Last edited on Thu Feb 26th, 2015 08:53 am by BlueThunder

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu Feb 26th, 2015 07:36 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Blazer
Mr Monday Night!


Joined: Sun Sep 4th, 2011
Location:  
Posts: 5984
Status: 
Online
Rahm got 45 percent of the vote. Chuy got 34%. Rahm spent millions of dollars, Chuy just a fraction of that. If Chuy can get the votes from Willie Wilson and the other candidates that lost yesterday, this could be VERY interesting.



____________________
"Well, maybe I like the nightlife just a little bit more than I like the damn gym, jack! And when you're makin' $500,000 a year, there ain't no reason to change what you're doing." - Dusty Rhodes, 1/4/1986
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu Feb 26th, 2015 08:25 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Chitown Rich

 

Joined: Mon Aug 25th, 2008
Location:  
Posts: 776
Status: 
Offline
I agree with both of your points.

I live in the 11th ward which has always been a Daley stronghold and the grandkid/nephew of both Daleys is facing a runoff against someone who has never run a political race.
It's really unbelievable that this should happen in the 11th ward.

It's going to be a crazy six weeks to the elections.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu Feb 26th, 2015 08:52 am
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
BlueThunder



Joined: Mon Jun 6th, 2011
Location:  
Posts: 2173
Status: 
Offline
Chuy has to come alive. He's not really fiery or energetic. If he can sway the people who voted for the other candidates, he can slay the giant. I voted for Wilson, but my second choice was Chuy. I doubt very seriously that Rahm was the second choice for the people who voted for the other candidates.


Any city worker who would vote for Rahm should have their heads examined. All city workers MUST get out and vote and beg their friends and family members to do the same.


Rich, just curious, why is little Daley in the run off? I don't have my finger on the pulse of that ward. I would have thought that name alone would have had him coast.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu Feb 26th, 2015 08:25 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
Chitown Rich

 

Joined: Mon Aug 25th, 2008
Location:  
Posts: 776
Status: 
Offline
I voted for Garcia.
He's not the greatest but I hate Rahm. Rahm brought Obama in last week as you know to dedicate the first national park in Chicago in the Pullman District. There's a political writer in the Sun Times who wrote today that if Obama didn't come in for that political stunt for Rahm that Rahm may actually have lost. I don't think so but who knows.

The guy in the 11th ward is Patrick Daley Thompson.
He was on the Metropolitan Water District and now they're pushing him for alderman and some say grooming him for mayor.
This was supposed to be an easy election for Thompson but it wasn't. He's in a runoff against a 25 year old guy who has never run for office in his life but the people love the work he has done for the community and especially a little league that he runs in Canaryville.
Canaryville really went heavy for the new guy and that's where his strength is although he really lives in Bridgeport.

A lot of the people tell me that they are sick of the Daley name but I think Thompson is still the favorite. Thompson's lawn and window signs used to say vote for
PATRICK DALEY THOMPSON but the news ones just say THOMPSON.

Last edited on Thu Feb 26th, 2015 08:27 pm by Chitown Rich

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Mar 3rd, 2015 07:46 am
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
BlueThunder



Joined: Mon Jun 6th, 2011
Location:  
Posts: 2173
Status: 
Offline
Early polls show Rahm 42% and Garcia 38% Garcia has the momentum. This could truly be a Cinderella story.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Mar 3rd, 2015 07:52 am
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
Blazer
Mr Monday Night!


Joined: Sun Sep 4th, 2011
Location:  
Posts: 5984
Status: 
Online
Chitown Rich wrote: I voted for Garcia.
He's not the greatest but I hate Rahm. Rahm brought Obama in last week as you know to dedicate the first national park in Chicago in the Pullman District. There's a political writer in the Sun Times who wrote today that if Obama didn't come in for that political stunt for Rahm that Rahm may actually have lost. I don't think so but who knows.

The guy in the 11th ward is Patrick Daley Thompson.
He was on the Metropolitan Water District and now they're pushing him for alderman and some say grooming him for mayor.
This was supposed to be an easy election for Thompson but it wasn't. He's in a runoff against a 25 year old guy who has never run for office in his life but the people love the work he has done for the community and especially a little league that he runs in Canaryville.
Canaryville really went heavy for the new guy and that's where his strength is although he really lives in Bridgeport.

A lot of the people tell me that they are sick of the Daley name but I think Thompson is still the favorite. Thompson's lawn and window signs used to say vote for
PATRICK DALEY THOMPSON but the news ones just say THOMPSON.


Thompson is still on the MWRD Board.  Can he be an alderman and be on MWRD?



____________________
"Well, maybe I like the nightlife just a little bit more than I like the damn gym, jack! And when you're makin' $500,000 a year, there ain't no reason to change what you're doing." - Dusty Rhodes, 1/4/1986
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Mar 3rd, 2015 05:47 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
Chitown Rich

 

Joined: Mon Aug 25th, 2008
Location:  
Posts: 776
Status: 
Offline
Blazer wrote: Chitown Rich wrote: I voted for Garcia.
He's not the greatest but I hate Rahm. Rahm brought Obama in last week as you know to dedicate the first national park in Chicago in the Pullman District. There's a political writer in the Sun Times who wrote today that if Obama didn't come in for that political stunt for Rahm that Rahm may actually have lost. I don't think so but who knows.

The guy in the 11th ward is Patrick Daley Thompson.
He was on the Metropolitan Water District and now they're pushing him for alderman and some say grooming him for mayor.
This was supposed to be an easy election for Thompson but it wasn't. He's in a runoff against a 25 year old guy who has never run for office in his life but the people love the work he has done for the community and especially a little league that he runs in Canaryville.
Canaryville really went heavy for the new guy and that's where his strength is although he really lives in Bridgeport.

A lot of the people tell me that they are sick of the Daley name but I think Thompson is still the favorite. Thompson's lawn and window signs used to say vote for
PATRICK DALEY THOMPSON but the news ones just say THOMPSON.


Thompson is still on the MWRD Board.  Can he be an alderman and be on MWRD?

Good question.
I would think he'd have to resign from the MWRD.
There are 19 alderman run-off races. That's a very high number for what are supposed to be relatively easy races for incumbents.
I think when the weather breaks, hopefully next week, the races are going to get down and dirty and very interesting.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sat Mar 7th, 2015 06:31 am
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
Blazer
Mr Monday Night!


Joined: Sun Sep 4th, 2011
Location:  
Posts: 5984
Status: 
Online
So this is really going to get interesting now.

Chuy Garcia has vowed to get rid of all of the red light cameras in the City of Chicago if he wins. He said they will be turned off the first day he is in office.

Willie Wilson is suggesting he's "thinking about who to endorse", probably meaning he's looking for a nice contribution from $omeone.

Chuy is throwing it on the line. Dude may have just won the election with the red light promise.



____________________
"Well, maybe I like the nightlife just a little bit more than I like the damn gym, jack! And when you're makin' $500,000 a year, there ain't no reason to change what you're doing." - Dusty Rhodes, 1/4/1986
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sat Mar 7th, 2015 08:41 am
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
BlueThunder



Joined: Mon Jun 6th, 2011
Location:  
Posts: 2173
Status: 
Offline
Chuy kinda screwed up with originally objecting to the Obama library. Why on Earth would any candidate object to that? I mean, it makes no sense whatsoever. He did an about face on that, which should help him.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sun Mar 8th, 2015 01:25 am
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
Blazer
Mr Monday Night!


Joined: Sun Sep 4th, 2011
Location:  
Posts: 5984
Status: 
Online
The Trib called him out on the 180 yesterday, along with a bit of non-commiting earlier on the cameras. However, later in the article, they hammered Rahm too.

I'm serious - Chuy may win the election on this red light camera thing if he hammers it home.



____________________
"Well, maybe I like the nightlife just a little bit more than I like the damn gym, jack! And when you're makin' $500,000 a year, there ain't no reason to change what you're doing." - Dusty Rhodes, 1/4/1986
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sun Mar 8th, 2015 03:37 am
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
Chitown Rich

 

Joined: Mon Aug 25th, 2008
Location:  
Posts: 776
Status: 
Offline
Blazer wrote: The Trib called him out on the 180 yesterday, along with a bit of non-commiting earlier on the cameras. However, later in the article, they hammered Rahm too.

I'm serious - Chuy may win the election on this red light camera thing if he hammers it home.


I agree with the red light camera thing. People are fed up with it.

Rahm's latest commercials are sickening. He's sitting there in a sweater acting like a real nice guy saying maybe he's wrong to be himself and he'll have to change his aggressive behavior. I can't stand the guy.

Our aldermanic rae is getting dirtier and dirtier now.
The broken car windows have started and so have unsigned letters cursing people out among other things. It's going to get crazier here in the good ol' 11th ward.

Last edited on Sun Mar 8th, 2015 09:45 am by Chitown Rich

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sun Mar 8th, 2015 06:54 am
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
BlueThunder



Joined: Mon Jun 6th, 2011
Location:  
Posts: 2173
Status: 
Offline
Rahm pretty much admitted to the world that he's a dick with those commercials.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Current time is 04:29 pm  
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > General Discussion > Chicagoans send a clear message to Rahm Top




UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems