WowBB Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi Page:    1  2  3  4  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
BONG Verne Gagne  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: Tue Apr 28th, 2015 08:04 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Portalesman
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 7756
Status: 
Offline
I guess he died, according to facebook.



____________________
http://www.wrestlingfanssuck.com

Sixk of Portalsman and he is a total fucking loser and mark for himself. A bore. Dude has never been laid in his life.

Total piece of garbage and a reason I have left wrestling forums. drdelaware
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Apr 28th, 2015 08:56 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Principal_Raditch



Joined: Mon Feb 18th, 2008
Location:  
Posts: 6855
Status: 
Offline
Guess he couldn't choke out God.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Apr 28th, 2015 10:49 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Qaenos

 

Joined: Tue Jan 8th, 2008
Location: Massachusetts USA
Posts: 1115
Status: 
Offline
RIP. Didn't care for his wrestling personally, but he had an enormous impact on the business. So many top stars got their training/start/push from Verne.
Looking forward to hearing Hogan tweet something. I know they had their differences, but he has A LOT to thank Verne for.

Last edited on Tue Apr 28th, 2015 10:49 am by Qaenos

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Apr 28th, 2015 05:41 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
khawk
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 15725
Status: 
Offline
RIP.

I grew up watching the AWA and it's what hooked me into being a lifelong fan. Verne created that world for me and millions of others to enjoy.

I'm happy his family will have some peace now that Verne is at rest.

Thanks for the memories, Verne.



____________________
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Apr 28th, 2015 05:41 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
Blazer
Mr Monday Night!


Joined: Sun Sep 4th, 2011
Location:  
Posts: 6044
Status: 
Offline
RIP



____________________
"Well, maybe I like the nightlife just a little bit more than I like the damn gym, jack! And when you're makin' $500,000 a year, there ain't no reason to change what you're doing." - Dusty Rhodes, 1/4/1986
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Apr 28th, 2015 05:58 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
the squared circle
Mr Hockey


Joined: Thu Feb 21st, 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 7764
Status: 
Online
Qaenos wrote: RIP. Didn't care for his wrestling personally, but he had an enormous impact on the business.
+ 1 RIP

 

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Apr 28th, 2015 06:04 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
khawk
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 15725
Status: 
Offline
Someone in another forum pointed out that Verne was one of the few, if not the only, person that could make a legitimate HOF case three separate times: As a Wrestler, a Trainer, and a Promoter.

His wrestling legacy is even more impressive when you think about it like that.



____________________
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Apr 28th, 2015 06:51 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
bpickering
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Tue Nov 13th, 2007
Location: Highspire, Pennsylvania USA
Posts: 17836
Status: 
Online
http://www.angelfire.com/pa5/old/other/gagne.html



____________________
"22 years of my fucking life just got fucking ruined!!!!"---Fan outside Wrestlemania XXX

PRO WRESTLING HALL OF FAME: http://www.angelfire.com/pa5/old (updated September 2 2018)

RIP UNITED STATES OF AMERICA 1776-2016
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Apr 28th, 2015 06:55 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 49574
Status: 
Offline
R.I.P.  He shouldn't be remembered during for the tragic last few years of his life.  He was one of the all-time greats.



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Apr 28th, 2015 07:11 pm
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
chrob61



Joined: Thu Nov 18th, 2010
Location: Michigan USA
Posts: 2091
Status: 
Offline
RIP to Verne.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Apr 28th, 2015 07:21 pm
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
dogfacedgremlin34
Will Kick Your Ass At Fantasy Football


Joined: Fri Feb 8th, 2008
Location: Massachusetts USA
Posts: 10016
Status: 
Offline
khawk wrote: Someone in another forum pointed out that Verne was one of the few, if not the only, person that could make a legitimate HOF case three separate times: As a Wrestler, a Trainer, and a Promoter.

His wrestling legacy is even more impressive when you think about it like that.

To a (much) lesser degree, couldn't you make the same argument for Stu Hart?



____________________
"I'm putting your worthless fucking ass on ignore so I don't have to read anymore of your pompous arrogant New York big shot bullshit. Good fucking riddance, fuckhead."-Angelic Assassin to rossi
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Apr 28th, 2015 07:37 pm
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
GregOliver

 

Joined: Fri Aug 22nd, 2008
Location:  
Posts: 236
Status: 
Offline
dogfacedgremlin34 wrote: khawk wrote: Someone in another forum pointed out that Verne was one of the few, if not the only, person that could make a legitimate HOF case three separate times: As a Wrestler, a Trainer, and a Promoter.

His wrestling legacy is even more impressive when you think about it like that.

To a (much) lesser degree, couldn't you make the same argument for Stu Hart?

Stu Hart was never a nationally-known wrestler anywhere, but Gagne was one of the top stars of all-time. 
Even training-wise, I'd give Gagne a big edge, though he had Billy Robinson doing a lot of the actual grunt work -- not a bad second in command!
As for the promotional end, his AWA territory was massive at one point, but he just couldn't change with the industry as TV went to cable and it became national. Stu Hart's Stampede territory was massive too, but it's apples to oranges, as Gagne was promoting huge cities on a regular basis where the population dwarfed Hart's big Canadian cities of Calgary, Edmonton and Regina.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Apr 28th, 2015 07:39 pm
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
bpickering
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Tue Nov 13th, 2007
Location: Highspire, Pennsylvania USA
Posts: 17836
Status: 
Online
https://www.facebook.com/joe.ciupik/videos/10153935988809762/



____________________
"22 years of my fucking life just got fucking ruined!!!!"---Fan outside Wrestlemania XXX

PRO WRESTLING HALL OF FAME: http://www.angelfire.com/pa5/old (updated September 2 2018)

RIP UNITED STATES OF AMERICA 1776-2016
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Apr 28th, 2015 07:41 pm
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
Chitown Rich

 

Joined: Mon Aug 25th, 2008
Location:  
Posts: 785
Status: 
Offline
RIP Verne Gagne

One of the all-time greats.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Apr 28th, 2015 08:10 pm
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
khawk
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 15725
Status: 
Offline
GregOliver wrote: dogfacedgremlin34 wrote: khawk wrote: Someone in another forum pointed out that Verne was one of the few, if not the only, person that could make a legitimate HOF case three separate times: As a Wrestler, a Trainer, and a Promoter.

His wrestling legacy is even more impressive when you think about it like that.

To a (much) lesser degree, couldn't you make the same argument for Stu Hart?

Stu Hart was never a nationally-known wrestler anywhere, but Gagne was one of the top stars of all-time. 
Even training-wise, I'd give Gagne a big edge, though he had Billy Robinson doing a lot of the actual grunt work -- not a bad second in command!
As for the promotional end, his AWA territory was massive at one point, but he just couldn't change with the industry as TV went to cable and it became national. Stu Hart's Stampede territory was massive too, but it's apples to oranges, as Gagne was promoting huge cities on a regular basis where the population dwarfed Hart's big Canadian cities of Calgary, Edmonton and Regina.

 

There are others that can be considered, of course, but that would end up being a very exclusive club at the end of the day regardless.



____________________
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Current time is 06:49 pm Page:    1  2  3  4  Next Page Last Page    
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Pro Wrestling > BONG Verne Gagne Top




UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems