WowBB Forums Home 
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Games, Contests & Tournaments > Wrestlemania 32 Pick Em Pool SUNDAY 4-3-16

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi  
AuthorPost
beejmi
The Big Kahuna


Joined: Sat Oct 13th, 2007
Location: Philly
Posts: 40903
Status: 
Offline


This Sunday is it! The Super Bowl of Sports Entertainment. The show looks lackluster on paper but everyone gives 100% at Wrestlemania so I for I am expecting a show worth watching.



In addition to discussion on the board about the show, we are offering a DVD of the show to whomever our finest prognosticator turns out to be.



Here's How You Can Win



We lay out the matches. You pick the winners. You get to assign "confidence points" to your selections. Give seven points to the pick you are most sure of, six to the next surest pick, five to the next surest, etc. with your lowest rated pick being assigned only one point.



Picks have to be in and locked by 7 PM EST on Saturday which is the scheduled start of the show.



Because of the rather unpredictable nature of professional wrestling if a match is scrapped or a new match is introduced it is not part of the "pick em" competition




Triple H (c) vs. Roman Reigns     
WWE World Heavyweight Championship






Shane McMahon vs. The Undertaker     
Hell in a Cell  




Dean Ambrose vs. Brock Lesnar (with Paul Heyman)     
No Holds Barred Street Fight



Charlotte (c) (with Ric Flair) vs. Becky Lynch vs. Sasha Banks     
Triple Threat match for the WWE Divas Championship




The New Day (Big E, Kofi Kingston and Xavier Woods) vs. The League of Nations (Sheamus, Alberto Del Rio, Rusev and King Barrett)     
3-on-4 Handicap match




Kevin Owens (c) vs. Sami Zayn vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Zack Ryder vs. Sin Cara vs. The Miz vs. Stardust     
Ladder match for the WWE Intercontinental Championship


AJ Styles vs. Chris Jericho     


BONUS: Assign 3 additional points to your 'Stone Cold Mortal Lock', the match you think there's NO WAY that you are wrong about.

Good Luck to all contestants!

chrob61



Joined: Thu Nov 18th, 2010
Location: Michigan USA
Posts: 2032
Status: 
Offline
Triple H (c) vs. Roman Reigns     4
WWE World Heavyweight Championship






Shane McMahon vs. The Undertaker     6
Hell in a Cell  




Dean Ambrose vs. Brock Lesnar (with Paul Heyman)  7 + 3 confidence points  
No Holds Barred Street Fight



Charlotte (c) (with Ric Flair) vs. Becky Lynch vs. Sasha Banks 3   
Triple Threat match for the WWE Divas Championship




The New Day (Big E, Kofi Kingston and Xavier Woods) vs. The League of Nations (Sheamus, Alberto Del Rio, Rusev and King Barrett)     
3-on-4 Handicap match 1




Kevin Owens (c) vs. Sami Zayn vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Zack Ryder vs. Sin Cara vs. The Miz vs. Stardust     
Ladder match for the WWE Intercontinental Championship 2


AJ Styles vs. Chris Jericho   5  

beejmi
The Big Kahuna


Joined: Sat Oct 13th, 2007
Location: Philly
Posts: 40903
Status: 
Offline
Triple H (c) vs. Roman Reigns     6
Obvious that Triple H himself is going to try to get Reigns over







Shane McMahon vs. The Undertaker     3
Shane's schedule after Mania a dead-giveaway (won't be around much) besides if you have Shane win I don't think you can do that without watering down Brock's win.





Dean Ambrose vs. Brock Lesnar (with Paul Heyman)   2  
There's an underdog win every Wrestlemania and I'll take Ambrose here because he'll gain more from a win than Lesnar would and Ambrose just lost to Triple H on the WWE Network special




Charlotte (c) (with Ric Flair) vs. Becky Lynch vs. Sasha Banks     5
To me this looks like they have been building Banks up and all culminating and pointing to this show





The New Day (Big E, Kofi Kingston and Xavier Woods) vs. The League of Nations (Sheamus, Alberto Del Rio, Rusev and King Barrett)     
4 points. Team w less wrestlers wins handicapped match more often than not





Kevin Owens (c) vs. Sami Zayn vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Zack Ryder vs. Sin Cara vs. The Miz vs. Stardust     1
No opinion. High variance match. Lots of possibilities. Only worth a one point guess.



AJ Styles vs. Chris Jericho   - 7 + 3 Bonus
Jericho has the worst PPV record and will job for anyone  . No reason for him to win.

khawk
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 15465
Status: 
Offline
Triple H (c) vs. Roman Reigns     WWE World Heavyweight Championship  7 PTS MORTAL LOCKShane McMahon vs. The Undertaker     6 ptsHell in a Cell  Dean Ambrose vs. Brock Lesnar (with Paul Heyman)     5 ptsNo Holds Barred Street FightCharlotte (c) (with Ric Flair) vs. Becky Lynch vs. Sasha Banks     Triple Threat match for the WWE Divas Championship   1 ptThe New Day (Big E, Kofi Kingston and Xavier Woods) vs. The League of Nations (Sheamus, Alberto Del Rio, Rusev and King Barrett)     4 pts3-on-4 Handicap matchKevin Owens (c) vs. Sami Zayn vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Zack Ryder vs. Sin Cara vs. The Miz vs. Stardust     Ladder match for the WWE Intercontinental Championship  3 ptsAJ Styles vs. Chris Jericho     2 ptsBONUS: Assign 3 additional points to your 'Stone Cold Mortal Lock', the match you think there's NO WAY that you are wrong about.

khawk
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 15465
Status: 
Offline
Fucking formatting blows here now for some reason.

Mortal Lock is the Reigns match not the Undertaker one FYI.

srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 48501
Status: 
Offline
Triple H (c) vs. Roman Reigns  - 5 pts.   

Shane McMahon vs. The Undertaker   - 1 pt.  

Dean Ambrose vs. Brock Lesnar (with Paul Heyman)  - 3 pts.   

Charlotte (c) (with Ric Flair) vs. Becky Lynch vs. Sasha Banks - 4 pts.    

The New Day (Big E, Kofi Kingston and Xavier Woods) vs. The League of Nations (Sheamus, Alberto Del Rio, Rusev and King Barrett) - 7 pts. + 3 confidence pts.    

Kevin Owens (c) vs. Sami Zayn vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Zack Ryder vs. Sin Cara vs. The Miz vs. Stardust  - 2 pts.   

AJ Styles vs. Chris Jericho - 6 pts.    


srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 48501
Status: 
Offline
khawk wrote: Mortal Lock is the Reigns match not the Undertaker one FYI.
Not so sure either is a mortal lock.  I'm expecting some swerves in the top 2 matches to try to add some spice.  Not even sure they'll both go off as advertised.  I could see Reigns vs. HHH being turned into a triple threat or Cena or Rollins or Orton or someone else walking out of there with the title.  Not sure of the health status of any of them but some major returns are expected shortly according to the rumor mill.  I really think anything can happen there. 

My mortal lock is...THE NEW DAY!  I mean, no way they're jobbing to the League given the way both factions have been booked. 

Last edited on Thu Mar 31st, 2016 05:48 pm by srossi

lobo316
Mr Baseball


Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Raptorville
Posts: 43042
Status: 
Offline

Triple H (c) vs. Roman Reigns -   5 pts   
WWE World Heavyweight Championship






Shane McMahon vs. The Undertaker - 10 pts     
Hell in a Cell  




Dean Ambrose vs. Brock Lesnar (with Paul Heyman) - 6 pts     
No Holds Barred Street Fight



Charlotte (c) (with Ric Flair) vs. Becky Lynch vs. Sasha Banks     
Triple Threat match for the WWE Divas Championship - 2 pts




The New Day (Big E, Kofi Kingston and Xavier Woods) vs. The League of Nations (Sheamus, Alberto Del Rio, Rusev and King Barrett)     
3-on-4 Handicap match - 3 pts




Kevin Owens (c) vs. Sami Zayn vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Zack Ryder vs. Sin Cara vs. The Miz vs. Stardust     
Ladder match for the WWE Intercontinental Championship - 1 pt


AJ Styles vs. Chris Jericho - 4 pts     

lobo316
Mr Baseball


Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Raptorville
Posts: 43042
Status: 
Offline
srossi wrote:

My mortal lock is...THE NEW DAY!  I mean, no way they're jobbing to the League given the way both factions have been booked. 

I dunno. It's not a title match, so LON might win, setting up a title match
on the next PPV.
 

lobo316
Mr Baseball


Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Raptorville
Posts: 43042
Status: 
Offline
khawk wrote: Fucking formatting blows here now for some reason.



Are you using Google Chrome ?

beejmi
The Big Kahuna


Joined: Sat Oct 13th, 2007
Location: Philly
Posts: 40903
Status: 
Offline
Undertaker opened as a 4-1 favorite

Down to a 'pick em'

No logical reason for this

Script leak? Inside info?

mike3775



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Indiana USA
Posts: 17634
Status: 
Offline
Triple H (c) vs. Roman Reigns      5
WWE World Heavyweight Championship






Shane McMahon vs. The Undertaker     4
Hell in a Cell  




Dean Ambrose vs. Brock Lesnar (with Paul Heyman)     3
No Holds Barred Street Fight



Charlotte (c) (with Ric Flair) vs. Becky Lynch vs. Sasha Banks   6 
Triple Threat match for the WWE Divas Championship




The New Day (Big E, Kofi Kingston and Xavier Woods) vs. The League of Nations (Sheamus, Alberto Del Rio, Rusev and King Barrett)      1
3-on-4 Handicap match




Kevin Owens (c) vs. Sami Zayn vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Zack Ryder vs. Sin Cara vs. The Miz vs. Stardust   2  
Ladder match for the WWE Intercontinental Championship


AJ Styles vs. Chris Jericho     7 +3


BONUS: Assign 3 additional points to your 'Stone Cold Mortal Lock', the match you think there's NO WAY that you are wrong about.

Last edited on Sat Apr 2nd, 2016 11:34 pm by mike3775

beejmi
The Big Kahuna


Joined: Sat Oct 13th, 2007
Location: Philly
Posts: 40903
Status: 
Offline
Who you got in the handicapped tag match Mike?

srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 48501
Status: 
Offline
beejmi wrote: Undertaker opened as a 4-1 favorite

Down to a 'pick em'

No logical reason for this

Script leak? Inside info?

Probably because all the money was going the other way. As a 4-1 dog, smart money was on Shane. 

Last edited on Sat Apr 2nd, 2016 09:16 pm by srossi

mike3775



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Indiana USA
Posts: 17634
Status: 
Offline
beejmi wrote: Who you got in the handicapped tag match Mike?oops overlooked that one.

I edited my post

beejmi
The Big Kahuna


Joined: Sat Oct 13th, 2007
Location: Philly
Posts: 40903
Status: 
Offline
srossi wrote: beejmi wrote: Undertaker opened as a 4-1 favorite

Down to a 'pick em'

No logical reason for this

Script leak? Inside info?

Probably because all the money was going the other way. As a 4-1 dog, smart money was on Shane.

'Smart money' betting on rasslin?

Let me think about that

beejmi
The Big Kahuna


Joined: Sat Oct 13th, 2007
Location: Philly
Posts: 40903
Status: 
Offline
Khawk wins easily (26 points)

khawk
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 15465
Status: 
Offline
lobo316 wrote: khawk wrote: Fucking formatting blows here now for some reason.



Are you using Google Chrome ?

Yep.

khawk
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 15465
Status: 
Offline
Oh shit I won? lol.

Maybe the shitty formatting through Chrome is good luck.

srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 48501
Status: 
Offline
I got one match right.  That has to be some kind of record for ineptitude.  I should've known better than to pick the rational choices.

lobo316
Mr Baseball


Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Raptorville
Posts: 43042
Status: 
Offline
khawk wrote: lobo316 wrote: khawk wrote: Fucking formatting blows here now for some reason.



Are you using Google Chrome ?

Yep.


I thought so. My PC at work has both IE & [highlight= rgb(248, 248, 248);] [highlight= rgb(248, 248, 248);]Google Chrome. When I paste using  GC
the post ends up scrambled like yours. But when using IE, the results are OK.



UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems