WowBB Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi Page:    1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Aaron Judge  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Wed May 3rd, 2017 08:51 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 43405
Status: 
Offline
This kid probably needs his own thread.  What he's been doing is pretty spectacular.  It was obvious last season that he was going to be a powerhouse, but he also looked like he was destined to be a high strikeout hitter with huge holes in his swing, more of a mistake hitter who could blast it 450 feet if you hung one but someone who could be pitched to.

The first month of this season, he's cut down on his Ks, takes walks like crazy, and lines singles the other way in addition to hitting 12 homers and driving in 25 runs.  And on top of that, he's a great baserunner and somehow making diving catches in right field.  He's going to become the face of baseball if he continues to do even 65% of this going forward.  Trout never really caught on as the next Jeter despite his talent (west coast might have something to do with it), so he should probably watch his back.



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed May 3rd, 2017 10:17 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
freebirdsforever2001



Joined: Tue Jul 8th, 2008
Location: Pittsgrove, New Jersey USA
Posts: 19966
Status: 
Offline
srossi wrote: This kid probably needs his own thread.  What he's been doing is pretty spectacular.  It was obvious last season that he was going to be a powerhouse, but he also looked like he was destined to be a high strikeout hitter with huge holes in his swing, more of a mistake hitter who could blast it 450 feet if you hung one but someone who could be pitched to.

The first month of this season, he's cut down on his Ks, takes walks like crazy, and lines singles the other way in addition to hitting 12 homers and driving in 25 runs.  And on top of that, he's a great baserunner and somehow making diving catches in right field.  He's going to become the face of baseball if he continues to do even 65% of this going forward.  Trout never really caught on as the next Jeter despite his talent (west coast might have something to do with it), so he should probably watch his back.

Trout & Harper are the faces of baseball and will continue to be so for the next 10-15 years.



____________________

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu May 4th, 2017 06:17 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Benlen



Joined: Sun Oct 21st, 2007
Location: Milpitas, California USA
Posts: 12287
Status: 
Offline
freebirdsforever2001 wrote: srossi wrote: This kid probably needs his own thread.  What he's been doing is pretty spectacular.  It was obvious last season that he was going to be a powerhouse, but he also looked like he was destined to be a high strikeout hitter with huge holes in his swing, more of a mistake hitter who could blast it 450 feet if you hung one but someone who could be pitched to.

The first month of this season, he's cut down on his Ks, takes walks like crazy, and lines singles the other way in addition to hitting 12 homers and driving in 25 runs.  And on top of that, he's a great baserunner and somehow making diving catches in right field.  He's going to become the face of baseball if he continues to do even 65% of this going forward.  Trout never really caught on as the next Jeter despite his talent (west coast might have something to do with it), so he should probably watch his back.

Trout & Harper are the faces of baseball and will continue to be so for the next 10-15 years.
If the Angels continue  to suck  no one will care about Trout  anymore.  The east coast will eat up Judge and Sanchez if the  Yanks win.



____________________
Only thing harder than achieving excellence is maintaining it.
Dream Well. It may come true.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu May 4th, 2017 01:46 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
lobo316



Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New Capital For Suplex City
Posts: 40525
Status: 
Offline
He's had a great month. Lets see in he has a great year. Hell, let's see if he passes the PED tests.
I remember some people getting excited over Abreu a few years ago. He's just another player now.

I hope Judge is the real deal tho.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu May 4th, 2017 01:53 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
Superstar



Joined: Thu Jan 31st, 2008
Location:  
Posts: 4004
Status: 
Offline
Judge is a lot different than Harper. People actually like him. I want to see how he does after going around the league for a couple of months. He will always have power but if they figure out how to pitch him that is all he'll have. Before he becomes the face of baseball he has to prove he's better than even Stanton nevermind guys like Trout. But I will say this, if he keeps this up he will definitely become the face of the Yankees if he isn't already.



____________________
"Jack Brisco grabbed my testicles once but I told him "Brisco, you have exactly 15 minutes to get your hands off my balls"." -WongLee 7/22/2017
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu May 4th, 2017 02:08 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
freebirdsforever2001



Joined: Tue Jul 8th, 2008
Location: Pittsgrove, New Jersey USA
Posts: 19966
Status: 
Offline
Benlen wrote: freebirdsforever2001 wrote: srossi wrote: This kid probably needs his own thread.  What he's been doing is pretty spectacular.  It was obvious last season that he was going to be a powerhouse, but he also looked like he was destined to be a high strikeout hitter with huge holes in his swing, more of a mistake hitter who could blast it 450 feet if you hung one but someone who could be pitched to.

The first month of this season, he's cut down on his Ks, takes walks like crazy, and lines singles the other way in addition to hitting 12 homers and driving in 25 runs.  And on top of that, he's a great baserunner and somehow making diving catches in right field.  He's going to become the face of baseball if he continues to do even 65% of this going forward.  Trout never really caught on as the next Jeter despite his talent (west coast might have something to do with it), so he should probably watch his back.

Trout & Harper are the faces of baseball and will continue to be so for the next 10-15 years.
If the Angels continue  to suck  no one will care about Trout  anymore.  The east coast will eat up Judge and Sanchez if the  Yanks win.

Trout is all over the place now on a last place team. Besides, when he signs with the Phillies in 2020, he'll be even more recognizable.



____________________

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu May 4th, 2017 02:11 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
freebirdsforever2001



Joined: Tue Jul 8th, 2008
Location: Pittsgrove, New Jersey USA
Posts: 19966
Status: 
Offline
Superstar wrote: Judge is a lot different than Harper. People actually like him. I want to see how he does after going around the league for a couple of months. He will always have power but if they figure out how to pitch him that is all he'll have. Before he becomes the face of baseball he has to prove he's better than even Stanton nevermind guys like Trout. But I will say this, if he keeps this up he will definitely become the face of the Yankees if he isn't already.
This Judge kid is off to a good start, but  he'll fall back to reality soon enough.



____________________

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu May 4th, 2017 03:22 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
chrob61



Joined: Thu Nov 18th, 2010
Location: Michigan USA
Posts: 1685
Status: 
Offline
I'll never forget a player on the Tigers a few years ago "Red Pop" Chris Shelton. Had 8 HRs in April until the pitchers figured out how to pitch to him.

Here's hoping that Aaron Judge meets a better fate.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu May 4th, 2017 03:39 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
krazykid18

 

Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 1500
Status: 
Offline
freebirdsforever2001 wrote: srossi wrote: This kid probably needs his own thread.  What he's been doing is pretty spectacular.  It was obvious last season that he was going to be a powerhouse, but he also looked like he was destined to be a high strikeout hitter with huge holes in his swing, more of a mistake hitter who could blast it 450 feet if you hung one but someone who could be pitched to.

The first month of this season, he's cut down on his Ks, takes walks like crazy, and lines singles the other way in addition to hitting 12 homers and driving in 25 runs.  And on top of that, he's a great baserunner and somehow making diving catches in right field.  He's going to become the face of baseball if he continues to do even 65% of this going forward.  Trout never really caught on as the next Jeter despite his talent (west coast might have something to do with it), so he should probably watch his back.

Trout & Harper are the faces of baseball and will continue to be so for the next 10-15 years.

Damn Harper and Trout are the faces than baseball needs to do a better job promoting there stars because trout and harper are probably a little bit above Crosby and The Caps skater in terms of national known stars. 

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu May 4th, 2017 03:51 pm
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
nyhack56



Joined: Thu Oct 18th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 2171
Status: 
Offline
chrob61 wrote: I'll never forget a player on the Tigers a few years ago "Red Pop" Chris Shelton. Had 8 HRs in April until the pitchers figured out how to pitch to him.

Here's hoping that Aaron Judge meets a better fate.


Good point.  If Judge is going to be a good MLB hitter, then he'll make adjustments too.

He already made one from last year to this year in doing a better job laying off the outside breaking pitches.  Eventually, pitchers will counter that with something else, and he'll have to learn how to adjust to that too.

If he stays off the stuff out of the zone at the plate and stays healthy, he's going to be special.  He's 280 lbs and runs like a deer.  He covers a lot of ground in the OF and has a RF arm.  He hits the ball a mile.

 



____________________
For every dollar a man makes, a woman makes 70 cents. That's not fair, the man is only left with 30. -- Bo Burnham
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu May 4th, 2017 04:13 pm
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
freebirdsforever2001



Joined: Tue Jul 8th, 2008
Location: Pittsgrove, New Jersey USA
Posts: 19966
Status: 
Offline
krazykid18 wrote: freebirdsforever2001 wrote: srossi wrote: This kid probably needs his own thread.  What he's been doing is pretty spectacular.  It was obvious last season that he was going to be a powerhouse, but he also looked like he was destined to be a high strikeout hitter with huge holes in his swing, more of a mistake hitter who could blast it 450 feet if you hung one but someone who could be pitched to.

The first month of this season, he's cut down on his Ks, takes walks like crazy, and lines singles the other way in addition to hitting 12 homers and driving in 25 runs.  And on top of that, he's a great baserunner and somehow making diving catches in right field.  He's going to become the face of baseball if he continues to do even 65% of this going forward.  Trout never really caught on as the next Jeter despite his talent (west coast might have something to do with it), so he should probably watch his back.

Trout & Harper are the faces of baseball and will continue to be so for the next 10-15 years.

Damn Harper and Trout are the faces than baseball needs to do a better job promoting there stars because trout and harper are probably a little bit above Crosby and The Caps skater in terms of national known stars. 


Harper is in and does ads for at least 10 different products. Trout has around 5 -7 ads. Just because they might not be shown on BET or Telemundo, it doesn't mean that they're not be pushed.



____________________

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu May 4th, 2017 04:37 pm
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
LAF



Joined: Sat Oct 13th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 4381
Status: 
Offline
I saw Mike Trout on a box of hot pretzels. Otherwise I have never seen him or Harper in anything or even know what they look like.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu May 4th, 2017 04:43 pm
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
krazykid18

 

Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 1500
Status: 
Offline
LAF wrote: I saw Mike Trout on a box of hot pretzels. Otherwise I have never seen him or Harper in anything or even know what they look like.

Exactly but here goes freebird going straight to race rather than wanting MLB to do a better job at promoting there stars simple and plain in the 90's baseball had so many superstars who were recognizable now i wouldn't know Trout if he passed by me and thats a problem. 

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu May 4th, 2017 04:45 pm
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 43405
Status: 
Offline
freebirdsforever2001 wrote: krazykid18 wrote: freebirdsforever2001 wrote: srossi wrote: This kid probably needs his own thread.  What he's been doing is pretty spectacular.  It was obvious last season that he was going to be a powerhouse, but he also looked like he was destined to be a high strikeout hitter with huge holes in his swing, more of a mistake hitter who could blast it 450 feet if you hung one but someone who could be pitched to.

The first month of this season, he's cut down on his Ks, takes walks like crazy, and lines singles the other way in addition to hitting 12 homers and driving in 25 runs.  And on top of that, he's a great baserunner and somehow making diving catches in right field.  He's going to become the face of baseball if he continues to do even 65% of this going forward.  Trout never really caught on as the next Jeter despite his talent (west coast might have something to do with it), so he should probably watch his back.

Trout & Harper are the faces of baseball and will continue to be so for the next 10-15 years.

Damn Harper and Trout are the faces than baseball needs to do a better job promoting there stars because trout and harper are probably a little bit above Crosby and The Caps skater in terms of national known stars. 


Harper is in and does ads for at least 10 different products. Trout has around 5 -7 ads. Just because they might not be shown on BET or Telemundo, it doesn't mean that they're not be pushed.

I read in Sports Illustrated more than a year ago how Trout was considered a complete failure as the poster child of MLB. It's not happening no matter how much you want to believe it is. He's a good talent but isn't connecting with a national fanbase and can't get primo endorsements. 



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu May 4th, 2017 05:26 pm
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
Superstar



Joined: Thu Jan 31st, 2008
Location:  
Posts: 4004
Status: 
Offline
srossi wrote:I read in Sports Illustrated more than a year ago how Trout was considered a complete failure as the poster child of MLB. It's not happening no matter how much you want to believe it is. He's a good talent but isn't connecting with a national fanbase and can't get primo endorsements. 

Nobody cares about Trout because not even his home fanbase cares about him or their team.  Honestly, Albert Pujols has more credibility than Trout even today as far as face and name recognition goes.  If your home team does nothing to truly promote you, and your fanbase isn't paying to see you, you are screwed.  Add to it that SoCal doesn't really give a shit about baseball in general and 3/4 of the country isn't staying up past their bedtime to watch him play...means that Trout is basically not special.  I would argue that Kris Bryant is more of a face for baseball than Trout because there are Cubs fans nationwide and they all know who Bryant is (and they actually support him by buying his merch).

If Aaron Judge can just hit 25-30 HR per year and hit .275, he will PRINT money.  Because the Yankees fanbase has wanted somebody like him since Mo and Jeter retired.



____________________
"Jack Brisco grabbed my testicles once but I told him "Brisco, you have exactly 15 minutes to get your hands off my balls"." -WongLee 7/22/2017
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Current time is 04:24 am Page:    1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Page Last Page    
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Sports Talk > Aaron Judge Top




UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems