WowBB Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > General Discussion > Babyfaces, Bands, Bikers and Broads - NYC in the 1970s and 1980s

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3   
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Babyfaces, Bands, Bikers and Broads - NYC in the 1970s and 1980s  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sat Jul 29th, 2017 03:22 am
  PM Quote Reply
31st Post
Qaenos

 

Joined: Tue Jan 8th, 2008
Location: Massachusetts USA
Posts: 964
Status: 
Offline
WongLee - since you didn't mention it, I assume you didn't see Elvis at MSG in 1972. I've always heard that was one of the biggest events ever held at MSG. Do you know anyone who went?

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sat Jul 29th, 2017 04:47 am
  PM Quote Reply
32nd Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 42762
Status: 
Offline
Qaenos wrote: WongLee - since you didn't mention it, I assume you didn't see Elvis at MSG in 1972. I've always heard that was one of the biggest events ever held at MSG. Do you know anyone who went?
My parents were there.  You can probably count on one hand the number of concerts my father has been to, but that was one of them.  My mother has been to a few more and the other notable one she attended was The Beatles' Shea Stadium show in 1965.

Last edited on Sat Jul 29th, 2017 04:54 am by srossi



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sat Jul 29th, 2017 11:09 am
  PM Quote Reply
33rd Post
WongLee
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Fri Oct 19th, 2007
Location: Bay Shore, New York
Posts: 5950
Status: 
Offline
srossi wrote: Qaenos wrote: WongLee - since you didn't mention it, I assume you didn't see Elvis at MSG in 1972. I've always heard that was one of the biggest events ever held at MSG. Do you know anyone who went?
My parents were there.  You can probably count on one hand the number of concerts my father has been to, but that was one of them.  My mother has been to a few more and the other notable one she attended was The Beatles' Shea Stadium show in 1965.
Nope, the Elvis show was a little before my concert going time so to speak. I know a couple of people who had tickets to the 1977 Nassau Coliseum show which never happened because....fatal bowel obstruction.

Funny thing about parents and shows. I took my father to see KISS/Queensryche in 1984 at the Nassau Coliseum. We had an extra ticket and pops was a pretty staunch rocker. His favorite band was the Ramones believe it or not. He wore out his copy of It's Alive! on his walkman. Anywho, he absolutely loved the show but stench of weed was a little much for him.



____________________
— The Iron Sheik (@the_ironsheik) October 8, 2009
hello @Paula_Deen you have midget pig dick and dead dog tits I hope I see you I break your fucking fat neck bitch
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Aug 1st, 2017 04:29 am
  PM Quote Reply
34th Post
The Ultimate Sin
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown, Sri Lanka
Posts: 9376
Status: 
Offline
WongLee wrote: srossi wrote: I found writing all this stuff cathartic. I've never put all of these stories in one place. I hope everyone enjoyed it. I just want to make clear that I wasn't anyone special. You could take five kids I grew up with in Astoria and Jackson Heights and they could tell you their experiences and be blown away by it. It's all in the time and place.

I enjoyed it immensely. Your writings have officially surpassed Juanita Ford's Batista fan faction in my eyes.
Resst IN piece Juanita.
Juanita Ford died?  Damn!
On a side note I'd like to nominate this thread for classic status. There was a lot of great stories in here.



____________________
May I offer you some salt and vinegar chips?
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Aug 1st, 2017 11:20 pm
  PM Quote Reply
35th Post
WongLee
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Fri Oct 19th, 2007
Location: Bay Shore, New York
Posts: 5950
Status: 
Offline
The Ultimate Sin wrote: WongLee wrote: srossi wrote: I found writing all this stuff cathartic. I've never put all of these stories in one place. I hope everyone enjoyed it. I just want to make clear that I wasn't anyone special. You could take five kids I grew up with in Astoria and Jackson Heights and they could tell you their experiences and be blown away by it. It's all in the time and place.

I enjoyed it immensely. Your writings have officially surpassed Juanita Ford's Batista fan faction in my eyes.
Resst IN piece Juanita.
Juanita Ford died?  Damn!
On a side note I'd like to nominate this thread for classic status. There was a lot of great stories in here.
Seconded. C'mon beej, stop masturbating to pictures of Larry Bowa and put this in the Classic Thread Section.



____________________
— The Iron Sheik (@the_ironsheik) October 8, 2009
hello @Paula_Deen you have midget pig dick and dead dog tits I hope I see you I break your fucking fat neck bitch
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Aug 2nd, 2017 01:11 am
  PM Quote Reply
36th Post
Qaenos

 

Joined: Tue Jan 8th, 2008
Location: Massachusetts USA
Posts: 964
Status: 
Offline
WongLee wrote: The Ultimate Sin wrote: WongLee wrote: srossi wrote: I found writing all this stuff cathartic. I've never put all of these stories in one place. I hope everyone enjoyed it. I just want to make clear that I wasn't anyone special. You could take five kids I grew up with in Astoria and Jackson Heights and they could tell you their experiences and be blown away by it. It's all in the time and place.

I enjoyed it immensely. Your writings have officially surpassed Juanita Ford's Batista fan faction in my eyes.
Resst IN piece Juanita.
Juanita Ford died?  Damn!
On a side note I'd like to nominate this thread for classic status. There was a lot of great stories in here.
Seconded. C'mon beej, stop masturbating to pictures of Larry Bowa and put this in the Classic Thread Section.

Gets my vote (obviously).  WongLee delivered.  He had better stories than 95% of the shoot interviews out there, and had some genuine laugh-out-loud moments.  I'm convinced he stole that "you have 15 minutes to let go of my nuts" from somewhere - it's just too good.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Aug 2nd, 2017 02:40 am
  PM Quote Reply
37th Post
WongLee
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Fri Oct 19th, 2007
Location: Bay Shore, New York
Posts: 5950
Status: 
Offline
Qaenos wrote: I'm convinced he stole that "you have 15 minutes to let go of my nuts" from somewhere - it's just too good.
Hahahaha....maybe.......but you have to spend the rest of your life finding out where ;) ;)



____________________
— The Iron Sheik (@the_ironsheik) October 8, 2009
hello @Paula_Deen you have midget pig dick and dead dog tits I hope I see you I break your fucking fat neck bitch
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Aug 23rd, 2017 06:45 pm
  PM Quote Reply
38th Post
The Ultimate Sin
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown, Sri Lanka
Posts: 9376
Status: 
Offline
WongLee, I have a biker question for you.

If a biker is wearing the patch of a different club upside down on his vest what does that mean?

I saw this recently, but felt it may be unwise to ask.



____________________
May I offer you some salt and vinegar chips?
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Aug 23rd, 2017 11:44 pm
  PM Quote Reply
39th Post
WongLee
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Fri Oct 19th, 2007
Location: Bay Shore, New York
Posts: 5950
Status: 
Offline
The Ultimate Sin wrote: WongLee, I have a biker question for you.

If a biker is wearing the patch of a different club upside down on his vest what does that mean?

I saw this recently, but felt it may be unwise to ask.
I remember seeing this myself. My memory is foggy so don't quote me on this but I think it's like a cryptic Fuck You of some type. It sounds like a great way to get stabbed to me.



____________________
— The Iron Sheik (@the_ironsheik) October 8, 2009
hello @Paula_Deen you have midget pig dick and dead dog tits I hope I see you I break your fucking fat neck bitch
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Aug 23rd, 2017 11:55 pm
  PM Quote Reply
40th Post
The Ultimate Sin
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown, Sri Lanka
Posts: 9376
Status: 
Offline
I thought maybe he killed the guy he took it from, I didn't want to be next.



____________________
May I offer you some salt and vinegar chips?
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Fri Sep 1st, 2017 09:00 pm
  PM Quote Reply
41st Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 42762
Status: 
Offline
In the spirit of this thread, I would highly recommend that Wong, or anyone else interested in the scene, watch the new Netflix documentary "Who the Fuck is That Guy? The Fabulous Journey of Michael Alago".  Wong probably has heard of him and might have met him.  He was a gay Puerto Rican club kid who became the booker at The Ritz and later the A&R guy for Elektra who signed Metallica.  The doc is only an hour and 15 minutes but there are so many incredible photos and memories of The Ritz, CBGB, L'Amour, Roseland, etc. (all gone now with Webster Hall's closure last month).  Metallica, Johnny Rotten, Cyndi Lauper, Rob Zombie, and many others are interviewed.  Just really good stuff that gives you the vibe of late '70s to mid-'80s NYC. 

Last edited on Fri Sep 1st, 2017 09:03 pm by srossi



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sat Sep 2nd, 2017 03:36 pm
  PM Quote Reply
42nd Post
WongLee
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Fri Oct 19th, 2007
Location: Bay Shore, New York
Posts: 5950
Status: 
Offline
Thanks for the tip. I have to seek it out as I love anything NYC related from those day. The guys name does not ring a bell with me though.



____________________
— The Iron Sheik (@the_ironsheik) October 8, 2009
hello @Paula_Deen you have midget pig dick and dead dog tits I hope I see you I break your fucking fat neck bitch
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

Current time is 07:33 pm Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3     
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > General Discussion > Babyfaces, Bands, Bikers and Broads - NYC in the 1970s and 1980s Top




UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems