WowBB Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > The Video Vault > WWWF Championship Wrestling 2/25/78

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
WWWF Championship Wrestling 2/25/78  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Thu Aug 10th, 2017 01:56 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
SteveHelwagen

 

Joined: Thu Apr 7th, 2011
Location:  
Posts: 11
Status: 
Offline
I asked this question in the Clawmaster board but will ask here too ... does anybody have a link to video of the 2/25/78 Championship Wrestling show with Vince introducing Bob Backlund as the new WWF champ.
 
He won it on 2/20 and then they taped TV the next two days.
Any help appreciated!

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu Aug 10th, 2017 11:01 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
beejmi
The Big Kahuna


Joined: Sat Oct 13th, 2007
Location: Philly
Posts: 37574
Status: 
Offline
I'm a 'hardcore' WWWF TV collector and I have never seen it.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sun Aug 13th, 2017 03:41 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
SteveHelwagen

 

Joined: Thu Apr 7th, 2011
Location:  
Posts: 11
Status: 
Offline
beejmi wrote: I'm a 'hardcore' WWWF TV collector and I have never seen it.

I'm sad to hear that ... just curious how that was celebrated as Backlund was Vince Sr's hand-picked champion and the key to their future business ... they had to make a big deal of it but the finish was so flat with the foot on the ropes, could have treated it as a controversy more than a celebration ... and what Bruno had to say about it as well

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sun Aug 13th, 2017 03:42 am
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
SteveHelwagen

 

Joined: Thu Apr 7th, 2011
Location:  
Posts: 11
Status: 
Offline
"Veeeince I'm happy for him but Superstar has a right to be upset, too"

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sun Aug 13th, 2017 05:20 am
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
beejmi
The Big Kahuna


Joined: Sat Oct 13th, 2007
Location: Philly
Posts: 37574
Status: 
Offline
The show you want is the one where they trot out Ivan Koloff as the new champion. Imagine the insanity!

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sun Aug 13th, 2017 11:16 am
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
silentkiller



Joined: Thu Oct 18th, 2007
Location: Flatbush, Brooklyn
Posts: 1217
Status: 
Offline
SteveHelwagen wrote: beejmi wrote: I'm a 'hardcore' WWWF TV collector and I have never seen it.

I'm sad to hear that ... just curious how that was celebrated as Backlund was Vince Sr's hand-picked champion and the key to their future business ... they had to make a big deal of it but the finish was so flat with the foot on the ropes, could have treated it as a controversy more than a celebration ... and what Bruno had to say about it as well

There was no Bruno on commentary at that point. Vince did the TV solo still in early-mid 1978.



____________________
http://www.hoopshabit.com
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sun Aug 13th, 2017 06:21 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
SteveHelwagen

 

Joined: Thu Apr 7th, 2011
Location:  
Posts: 11
Status: 
Offline
Agreed on the Koloff one that would be cool to see what they said about that
I've seen the one after Graham beat Bruno and that was cool, they had him come out and pose with the belt so everybody could get the shot of the new champion
It was weird because Vince introduced a minute or 2 of highlights from the Graham-Bruno match but did not show the finish. They did the  same thing the next week or 2 (also taped the same time). Not sure if they ever did show the finish or not.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sun Aug 13th, 2017 07:49 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
WongLee
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Fri Oct 19th, 2007
Location: Bay Shore, New York
Posts: 6133
Status: 
Offline
silentkiller wrote: SteveHelwagen wrote: beejmi wrote: I'm a 'hardcore' WWWF TV collector and I have never seen it.

I'm sad to hear that ... just curious how that was celebrated as Backlund was Vince Sr's hand-picked champion and the key to their future business ... they had to make a big deal of it but the finish was so flat with the foot on the ropes, could have treated it as a controversy more than a celebration ... and what Bruno had to say about it as well

There was no Bruno on commentary at that point. Vince did the TV solo still in early-mid 1978.
Not even sure there was a Vince then. Could have been Ray Morgan still or even Bill Cardille who filled in for a while after Morgan quit.



____________________
— The Iron Sheik (@the_ironsheik) October 8, 2009
hello @Paula_Deen you have midget pig dick and dead dog tits I hope I see you I break your fucking fat neck bitch
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

Current time is 12:49 pm  
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > The Video Vault > WWWF Championship Wrestling 2/25/78 Top




UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems