WowBB Forums Home 
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Pro Wrestling > Spike Huber-Whats his story?

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi  
AuthorPost
The Ultimate Sin
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown, Sri Lanka
Posts: 9378
Status: 
Offline
It seems like he was a promising young talent.  I saw him in the AWA and WWF.

I believe I heard he was Dick the Bruiser's son in law and then was fooling around on Dick's daughter and got blackballed from wrestling.

What's the full story on that?  Did Dick have that much stroke to get someone banned nationally?

Was Spike's future bright, or was he an upper mid card kind of guy who got a push in WWA because his father-in-law was the boss?

srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 43002
Status: 
Offline
The Ultimate Sin wrote: It seems like he was a promising young talent.  I saw him in the AWA and WWF.

I believe I heard he was Dick the Bruiser's son in law and then was fooling around on Dick's daughter and got blackballed from wrestling.

What's the full story on that?  Did Dick have that much stroke to get someone banned nationally?

Was Spike's future bright, or was he an upper mid card kind of guy who got a push in WWA because his father-in-law was the boss?

Spike was a moderate talent at best who got pushed due to nepotism in Dick's territory and fucked that up.  I wouldn't say he got blackballed, he just wasn't good enough to get pushed anywhere else once Dick fired him.  But he bounced around and didn't disappear completely.  I want to say he even got some tryout matches in the WWF and might have jobbed for them during the 1984 expansion.

Last edited on Sat Aug 12th, 2017 05:24 pm by srossi

The Ultimate Sin
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown, Sri Lanka
Posts: 9378
Status: 
Offline
I found a little more info-

Spike was in the WWF in 84 & did St. Louis and Ohio shows. He was on an episode of Piper's Pit.

LAF



Joined: Sat Oct 13th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 4314
Status: 
Offline
He was a prelim guy at WWFs Chase tapings who would get more offense than your average jobber.

Blazer
Mr Hockey~!


Joined: Sun Sep 4th, 2011
Location:  
Posts: 4404
Status: 
Offline
He came into the Chase tapings with Dr. Jerry Graham, Jr, also from Bruiser's WWA. Graham was originally going to manage Studd before Piper was placed in that role, and then later Heenan in the Fall.

Principal_Raditch



Joined: Mon Feb 18th, 2008
Location:  
Posts: 6039
Status: 
Online
He also appeared for a bit in World Class in 1987 or so

lobo316



Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New Capital For Suplex City
Posts: 40353
Status: 
Offline
No charisma & lousy on the mic.

The Ultimate Sin
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown, Sri Lanka
Posts: 9378
Status: 
Offline
Blazer wrote: He came into the Chase tapings with Dr. Jerry Graham, Jr, also from Bruiser's WWA. Graham was originally going to manage Studd before Piper was placed in that role, and then later Heenan in the Fall.
Did he manage Adonis and Murdoch during those St. Louis tapings?  I have an audio on cassette and they have a manager I've never heard of.

Prosperity

 

Joined: Fri Apr 24th, 2015
Location:  
Posts: 7
Status: 
Offline
He popped up in the USWA in 1994.

tamalie
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Mon Oct 22nd, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 3440
Status: 
Offline
Bruiser Brody booked World Class from around December of 1986 to May of 1987. He liked Spike Huber from their Indianapolis days and brought him in as a favor and to fill a vacant babyface roster spot after Dingo Warrior quit (he'd come back briefly before going to the WWF). Spike's spot teaming with Brody as Red River Jack at the Texas Stadium show was meant for Warrior. He did a union laborer gimmick with a hard hat and was gone after maybe two months. He looked good, but was short and didn't have much to make a fan want to see him.

lobo316



Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New Capital For Suplex City
Posts: 40353
Status: 
Offline
The Ultimate Sin wrote: I found a little more info-

Spike was in the WWF in 84 & did St. Louis and Ohio shows. He was on an episode of Piper's Pit.


Here's part of the Piper's Pit episode. Huber has as much personality as a wet towel.









UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems