WowBB Forums Home 
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Pro Wrestling > Rumor: Neville quits WWE

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi  
AuthorPost
LAF



Joined: Sat Oct 13th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 4596
Status: 
Offline
A lot of talk that Neville walked out last night. Supposedly he was supposed to be the one to face Enzo in the Lumberjack Match last night. He was allegedly supposed to lose this match, did not like it one bit, and left. Kalisto was instead thrown in ahead of the announced TLC match and won the belt. There is a lot of talk that Raw was being re-written on the fly, and this was why.

I guess we will see what happens.

victhestick



Joined: Mon Apr 27th, 2009
Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA
Posts: 2409
Status: 
Online
What's with the tantrum? Neville was booked as a solid heel champion for most of the year.

srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 48495
Status: 
Offline
If true, that’s ridiculously short-sighted. Neville was helped more than anyone by the cruiserweight division, but he wasn’t going to be champion forever. After the non-existent push he received for most of his WWE career, I find it hard to believe he would walk out now after a couple of losses. I don’t think anyone is that big a mark anymore.

Kriss
Citizen of nowhere


Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 6484
Status: 
Offline
Neville/Pac was always about the wrestling. I don't think there was anything more he could do in WWE, and even on a show dedicated to Cruiserweights, he wasn't allowed to showcase his flippy-floppy moves. He's probably saved his WWE money, and he can earn good money wrestling only once or twice a week now. Maybe he just wants to go home.

kargol



Joined: Thu Oct 18th, 2007
Location: Brum, United Kingdom
Posts: 4327
Status: 
Offline
That doesn't make sense, the storyline has been consistent for at least three weeks. As soon as Neville attacked Enzo he could not get a title rematch; as soon as all of the other cruiserweights attacked Enzo none of them could get a title match; in which case the only way to get the title off Enzo was to get someone new in to do so. For once the storyline is logical.

Especially as Neville can now feud with Kalisto and get the belt back - or is now over enough as a heel to go back to the heavyweight roster.

So if he has walked out it would surely be for one of the latter reasons rather than because of the Enzo storyline.

bpickering
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Tue Nov 13th, 2007
Location: Highspire, Pennsylvania USA
Posts: 17606
Status: 
Offline
pwinsider.com

Since Monday's Raw, there has been a persistent rumor that Neville had quit WWE as he did not appear and was originally slated to wrestle Enzo Amore on Raw.

Numerous WWE sources have denied to PWInsider.com that Neville has departed the company.

srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 48495
Status: 
Offline
Was Neville mentioned last night on 205 Live? If they said his name, he hasn't quit.

bpickering
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Tue Nov 13th, 2007
Location: Highspire, Pennsylvania USA
Posts: 17606
Status: 
Offline
pwinsider.com

A few updates on the Neville-WWE situation:

*There have been reports that Neville walked out of Raw. That is incorrect. He was never on the road this past weekend as he did not work any of the live events and was not backstage, at any point, during Raw this past Monday. Mustafa Ali worked the Raw house shows, wrestling Enzo Amore, replacing Neville, who was originally slated for those shows.

*The original plan for Raw was Neville vs. Enzo Amore, but that was changed late in the day when it became known Neville would not be at the taping (possibly when everyone was made aware he wasn't going to be there), the decision was made to go with Kalisto and put the belt on him as a way to tie him to the legacy of Eddie Guerrero, as it was Guerrero's birthday and he legitimately helped inspire Kalisto to get into professional wrestling.

*According to two different sources, Neville has pushed for a release with the idea of leaving the company and building his name outside of it, similar to what Drew McIntyre did prior to his return to NXT. We have been told there were several factors Neville was unhappy with. One source claimed a souring point was being left off of the Wrestlemania 33 DVD, which meant no royalties from what is traditionally the biggest selling WWE DVD of the year.

*Neville is still under contract to the company and has not been released. It is entirely possible the two sides will come to terms and he will return to the company, but as of right now, we are told he is not factored in any of the current plans for the Cruiserweight division or any other WWE brand and is not slated to travel to any house shows

Boz1515



Joined: Sat May 26th, 2012
Location:  
Posts: 1499
Status: 
Offline
bpickering wrote: pwinsider.com

A few updates on the Neville-WWE situation:

*There have been reports that Neville walked out of Raw. That is incorrect. He was never on the road this past weekend as he did not work any of the live events and was not backstage, at any point, during Raw this past Monday. Mustafa Ali worked the Raw house shows, wrestling Enzo Amore, replacing Neville, who was originally slated for those shows.

*The original plan for Raw was Neville vs. Enzo Amore, but that was changed late in the day when it became known Neville would not be at the taping (possibly when everyone was made aware he wasn't going to be there), the decision was made to go with Kalisto and put the belt on him as a way to tie him to the legacy of Eddie Guerrero, as it was Guerrero's birthday and he legitimately helped inspire Kalisto to get into professional wrestling.

*According to two different sources, Neville has pushed for a release with the idea of leaving the company and building his name outside of it, similar to what Drew McIntyre did prior to his return to NXT. We have been told there were several factors Neville was unhappy with. One source claimed a souring point was being left off of the Wrestlemania 33 DVD, which meant no royalties from what is traditionally the biggest selling WWE DVD of the year.

*Neville is still under contract to the company and has not been released. It is entirely possible the two sides will come to terms and he will return to the company, but as of right now, we are told he is not factored in any of the current plans for the Cruiserweight division or any other WWE brand and is not slated to travel to any house shows


So to be clear, Neville doesn't have a wellness violation lol.


srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 48495
Status: 
Offline
On a related note, Meltzer is reporting that “many” WWE stars have been in touch with Cody Rhodes, and in some cases he’s put them in touch with the Young Bucks, seeking advice on the business side of being an indy wrestler. Cody is reportedly making significantly more on his own then he ever made with WWE and the Bucks are basically making more than anyone in the business not named John Cena. Neville might have been one of those who was inspired by their success, and Meltzer says more are to follow if WWE doesn’t start addressing some pay out grumbles.

Last edited on Sat Oct 14th, 2017 03:53 am by srossi

Matt Farmer

 

Joined: Fri Jun 3rd, 2011
Location: Seattle, Washington USA
Posts: 687
Status: 
Offline
The Bucks are doing great. But there are about a dozen guys in WWE making more than they are making combined.

Not a knock on the Bucks at all, but WWE has many seven figure guys. The Bucks (and Cody) are doing high mid-card level WWE type money which is excellent.

Superstar
2018 Poster of the Year


Joined: Thu Jan 31st, 2008
Location: Isle Of, Malta
Posts: 5319
Status: 
Offline
Matt Farmer wrote: The Bucks are doing great. But there are about a dozen guys in WWE making more than they are making combined.

Not a knock on the Bucks at all, but WWE has many seven figure guys. The Bucks (and Cody) are doing high mid-card level WWE type money which is excellent.
I don’t care how popular the Bucks are - a tag team won’t make that money in WWE, and WWE would try to split them up after 9 months.  Cody would have the ability to earn seven figures in WWE if given the opportunity.  But he’s never had the opportunity to main Event.  I think both are doing much better where they are than they would with WWE, but I cannot say that other current mid card guys could make their kind of money independently.

Matt Farmer

 

Joined: Fri Jun 3rd, 2011
Location: Seattle, Washington USA
Posts: 687
Status: 
Offline
Ask the New Day and they will disagree with you.
But you are right, where the Bucks and Rhodes are at now. They have more control over what they do. 
We see with WWE now there are many guys, especially many of the 205 Live guys who signed very low guarantee contracts and are only working a very limited schedule. They are not making great money. I know a few guys who were extremely happy they made it into the recent WWE video game as they'll get a pretty big pay check out of that (no where near what it was like 8 or 9 years ago).
The WWE system is very strange right now. You have guys working 205 Live that are working maybe once or twice a week, who are probably breaking even on the road. It would be better for them financially to be in NXT where those road expenses are taken care of. 

Last edited on Sat Oct 14th, 2017 11:20 pm by Matt Farmer

srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 48495
Status: 
Offline
Neville was removed the opening of 205 Live on last night's show.  However, Meltzer has been reporting for a while now that WWE will probably not grant him his release and will make him sit at home for the duration of his contract collecting his fairly modest downside guarantee as punishment for thinking he could leave and make big bucks on the indy scene.  I'm not sure how much longer he has on his deal, but it could be a very long time before you see him anywhere again.   

Kriss
Citizen of nowhere


Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 6484
Status: 
Offline
srossi wrote: Neville was removed the opening of 205 Live on last night's show.  However, Meltzer has been reporting for a while now that WWE will probably not grant him his release and will make him sit at home for the duration of his contract collecting his fairly modest downside guarantee as punishment for thinking he could leave and make big bucks on the indy scene.  I'm not sure how much longer he has on his deal, but it could be a very long time before you see him anywhere again.   
Surely he can give his 90 day notice?

He was featured briefly on Monday night's Ride Along episode, in a spot that could have easily been edited out, for whatever that's worth.

srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 48495
Status: 
Offline
Kriss wrote: srossi wrote: Neville was removed the opening of 205 Live on last night's show.  However, Meltzer has been reporting for a while now that WWE will probably not grant him his release and will make him sit at home for the duration of his contract collecting his fairly modest downside guarantee as punishment for thinking he could leave and make big bucks on the indy scene.  I'm not sure how much longer he has on his deal, but it could be a very long time before you see him anywhere again.   
Surely he can give his 90 day notice?

He was featured briefly on Monday night's Ride Along episode, in a spot that could have easily been edited out, for whatever that's worth.

I still don't think he can wrestle on TV elsewhere.  He needs to be granted a release.  That's why WWE has contracts.  I don't believe he can unilaterally say the contract is void and he can now appear elsewhere.  He can't be forced to work for WWE, but he can't work anywhere else either if they pay him his downside.  Didn't WCW do this with tons of guys and pay them to sit at home?

srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 48495
Status: 
Offline
PWInsider thinks Neville may be on his way back:

While the expectation in recent weeks has been that former WWE Cruiserweight champion Neville was on his way out of World Wrestling Entertainment, sources within the company have told PWInsider.com that there have been recent positive discussions between Neville and the company.   Obviously, we will see if that is soon the case.

There is a belief among some in the company that talks have gone so well that Neville could actually be returning to action for WWE before the end of the month.  One source even believed Neville could be back as soon as this week, but PWInsider.com has (as of this writing) not been able to confirm that is the case. 
Neville quietly disappeared from 205 Live storylines last month amongst stories that he had walked out of Raw after balking to losing a match to Enzo Amore. 

PWInsider.com quickly debunked the walkout story as Neville was never even on the road that week.  We later reported in the Elite section that the idea that Neville had refused to put over Amore again was shot down, specifically because the two had become close friends and regularly socialized away from WWE events.  

WWE sources immediately denied that Neville had been released from the company, he was later removed from the 205 Live opening.    At that time, however, two different sources told PWInsider.com that Neville had pushed for a WWE release with the idea of leaving the company and building his name outside of it, similar to what Drew McIntyre did prior to his return to NXT.  

As we reported at the time, until Neville was actually released, there was always a chance that the two sides could come to terms, paving the way for his return to the company.  If what we are hearing is correct, that road has been paved.
Neville has been with the company since signing a WWE developmental deal in July 2012.

Last edited on Mon Nov 13th, 2017 10:59 pm by srossi

srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 48495
Status: 
Offline
A year after walking out on WWE, Neville has finally returned to the ring under his old name PAC, quietly making an appearance in Dragon Gate where he teamed with Eita to defeat Shingo Takagi and BxB Hulk.  Neville primarily competed in Dragon Gate for years before signing with WWE.

It's a pretty uninspired comeback if you ask me.  You look at what Cody Rhodes did after his WWE release generating so much hype on social media and marketing himself as a hot free agent.  And then you have Neville who just goes back to his old name and his old company, which is the 4th biggest in Japan.  I find it hard to believe that if he played his cards right he couldn't have made a much bigger splash.

Franchise
Low key big hog


Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: D-ville
Posts: 3319
Status: 
Online
Give him a break he hardly had time to adjust to life outside of the WWE. Just wait to see what he does in 2020.

freebirdsforever2001
Fantasia is running wild!


Joined: Tue Jul 8th, 2008
Location: Pittsgrove, New Jersey USA
Posts: 20756
Status: 
Offline
srossi wrote: A year after walking out on WWE, Neville has finally returned to the ring under his old name PAC, quietly making an appearance in Dragon Gate where he teamed with Eita to defeat Shingo Takagi and BxB Hulk.  Neville primarily competed in Dragon Gate for years before signing with WWE.

It's a pretty uninspired comeback if you ask me.  You look at what Cody Rhodes did after his WWE release generating so much hype on social media and marketing himself as a hot free agent.  And then you have Neville who just goes back to his old name and his old company, which is the 4th biggest in Japan.  I find it hard to believe that if he played his cards right he couldn't have made a much bigger splash.

He should try and sign with New Japan.



UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems