WowBB Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Sports Talk > Aaron Rodgers Could Miss Rest Of The Season

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Aaron Rodgers Could Miss Rest Of The Season  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Mon Oct 16th, 2017 12:22 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
lobo316



Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New Capital For Suplex City
Posts: 40627
Status: 
Offline
The Green Bay Packers confirmed Aaron Rodgers suffered a broken collarboneSunday and admitted there's a chance he could miss the rest of the season.
Rodgers sustained the injury in the first quarter on a big hit from Minnesota Vikings linebacker Anthony Barr.
He was briefly taken to the medical tent before the cart was brought out for him.
If Rodgers is done for the year, the NFC suddenly looks radically different. The Packers had legitimate Super Bowl aspirations, and Brett Hundley has yet to prove himself capable of keeping the team afloat.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Mon Oct 16th, 2017 03:35 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
brodiescomics



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 3203
Status: 
Offline
Tony Romo is the answer.



____________________
You fuckers think just because a guy reads comics he can't start some shit?
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Mon Oct 16th, 2017 03:36 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Mysterious



Joined: Mon Aug 22nd, 2011
Location:  
Posts: 1508
Status: 
Offline
No excuse now. Sign Kap.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Mon Oct 16th, 2017 04:41 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
tamalie
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Mon Oct 22nd, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 3503
Status: 
Offline
Tony Romo has it made at CBS. He parachuted right into the A team with Jim Nantz and gets to work quasi national late afternoon games of the Steelers-Broncos variety instead of starting on the F team with Spero Dedes calling Bengals-Ravens to a smaller regional audience. Romo isn't everyone's cup of tea, but is getting good reviews. He'd be nuts to give up this spot and possibly not get it back in order to fill in for Rodgers for the rest of the season. He's going to get lots of endorsement and speaking opportunities as time goes on too via the CBS spot. I think he stays put and should.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Mon Oct 16th, 2017 05:09 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
brodiescomics



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 3203
Status: 
Offline
tamalie wrote: Tony Romo has it made at CBS. He parachuted right into the A team with Jim Nantz and gets to work quasi national late afternoon games of the Steelers-Broncos variety instead of starting on the F team with Spero Dedes calling Bengals-Ravens to a smaller regional audience. Romo isn't everyone's cup of tea, but is getting good reviews. He'd be nuts to give up this spot and possibly not get it back in order to fill in for Rodgers for the rest of the season. He's going to get lots of endorsement and speaking opportunities as time goes on too via the CBS spot. I think he stays put and should.
I think he has been great in the booth. But you can hear that he still has the desire to play in his voice. The Packers will at least send out feelers.



____________________
You fuckers think just because a guy reads comics he can't start some shit?
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Mon Oct 16th, 2017 06:04 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
tamalie
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Mon Oct 22nd, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 3503
Status: 
Offline
As a Vikings fan, I've dreamed of Brett Favre and then Aaron Rodgers suffering a severe injury for the past 25 years. Yes, it's petty and immature, but that's sports fandom. Anyway, I was in the stands yesterday and when Rodgers went down. The hit got me and the crowd up. It's the kind of thing fans live for. When it became clear that he was really hurt, I didn't expect it to be anything more than him spending a play or two on the sideline before returning. When he didn't, I went to Twitter to see what was up and was surprised to learn he'd been carted off the sideline to the locker room while I'd been focused on the action. Slowly word filtered out that this was something serious and eventually that his season was in jeopardy. I didn't feel the euphoria I'd expected, but, bad as this sounds, a slow feeling of satisfaction set in over it happening and having seen it, if not realized it initially. If there's a hell, my room is probably being prepared at this moment.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Mon Oct 16th, 2017 08:23 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
Ultimark



Joined: Sun Oct 28th, 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 5559
Status: 
Offline
brodiescomics wrote: tamalie wrote: Tony Romo has it made at CBS. He parachuted right into the A team with Jim Nantz and gets to work quasi national late afternoon games of the Steelers-Broncos variety instead of starting on the F team with Spero Dedes calling Bengals-Ravens to a smaller regional audience. Romo isn't everyone's cup of tea, but is getting good reviews. He'd be nuts to give up this spot and possibly not get it back in order to fill in for Rodgers for the rest of the season. He's going to get lots of endorsement and speaking opportunities as time goes on too via the CBS spot. I think he stays put and should.
I think he has been great in the booth. But you can hear that he still has the desire to play in his voice. The Packers will at least send out feelers.
I like him in the booth as well.  He does talk too much at times but that is OK.  At least he seems excited to be there.  Most don't.  He also knows the game very well.  On the Thursday night game, he did give a hint that he would at least listen to anyone in regards to coming back.  If I were him, I wouldn't.  Why risk the injury. 

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Mon Oct 16th, 2017 09:53 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
Benlen



Joined: Sun Oct 21st, 2007
Location: Milpitas, California USA
Posts: 12342
Status: 
Offline
Green Bay season is over. 6-10



____________________
Only thing harder than achieving excellence is maintaining it.
Dream Well. It may come true.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Mon Oct 16th, 2017 11:20 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
victhestick



Joined: Mon Apr 27th, 2009
Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA
Posts: 2348
Status: 
Online
As a Packers fan, and as much as I hate to admit it, Hundley is our best chance this year. He's backed up A ROD for the last two years and he knows the system.



____________________
If it's and buts were candy and nuts, Americans would be even fatter.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Oct 25th, 2017 12:05 am
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
beejmi
The Big Kahuna


Joined: Sat Oct 13th, 2007
Location: Philly
Posts: 37554
Status: 
Offline
victhestick wrote: As a Packers fan, and as much as I hate to admit it, Hundley is our best chance this year. He's backed up A ROD for the last two years and he knows the system.

I was expecting him to be 'an average QB'.

Not even close.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Oct 25th, 2017 12:50 am
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
LAF



Joined: Sat Oct 13th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 4436
Status: 
Offline
beejmi wrote: victhestick wrote: As a Packers fan, and as much as I hate to admit it, Hundley is our best chance this year. He's backed up A ROD for the last two years and he knows the system.

I was expecting him to be 'an average QB'.

Not even close.

It's 1 game, but the Packers don't have the wealth of talent that the media would like you to think they do. 

Meanwhile, the Bears won easily Sunday with a rookie "franchise" QB who attempted 7 passes. These games nowadays are about specific situations and the roster for playing those teams. It's why the Bills make several roster moves every week, even before they had injuries in the secondary.

Last edited on Wed Oct 25th, 2017 12:52 am by LAF

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Oct 25th, 2017 01:23 pm
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
krazykid18

 

Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 1508
Status: 
Offline
LAF wrote: beejmi wrote: victhestick wrote: As a Packers fan, and as much as I hate to admit it, Hundley is our best chance this year. He's backed up A ROD for the last two years and he knows the system.

I was expecting him to be 'an average QB'.

Not even close.

It's 1 game, but the Packers don't have the wealth of talent that the media would like you to think they do. 

Meanwhile, the Bears won easily Sunday with a rookie "franchise" QB who attempted 7 passes. These games nowadays are about specific situations and the roster for playing those teams. It's why the Bills make several roster moves every week, even before they had injuries in the secondary.


If you saw Deshaun Watson first two games nobody would predict his last three games, they have to open the playbook

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Oct 25th, 2017 07:44 pm
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
tamalie
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Mon Oct 22nd, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 3503
Status: 
Offline
The Bears didn't want to use Mitchell Trubisky in any significant role this season due to their offensive line being poor and the lack of quality wide receivers following the departure of Alshon Jeffrey. However, Mike Glennon was so awful that the decision was made to just throw him out there regardless of the reasons for keeping him under wraps.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu Nov 2nd, 2017 04:56 pm
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
Arnold_OldSchool

 

Joined: Wed Sep 28th, 2011
Location:  
Posts: 755
Status: 
Offline
Packers pursued Brian Hoyer. I suppose that means they don't trust Matt Blanchard to be ready if Brett goes down.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sat Dec 2nd, 2017 11:08 pm
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
beejmi
The Big Kahuna


Joined: Sat Oct 13th, 2007
Location: Philly
Posts: 37554
Status: 
Offline
He practiced today


Could return week 15

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Current time is 03:37 am Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page    
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Sports Talk > Aaron Rodgers Could Miss Rest Of The Season Top




UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems