WowBB Forums Home 
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Pro Wrestling > Future Endeavor Pool 2018

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi  
AuthorPost
Kriss
Citizen of nowhere


Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 6747
Status: 
Offline
The 2017 pool is still ongoing, and will end when the 2018 Royal Rumble starts, whereby the 2018 pool will begin. On that note, here are the rules and runners for the 2018 pool. 
Rules for 2018:

Pick 15 names from the current Raw, SmackDown and NXT rosters (with at least three coming from NXT) and rank them from your 15 point pick to your 1 point pick. The women and men are all superstars now, so they are all in this together. Plus 3 names from the non-wrestler list (all worth 4 points).

+5 points if your WWE or NXT pick shows on Impact TV
-5 points if your NXT pick is drafted to the main roster of Raw (including 205 Live) or Smackdown (one-off appearances do not count)
+5 points if your pick dies
-5 points if your pick wins the WWE World, Universal title or one of the brand women's titles
+10 points if your pick wins the NWA World Title
+2 for the first (or first group) of future endeavors

double points for any releases in January 2019.

Deadline is the start of the 2018 Royal Rumble PPV, and the pool runs until the start of the 2019 Royal Rumble PPV.

Send your picks to me.

Last edited on Fri Feb 2nd, 2018 04:23 pm by Kriss

srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 49272
Status: 
Offline
For the record, I'm using this link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_WWE_personnel

And for NXT I'm sticking to the guys in the actual NXT section and not The Live Events section (mainly PC performers).

I wish I could just say "everyone on Impact" and make it easier.

Last edited on Fri Jan 19th, 2018 07:21 pm by srossi

Kriss
Citizen of nowhere


Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 6747
Status: 
Offline
Raw
Akira Tozara
Alexa Bliss
Alicia Fox
Apollo Crews
Ariya Daivari
Asuka
Bayley
Big Cass
Big Show
Bo Dallas
Braun Strowman
Bray Wyatt
Brock Lesnar
Cedric Alexander
Cesaro
Curt Hawkins
Curtis Axel
Dana Brooke
Dash Wilder
Dean Ambrose
Drew Gulak
Elias
Enzo Amore
Finn Balor
Gentleman Jack Gallagher
Goldust
Gran Metalik
Heath Slater
Hideo Itami
Jason Jordan
Jeff Hardy
John Cena
Kalisto
Kane
Karl Anderson
Lince Dorado
Luke Gallows
Mandy Rose
Mark Henry
Matt Hardy
Mickie James
Mustafa Ali
Neville
Nia Jax
Noam Dar
Paige
R-Truth
Rhyno
Rich Swann
Roman Reigns
Samoa Joe
Sasha Banks
Scott Dawson
Seth Rollins
Sheamus
Sonya Deville
The Brian Kendrick
The Miz
Titus O'Neil
TJP
Tony Nese

SmackDown
Aiden English
AJ Styles
Baron Corbin
Becky Lynch
Big E
Bobby Roode
Carmella
Chad Gable
Charlotte Flair
Dolph Ziggler
Epico Colon
Fandango
Harper
Jey Uso
Jimmy Uso
Jinder Mahal
Kevin Owens
Kofi Kingston
Konnor
Lana
Liv Morgan
Mike Kanellis
Mojo Rawley
Naomi
Natalya
Nikki Bella
Primo Colon
Randy Orton
Rowan
Ruby Riott
Rusev
Sami Zayn
Samir Singh
Sarah Logan
Shelton Benjamin
Shinsuke Nakamura
Sin Cara
Sunil Singh
Tamina
Tye Dillinger
Tyler Breeze
Viktor
Xavier Woods
Zack Ryder

NXT
Adam Cole
Akam
Aleister Black
Alexander Wolfe
Aliyah
Andrade "Cien" Almas
Angelo Dawkins
Bianca Belair
Billie Kay
Bobby Fish
Buddy Murphy
Cezar Bonomi
Danny Burch
Drew McIntyre
Ember Moon
Eric Young
Fabian Aichner
Johnny Gargano
Kairi Sane
Kassius Ohno
Killian Dain
Kyle O'Reilly
Lacey Evans
Lars Sullivan
Lio Rush
Montez Ford
Nick Miller
No Way Jose
Oney Lorcan
Otis Dozovic
Pete Dunne
Peyton Royce
Rezar
Riddick Moss
Roderick Strong
Shane Thorne
Shayna Baszler
Taynara Conti
Tino Sabbatelli
Tommaso Ciampa
Tucker Knight
Tyler Bate
Vanessa Borne
Velveteen Dream
Wesley Blake

Non-wrestlers
Booker T
Byron Saxton
Charly Caruso
Christy St. Cloud
Corey Graves
Daniel Bryan
Dasha Fuentes
David Otunga
Greg Hamilton
JoJo
Kayla Braxton
Kurt Angle
Maria Kanellis
Maryse
Mauro Ranallo
Michael Cole
Mike Rome
Paul Ellering
Percy Watson
Renee Young
Shane McMahon
Stephanie McMahon
Tom Phillips
Vic Joseph
William Regal
Zelina Vega

Last edited on Tue Jan 15th, 2019 12:24 pm by Kriss

Kriss
Citizen of nowhere


Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 6747
Status: 
Offline
srossi wrote: For the record, I'm using this link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_WWE_personnel

And for NXT I'm sticking to the guys in the actual NXT section and not The Live Events section (mainly PC performers).

I wish I could just say "everyone on Impact" and make it easier.

I was just in the middle of typing up the list. I always use wwe.com.

srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 49272
Status: 
Offline
Kriss wrote: srossi wrote: For the record, I'm using this link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_WWE_personnel

And for NXT I'm sticking to the guys in the actual NXT section and not The Live Events section (mainly PC performers).

I wish I could just say "everyone on Impact" and make it easier.

I was just in the middle of typing up the list. I always use wwe.com.

I just sent my picks but they're all fine except for Cathy Kelley.  I don't see her on your list, so I'll swap her out for another non-wrestler.

Kriss
Citizen of nowhere


Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 6747
Status: 
Offline
srossi wrote: Kriss wrote: srossi wrote: For the record, I'm using this link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_WWE_personnel

And for NXT I'm sticking to the guys in the actual NXT section and not The Live Events section (mainly PC performers).

I wish I could just say "everyone on Impact" and make it easier.

I was just in the middle of typing up the list. I always use wwe.com.

I just sent my picks but they're all fine except for Cathy Kelley.  I don't see her on your list, so I'll swap her out for another non-wrestler.


She seems to only work online, which is a shame, since she is hands down the best looking woman in WWE right now.

LarrySC



Joined: Mon Mar 21st, 2011
Location:  
Posts: 1522
Status: 
Offline
Sent

broke



Joined: Tue Jan 22nd, 2008
Location: Bolton, ON
Posts: 3160
Status: 
Offline
Too late to pick Enzo?

srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 49272
Status: 
Offline
broke wrote: Too late to pick Enzo?
Did something new happen?

LAF



Joined: Sat Oct 13th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 4596
Status: 
Offline
srossi wrote: broke wrote: Too late to pick Enzo?
Did something new happen?

Latest rape accusation. By a woman who recently posted a YouTube video about how she faked a pregnancy to get revenge on an ex-boyfriend because she has "psychological problems." Her words.

srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 49272
Status: 
Offline
LAF wrote: srossi wrote: broke wrote: Too late to pick Enzo?
Did something new happen?

Latest rape accusation. By a woman who recently posted a YouTube video about how she faked a pregnancy to get revenge on an ex-boyfriend because she has "psychological problems." Her words.

Jesus Christ. Well he has made himself an easy target. I hope it blows over. 

srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 49272
Status: 
Offline
broke wrote: Too late to pick Enzo?
Too late or too early?  He was just released so he would count for the 2017 pool and not the 2018 one.  I assume no one had him in 2017 though.

Kriss
Citizen of nowhere


Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 6747
Status: 
Offline
So, if you picked Enzo, you need to re-do your picks.

LarrySC, you were 2 wrestlers short and didn't rank your list, so you need to have another look as well.

Any lists not complete by the start of the Royal Rumble PPV will be fixed using a random number generator.

broke



Joined: Tue Jan 22nd, 2008
Location: Bolton, ON
Posts: 3160
Status: 
Offline
Maybe next year (or if its not too late - this year) can we add a "You're Hired" mini pool as well?

Kriss
Citizen of nowhere


Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 6747
Status: 
Offline
broke wrote: Maybe next year (or if its not too late - this year) can we add a "You're Hired" mini pool as well?

Would you add a mini pool of people giving birth to the dead pool? No. This is purely to watch once great careers circle the pan.

Kriss
Citizen of nowhere


Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 6747
Status: 
Offline
Reminder that you have until the Royal Rumble PPV starts on Sunday to send in picks.

hoganfan - you need to replace Enzo in your list

LarrySC - you need to add 2 more picks and rank your picks 1-15

Kriss
Citizen of nowhere


Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 6747
Status: 
Offline
Any more for any more? You have about 5 hours to sent in picks to enter this year.

hoganfan4life - you need to replace Enzo

broke - you picked Brian Kendrick twice

Kriss
Citizen of nowhere


Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 6747
Status: 
Offline
Okay. We have four runners:

srossi
15 - Lince Dorado
14 - Buddy Murphy (NXT)
13 - Wesley Blake (NXT)
12 - Mike Kanellis
11 - Samir Singh
10 - Sunil Singh
9 - Dana Brooke
8 - Apollo Crews
7 - No Way Jose (NXT)
6 - Curt Hawkins
5 - Brock Lesnar
4 - Rhyno
3 - Heath Slater
2 - Epico Colon
1 - Primo Colon
Non-wrestlers
Christy St. Cloud
Maria Kanellis
Percy Watson

broke
15 - Neville
14 - Rhyno
13 - Viktor
12 - Aliyah (NXT)
11 - Wesley Blake (NXT)
10 - Lio Rush (NXT)
9 - Apollo Crews
8 - Noam Dar
7 - TJP
6 - Curt Hawkins
5 - The Brian Kendrick
4 - Tucker Knight (NXT)
3 - Konnor
2 - Brock Lesnar
1 - Kassius Ohno (NXT)
Non-wrestlers
Paul Ellering
Greg Hamilton
Kayla Braxton

LarrySC
15 - Mandy Rose
14 - Gran Metalik
13 - Tony Nese
12 - Mike Kanellis
11 - Epico Colon
10 - Primo Colon
9 - R-Truth
8 - Dash Wilder
7 - Scott Dawson
6 - Sin Cara
5 - Rhyno
4 - Cezar Bonomi (NXT)
3 - Oney Lorcan (NXT)
2 - Alicia Fox
1 - Lars Sullivan (NXT)
Non-wrestlers
Daniel Bryan
David Otunga
Paul Ellering

hoganfan4life
15 - Neville
14 - Dana Brooke
13 - Primo Colon
12 - Epico Colon
11 - R-Truth
10 - Heath Slater
9 - Zack Ryder
8 - Rhyno
7 - Gentleman Jack Gallagher
6 - Danny Burch (NXT)
5 - Oney Lorcan (NXT)
4 - Paige
3 - Aliyah (NXT)
2 - Sami Zayn
1 - Tamina Snuka
Non-wrestlers
Daniel Bryan
David Otunga
Charly Caruso

Last edited on Tue Jan 30th, 2018 07:49 pm by Kriss

srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 49272
Status: 
Offline
Shit, I forgot about Neville.

Last edited on Mon Jan 29th, 2018 06:42 pm by srossi

broke



Joined: Tue Jan 22nd, 2008
Location: Bolton, ON
Posts: 3160
Status: 
Offline
I forgot that Mike Bennett was even hired by the company.

bpickering
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Tue Nov 13th, 2007
Location: Highspire, Pennsylvania USA
Posts: 17779
Status: 
Offline
Rich Swann and WWE have mutually agreed to part ways as of today, February 15, 2018.

WWE wishes Swann the best in all of his future endeavors

srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 49272
Status: 
Offline
bpickering wrote: Rich Swann and WWE have mutually agreed to part ways as of today, February 15, 2018.

WWE wishes Swann the best in all of his future endeavors

Wow, that incident seemed so minor I really thought they were going to work it out.  What a horrible career derailment for Swann. Oh and happy birthday!

I had just read this earlier today on wrestlinginc.com:

WWE Superstar Rich Swann turns 27 years old today while Spanish announcer Hugo Savinovich turns 59. No word yet on when WWE might bring Swann back from his suspension that was handed down following the domestic incident with his wife in late 2017. Swann was cleared of all charges back in late January, clearing the way for his return to the ring.

Last edited on Thu Feb 15th, 2018 10:26 pm by srossi

Kriss
Citizen of nowhere


Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 6747
Status: 
Offline
broke had Swann as his 15 point pick, then redid his list

So, no points all round.

broke



Joined: Tue Jan 22nd, 2008
Location: Bolton, ON
Posts: 3160
Status: 
Offline
Abbey Laith / Kimber Lee Released.  I had no idea she was even under contract.

broke



Joined: Tue Jan 22nd, 2008
Location: Bolton, ON
Posts: 3160
Status: 
Offline
Also under the I had no idea they were signed until released category: Sage Beckett and Gu Guangming who I never even heard of til now.

Kriss
Citizen of nowhere


Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 6747
Status: 
Offline
Laith and Beckett both took part in the Mad Young Classic. Laith had also had a handful of NXT TV matches, although I think she lost them all. She never looked in good shape in NXT compared to her time in Chikara.

Guangming was one of the Chinese guys they signed. They would have known that they will be lucky if even one of those guys made it since I think they were all day 1 rookies when they signed.

Last edited on Fri Mar 9th, 2018 06:36 pm by Kriss

srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 49272
Status: 
Offline
According to Wikipedia, Laith was under contract with WWE way back in January 2017, 6 months before the Mae Young Classic even took place. They really didn't do anything with her at all for more than a year other than a handful of jobs. Never a good sign when someone with experience can't make TV and is stuck training at the PC.

Kriss
Citizen of nowhere


Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 6747
Status: 
Offline
srossi wrote: According to Wikipedia, Laith was under contract with WWE way back in January 2017, 6 months before the Mae Young Classic even took place. They really didn't do anything with her at all for more than a year other than a handful of jobs. Never a good sign when someone with experience can't make TV and is stuck training at the PC.

She was signed around the same time as Ruby Riott. They both had matches under different names shortly after signing. Obviously Ruby Riott made more progress.

broke



Joined: Tue Jan 22nd, 2008
Location: Bolton, ON
Posts: 3160
Status: 
Offline
Ah right, They used Laith as "Kimberly" a couple times.

The Chinese signings haven't panned out at all. Ho Ho Lun worked far too light, Tian Bing looked lost every time I saw him out there, and this guy apparently was working as Kona Reeves bodyguard - never a good sign when you're the heavy for a guy who never makes TV.

Kriss
Citizen of nowhere


Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 6747
Status: 
Offline
No Way Jose is officially on the Raw roster, and we are off to the races:

broke - 0
LarrySC - 0
hoganfan4life - 0

srossi - -5

broke



Joined: Tue Jan 22nd, 2008
Location: Bolton, ON
Posts: 3160
Status: 
Offline
So Danny Burch..... got signed to a deal.

Neville moved back to the UK.... but still no release. We need some movement here. Someone plant some meth in Rhyno's suitcase or something.

Kriss
Citizen of nowhere


Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 6747
Status: 
Offline
broke wrote: So Danny Burch..... got signed to a deal.

Neville moved back to the UK.... but still no release. We need some movement here. Someone plant some meth in Rhyno's suitcase or something.


Really so little going on so far this year. Even of the NXT call-ups, only No Way Jose was on anyone's list. Buddy Murphy is a featured wrestler on 205 Live, getting a title shot, but he's still officially an NXT wrestler (it seems that the NXT and 205 shows are very very slowly merging, looking at the latest taping) and Paul Ellering is still on the NXT roster.

The Danny Burch deal was weird. He was on the NXT roster without having a contract.

I have faith that the purge is coming, though.....

Last edited on Sat May 12th, 2018 11:19 am by Kriss

Kriss
Citizen of nowhere


Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 6747
Status: 
Offline
Rich Swann is scheduled to debut on Impact next month. More points missed.

srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 49272
Status: 
Offline
Kriss wrote: Rich Swann is scheduled to debut on Impact next month. More points missed.
We'll see.  The guy has become a bit unhinged so no guarantee he actually shows up.  And if he does, I wonder if he'll stay for more than one taping. 

Kriss
Citizen of nowhere


Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 6747
Status: 
Offline
NXT nobodies Zeda and Uriel Ealy have been released. Bizarrely, Ealy's twin brother Gabriel is still under contract. The Ealy brothers seem to have been around for ages, popping up doing jobs every few months. If they were ever going to do anything, they would have done it already. Zeda was one of the "worldwide talents" who pretty much debuted in the Mae Young Classic and had one NXT appearance in a battle royal.

srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 49272
Status: 
Offline
Impact has released backstage interviewer McKenzie Mitchell. 

Her replacement will be Alicia Atout, a Canadian who doesn't need to be flown in.  Atout has worked for RISE Wrestling and as a music journalist.

Kriss
Citizen of nowhere


Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 6747
Status: 
Offline
srossi wrote: Impact has released backstage interviewer McKenzie Mitchell. 

Her replacement will be Alicia Atout, a Canadian who doesn't need to be flown in.  Atout has worked for RISE Wrestling and as a music journalist.


Except pwinsider issued a correction and apology today, after she denied the story on Twitter, blaming their usually reliable source who they won't be using anymore. I assume this source is one of the wrestlers. Isn't one of the rules of journalism that you don't publish a story until you have two independent sources?

Kriss
Citizen of nowhere


Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 6747
Status: 
Offline
No one had Big Cass, but......

Apparently Christy St. Cloud was released way back on March 16, so +4 for srossi, +2 for her being the first release to score points, sending srossi into the lead!

srossi - 1

broke - 0
LarrySC - 0
hoganfan4life - 0

srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 49272
Status: 
Offline
Kriss wrote: No one had Big Cass, but......

Apparently Christy St. Cloud was released way back on March 16, so +4 for srossi, +2 for her being the first release to score points, sending srossi into the lead!

srossi - 1

broke - 0
LarrySC - 0
hoganfan4life - 0

Shouldn't I have 6 and not 1 then?

Kriss
Citizen of nowhere


Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 6747
Status: 
Offline
srossi wrote: Kriss wrote: No one had Big Cass, but......

Apparently Christy St. Cloud was released way back on March 16, so +4 for srossi, +2 for her being the first release to score points, sending srossi into the lead!

srossi - 1

broke - 0
LarrySC - 0
hoganfan4life - 0

Shouldn't I have 6 and not 1 then?


You lost 5 when No Way Jose was called up to the main roster.

srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 49272
Status: 
Offline
Kriss wrote: srossi wrote: Kriss wrote: No one had Big Cass, but......

Apparently Christy St. Cloud was released way back on March 16, so +4 for srossi, +2 for her being the first release to score points, sending srossi into the lead!

srossi - 1

broke - 0
LarrySC - 0
hoganfan4life - 0

Shouldn't I have 6 and not 1 then?


You lost 5 when No Way Jose was called up to the main roster.

Jesus Christ, I was somehow losing amongst a field where no one had scored yet.

Kriss
Citizen of nowhere


Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 6747
Status: 
Offline
srossi wrote: Kriss wrote: srossi wrote: Kriss wrote: No one had Big Cass, but......

Apparently Christy St. Cloud was released way back on March 16, so +4 for srossi, +2 for her being the first release to score points, sending srossi into the lead!

srossi - 1

broke - 0
LarrySC - 0
hoganfan4life - 0

Shouldn't I have 6 and not 1 then?


You lost 5 when No Way Jose was called up to the main roster.

Jesus Christ, I was somehow losing amongst a field where no one had scored yet.


Technically, no, since Christy was released before Jose was called up.

Kriss
Citizen of nowhere


Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 6747
Status: 
Offline
Buddy Murphy and Lio Rush were moved from the NXT page to the 205 Live page today, so that officially counts (for this pool) as moving to the main roster.

LarrySC - 0
hoganfan4life - 0

srossi - -4

broke - -5

broke



Joined: Tue Jan 22nd, 2008
Location: Bolton, ON
Posts: 3160
Status: 
Offline
woot, Neville finally got his best wishes for the future

srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 49272
Status: 
Offline
broke wrote: woot, Neville finally got his best wishes for the future
Good for him sticking to his guns until the bitter end. I hope he goes “All In” and does very well for himself. 

Kriss
Citizen of nowhere


Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 6747
Status: 
Offline
Only five people have left WWE this year, and three of them are former Cruiserweight champions. Add Austin Aries as well, and that belt is clearly cursed.

hoganfan4life - 15

broke - 10

LarrySC - 0

srossi - -4

Last edited on Sat Sep 1st, 2018 03:44 pm by Kriss

srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 49272
Status: 
Offline
We're not tracking Impact anymore, but for the record Andrew Everett was released today.  He started his TNA run in 2015 and was barely used, but this year he actually held the Tag titles with DJZ briefly.

srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 49272
Status: 
Offline
WWE has released former Impact star Mahabali Sheera. Sheera appeared on NXT live events only and never made TV.

Last edited on Tue Sep 18th, 2018 09:58 pm by srossi

Kriss
Citizen of nowhere


Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 6747
Status: 
Offline
Nikki Cross just debuted on Smackdown and is back with Sanity. That's a shame, because I was really enjoying her on NXT, but I can't see her ever getting over on the main roster.

srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 49272
Status: 
Offline
Kriss wrote: Nikki Cross just debuted on Smackdown and is back with Sanity. That's a shame, because I was really enjoying her on NXT, but I can't see her ever getting over on the main roster.
This may be a treat for the UK crowd and not a full-time promotion. She has some stuff to wrap up in NXT for sure. 

bpickering
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Tue Nov 13th, 2007
Location: Highspire, Pennsylvania USA
Posts: 17779
Status: 
Offline
There have been reports circulating over the last 24 hours that WWE has released Nick Miller (Mikey Nicholls) of The Mighty tag team. PWInsider.com has confirmed that Nichols has been released and that it actually took place quietly several weeks ago. The news first became public when WWE removed him from the roster of the WWE website.

There's also speculation that NXT UK's Tucker has been released as he has also been removed from the website roster. PWInsider.com has not been able to independently confirm that as of this writing.

There's no word if there are additional releases coming.

srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 49272
Status: 
Offline
bpickering wrote:There have been reports circulating over the last 24 hours that WWE has released Nick Miller (Mikey Nicholls) of The Mighty tag team. PWInsider.com has confirmed that Nichols has been released and that it actually took place quietly several weeks ago. The news first became public when WWE removed him from the roster of the WWE website.

There's also speculation that NXT UK's Tucker has been released as he has also been removed from the website roster. PWInsider.com has not been able to independently confirm that as of this writing.

There's no word if there are additional releases coming.

If only Miller was released it has to be a disciplinary issue otherwise they both would’ve been. They never really clicked in NXT since one or the other was always hurt, but we’re finally gaining steam as heels. I have no idea what they’ll do with the other one on his own. 

Kriss
Citizen of nowhere


Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 6747
Status: 
Offline
srossi wrote: bpickering wrote:There have been reports circulating over the last 24 hours that WWE has released Nick Miller (Mikey Nicholls) of The Mighty tag team. PWInsider.com has confirmed that Nichols has been released and that it actually took place quietly several weeks ago. The news first became public when WWE removed him from the roster of the WWE website.

There's also speculation that NXT UK's Tucker has been released as he has also been removed from the website roster. PWInsider.com has not been able to independently confirm that as of this writing.

There's no word if there are additional releases coming.

If only Miller was released it has to be a disciplinary issue otherwise they both would’ve been. They never really clicked in NXT since one or the other was always hurt, but we’re finally gaining steam as heels. I have no idea what they’ll do with the other one on his own. 


This is the same WWE that released only one twin. WWE is a job for life if you want it at the moment.

broke



Joined: Tue Jan 22nd, 2008
Location: Bolton, ON
Posts: 3160
Status: 
Offline
Allegedly the release is due to Miller's wife having a kid.

They could probably get a little bit of mileage out of Shane Thorn as a single - the guy has a pretty good look and can go in the ring.

Kriss
Citizen of nowhere


Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 6747
Status: 
Offline
broke wrote: Allegedly the release is due to Miller's wife having a kid.

They could probably get a little bit of mileage out of Shane Thorn as a single - the guy has a pretty good look and can go in the ring.


The story seems to be that he went home to Australia to be with his wife and new baby and decided he wanted to stay home for a while. Completely understandable, and I would think the door is open if he wants to return in the future.

Personally, I don't see anything in either of The Mighty. Yes, they can go in the ring, but so can most of the enormous roster WWE have at the moment. I never saw anything that set them apart from anyone else.

srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 49272
Status: 
Offline
Kriss wrote: broke wrote: Allegedly the release is due to Miller's wife having a kid.

They could probably get a little bit of mileage out of Shane Thorn as a single - the guy has a pretty good look and can go in the ring.


The story seems to be that he went home to Australia to be with his wife and new baby and decided he wanted to stay home for a while. Completely understandable, and I would think the door is open if he wants to return in the future.

Personally, I don't see anything in either of The Mighty. Yes, they can go in the ring, but so can most of the enormous roster WWE have at the moment. I never saw anything that set them apart from anyone else.

I agree, and there is an enormous talent gap between the gaijin of NJPW and the other Japanese promotions. The fact that TMDK never jumped to NJPW when they were in Japan might be telling. 

Last edited on Sat Dec 22nd, 2018 03:39 pm by srossi

Kriss
Citizen of nowhere


Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 6747
Status: 
Offline
srossi wrote:
I agree, and there is an enormous talent gap between the gaijin of NJPW and the other Japanese promotions. The fact that TMDK never jumped to NJPW when they were in Japan might be telling. 



I always understood that wrestlers very rarely move up to a bigger promotion in Japan, even less so for gaijin. I think it was something I read from the early 2000s with all the guys who went to work for Zero-One, NOAH, FMW, Big Japan etc. They thought they were getting their foot in the Japanese door, but they were actually excluding themselves from the big Japanese pay days.

Kriss
Citizen of nowhere


Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 6747
Status: 
Offline
Bumping this because it got unstickied. I'll ask beej el patron to re-sticky it...

I'll also post the details for the 2019's pool later today.

Kriss
Citizen of nowhere


Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 6747
Status: 
Offline
Doing some tidying of the scores. Brock Lesnar's title win at Crown Jewel means -5 points for srossi and broke:

hoganfan4life - 15

broke - 5

LarrySC - 0

srossi - -9

Kriss
Citizen of nowhere


Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 6747
Status: 
Offline
I'm going to declare Paul Ellering as officially gone...

hoganfan4life - 15

broke - 9

LarrySC - 4

srossi - -9

Kriss
Citizen of nowhere


Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 6747
Status: 
Offline
And the winner, and going to WrestleMania (on his own dime) is hoganfan4life!



UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems