WowBB Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > General Discussion > Elton John To Retire After One Final World Tour

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Elton John To Retire After One Final World Tour  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Thu Jan 25th, 2018 06:16 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
beejmi
THE BIG KAHUNA


Joined: Sat Oct 13th, 2007
Location: Philly
Posts: 44418
Status: 
Offline

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu Jan 25th, 2018 06:45 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 54136
Status: 
Offline
He’s doing 3 dates at MSG and 1 at Barclays so I think I’m going to bite the bullet and go to 1 of these shows just to say I saw him. I went to a Billy Joel show on New Year’s Eve a few years back and it was fun.



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu Jan 25th, 2018 06:59 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Papa Voo



Joined: Thu Jan 17th, 2008
Location: Right Outside The Burgh, USA
Posts: 9688
Status: 
Offline
This will be the first of 6 Farewell Tours.



____________________
“Anybody notice that Papa Voo can make all these posts, despite the fact he hasn't been logged in all night? #S&W (Scumbag Liars & Worthless Trash)“

-(Comedian/Troll Wanna Be) Heenan Fan-
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu Jan 25th, 2018 07:02 am
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 54136
Status: 
Offline
Papa Voo wrote: This will be the first of 6 Farewell Tours.
This is a 3-year tour and he’ll be almost 74 when it’s over, so he’s not going to live long enough for many more. 



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu Jan 25th, 2018 08:35 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 54136
Status: 
Offline
I bit the bullet and bought tickets using the AMEX pre-sale for me and my wife in March 2019 at Barclays Center. So only 14 months away, woo hoo!  If he dies before then, I better get a refund.

Last edited on Thu Jan 25th, 2018 08:36 pm by srossi



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Fri Jan 26th, 2018 05:43 am
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
WongLee
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Fri Oct 19th, 2007
Location: Coram, New York
Posts: 7824
Status: 
Online
srossi wrote: I bit the bullet and bought tickets using the AMEX pre-sale for me and my wife in March 2019 at Barclays Center. So only 14 months away, woo hoo!  If he dies before then, I better get a refund.If he dies his husband David will get the money and if that idea somehow offends you, you're a homophobe......and probably a white supremacist and holocaust denier.

I've seen Elton 11 times going back to 1974. Not once did he come even close to disappointing me. He truly considers MSG his home and I'm sure the November date at the Garden will be one for the ages. Unfortunately I'm not yet at the point in my life where I'm ready to sell the house and cash in my retirement funds to buy a ticket.



____________________
by the blood of jesus i rebuke you ,you foul mouth lying satan jesusjesus hallelujah,halleujah be gone you evil spirit

BJWINDHAM MULLIGAN
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Fri Jan 26th, 2018 06:43 am
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 54136
Status: 
Offline
I got 2 tix for $150 including fees. Not crazy at all. I didn’t need great seats for this. MSG might be slightly more expensive than Barclays though.

Last edited on Fri Jan 26th, 2018 06:44 am by srossi



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Fri Jan 26th, 2018 06:46 am
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
WongLee
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Fri Oct 19th, 2007
Location: Coram, New York
Posts: 7824
Status: 
Online
srossi wrote: I got 2 tix for $150 including fees. Not crazy at all. I didn’t need great seats for this. MSG might be slightly more expensive than Barclays though.Wow. I'm truly shocked. I thought Uncle Elton would have been in $175 range for shit seats. Good score. You'll definitely enjoy it. I don't think the Garden will be any more expensive. MSG is slowly but surely being phased out as the top performance center in the Greater New York area.



____________________
by the blood of jesus i rebuke you ,you foul mouth lying satan jesusjesus hallelujah,halleujah be gone you evil spirit

BJWINDHAM MULLIGAN
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Fri Jan 26th, 2018 07:22 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
KGB

 

Joined: Wed Jul 4th, 2012
Location:  
Posts: 1907
Status: 
Online
WongLee wrote: srossi wrote: I bit the bullet and bought tickets using the AMEX pre-sale for me and my wife in March 2019 at Barclays Center. So only 14 months away, woo hoo!  If he dies before then, I better get a refund.If he dies his husband David will get the money and if that idea somehow offends you, you're a homophobe......and probably a white supremacist and holocaust denier.

I've seen Elton 11 times going back to 1974. Not once did he come even close to disappointing me. He truly considers MSG his home and I'm sure the November date at the Garden will be one for the ages. Unfortunately I'm not yet at the point in my life where I'm ready to sell the house and cash in my retirement funds to buy a ticket.

So were you at the 1974 show with John Lennon? 



____________________
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Fri Jan 26th, 2018 07:55 pm
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
WongLee
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Fri Oct 19th, 2007
Location: Coram, New York
Posts: 7824
Status: 
Online
KGB wrote: WongLee wrote: srossi wrote: I bit the bullet and bought tickets using the AMEX pre-sale for me and my wife in March 2019 at Barclays Center. So only 14 months away, woo hoo!  If he dies before then, I better get a refund.If he dies his husband David will get the money and if that idea somehow offends you, you're a homophobe......and probably a white supremacist and holocaust denier.

I've seen Elton 11 times going back to 1974. Not once did he come even close to disappointing me. He truly considers MSG his home and I'm sure the November date at the Garden will be one for the ages. Unfortunately I'm not yet at the point in my life where I'm ready to sell the house and cash in my retirement funds to buy a ticket.

So were you at the 1974 show with John Lennon?
My second show ever. Thanksgiving night. My friends and I were always so extra lucky on scoring tickets through mail order lottery. Most of the big acts at the Garden would do it that way back in the 70's. My mother was less than thrilled that my hoodlum friends and my 14 year old ass were taking the subway into Manhattan on a night where you were supposed to be with family. She is exacting her revenge on me by probably living to be 100.

There was absolutely no buzz amongst fans about Lennon showing up and it took the crowd by complete surprise. Insane insane pop. The best part was no Yoko.



____________________
by the blood of jesus i rebuke you ,you foul mouth lying satan jesusjesus hallelujah,halleujah be gone you evil spirit

BJWINDHAM MULLIGAN
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Fri Jan 26th, 2018 07:59 pm
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 54136
Status: 
Offline
WongLee wrote: KGB wrote: WongLee wrote: srossi wrote: I bit the bullet and bought tickets using the AMEX pre-sale for me and my wife in March 2019 at Barclays Center. So only 14 months away, woo hoo!  If he dies before then, I better get a refund.If he dies his husband David will get the money and if that idea somehow offends you, you're a homophobe......and probably a white supremacist and holocaust denier.

I've seen Elton 11 times going back to 1974. Not once did he come even close to disappointing me. He truly considers MSG his home and I'm sure the November date at the Garden will be one for the ages. Unfortunately I'm not yet at the point in my life where I'm ready to sell the house and cash in my retirement funds to buy a ticket.

So were you at the 1974 show with John Lennon?
My second show ever. Thanksgiving night. My friends and I were always so extra lucky on scoring tickets through mail order lottery. Most of the big acts at the Garden would do it that way back in the 70's. My mother was less than thrilled that my hoodlum friends and my 14 year old ass were taking the subway into Manhattan on a night where you were supposed to be with family. She is exacting her revenge on me by probably living to be 100.

There was absolutely no buzz amongst fans about Lennon showing up and it took the crowd by complete surprise. Insane insane pop. The best part was no Yoko.

For some reason I always thought this show happened a month before he died, like Thanksgiving 1979.  But obviously not.  It's always billed as Lennon's last or close to last performance, so he must've been a real hermit the next 6 years.



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Fri Jan 26th, 2018 08:02 pm
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
khawk
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 16889
Status: 
Offline
WongLee wrote: The best part was no Yoko.

That was always the best part when it happened, however infrequently.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

Current time is 06:04 pm  
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > General Discussion > Elton John To Retire After One Final World Tour Top




UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems