WowBB Forums Home 
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > General Discussion > The government shutdown gets better by the day!

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi  
AuthorPost
KGB

 

Joined: Wed Jul 4th, 2012
Location:  
Posts: 1114
Status: 
Offline
First it appears we're going to be spared the regal decadence of the SotU address, a disgusting display of governmental elitism.  Now Nancy Palsi and co. have had their taxpayer-funded vacation/vote buying trip cancelled.  The woman is worth over $100 million.  Why the hell are we paying for her travel?  Also, President Trump cancelled trips for his cabinet members to the globalist confab in Davos.  If we could next get rid of the opulent state funerals for the likes of GW Bush and John McCain, I'd almost be ready to surrender on the wall issue!

BlueThunder



Joined: Mon Jun 6th, 2011
Location:  
Posts: 2163
Status: 
Offline
By far Trump's best zing. I only wish I could have seen Nancy's face when she was given the memo. Just curious, why would Nancy want Trump not to speak at the SOTU? What could she be afraid of? Honestly, if I were Trump, I'd spend the first five minutes quoting Schumer, Reid, Obama, Bill and Hillary on border protection.

srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 48244
Status: 
Offline
I got all excited because I thought TSA agents committed suicide en masse, and you're talking about this petty shit. Pfft.

bpickering
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Tue Nov 13th, 2007
Location: Highspire, Pennsylvania USA
Posts: 17578
Status: 
Offline
KGB wrote: First it appears we're going to be spared the regal decadence of the SotU address, a disgusting display of governmental elitism.  Now Nancy Palsi and co. have had their taxpayer-funded vacation/vote buying trip cancelled.  The woman is worth over $100 million.  Why the hell are we paying for her travel?  Also, President Trump cancelled trips for his cabinet members to the globalist confab in Davos.  If we could next get rid of the opulent state funerals for the likes of GW Bush and John McCain, I'd almost be ready to surrender on the wall issue!
Yeah going to Afghanistan is a vacation getaway..



]

Last edited on Fri Jan 18th, 2019 07:45 pm by bpickering

lobo316
Mr Baseball


Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Raptorville
Posts: 42943
Status: 
Offline
With the shutdown, the secret service isn't being paid. Couldn't the ss just "walk out" & leave the president unprotected ?  

KGB

 

Joined: Wed Jul 4th, 2012
Location:  
Posts: 1114
Status: 
Offline
bpickering wrote: KGB wrote: First it appears we're going to be spared the regal decadence of the SotU address, a disgusting display of governmental elitism.  Now Nancy Palsi and co. have had their taxpayer-funded vacation/vote buying trip cancelled.  The woman is worth over $100 million.  Why the hell are we paying for her travel?  Also, President Trump cancelled trips for his cabinet members to the globalist confab in Davos.  If we could next get rid of the opulent state funerals for the likes of GW Bush and John McCain, I'd almost be ready to surrender on the wall issue!
Yeah going to Afghanistan is a vacation getaway..




The Afghanistan part of the trip is what I labeled "vote buying".  She gets to pop in and out, fully ensconced in a luxurious security bubble, with nary a single worry, and then come back and tell everyone how she supports the troops.  And before you bring up Trump's trip to Iraq, don't forget that he's the CiC and she's not. 

srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 48244
Status: 
Offline
KGB wrote: bpickering wrote: KGB wrote: First it appears we're going to be spared the regal decadence of the SotU address, a disgusting display of governmental elitism.  Now Nancy Palsi and co. have had their taxpayer-funded vacation/vote buying trip cancelled.  The woman is worth over $100 million.  Why the hell are we paying for her travel?  Also, President Trump cancelled trips for his cabinet members to the globalist confab in Davos.  If we could next get rid of the opulent state funerals for the likes of GW Bush and John McCain, I'd almost be ready to surrender on the wall issue!
Yeah going to Afghanistan is a vacation getaway..




The Afghanistan part of the trip is what I labeled "vote buying".  She gets to pop in and out, fully ensconced in a luxurious security bubble, with nary a single worry, and then come back and tell everyone how she supports the troops.  And before you bring up Trump's trip to Iraq, don't forget that he's the CiC and she's not. 

He’s the CiC. LOL. That’s funny. I’m sure he shared a lot of military strategy with them. 

freebirdsforever2001
Fantasia is running wild!


Joined: Tue Jul 8th, 2008
Location: Pittsgrove, New Jersey USA
Posts: 20741
Status: 
Offline
lobo316 wrote: With the shutdown, the secret service isn't being paid. Couldn't the ss just "walk out" & leave the president unprotected ?  
We could only wish.

Principal_Raditch



Joined: Mon Feb 18th, 2008
Location:  
Posts: 6675
Status: 
Offline
Trump's Military Strategy came from playing this

Last edited on Sat Jan 19th, 2019 12:16 am by Principal_Raditch

Angelic Assassin



Joined: Mon Dec 27th, 2010
Location: Driving Through Philly, Home Of Losers., Pennsylvania USA
Posts: 5707
Status: 
Offline
Principal_Raditch wrote: Trump's Military Strategy came from playing this


LoL. I loved Risk and Settlers of Catan(sp)

Portalesman
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 7672
Status: 
Offline
Strangely enough, the shutdown doesnt seem to have impacted anyone but those with bullshit government jobs. Kinda goes to show that we can function just fine without having 5 million fuckheads on the government payroll.

broke



Joined: Tue Jan 22nd, 2008
Location: Bolton, ON
Posts: 3128
Status: 
Offline
Pretty shrewed strategy from Trump... Put Pelosi literally in the line of fire if she does decide to go to Afghanistan.

srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 48244
Status: 
Offline
Principal_Raditch wrote: Trump's Military Strategy came from playing this


There’s no way Trump could understand Risk. He’s definitely a Candyland type. 

Blazer
Mr Monday Night!


Joined: Sun Sep 4th, 2011
Location:  
Posts: 5801
Status: 
Offline
srossi wrote: Principal_Raditch wrote: Trump's Military Strategy came from playing this


There’s no way Trump could understand Risk. He’s definitely a Candyland type. 

I was literally going to post the same comment except with Chutes and Ladders.  The rule book to Risk is actually a half dozen pages now with the different variations.  No way he’s ever played that.


Last edited on Sat Jan 19th, 2019 05:18 am by Blazer

Heenan Fan



Joined: Wed Oct 19th, 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 1047
Status: 
Offline
Portalesman wrote: Strangely enough, the shutdown doesnt seem to have impacted anyone but those with bullshit government jobs. Kinda goes to show that we can function just fine without having 5 million fuckheads on the government payroll.Ding, ding, ding. 

Arnold_OldSchool

 

Joined: Wed Sep 28th, 2011
Location:  
Posts: 1031
Status: 
Offline
Heenan Fan wrote: Portalesman wrote: Strangely enough, the shutdown doesnt seem to have impacted anyone but those with bullshit government jobs. Kinda goes to show that we can function just fine without having 5 million fuckheads on the government payroll.Ding, ding, ding. 

Jobs that are so non-essential that they are being forced back to performing with their pay being withheld like Nick Gulas were President. 
Maybe the TSA should all stay home so anarchy can reign?

--
To your point, I can't find my heart bleeding over the workers on TV looking for food hand outs when it is also revealed they make an average of around 60 grand a year and apparently save none of it. 

srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 48244
Status: 
Offline
When I log into my AMEX or money market account or whatever, they all have messages on the top of the page with a number to call if you’re a federal employee who needs help. Have you ever seen that for anyone else? The L.A. teachers on strike or someone who just got laid off? Never. There’s a different set of rules for these coddled cock-suckers who do nothing but steal from real Americans their whole lives and now are destitute after one month because they never put a dime in savings. It’s sickening.

WongLee
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Fri Oct 19th, 2007
Location: Bay Shore, New York
Posts: 6811
Status: 
Offline
srossi wrote: When I log into my AMEX or money market account or whatever, they all have messages on the top of the page with a number to call if you’re a federal employee who needs help. Have you ever seen that for anyone else? The L.A. teachers on strike or someone who just got laid off? Never. There’s a different set of rules for these coddled cock-suckers who do nothing but steal from real Americans their whole lives and now are destitute after one month because they never put a dime in savings. It’s sickening.Can't save because of the policies of Barack HUSSEIN Obama!!!1111!!!!!!. Those L.A. teachers didn't deserve anything because virtually every one of them was a socialist who had an agenda of teaching Mexican as a first language in our schools. Thank God (the only God JESUS!!!!!) that my president Donald J. Trump put an end to this lunacy.

freebirdsforever2001
Fantasia is running wild!


Joined: Tue Jul 8th, 2008
Location: Pittsgrove, New Jersey USA
Posts: 20741
Status: 
Offline
WongLee wrote: srossi wrote: When I log into my AMEX or money market account or whatever, they all have messages on the top of the page with a number to call if you’re a federal employee who needs help. Have you ever seen that for anyone else? The L.A. teachers on strike or someone who just got laid off? Never. There’s a different set of rules for these coddled cock-suckers who do nothing but steal from real Americans their whole lives and now are destitute after one month because they never put a dime in savings. It’s sickening.Can't save because of the policies of Barack HUSSEIN Obama!!!1111!!!!!!. Those L.A. teachers didn't deserve anything because virtually every one of them was a socialist who had an agenda of teaching Mexican as a first language in our schools. Thank God (the only God JESUS!!!!!) that my president Donald J. Trump put an end to this lunacy.
Lolz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 48244
Status: 
Offline
srossi wrote:When I log into my AMEX or money market account or whatever, they all have messages on the top of the page with a number to call if you’re a federal employee who needs help. Have you ever seen that for anyone else? The L.A. teachers on strike or someone who just got laid off? Never. There’s a different set of rules for these coddled cock-suckers who do nothing but steal from real Americans their whole lives and now are destitute after one month because they never put a dime in savings. It’s sickening.
I posted a variation of this on Facebook and I’ve never received more outraged comments in my 12 years on there. All of my liberal and conservative friends all lost their fucking shit. Government is so ingrained in the common person’s mind that they can’t even comprehend what I’m saying. I almost feel bad for the mindless masses. 

KGB

 

Joined: Wed Jul 4th, 2012
Location:  
Posts: 1114
Status: 
Offline
What do you mean? Were they outraged that these government drones are getting special treatment or were they outraged at you for pointing out how insane this is?

I have a couple of accounts with Ally Bank and I just went to print my 1099-INT. Sure enough, first thing you see when you log in is an offer of assistance for those affected by the government "shut down".

The other day I had to stop at the Save-A-Lot supermarket near me, which primarily caters to low income Hispanics. It was packed. I soon discovered why. Because of something to do with the "shut down" everyone had got their February EBT benefits two weeks early. What do you want to bet that come middle of February many of these same people will be pleading for help because the government "shut down" has allegedly hit them where it hurts?

srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 48244
Status: 
Offline
KGB wrote: What do you mean? Were they outraged that these government drones are getting special treatment or were they outraged at you for pointing out how insane this is?

The latter of course. They’re still piling on even this morning. My most liberal and most conservative FB friends have both found common ground. I stopped replying. Other than re-posting memes I rarely write my own political rants on FB and I probably should’ve stuck to that, but this one really rubbed me the wrong way. 

Last edited on Sun Jan 20th, 2019 04:04 pm by srossi

Franchise
Low key big hog


Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: D-ville
Posts: 3246
Status: 
Offline
airport security was smoother than ever today; I have Pre check and was thru in maybe 8-9 minutes. The regular line was almost as short.



UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems