WowBB Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3   
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
RIP Pedro Morales  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Wed Feb 13th, 2019 06:33 pm
  PM Quote Reply
31st Post
Principal_Raditch



Joined: Mon Feb 18th, 2008
Location:  
Posts: 6794
Status: 
Offline
Did he ever have any points in WWC?

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Feb 13th, 2019 08:39 pm
  PM Quote Reply
32nd Post
tamalie
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Mon Oct 22nd, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 4400
Status: 
Offline
Regarding how Pedro Morales was used in the WWF from his return in January of 1985 to mid 1987 when he effectively retired, he wasn't pushable in a top spot or even as an IC Title challenger outside of the Northeast. I think the WWF knew it couldn't job him out because it would make both of the titles he once held look bad, so he had a certain amount of protection. However, Pedro was never made to look bad in the sense that his losses to bigger names included him getting in offense, he was never squashed, and never used in a jobber capacity the way Tony Garea was among others.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Feb 13th, 2019 09:28 pm
  PM Quote Reply
33rd Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 49231
Status: 
Offline
tamalie wrote: Regarding how Pedro Morales was used in the WWF from his return in January of 1985 to mid 1987 when he effectively retired, he wasn't pushable in a top spot or even as an IC Title challenger outside of the Northeast. I think the WWF knew it couldn't job him out because it would make both of the titles he once held look bad, so he had a certain amount of protection. However, Pedro was never made to look bad in the sense that his losses to bigger names included him getting in offense, he was never squashed, and never used in a jobber capacity the way Tony Garea was among others.
I don’t know about that. He might not have taken the pin, but he was on WWF TV every week with a no-name partner jobbing to top teams. They “protected” him in that he would get a little offense in and then tag in the guy who would be pinned, but he was a jobber. 



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Feb 13th, 2019 09:29 pm
  PM Quote Reply
34th Post
Papa Voo



Joined: Thu Jan 17th, 2008
Location: Right Outside The Burgh, USA
Posts: 9688
Status: 
Offline
RIP Pedro

I was never really a fan of Pedro’s work in the ring. I never understood the hype surrounding the guy. He was okay, but for me, quite often boring.



____________________
“Anybody notice that Papa Voo can make all these posts, despite the fact he hasn't been logged in all night? #S&W (Scumbag Liars & Worthless Trash)“

-(Comedian/Troll Wanna Be) Heenan Fan-
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Feb 13th, 2019 10:04 pm
  PM Quote Reply
35th Post
tamalie
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Mon Oct 22nd, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 4400
Status: 
Offline
srossi wrote: tamalie wrote: Regarding how Pedro Morales was used in the WWF from his return in January of 1985 to mid 1987 when he effectively retired, he wasn't pushable in a top spot or even as an IC Title challenger outside of the Northeast. I think the WWF knew it couldn't job him out because it would make both of the titles he once held look bad, so he had a certain amount of protection. However, Pedro was never made to look bad in the sense that his losses to bigger names included him getting in offense, he was never squashed, and never used in a jobber capacity the way Tony Garea was among others.
I don’t know about that. He might not have taken the pin, but he was on WWF TV every week with a no-name partner jobbing to top teams. They “protected” him in that he would get a little offense in and then tag in the guy who would be pinned, but he was a jobber. 
The results do not bear that out. On the syndicated shows Pedro Morales was never put in the spot of teaming with a no name who'd take the pinfall against the Hart Foundation or the Dream Team. He won more often than not and generally teamed with Tito Santana or someone higher up the food chain than he was on his own. I looked this up before my original post and was surprised to see this, having also thought he was teaming with guys like Mario Mancini to take losses. He was protected, possibly because they didn't want a former WWF Champ and IC Champ losing on TV when that still mattered (I never got why in the late 1970s Stan Stasiak was allowed to fall so far down the ladder just years after being champ) and wanted to keep him looking relatively strong for drawing old line fans in the Northeast.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Feb 13th, 2019 10:10 pm
  PM Quote Reply
36th Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 49231
Status: 
Offline
tamalie wrote: srossi wrote: tamalie wrote: Regarding how Pedro Morales was used in the WWF from his return in January of 1985 to mid 1987 when he effectively retired, he wasn't pushable in a top spot or even as an IC Title challenger outside of the Northeast. I think the WWF knew it couldn't job him out because it would make both of the titles he once held look bad, so he had a certain amount of protection. However, Pedro was never made to look bad in the sense that his losses to bigger names included him getting in offense, he was never squashed, and never used in a jobber capacity the way Tony Garea was among others.
I don’t know about that. He might not have taken the pin, but he was on WWF TV every week with a no-name partner jobbing to top teams. They “protected” him in that he would get a little offense in and then tag in the guy who would be pinned, but he was a jobber. 
The results do not bear that out. On the syndicated shows Pedro Morales was never put in the spot of teaming with a no name who'd take the pinfall against the Hart Foundation or the Dream Team. He won more often than not and generally teamed with Tito Santana or someone higher up the food chain than he was on his own. I looked this up before my original post and was surprised to see this, having also thought he was teaming with guys like Mario Mancini to take losses. He was protected, possibly because they didn't want a former WWF Champ and IC Champ losing on TV when that still mattered (I never got why in the late 1970s Stan Stasiak was allowed to fall so far down the ladder just years after being champ) and wanted to keep him looking relatively strong for drawing old line fans in the Northeast.

Then that’s the Mandela Effect because around 1986 I remember this vividly. I’m even seeing his offense in my head and then him tagging in a jobber. 



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Feb 13th, 2019 11:24 pm
  PM Quote Reply
37th Post
WongLee
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Fri Oct 19th, 2007
Location: Bay Shore, New York
Posts: 7007
Status: 
Online
srossi wrote: tamalie wrote: srossi wrote: tamalie wrote: Regarding how Pedro Morales was used in the WWF from his return in January of 1985 to mid 1987 when he effectively retired, he wasn't pushable in a top spot or even as an IC Title challenger outside of the Northeast. I think the WWF knew it couldn't job him out because it would make both of the titles he once held look bad, so he had a certain amount of protection. However, Pedro was never made to look bad in the sense that his losses to bigger names included him getting in offense, he was never squashed, and never used in a jobber capacity the way Tony Garea was among others.
I don’t know about that. He might not have taken the pin, but he was on WWF TV every week with a no-name partner jobbing to top teams. They “protected” him in that he would get a little offense in and then tag in the guy who would be pinned, but he was a jobber. 
The results do not bear that out. On the syndicated shows Pedro Morales was never put in the spot of teaming with a no name who'd take the pinfall against the Hart Foundation or the Dream Team. He won more often than not and generally teamed with Tito Santana or someone higher up the food chain than he was on his own. I looked this up before my original post and was surprised to see this, having also thought he was teaming with guys like Mario Mancini to take losses. He was protected, possibly because they didn't want a former WWF Champ and IC Champ losing on TV when that still mattered (I never got why in the late 1970s Stan Stasiak was allowed to fall so far down the ladder just years after being champ) and wanted to keep him looking relatively strong for drawing old line fans in the Northeast.

Then that’s the Mandela Effect because around 1986 I remember this vividly. I’m even seeing his offense in my head and then him tagging in a jobber. 
Also, you never actually had a tranny suck your cock in Queens Plaza..........Mandela!!!!!!



____________________
— The Iron Sheik (@the_ironsheik) October 8, 2009
hello @Paula_Deen you have midget pig dick and dead dog tits I hope I see you I break your fucking fat neck bitch
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Feb 13th, 2019 11:29 pm
  PM Quote Reply
38th Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 49231
Status: 
Offline
JWongLee wrote: srossi wrote: tamalie wrote: srossi wrote: tamalie wrote: Regarding how Pedro Morales was used in the WWF from his return in January of 1985 to mid 1987 when he effectively retired, he wasn't pushable in a top spot or even as an IC Title challenger outside of the Northeast. I think the WWF knew it couldn't job him out because it would make both of the titles he once held look bad, so he had a certain amount of protection. However, Pedro was never made to look bad in the sense that his losses to bigger names included him getting in offense, he was never squashed, and never used in a jobber capacity the way Tony Garea was among others.
I don’t know about that. He might not have taken the pin, but he was on WWF TV every week with a no-name partner jobbing to top teams. They “protected” him in that he would get a little offense in and then tag in the guy who would be pinned, but he was a jobber. 
The results do not bear that out. On the syndicated shows Pedro Morales was never put in the spot of teaming with a no name who'd take the pinfall against the Hart Foundation or the Dream Team. He won more often than not and generally teamed with Tito Santana or someone higher up the food chain than he was on his own. I looked this up before my original post and was surprised to see this, having also thought he was teaming with guys like Mario Mancini to take losses. He was protected, possibly because they didn't want a former WWF Champ and IC Champ losing on TV when that still mattered (I never got why in the late 1970s Stan Stasiak was allowed to fall so far down the ladder just years after being champ) and wanted to keep him looking relatively strong for drawing old line fans in the Northeast.

Then that’s the Mandela Effect because around 1986 I remember this vividly. I’m even seeing his offense in my head and then him tagging in a jobber. 
Also, you never actually had a tranny suck your cock in Queens Plaza..........Mandela!!!!!!

Of course not. It was Queensboro Plaza, noob. How could you get those two confused?

Last edited on Wed Feb 13th, 2019 11:30 pm by srossi



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu Feb 14th, 2019 01:02 am
  PM Quote Reply
39th Post
WongLee
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Fri Oct 19th, 2007
Location: Bay Shore, New York
Posts: 7007
Status: 
Online
srossi wrote: JWongLee wrote: srossi wrote: tamalie wrote: srossi wrote: tamalie wrote: Regarding how Pedro Morales was used in the WWF from his return in January of 1985 to mid 1987 when he effectively retired, he wasn't pushable in a top spot or even as an IC Title challenger outside of the Northeast. I think the WWF knew it couldn't job him out because it would make both of the titles he once held look bad, so he had a certain amount of protection. However, Pedro was never made to look bad in the sense that his losses to bigger names included him getting in offense, he was never squashed, and never used in a jobber capacity the way Tony Garea was among others.
I don’t know about that. He might not have taken the pin, but he was on WWF TV every week with a no-name partner jobbing to top teams. They “protected” him in that he would get a little offense in and then tag in the guy who would be pinned, but he was a jobber. 
The results do not bear that out. On the syndicated shows Pedro Morales was never put in the spot of teaming with a no name who'd take the pinfall against the Hart Foundation or the Dream Team. He won more often than not and generally teamed with Tito Santana or someone higher up the food chain than he was on his own. I looked this up before my original post and was surprised to see this, having also thought he was teaming with guys like Mario Mancini to take losses. He was protected, possibly because they didn't want a former WWF Champ and IC Champ losing on TV when that still mattered (I never got why in the late 1970s Stan Stasiak was allowed to fall so far down the ladder just years after being champ) and wanted to keep him looking relatively strong for drawing old line fans in the Northeast.

Then that’s the Mandela Effect because around 1986 I remember this vividly. I’m even seeing his offense in my head and then him tagging in a jobber. 
Also, you never actually had a tranny suck your cock in Queens Plaza..........Mandela!!!!!!

Of course not. It was Queensboro Plaza, noob. How could you get those two confused?

I really should be reconsidering my life choices when I can so easily work tranny hookers into a Pedro Morales RIP thread.



____________________
— The Iron Sheik (@the_ironsheik) October 8, 2009
hello @Paula_Deen you have midget pig dick and dead dog tits I hope I see you I break your fucking fat neck bitch
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu Feb 14th, 2019 02:21 am
  PM Quote Reply
40th Post
bpickering
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Tue Nov 13th, 2007
Location: Highspire, Pennsylvania USA
Posts: 17771
Status: 
Offline



____________________
"22 years of my fucking life just got fucking ruined!!!!"---Fan outside Wrestlemania XXX

PRO WRESTLING HALL OF FAME: http://www.angelfire.com/pa5/old (updated September 2 2018)

RIP UNITED STATES OF AMERICA 1776-2016
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu Feb 14th, 2019 04:52 am
  PM Quote Reply
41st Post
Heenan Fan



Joined: Wed Oct 19th, 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 1807
Status: 
Offline
I know Pedro's son died a few years ago as well, but I can't find any info online.



____________________
"Comedians are just like Pro Wrestlers...all the good ones are dead!" - Heenan Fan 2019
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu Feb 14th, 2019 02:02 pm
  PM Quote Reply
42nd Post
Blazer
Mr Monday Night!


Joined: Sun Sep 4th, 2011
Location:  
Posts: 5985
Status: 
Offline
Regarding Pedro in ‘86, I remember a ton of tag matches with Chico Santana and 6-mans with Chico and Hillbilly, or occasionally they’d do something weird like Pedro teaming with the Rougeaus. This was when they moved the syndie shows to the big arenas.

That said, go out of your way to look up Pedro vs. Macho Man for the IC title at MSG around late ‘86. Pedro owns him for most of he match and wins by countout. It was a perfect snapshot of booking someone for a specific arena. It’s a fun match. Pedro looked good too. Crowd was into it.



____________________
"Well, maybe I like the nightlife just a little bit more than I like the damn gym, jack! And when you're makin' $500,000 a year, there ain't no reason to change what you're doing." - Dusty Rhodes, 1/4/1986
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu Feb 14th, 2019 06:56 pm
  PM Quote Reply
43rd Post
WongLee
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Fri Oct 19th, 2007
Location: Bay Shore, New York
Posts: 7007
Status: 
Online
Blazer wrote:
That said, go out of your way to look up Pedro vs. Macho Man for the IC title at MSG around late ‘86. Pedro owns him for most of he match and wins by countout. It was a perfect snapshot of booking someone for a specific arena. It’s a fun match. Pedro looked good too. Crowd was into it.
Goes right along with what I said. When in with the top level workers after 1980, Pedro could still put on a tremendous match. I've never heard of this one. Thanks for the tip, I'll definitely be searching it out later.



____________________
— The Iron Sheik (@the_ironsheik) October 8, 2009
hello @Paula_Deen you have midget pig dick and dead dog tits I hope I see you I break your fucking fat neck bitch
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Fri Feb 15th, 2019 03:29 pm
  PM Quote Reply
44th Post
Ultimark



Joined: Sun Oct 28th, 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 6875
Status: 
Offline
RIP to Pedro. As I look back now, I realize that I started to watch wrestling with my Dad and it was only a few months after Pedro had his run as WWWF champ. I remember the time frame well because my Dad died shortly thereafter.

I liked his late 70's run. I can still recall watching the MSG matches on USA. I seem to recall a match against Stan Hansen that I really liked. I wouldn't say I was a huge fan of his and have no memory of the 80's run at all. I wasn't watching much WWF. I was down south where the Crockett's reigned supreme.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Fri Feb 15th, 2019 04:31 pm
  PM Quote Reply
45th Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 49231
Status: 
Offline
No collection on WWE Network yet?



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Current time is 02:33 am Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3     
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Pro Wrestling > RIP Pedro Morales Top




UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems