WowBB Forums Home 
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Pro Wrestling > ECWA Super 8 Legacy Tournament

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi  
AuthorPost
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 50259
Status: 
Offline
The Super 8 has seen better days obviously, and hasn’t been very relevant on the indy scene in many years. This year they have an interesting concept that they’re hoping will bring some prestige back to the tournament, inviting all 2nd generation competitors. 

The 2019 field:

Colby Corino- son of Steve Corino
Lance Anoai- son of Samu and grandson of Afa the Wild Samoan
Timothy Zbyszko- son of Larry Zbyszko
Brian Pillman Jr.- son of Brian Pillman 
Marshall Von Erich- son of Kevin Von Erich
Ross Von Erich- son of Kevin Von Erich
Wes Brisco - son of Gerald Brisco
Leland Race - son of Harley Race 

Last edited on Mon Mar 18th, 2019 02:39 am by srossi

freebirdsforever2001
Fantasia is running wild!


Joined: Tue Jul 8th, 2008
Location: Pittsgrove, New Jersey USA
Posts: 20758
Status: 
Offline
srossi wrote: The Super 8 has seen better days obviously, and hasn’t been very relevant on the indy scene in many years. This year they have an interesting concept that they’re hoping will bring some prestige back to the tournament, inviting all 2nd generation competitors. 

The 2019 field:

Colby Corino- son of Steve Corino
Lance Anoai- son of Samu and grandson of Afa the Wild Samoan
Timothy Zbyszko- son of Larry Zbyszko
Brian Pillman Jr.- son of Brian Pillman 
Marshall Von Erich- son of Kevin Von Erich
Ross Von Erich- son of Kevin Von Erich
Wes Brisco - son of Gerald Brisco
Leland Race - son of Harley Race 

Colby Corino sucks really bad>
Lance Anoai I hear isn't too bad
Timothy Zbyszko. I follow the indy scene pretty good and I never heard of him
Brian Pillman Jr. Best wrestler in this, should win it, so he probably won't.
Marshall Von Eirch. If they were really good, they would be signed to a major company somewhere.
Ross Von Erich. Read above statement.
Wes Brisco. Think he's pretty horrible If any good, he would be in NXT.Leland Race. I heard some good things about him when he wrestled in NOAH a few years back and when he was in the NJPW Tag league in 2016.

WongLee
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Fri Oct 19th, 2007
Location: Bay Shore, New York
Posts: 7236
Status: 
Offline
Why would a guy like Harley give his son such a fruity name?

srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 50259
Status: 
Offline
WongLee wrote: Why would a guy like Harley give his son such a fruity name?
Pretty sure Leland is Harley's middle name.

bpickering
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Tue Nov 13th, 2007
Location: Highspire, Pennsylvania USA
Posts: 17914
Status: 
Offline
freebirdsforever2001 wrote: srossi wrote: The Super 8 has seen better days obviously, and hasn’t been very relevant on the indy scene in many years. This year they have an interesting concept that they’re hoping will bring some prestige back to the tournament, inviting all 2nd generation competitors. 

The 2019 field:

Colby Corino- son of Steve Corino
Lance Anoai- son of Samu and grandson of Afa the Wild Samoan
Timothy Zbyszko- son of Larry Zbyszko
Brian Pillman Jr.- son of Brian Pillman 
Marshall Von Erich- son of Kevin Von Erich
Ross Von Erich- son of Kevin Von Erich
Wes Brisco - son of Gerald Brisco
Leland Race - son of Harley Race 

Colby Corino sucks really bad>
Lance Anoai I hear isn't too bad
Timothy Zbyszko. I follow the indy scene pretty good and I never heard of him
Brian Pillman Jr. Best wrestler in this, should win it, so he probably won't.
Marshall Von Eirch. If they were really good, they would be signed to a major company somewhere.
Ross Von Erich. Read above statement.
Wes Brisco. Think he's pretty horrible If any good, he would be in NXT.Leland Race. I heard some good things about him when he wrestled in NOAH a few years back and when he was in the NJPW Tag league in 2016.

Lance is very good. Should be in NXT at least. 

srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 50259
Status: 
Offline
bpickering wrote: freebirdsforever2001 wrote: srossi wrote: The Super 8 has seen better days obviously, and hasn’t been very relevant on the indy scene in many years. This year they have an interesting concept that they’re hoping will bring some prestige back to the tournament, inviting all 2nd generation competitors. 

The 2019 field:

Colby Corino- son of Steve Corino
Lance Anoai- son of Samu and grandson of Afa the Wild Samoan
Timothy Zbyszko- son of Larry Zbyszko
Brian Pillman Jr.- son of Brian Pillman 
Marshall Von Erich- son of Kevin Von Erich
Ross Von Erich- son of Kevin Von Erich
Wes Brisco - son of Gerald Brisco
Leland Race - son of Harley Race 

Colby Corino sucks really bad>
Lance Anoai I hear isn't too bad
Timothy Zbyszko. I follow the indy scene pretty good and I never heard of him
Brian Pillman Jr. Best wrestler in this, should win it, so he probably won't.
Marshall Von Eirch. If they were really good, they would be signed to a major company somewhere.
Ross Von Erich. Read above statement.
Wes Brisco. Think he's pretty horrible If any good, he would be in NXT.Leland Race. I heard some good things about him when he wrestled in NOAH a few years back and when he was in the NJPW Tag league in 2016.

Lance is very good. Should be in NXT at least. 

I just saw a little bit of Jacob Fatu the past few weeks, and he is awesome.  I think he's the son of Tonga Kid and he's the spitting image of some of the old school Samoans and can really move too.  He should absolutely be in NXT soon. 

Last edited on Mon Mar 18th, 2019 04:44 pm by srossi

martini
Sunny's White Knight


Joined: Fri Aug 13th, 2010
Location:  
Posts: 3917
Status: 
Offline
srossi wrote: WongLee wrote: Why would a guy like Harley give his son such a fruity name?
Pretty sure Leland is Harley's middle name.

Is Leland really Harley's son? I thought it was a kayfabe son. I saw the guy wrestle early in his career when he was the WLW Champion as Jason Jones and at that time, he was the head trainer at the WLW school.

Last edited on Wed Mar 20th, 2019 09:03 pm by martini

srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 50259
Status: 
Offline
martini wrote: srossi wrote: WongLee wrote: Why would a guy like Harley give his son such a fruity name?
Pretty sure Leland is Harley's middle name.

Is Leland really Harley's son? I thought it was a kayfabe son. I saw the guy wrestle early in his career when he was the WLW Champion as Jason Jones and at that time, he was the head trainer at the WLW school.

I heard adopted son but that could be a work. 

WongLee
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Fri Oct 19th, 2007
Location: Bay Shore, New York
Posts: 7236
Status: 
Offline
srossi wrote: martini wrote: srossi wrote: WongLee wrote: Why would a guy like Harley give his son such a fruity name?
Pretty sure Leland is Harley's middle name.

Is Leland really Harley's son? I thought it was a kayfabe son. I saw the guy wrestle early in his career when he was the WLW Champion as Jason Jones and at that time, he was the head trainer at the WLW school.

I heard adopted son but that could be a work.
Harley's wife was so tough, the baby came out sideways and not a peep came out of her.

srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 50259
Status: 
Offline
Pillman is my choice to win as well.

One Fan Gang



Joined: Wed Apr 22nd, 2009
Location:  
Posts: 4497
Status: 
Offline
Harley had a son Justin Race who got some pub in the Apter magazines in his teens for being a good amateur. Probably not a lights out state champ but good enough for Wonderful Willie to give Harley a nod. I wonder if Justin was on his mom's side after a divorce and sort of estranged as a result.

srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 50259
Status: 
Offline
Lance Anoia won, beating Brian Pillman, Jr. in the finals. I would’ve had Pillman win, but these were the best two in the tournament.

bpickering
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Tue Nov 13th, 2007
Location: Highspire, Pennsylvania USA
Posts: 17914
Status: 
Offline
srossi wrote: Lance Anoia won, beating Brian Pillman, Jr. in the finals. I would’ve had Pillman win, but these were the best two in the tournament.
Lance is at the  WWE Performance Center center this week getting a tryout. 

srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 50259
Status: 
Offline
Does anyone have this show yet? Video, steaming, or whatever it might be these days? I don’t even know how to get indy shows that aren’t on the FITE TV app anymore.

srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 50259
Status: 
Offline
MLW have signed Marshall and Ross von Erich to 5 year contracts, so expect them to come in with a push shortly.



UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems