WowBB Forums Home 

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi  
AuthorPost
beejmi
The Big Kahuna


Joined: Sat Oct 13th, 2007
Location: Philly
Posts: 41719
Status: 
Offline
Kicks off today.

We'll find out if the Lions are for real or beginning their free-fall out of the playoff race.

The Jets are in Dallas in a nice Turkey Day mismatch.

Ya know, the "Atlanta Falcon" kinda looks a little like a turkey? The hot and cold Colts travel to Atlanta to take on the dirty birds.

Discuss ~

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
The Lions aren't for real. Packers will kill them.

Dallas will murder the Jets.

Peyton Manning will get back on track against The Falcons.

brodiescomics



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 3324
Status: 
Offline
My favorite week of football. 3 games today, 3 on Sunday, and 1 Monday night.

lobo316



Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Raptorville
Posts: 43564
Status: 
Offline
This HAS to be the weekend the Pats don't cover the spread.
They can't keep annihilating their opponents, can they ?
Of course, I've said this all season.

khawk
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 15789
Status: 
Offline
lobo316 wrote: This HAS to be the weekend the Pats don't cover the spread.
They can't keep annihilating their opponents, can they ?
Of course, I've said this all season.


That's the same logic I used when picking Detroit over the Packers..."There's no way the friggin Packers should only have one loss, so they should lose to Detroit".

 

That logic worked out fabulously for me, obviously... :X

 

 

lobo316



Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Raptorville
Posts: 43564
Status: 
Offline
Jesus H Christ, Favre has found the Fountain of Youth.

ChrisOTL

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 1312
Status: 
Offline
Bill Cowher, proving he is completely out of his mind during the post game says:

"Green Bay looked much more impressive than the Dallas Cowboys did today"

are you fucking shitting me? the lions tossed up 26 points against the Packer defense, the Cowboys, albiet against a shitty Jets team, did what they were supposed to do against said shitty team; and gave up only 3.

Stupid quote #2 from Cowher in the post game:

"Green Bay can run the ball"

really? Last I saw today, at the end of the third quarter the Packers had attempted to run the ball 9 times for 46 yards - and one of those runs went for 31 yards. Thats not exactly a dominating running game. I think Marion Barber had more rushing yards in the second half than the Packers had all day.

The Cowboys will drill the Packers next week, take it to the bank.


khawk
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 15789
Status: 
Offline
Cowher hasn't looked or sounded comfortable during his announcing gig at all.

BuddyPSHayes



Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Anywhere I Damn Well Please
Posts: 3815
Status: 
Offline
- J-E-T-S = JUST ANOTHER VICTIM

- This is the weekend that Tom Brady's punk ass gets taken out. If (yeah right, "if") the Pats are up by 30+ points in the second half and Belicheat leaves Brady in, the Eagles go right for his knees. There's got to be some of the psycho, Michael Irvin-crippling, bounty-hunting Eagles left in Jim Johnson's defense.

- It's ridiculous the lengths that the media (including and especially Aikman) will go to, to disrespect the Cowboys. Beating the Crying Fraud Pussy next week may put a stop to that, but I doubt it. In Cowher's case, he knows he'll be coaching somewhere next year.

beejmi
The Big Kahuna


Joined: Sat Oct 13th, 2007
Location: Philly
Posts: 41719
Status: 
Offline
Buddy PS you my have fooled everyone else but not me. I know you are a stinkin' weasel TEXANS fan.

I hope you didn't pull your hamstrings (jumping off their bandwagon)

BuddyPSHayes



Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Anywhere I Damn Well Please
Posts: 3815
Status: 
Offline
beejmi wrote: Buddy PS you my have fooled everyone else but not me. I know you are a stinkin' weasel TEXANS fan.

I hope you didn't pull your hamstrings (jumping off their bandwagon)


Insult me for being a Cowboy fan all you want, but NEVER associate me with the "Texans".

beejmi
The Big Kahuna


Joined: Sat Oct 13th, 2007
Location: Philly
Posts: 41719
Status: 
Offline
Chris OtL wrote: Bill Cowher, proving he is completely out of his mind during the post game says:

"Green Bay looked much more impressive than the Dallas Cowboys did today"

are you fucking shitting me? the lions tossed up 26 points against the Packer defense, the Cowboys, albiet against a shitty Jets team, did what they were supposed to do against said shitty team; and gave up only 3.




You have to wonder if Favre and Cowher have shared a warm shower together at some point in time.

Sundays matchups ~ Oh my God the Cleveland Browns (in line for the playoffs) host the Houston Texans. The Giants are at home against the Vikings. The Titans go to Cincy for a game that if they win (it helps their playoff cause) and if they lose, it could hurt them later on. Saints at Carolina with the loser being hurt in the wildcard race.

Sunday night features the Eagles at New England. Monday night has the Dolphins at Pittsburgh. Can't imagine what the Dolphins will do for points.

Discuss ~

beejmi
The Big Kahuna


Joined: Sat Oct 13th, 2007
Location: Philly
Posts: 41719
Status: 
Offline
I can't believe the CLEVELAND F-N BROWNS have a playoff spot in their reach (they control their own destiny basically)

Good to see the Giants start their scheduled second half implosion right on schedule.

beejmi
The Big Kahuna


Joined: Sat Oct 13th, 2007
Location: Philly
Posts: 41719
Status: 
Offline
LOL at the Broncos blowing a 14 point lead with less than five minutes left. It has been a good year for my hatred for Mike Shanahan. Let's watch them blow this in OT.

beejmi
The Big Kahuna


Joined: Sat Oct 13th, 2007
Location: Philly
Posts: 41719
Status: 
Offline
And the Bears win in OT 37-34. Yeah that Shanahan sure is a genius.

LAF



Joined: Sat Oct 13th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 4596
Status: 
Offline
Cards blow a 30-yard FG in overtime and then lose after their 1243345th special teams penalty took them back inside their own 5. Warner's usual immobility led to a fumble/sack in the end zone.

The Bills have completely quit on their inept coaches, especially on defense.

HBF



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Atlanta, Georgia USA
Posts: 17866
Status: 
Offline
The Giants performance is expected by us seasoned, stubborn fans at this point of the year. 

clawmaster
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48216
Status: 
Offline
beejmi wrote: And the Bears win in OT 37-34. Yeah that Shanahan sure is a genius.

LOL!! I shut the game off. I didn't find out they won until I tuned into the Sunday night game.

Kid_Naitch



Joined: Tue Oct 30th, 2007
Location: IOWA
Posts: 4903
Status: 
Offline
The Chiefs are an exercise in human woe this season. Bright spot was Kolby Smith with 150 yds and 2 tds. He'll probably have a major injury or retire in two weeks.

Last edited on Mon Nov 26th, 2007 04:57 am by Kid_Naitch

Kid_Naitch



Joined: Tue Oct 30th, 2007
Location: IOWA
Posts: 4903
Status: 
Offline
All thanks to lil' known Derrek Anderson. From obscurity to Pro Bowl if he keeps it up.

thunderbolt
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Manhattan Beach, California USA
Posts: 6205
Status: 
Offline
The Iggles played well enough to win, but come up short.  I do take comfort in the fact that, somewhere, the surviving '72 Dolphins are angst ridden.

CanadianHorseman



Joined: Fri Nov 2nd, 2007
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia Canada
Posts: 14026
Status: 
Offline
HBF wrote: The Giants performance is expected by us seasoned, stubborn fans at this point of the year. 
It's kind of expected ( and thoroughly enjoyed )  by Cowboy fans too.  ;)

HBF



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Atlanta, Georgia USA
Posts: 17866
Status: 
Offline
CanadianHorseman wrote: HBF wrote: The Giants performance is expected by us seasoned, stubborn fans at this point of the year. 
It's kind of expected ( and thoroughly enjoyed )  by Cowboy fans too.  ;)

Don't worry, your metrosexual QB will be looking almost as dumb as Eli does when he gets thoroughly whipped in the Super Bowl.

Kid_Naitch



Joined: Tue Oct 30th, 2007
Location: IOWA
Posts: 4903
Status: 
Offline
Nah, Favre will get there over Romosexual.

HBF



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Atlanta, Georgia USA
Posts: 17866
Status: 
Offline
Kid_Naitch wrote: Nah, Favre will get there over Romosexual.
I hope so.  You and I are in the minority here Naitch.  There's a lot of Favre hatred on this board.

beejmi
The Big Kahuna


Joined: Sat Oct 13th, 2007
Location: Philly
Posts: 41719
Status: 
Offline
Coming out of week twelve in Philly.

The entire fan base does not want to see McNabb trotted out there next week. The overwhelming consensus is that the team responds better to Feeley (they also watched the same process with Jeff Garcia) Keep in mind they didn't win last night and Feeley threw 3 INTs.

All scratching our heads why they never play with the same intensity as they did last night.

LAF



Joined: Sat Oct 13th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 4596
Status: 
Offline
As beej and I discussed on IM last night, the Eagles call a much more sensible game when McNabb isn't in there.

beejmi
The Big Kahuna


Joined: Sat Oct 13th, 2007
Location: Philly
Posts: 41719
Status: 
Offline
McNabb's (Super Bowl) box score and AJ's box score (from last night) are eerily similar.

McNabb was labelled as a choker. AJ is seen as the saviour.

AJ’s box score vs The Pats  27 for 42 / 345 yards / 3 TDs / 3 INTs / Team lost by 3

McNabb’s box score (SB)   30 for 51 / 357 yards / 3 TDs / 3 INTs / Team lost by 3

 

HBF



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Atlanta, Georgia USA
Posts: 17866
Status: 
Offline
Can Feely be this year's Garcia?

Kid_Naitch



Joined: Tue Oct 30th, 2007
Location: IOWA
Posts: 4903
Status: 
Offline
HBF wrote: Kid_Naitch wrote: Nah, Favre will get there over Romosexual.
I hope so.  You and I are in the minority here Naitch.  There's a lot of Favre hatred on this board.

I don't like him, either. I just think this is his year, his last hurrah if you weel. Only to be snuffed out by Brady, Inc.

beejmi
The Big Kahuna


Joined: Sat Oct 13th, 2007
Location: Philly
Posts: 41719
Status: 
Offline
HBF wrote: Can Feely be this year's Garcia?
No. Not from the bench.

CanadianHorseman



Joined: Fri Nov 2nd, 2007
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia Canada
Posts: 14026
Status: 
Offline
HBF wrote: CanadianHorseman wrote: HBF wrote: The Giants performance is expected by us seasoned, stubborn fans at this point of the year. 
It's kind of expected ( and thoroughly enjoyed )  by Cowboy fans too.  ;)

Don't worry, your metrosexual QB will be looking almost as dumb as Eli does when he gets thoroughly whipped in the Super Bowl.

If your statement comes true at least our " dumb " QB got our team to the Super Bowl. I get a feeling Eli will soon become the posterboy ( like his brother used to be ) for the " wait until next year " stories.

thunderbolt
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Manhattan Beach, California USA
Posts: 6205
Status: 
Offline
ACtually, you could say that about where Peyton used to be or where Archie spent his entire career.

krazykid18
The Prophet
 

Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 1808
Status: 
Offline
yes because Andy Reid, knows when McNabb is not there, he uses all the talents, when McNabb is there, it is 80% pass, and dump throws to westbrook,

HBF



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Atlanta, Georgia USA
Posts: 17866
Status: 
Offline
CanadianHorseman wrote: HBF wrote: CanadianHorseman wrote: HBF wrote: The Giants performance is expected by us seasoned, stubborn fans at this point of the year. 
It's kind of expected ( and thoroughly enjoyed )  by Cowboy fans too.  ;)

Don't worry, your metrosexual QB will be looking almost as dumb as Eli does when he gets thoroughly whipped in the Super Bowl.

If your statement comes true at least our " dumb " QB got our team to the Super Bowl. I get a feeling Eli will soon become the posterboy ( like his brother used to be ) for the " wait until next year " stories.

Let me clarify Bob.  I am not saying Romo is dumb by any means.  He's actually one of the quickest thinkers I've seen play the position in years.  However, it's going to be tough for him going against Belichick in the SB and looking good.  He didn't look very good earlier in the year, and Belichick steps it up in the playoffs.

If I told you I wasn't worried about Eli I'd be lying.

Last edited on Mon Nov 26th, 2007 08:50 pm by HBF

CanadianHorseman



Joined: Fri Nov 2nd, 2007
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia Canada
Posts: 14026
Status: 
Offline
HBF wrote: CanadianHorseman wrote: HBF wrote: CanadianHorseman wrote: HBF wrote: The Giants performance is expected by us seasoned, stubborn fans at this point of the year. 
It's kind of expected ( and thoroughly enjoyed )  by Cowboy fans too.  ;)

Don't worry, your metrosexual QB will be looking almost as dumb as Eli does when he gets thoroughly whipped in the Super Bowl.

If your statement comes true at least our " dumb " QB got our team to the Super Bowl. I get a feeling Eli will soon become the posterboy ( like his brother used to be ) for the " wait until next year " stories.

Let me clarify Bob.  I am not saying Romo is dumb by any means.  He's actually one of the quickest thinkers I've seen play the position in years.  However, it's going to be tough for him going against Belichick in the SB and looking good.  He didn't look very good earlier in the year, and Belichick steps it up in the playoffs.

If I told you I wasn't worried about Eli I'd be lying.


First of all - how dare you use my real name here for everybody to see !!!!!!!!!!!!! :D  Now here is my take on Romo - I worry about guys that come out of nowhere to suddenly become stars because a lot of times that stardom is shortlived. I prefer guys that start out slowly and you can see their progess building. Look at Romo - he was undrafted and signed as a free agent in 2003 by the Cowboys and brought to camp simply because the Cowboys wanted 4 QBs there to throw passes to all the WRs that were coming to camp that year. So in less than 4 years he has gone from a Division 2 QB to the # 4 guy on the Cowboys all the way to the starting QB on a 10-1 team that might represent the NFC in this year's Super Bowl. I'm just worried that one day he will look in the mirror and go " Holy shit - I'm Tony Romo and I'm really not supposed to be this good ".  Don't get me wrong - as a Cowboy fan I am thoroughly enjoying his quick rise to stardom ( he is not anywhere near " superstardom " just yet ) but I am worried that his fall from grace might be as quick as his rise was. I guess this might be the Red Sox fan in me coming out - instead of enjoying what is happening right now I find myself worrying about how ( not when because it usually does happen ) things will fuck up.

The Ultimate Sin
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown, Sri Lanka
Posts: 9863
Status: 
Offline
beejmi wrote: And the Bears win in OT 37-34. Yeah that Shanahan sure is a genius.
You're hatred is clouding your thoughts young Skywalker.  The Broncos are without their top two RB's, top 2 WR's, and are starting a QB in his first full season.  The D is hurting almost as bad. 

Kid_Naitch



Joined: Tue Oct 30th, 2007
Location: IOWA
Posts: 4903
Status: 
Offline
Wow. Steelers beat Fins 3-0 in the lowest scoring game in over a decade. What a slop fest. Weirdest stat is that Roethlisberger was 18-21 and yet couldn't get any points until the very end. Again, the Fins come up just short.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=271126023

HBF



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Atlanta, Georgia USA
Posts: 17866
Status: 
Offline
It's a rare occasion that WWE takes precedence over football but that game was the shits.  Jericho and Santino were funny together and actually held my interest.

LAF



Joined: Sat Oct 13th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 4596
Status: 
Offline
That was one of the greatest games ever. I was captivated from start to finish

lobo316



Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Raptorville
Posts: 43564
Status: 
Offline
Steelers win on a 3 run homer by Reed.

beejmi
The Big Kahuna


Joined: Sat Oct 13th, 2007
Location: Philly
Posts: 41719
Status: 
Offline
LAF ~ did you jizz over the game? :P

The Ultimate Sin
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown, Sri Lanka
Posts: 9863
Status: 
Offline
I loved it when the punt sunk in the grass.



UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems