WowBB Forums Home 

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi  
AuthorPost
beejmi
The Big Kahuna


Joined: Sat Oct 13th, 2007
Location: Philly
Posts: 40815
Status: 
Offline
Too white and too old?

Good candidate?


Future President?

Support will drop over time?


You tell me …….

srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 48294
Status: 
Offline
Probably the best chance to bring back Obama voters and beat Trump, but the progressives will make him look like Jeffrey Dahmer within 6 months and destroy his life. Trump will never even have to say a word.

Ultimark



Joined: Sun Oct 28th, 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 6798
Status: 
Offline
He is a bit of a phony. Biden helped the GOP rewrite the bankruptcy legislation which made it harder for the "average guy" to get out from under. He was owned by credit card banks in DE, in particular MBNA which employed his son.

I know he is leading the Dem polls by a wide margin but I also expect that to decline over time.

khawk
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 15418
Status: 
Offline
It will depend on if the voters want to return to the usual politicians and political ways after four years of Trump. Easy to say "Yes they will" to that but who knows?

Superstar
2018 Poster of the Year


Joined: Thu Jan 31st, 2008
Location: Isle Of, Malta
Posts: 5272
Status: 
Offline
He's an old guard politician. After Trump, there is no way they go to an 80 year old man that's been in politics for 55 years.

Papa Voo



Joined: Thu Jan 17th, 2008
Location: Right Outside The Burgh, USA
Posts: 9515
Status: 
Offline
Worthless political hack.

Kriss
Citizen of nowhere


Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 6456
Status: 
Offline
Here's my European perspective. Biden is just riding the Obama wave. He's probably hoping that the time is right for an old, white racist version of Obama. He's ahead in the poles, but it's nowhere to where Hilary was four years ago, and he's losing support. I'd guess that Biden and Sanders are getting their polling numbers from their name recognition, and I'd expect numbers to move after the TV debates. To me, they aren't even the best two candidates. If you want a racist white man as president, vote for Mayor Pete, and of you are a dirty commie, Warren is a better bet than Bernie and won't need to nap in the afternoon.

If Biden gets nominated and wins, he won't fix any of the problems Obama created, and it'll just open the door for another far right madman like Trump.

Embrace the left, America, your fire departments, police and most of the armed forces work under socialism, you just need to take a few more steps.

Franchise
Low key big hog


Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: D-ville
Posts: 3258
Status: 
Offline
Why would I embrace the left? That sounds like a horrible idea.

srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 48294
Status: 
Offline
Rolling Stone has an article up today about Biden’s past efforts to end abortion, and being VERY vocal and proud of it back in the day. The comments section is what you’d expect and I consider him already dead in the water.

Papa Voo



Joined: Thu Jan 17th, 2008
Location: Right Outside The Burgh, USA
Posts: 9515
Status: 
Offline
srossi wrote: Rolling Stone has an article up today about Biden’s past efforts to end abortion, and being VERY vocal and proud of it back in the day. The comments section is what you’d expect and I consider him already dead in the water.

I think he was dead before he started.  This guy is sooo greasy. 

beejmi
The Big Kahuna


Joined: Sat Oct 13th, 2007
Location: Philly
Posts: 40815
Status: 
Offline
Somewhat interested in how Biden vs Sanders shakes out

KGB

 

Joined: Wed Jul 4th, 2012
Location:  
Posts: 1115
Status: 
Offline
Biden's in trouble with the Dems merely for saying he still supports the Hyde Amendment (which bars the use of federal funds for abortion procedures. *nudge nudge... wink wink*). He did say that if Roe v. Wade appears threatened, he'd be open to repealing Hyde. Huh?? What does one have to do with the other?

Today's Democrat party is devolving into little more than a death cult. It's no wonder they're so enamored of Muzzies.

nyhack56

 

Joined: Wed May 15th, 2019
Location:  
Posts: 19
Status: 
Offline
He's a neo-lib.

Look at his voting record. There's very little difference between him and a Republican.

srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 48294
Status: 
Offline
nyhack56 wrote: He's a neo-lib.

Look at his voting record. There's very little difference between him and a Republican.

Even worse with Kamala Harris, but all the woke Dems who hate "old white guys" are tripping over themselves for that authoritarian bitch. Harris scares me more than Trump, but she's a black woman so there's no talking sense to liberals on that one.

Last edited on Thu Jun 6th, 2019 02:42 pm by srossi

Papa Voo



Joined: Thu Jan 17th, 2008
Location: Right Outside The Burgh, USA
Posts: 9515
Status: 
Offline
nyhack56 wrote: He's a neo-lib.

Look at his voting record. There's very little difference between him and a Republican.


This is true.  He is also a big feeder off of the corporate tit. 

BlueThunder



Joined: Mon Jun 6th, 2011
Location:  
Posts: 2165
Status: 
Offline
The fact that a two time loser has a double digit lead over his competitors speaks volumes on how horrible the Dem party is. This guy couldn't make headwaves in 1988 when Dukakis was the frontrunner. Dukakis may have been the worst candidate in my lifetime. In 2008, he was never in the picture. If he wasn't Obama's bitch, he wouldn't even be running for the office.

I never really like the guy's politics or his personality.

He has a couple of things going for him.
1. As already mentioned, he gets a rub for being the VP of a very charismatic President.

2. In a field of crazed socialist liberals, his policies are sane by comparison.

3. Trump's personality alienates a percentage of the population even if he has a long list of accomplishments.

He also has a few things working against him. If he stays moderate, he will alienate the woke crowd. They may take their ball and go elsewhere like they did when Hillary beat Bernie. If he goes left to appease the libs, he might alienate centrist Independents. He has a tough balancing act. He is going to have to answer for a lot of his previous stances, such as the 94 Crime Bill. Also, he seems to have really aged these last few years. Can he take an onslaught of shots from the 83 Dem candidates? If he gets the nom, can he do three or four campaign shows a day like Trump?

Last edited on Thu Jun 6th, 2019 04:07 pm by BlueThunder

krazykid18

 

Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 1680
Status: 
Offline
srossi wrote: nyhack56 wrote: He's a neo-lib.

Look at his voting record. There's very little difference between him and a Republican.

Even worse with Kamala Harris, but all the woke Dems who hate "old white guys" are tripping over themselves for that authoritarian bitch. Harris scares me more than Trump, but she's a black woman so there's no talking sense to liberals on that one.

Why is she a black woman and not an indian woman who is married to a white guy, she has no shot of winning an election, she won't get the  black vote being married to a white guy and her mother being indian and she being bi racial no chance  

Papa Voo



Joined: Thu Jan 17th, 2008
Location: Right Outside The Burgh, USA
Posts: 9515
Status: 
Offline
I think it may be this guy even though 97% of his supporters cannot spell his name correctly most times without looking it up.


Pete Buttigieg



Last edited on Thu Jun 6th, 2019 07:10 pm by Papa Voo

nyhack56

 

Joined: Wed May 15th, 2019
Location:  
Posts: 19
Status: 
Offline
BlueThunder wrote: The fact that a two time loser has a double digit lead over his competitors speaks volumes on how horrible the Dem party is. This guy couldn't make headwaves in 1988 when Dukakis was the frontrunner. Dukakis may have been the worst candidate in my lifetime. In 2008, he was never in the picture. If he wasn't Obama's bitch, he wouldn't even be running for the office.

I never really like the guy's politics or his personality.

He has a couple of things going for him.
1. As already mentioned, he gets a rub for being the VP of a very charismatic President.

2. In a field of crazed socialist liberals, his policies are sane by comparison.

3. Trump's personality alienates a percentage of the population even if he has a long list of accomplishments.

He also has a few things working against him. If he stays moderate, he will alienate the woke crowd. They may take their ball and go elsewhere like they did when Hillary beat Bernie. If he goes left to appease the libs, he might alienate centrist Independents. He has a tough balancing act. He is going to have to answer for a lot of his previous stances, such as the 94 Crime Bill. Also, he seems to have really aged these last few years. Can he take an onslaught of shots from the 83 Dem candidates? If he gets the nom, can he do three or four campaign shows a day like Trump?

BT, I know you're right wing.  No judgments.  I am giving you my point of view on politics on the left. 


FWIW, I am a crazed socialist liberal (at least by Republican standards).  Biden sucks.  This is how a lot of us feel.  I won't say a majority of us, but a very good amount.  There is very little difference in his policies and history than what we see in the Republican party.


After experiencing 2016, we see a repeat of the last Presidential election if this guy gets the nod.  And then WE'RE gonna get blamed again.  Even though all major media outlets pushed this gut from day 1.  Even though there were tons of hit pieces on the progressive candidates.  Even though we're going to run into the superdelegate issue again, just 1 round later at the Dem convention.  Even if he struggles in the rust belt and PA.  I hope for his sake he actually spends time campaigning there instead of thinking he has it in the bag like Hillary did.  That was her biggest flaw, well that and her general cringeworthy speeches.


13% of 2012 Obama voters voted for Trump in 2016.  That is a pretty significant amount of people because Obama has record numbers of people turning out.


4.4 million Obama voters from 2012 stayed home in 2016.


How was ever a "Bernie or Bust" issue?  That is the drivel the Hillary supporters give us.
Take a look at this map.  It basically shows you were Trump picked up actual voters who switched.  Every swing state she ignored.  That's more of an indictment on Hillary than ANYTHING Bernie could have caused.


Map of Obama 2012 - Trump 2016 voters

Those who don't learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.

Last edited on Thu Jun 6th, 2019 08:59 pm by nyhack56

gwlee7



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 5279
Status: 
Offline
Biden has **surprise** reversed course on the Hyde Amendment.  

nyhack56

 

Joined: Wed May 15th, 2019
Location:  
Posts: 19
Status: 
Offline
gwlee7 wrote: Biden has **surprise** reversed course on the Hyde Amendment.  
This is why he sucks.  Saying things people want to hear.  Not taking a real stance.  The more he talks, the more he looks like a DINO.
This is a guy who basically said "I'm too busy campaigning to come up with policy ideas."  WTF?
And people (Dems) support him basically because he's not Trump.  That some choice.  Giant douche vs. Turd Sandwich all over again.  Like rooting for cancer to beat AIDS.

BlueThunder



Joined: Mon Jun 6th, 2011
Location:  
Posts: 2165
Status: 
Offline
nyhack56 wrote: BlueThunder wrote: The fact that a two time loser has a double digit lead over his competitors speaks volumes on how horrible the Dem party is. This guy couldn't make headwaves in 1988 when Dukakis was the frontrunner. Dukakis may have been the worst candidate in my lifetime. In 2008, he was never in the picture. If he wasn't Obama's bitch, he wouldn't even be running for the office.

I never really like the guy's politics or his personality.

He has a couple of things going for him.
1. As already mentioned, he gets a rub for being the VP of a very charismatic President.

2. In a field of crazed socialist liberals, his policies are sane by comparison.

3. Trump's personality alienates a percentage of the population even if he has a long list of accomplishments.

He also has a few things working against him. If he stays moderate, he will alienate the woke crowd. They may take their ball and go elsewhere like they did when Hillary beat Bernie. If he goes left to appease the libs, he might alienate centrist Independents. He has a tough balancing act. He is going to have to answer for a lot of his previous stances, such as the 94 Crime Bill. Also, he seems to have really aged these last few years. Can he take an onslaught of shots from the 83 Dem candidates? If he gets the nom, can he do three or four campaign shows a day like Trump?

BT, I know you're right wing.  No judgments.  I am giving you my point of view on politics on the left. 


FWIW, I am a crazed socialist liberal (at least by Republican standards).  Biden sucks.  This is how a lot of us feel.  I won't say a majority of us, but a very good amount.  There is very little difference in his policies and history than what we see in the Republican party.


After experiencing 2016, we see a repeat of the last Presidential election if this guy gets the nod.  And then WE'RE gonna get blamed again.  Even though all major media outlets pushed this gut from day 1.  Even though there were tons of hit pieces on the progressive candidates.  Even though we're going to run into the superdelegate issue again, just 1 round later at the Dem convention.  Even if he struggles in the rust belt and PA.  I hope for his sake he actually spends time campaigning there instead of thinking he has it in the bag like Hillary did.  That was her biggest flaw, well that and her general cringeworthy speeches.


13% of 2012 Obama voters voted for Trump in 2016.  That is a pretty significant amount of people because Obama has record numbers of people turning out.


4.4 million Obama voters from 2012 stayed home in 2016.


How was ever a "Bernie or Bust" issue?  That is the drivel the Hillary supporters give us.
Take a look at this map.  It basically shows you were Trump picked up actual voters who switched.  Every swing state she ignored.  That's more of an indictment on Hillary than ANYTHING Bernie could have caused.


Map of Obama 2012 - Trump 2016 voters

Those who don't learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.


Sorry for getting back to you late. So late me ask you, if Biden gets the nom, how are you voting, or will you stay home? 

nyhack56

 

Joined: Wed May 15th, 2019
Location:  
Posts: 19
Status: 
Offline
BlueThunder wrote: nyhack56 wrote: BlueThunder wrote: The fact that a two time loser has a double digit lead over his competitors speaks volumes on how horrible the Dem party is. This guy couldn't make headwaves in 1988 when Dukakis was the frontrunner. Dukakis may have been the worst candidate in my lifetime. In 2008, he was never in the picture. If he wasn't Obama's bitch, he wouldn't even be running for the office.

I never really like the guy's politics or his personality.

He has a couple of things going for him.
1. As already mentioned, he gets a rub for being the VP of a very charismatic President.

2. In a field of crazed socialist liberals, his policies are sane by comparison.

3. Trump's personality alienates a percentage of the population even if he has a long list of accomplishments.

He also has a few things working against him. If he stays moderate, he will alienate the woke crowd. They may take their ball and go elsewhere like they did when Hillary beat Bernie. If he goes left to appease the libs, he might alienate centrist Independents. He has a tough balancing act. He is going to have to answer for a lot of his previous stances, such as the 94 Crime Bill. Also, he seems to have really aged these last few years. Can he take an onslaught of shots from the 83 Dem candidates? If he gets the nom, can he do three or four campaign shows a day like Trump?

BT, I know you're right wing.  No judgments.  I am giving you my point of view on politics on the left. 


FWIW, I am a crazed socialist liberal (at least by Republican standards).  Biden sucks.  This is how a lot of us feel.  I won't say a majority of us, but a very good amount.  There is very little difference in his policies and history than what we see in the Republican party.


After experiencing 2016, we see a repeat of the last Presidential election if this guy gets the nod.  And then WE'RE gonna get blamed again.  Even though all major media outlets pushed this gut from day 1.  Even though there were tons of hit pieces on the progressive candidates.  Even though we're going to run into the superdelegate issue again, just 1 round later at the Dem convention.  Even if he struggles in the rust belt and PA.  I hope for his sake he actually spends time campaigning there instead of thinking he has it in the bag like Hillary did.  That was her biggest flaw, well that and her general cringeworthy speeches.


13% of 2012 Obama voters voted for Trump in 2016.  That is a pretty significant amount of people because Obama has record numbers of people turning out.


4.4 million Obama voters from 2012 stayed home in 2016.


How was ever a "Bernie or Bust" issue?  That is the drivel the Hillary supporters give us.
Take a look at this map.  It basically shows you were Trump picked up actual voters who switched.  Every swing state she ignored.  That's more of an indictment on Hillary than ANYTHING Bernie could have caused.


Map of Obama 2012 - Trump 2016 voters

Those who don't learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.


Sorry for getting back to you late. So late me ask you, if Biden gets the nom, how are you voting, or will you stay home? 

I will write in like I did last time.  I don't believe in abstaining and I believe in exercising my civic rights.  Hopefully it wouldn't come to that like the last time, but if the Dems refuse to accept change, it's on them.

Last edited on Mon Jun 10th, 2019 08:52 pm by nyhack56

broke



Joined: Tue Jan 22nd, 2008
Location: Bolton, ON
Posts: 3129
Status: 
Offline
Yesterdays candidate

Papa Voo



Joined: Thu Jan 17th, 2008
Location: Right Outside The Burgh, USA
Posts: 9515
Status: 
Offline
Biden has already peaked. It is all downhill from here.

Married Jo



Joined: Fri Dec 21st, 2007
Location: Hickory NC
Posts: 6659
Status: 
Offline
Biden WILL be the nominee, and he could beat Trump. Watch and see...

nyhack56

 

Joined: Wed May 15th, 2019
Location:  
Posts: 19
Status: 
Offline
Married Jo wrote: Biden WILL be the nominee, and he could beat Trump. Watch and see...
Same thing was said about Hillary.  The centrist policies are not working.  He will need minority voter turnout of Obama proportions in areas like Ohio, Michigan, and Pennsylvania, that will be the only way he makes up for lack of enthusiasm from a lot in the Dem party because he has no grass roots.  

Quattro

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 3858
Status: 
Offline
Biden looks a lot older lately to me. He aged very well but in this past year or two it seems like he aged a bunch and it caught up to hm. I dunno

BlueThunder



Joined: Mon Jun 6th, 2011
Location:  
Posts: 2165
Status: 
Offline
Quattro wrote: Biden looks a lot older lately to me. He aged very well but in this past year or two it seems like he aged a bunch and it caught up to hm. I dunno

Exactly. He's just slower on many levels. I looked at Trumps schedule last week and it would wear out a normal 30 year old man. I don't see age hitting Trump like Biden. There is no way he's gonna keep up with the hectic campaign schedule if he wins the primary.

BlueThunder



Joined: Mon Jun 6th, 2011
Location:  
Posts: 2165
Status: 
Offline
Married Jo wrote: Biden WILL be the nominee, and he could beat Trump. Watch and see...
Interesting. I'm abut 50-50 that he gets the nom. As stated, I don't think he has the stamina and energy to pull it off. Unlike Hillary, he is a likable enough person. Still and all, his popularity doesn't grow on people like it did with Obama and Trump. To a lesser extent than Hillary, people are gonna get fatigued with him. His association with Obama is wearing off.

freebirdsforever2001
Fantasia is running wild!


Joined: Tue Jul 8th, 2008
Location: Pittsgrove, New Jersey USA
Posts: 20747
Status: 
Offline
Joe Biden looked half dead on TV last night. No way he wins the nomination.

freebirdsforever2001
Fantasia is running wild!


Joined: Tue Jul 8th, 2008
Location: Pittsgrove, New Jersey USA
Posts: 20747
Status: 
Offline
BlueThunder wrote: Quattro wrote: Biden looks a lot older lately to me. He aged very well but in this past year or two it seems like he aged a bunch and it caught up to hm. I dunno

Exactly. He's just slower on many levels. I looked at Trumps schedule last week and it would wear out a normal 30 year old man. I don't see age hitting Trump like Biden. There is no way he's gonna keep up with the hectic campaign schedule if he wins the primary.

Trump would be somewhat tolerable if he would act like a President instead of insulting people and getting into Twitter wars. It makes him look like a clown and it cheapens the job.

Papa Voo



Joined: Thu Jan 17th, 2008
Location: Right Outside The Burgh, USA
Posts: 9515
Status: 
Offline
Biden loves his Botox.



UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems