WowBB Forums Home 
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > General Discussion > Trump Trailing [Big] In Early Polls

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi  
AuthorPost
beejmi
THE BIG KAHUNA


Joined: Sat Oct 13th, 2007
Location: Philly
Posts: 43398
Status: 
Offline
So they say.



I question the accuracy to be honest as the polls haven't been accurate for a long time now.

srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 52779
Status: 
Offline
Polls. Lol. Ask President Hillary about that.

BlueThunder



Joined: Mon Jun 6th, 2011
Location:  
Posts: 2230
Status: 
Offline
Honest question. How is polling done now days? Landlines are more and more rare as time goes on.

Papa Voo



Joined: Thu Jan 17th, 2008
Location: Right Outside The Burgh, USA
Posts: 9688
Status: 
Offline
Trump is in no risk of getting beat at this point.

nyhack56

 

Joined: Wed May 15th, 2019
Location:  
Posts: 136
Status: 
Offline
Polls are so inaccurate because every one of them have a slant. They have become propaganda instead of being an actual feel of how voters are trending.

Biden, in polls where he is a double digit leader, tend to be where no one under 50 is polled.

Polls mean shit look at the last election.

beejmi
THE BIG KAHUNA


Joined: Sat Oct 13th, 2007
Location: Philly
Posts: 43398
Status: 
Offline
BlueThunder wrote: Honest question. How is polling done now days? Landlines are more and more rare as time goes on.

That's why they haven't been accurate the past decade

Ultimark



Joined: Sun Oct 28th, 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 6995
Status: 
Offline
Way too early. When it comes to a one on one, then we will see what happens. If the election was held today, I really think Trump would win.

katook



Joined: Tue Sep 21st, 2010
Location: In A Trailerpark Filled With Rednecks, North Carolina USA
Posts: 3377
Status: 
Offline
He could lose by over 3 million votes and still get elected.

Ultimark



Joined: Sun Oct 28th, 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 6995
Status: 
Offline
katook wrote: He could lose by over 3 million votes and still get elected.Right - however it cannot be 3.5 million or above.  If that happens then PA, MI and Wi flip.  I was surprised he started in FL, not that it really matters much in the end.   I don't put much stock in the Biden poll.  I still think turnout will be huge in the panhandle and he will probably win FL again.   If not, then it is a short night.  
I decided to listen to him for the first time in several months.  The same nonsense.  The man makes no sense whatsoever on any account yet they eat it up.  That will not change. 

srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 52779
Status: 
Offline
Papa Voo wrote: Trump is in no risk of getting beat at this point.
I would be shocked if Trump loses, and the fact that liberals are basically preparing a victory party already (with no viable candidate yet) just convinces me of that more.  He's going to win again, and liberals are going to be shocked again.  They're incapable of learning from their mistakes.

Papa Voo



Joined: Thu Jan 17th, 2008
Location: Right Outside The Burgh, USA
Posts: 9688
Status: 
Offline
srossi wrote: Papa Voo wrote: Trump is in no risk of getting beat at this point.
I would be shocked if Trump loses, and the fact that liberals are basically preparing a victory party already (with no viable candidate yet) just convinces me of that more.  He's going to win again, and liberals are going to be shocked again.  They're incapable of learning from their mistakes.


Correct.  They actually need “Trump” candidate from the left side.  Somebidy who will tell the Establishment dems that their days are over and also tell the over-zealous liberal side that they need a reality check.  

nyhack56

 

Joined: Wed May 15th, 2019
Location:  
Posts: 136
Status: 
Offline
Papa Voo wrote: srossi wrote: Papa Voo wrote: Trump is in no risk of getting beat at this point.
I would be shocked if Trump loses, and the fact that liberals are basically preparing a victory party already (with no viable candidate yet) just convinces me of that more.  He's going to win again, and liberals are going to be shocked again.  They're incapable of learning from their mistakes.


Correct.  They actually need “Trump” candidate from the left side.  Somebidy who will tell the Establishment dems that their days are over and also tell the over-zealous liberal side that they need a reality check.  
They need him because the threat of him raises them money and keep the elites in power.  Ask Nancy Pelosi.

Ultimark



Joined: Sun Oct 28th, 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 6995
Status: 
Offline
Papa Voo wrote: srossi wrote: Papa Voo wrote: Trump is in no risk of getting beat at this point.
I would be shocked if Trump loses, and the fact that liberals are basically preparing a victory party already (with no viable candidate yet) just convinces me of that more.  He's going to win again, and liberals are going to be shocked again.  They're incapable of learning from their mistakes.


Correct.  They actually need “Trump” candidate from the left side.  Somebidy who will tell the Establishment dems that their days are over and also tell the over-zealous liberal side that they need a reality check.  
There are not that many left.  The woke crowd controls the party, at least on both coasts.  I don't see the D's with that type of candidate.  Still, it is too early and if the economy slows then he could lose.  The Dems sure do make it easier on him. 

srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 52779
Status: 
Offline
Ultimark wrote: Papa Voo wrote: srossi wrote: Papa Voo wrote: Trump is in no risk of getting beat at this point.
I would be shocked if Trump loses, and the fact that liberals are basically preparing a victory party already (with no viable candidate yet) just convinces me of that more.  He's going to win again, and liberals are going to be shocked again.  They're incapable of learning from their mistakes.


Correct.  They actually need “Trump” candidate from the left side.  Somebidy who will tell the Establishment dems that their days are over and also tell the over-zealous liberal side that they need a reality check.  
There are not that many left.  The woke crowd controls the party, at least on both coasts.  I don't see the D's with that type of candidate.  Still, it is too early and if the economy slows then he could lose.  The Dems sure do make it easier on him. 

I don't agree with this at all.  The woke crowd controls Twitter, they don't control the party.  If they controlled the party then Hillary wouldn't have won the nomination in 2016 and Biden wouldn't be the favorite now.  And the average Democrat voter are firmly part of the establishment and don't have much more respect for the woke candidates than they do for Republicans.  They're also much older than the people you find screeching on Twitter.

Of course, when complacent and arrogant, you get massive upsets like AOC beating Hillary's boy in NY, mostly because the establishment refused to even campaign against her or acknowledge her existance.  But Pelosi, Schumer, et al are fighting back and sabotaging those types of candidates now.

Last edited on Wed Jun 19th, 2019 06:23 pm by srossi

Ultimark



Joined: Sun Oct 28th, 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 6995
Status: 
Offline
srossi wrote: Ultimark wrote: Papa Voo wrote: srossi wrote: Papa Voo wrote: Trump is in no risk of getting beat at this point.
I would be shocked if Trump loses, and the fact that liberals are basically preparing a victory party already (with no viable candidate yet) just convinces me of that more.  He's going to win again, and liberals are going to be shocked again.  They're incapable of learning from their mistakes.


Correct.  They actually need “Trump” candidate from the left side.  Somebidy who will tell the Establishment dems that their days are over and also tell the over-zealous liberal side that they need a reality check.  
There are not that many left.  The woke crowd controls the party, at least on both coasts.  I don't see the D's with that type of candidate.  Still, it is too early and if the economy slows then he could lose.  The Dems sure do make it easier on him. 

I don't agree with this at all.  The woke crowd controls Twitter, they don't control the party.  If they controlled the party then Hillary wouldn't have won the nomination in 2016 and Biden wouldn't be the favorite now.  And the average Democrat voter are firmly part of the establishment and don't have much more respect for the woke candidates than they do for Republicans.  They're also much older than the people you find screeching on Twitter.

Of course, when complacent and arrogant, you get massive upsets like AOC beating Hillary's boy in NY, mostly because the establishment refused to even campaign against her or acknowledge her existance.  But Pelosi, Schumer, et al are fighting back and sabotaging those types of candidates now.
I guess we will disagree.  On the coasts, I really think the party has taken a sharp turn left.  The fact that a guy like Sanders was so competitive in the primaries says it all to me about their direction.  He isn't even a Dem.  He is a socialist.  As for Biden, it is very early and he is ahead on name recognition.  I think that will vanish over time.  I guess his one shot is for Obama to campaign strong for him in the D primaries.  This could help in VA, NC, SC and GA where he needs the minority vote to turnout big.  Somehow, I don't see Obama doing that. 

Superstar
'18-'19 POTY, 1st Ballot HOFer


Joined: Thu Jan 31st, 2008
Location: Spread Eagle, Wisconsin USA
Posts: 6365
Status: 
Offline
Trump will win again. He will legalize marijuana federally and use the tax revenue to offset the defaulted student loans. Nobody on the other side could possibly stand a chance if this actually happens.

srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 52779
Status: 
Offline
Superstar wrote: Trump will win again. He will legalize marijuana federally and use the tax revenue to offset the defaulted student loans. Nobody on the other side could possibly stand a chance if this actually happens.
Eh, I doubt he's going to do any of that though.

Papa Voo



Joined: Thu Jan 17th, 2008
Location: Right Outside The Burgh, USA
Posts: 9688
Status: 
Offline
Yeah, I think the Establishment Dems and their influence are definitely decreasing. They are in a tailspin now, but not completely taken out of the picture. I think their is a faction of voters out there that are carved out as people who could support Trump or the new more liberal Left. I think these people are more like Populists.  Populism is the driving force behind many voters. 

Last edited on Wed Jun 19th, 2019 09:11 pm by Papa Voo

dr_papufnik

 

Joined: Tue Jul 28th, 2009
Location:  
Posts: 250
Status: 
Offline
So the media says Trump speeches and rallies are like those of Hitler's.  Employ pundits that equate Trump supporters with literal Nazis. 
Then the same media fund polls asking people if they're Trump supporters and are baffled many lie to them.

Franchise
Low key big hog


Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Cincy, Ohio
Posts: 4551
Status: 
Online
I would be shocked if trump didn’t win; not because I’m a fan (I’m not anti either) but because I don’t see anyone else on the eventual ticket being a real threat.


The Democratic Party seems very splintered.

Heenan Fan
Mr Monday Night!


Joined: Wed Oct 19th, 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 3675
Status: 
Offline
I'm a proud Independent. I'm too poor to be a Republican and too intelligent to be a Democrat.


That being said, the extreme left wing radical racist nuttiness of the physcho Dems will probably get President Trump a second term, and rightfully so.

martini
Sunny's White Knight


Joined: Fri Aug 13th, 2010
Location:  
Posts: 4013
Status: 
Offline
Trump tore down every established candidate on both sides last election. Don't doubt his machine.

Papa Voo



Joined: Thu Jan 17th, 2008
Location: Right Outside The Burgh, USA
Posts: 9688
Status: 
Offline
Trump is vulnerable, but it has to be the correct candidate to take him on. I still think Buttigieg may be the guy.

beejmi
THE BIG KAHUNA


Joined: Sat Oct 13th, 2007
Location: Philly
Posts: 43398
Status: 
Offline
Ultimark wrote: Way too early. When it comes to a one on one, then we will see what happens. If the election was held today, I really think Trump would win.

100% agree. Although Biden vs Trump could be close in my opinion

srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 52779
Status: 
Offline
It's going to come down to voter turnout.  Trump's popularity has shrunk since 2016, and a lot of the voters that just said "fuck it" and threw him an anti-Hillary vote still have shitty lives and won't vote for anyone this time.  But his base is incredibly strong and every single one of them will vote.  Can the Dem candidate get that kind of passion to ensure a strong turnout for them?  Are they even trying to get that?  Because I'll tell you right now, if the strategy is, "People who hate Trump will vote for us no matter who's running" they're going to be sorely disappointed...again.  People will just stay home, and Trump will win. 

Last edited on Thu Jun 20th, 2019 01:25 pm by srossi

nyhack56

 

Joined: Wed May 15th, 2019
Location:  
Posts: 136
Status: 
Offline
Heenan Fan wrote: I'm a proud Independent. I'm too poor to be a Republican and too intelligent to be a Democrat.


That being said, the extreme left wing radical racist nuttiness of the physcho Dems will probably get President Trump a second term, and rightfully so.

I don't know if I totally agree with that.  We ran a centrist last time.  She lost.  We'll end up running one this time, and if history repeats itself because the Dems would rather preserve what they have and not rock the boat, they'll lose again.
The "extreme" left is a populist movement, much the way Trump portrayed himself in 2016.  That message gets through to more people than "stay the course".

Papa Voo



Joined: Thu Jan 17th, 2008
Location: Right Outside The Burgh, USA
Posts: 9688
Status: 
Offline
nyhack56 wrote: Heenan Fan wrote: I'm a proud Independent. I'm too poor to be a Republican and too intelligent to be a Democrat.


That being said, the extreme left wing radical racist nuttiness of the physcho Dems will probably get President Trump a second term, and rightfully so.

I don't know if I totally agree with that.  We ran a centrist last time.  She lost.  We'll end up running one this time, and if history repeats itself because the Dems would rather preserve what they have and not rock the boat, they'll lose again.
The "extreme" left is a populist movement, much the way Trump portrayed himself in 2016.  That message gets through to more people than "stay the course".



I think you are correct, but it still needs to be a more controlled Left populist candidate.  Right now, due to the GOP PR machine (not Trump’s machine), AOC would be a horrible mistake as a presidential candidate at this time.  The Dems/Left cannot put up a fringe liberal and populist at the same time.  Two different spectrums and platforms. Pushing both would be a disaster similar to 1984.  


Last edited on Thu Jun 20th, 2019 09:31 pm by Papa Voo

Papa Voo



Joined: Thu Jan 17th, 2008
Location: Right Outside The Burgh, USA
Posts: 9688
Status: 
Offline
beejmi wrote: Ultimark wrote: Way too early. When it comes to a one on one, then we will see what happens. If the election was held today, I really think Trump would win.

100% agree. Although Biden vs Trump could be close in my opinion


I think Trump beats him soundly. 

srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 52779
Status: 
Offline
Papa Voo wrote: beejmi wrote: Ultimark wrote: Way too early. When it comes to a one on one, then we will see what happens. If the election was held today, I really think Trump would win.

100% agree. Although Biden vs Trump could be close in my opinion


I think Trump beats him soundly. 

If Biden survives that long (doubtful), there won't be much left of him for Trump to teat apart.  Yesterday Rolling Stone posted an article with the hilariously inflammatory headline "Why Did Joe Biden Praise a Segregationist?" 

If you actually click on the article, all he said was this about former Mississippi Senator James Eastman, "At least there was some civility. We didn’t agree on much of anything. We got things done. We got it finished. Today you look at the other side and you’re the enemy. Not the opposition, the enemy. We don’t talk to each other anymore.”

Did you find the praise in that? 

Cory Booker immediately called for an apology.  This is where we're at.  The fake news liberal machine is taking out everyone, even those that can probably best serve its own agenda.  There is no hope for Dems. 

BlueThunder



Joined: Mon Jun 6th, 2011
Location:  
Posts: 2230
Status: 
Offline
srossi wrote: Papa Voo wrote: beejmi wrote: Ultimark wrote: Way too early. When it comes to a one on one, then we will see what happens. If the election was held today, I really think Trump would win.

100% agree. Although Biden vs Trump could be close in my opinion


I think Trump beats him soundly. 

If Biden survives that long (doubtful), there won't be much left of him for Trump to teat apart.  Yesterday Rolling Stone posted an article with the hilariously inflammatory headline "Why Did Joe Biden Praise a Segregationist?" 

If you actually click on the article, all he said was this about former Mississippi Senator James Eastman, "At least there was some civility. We didn’t agree on much of anything. We got things done. We got it finished. Today you look at the other side and you’re the enemy. Not the opposition, the enemy. We don’t talk to each other anymore.”

Did you find the praise in that? 

Cory Booker immediately called for an apology.  This is where we're at.  The fake news liberal machine is taking out everyone, even those that can probably best serve its own agenda.  There is no hope for Dems. 

This was nothing short of stupid gotcha. Biden is not a racist, but the left needs ammo desperately. We will see more and more of this. Wait till they get some of his quotes on desegregating schools. 
As already mentioned here, Biden has aged quickly. When he was campaigning in 08 and 12, he was full of energy and zeal. Today, he looks rather lethargic and not too enthused.

nyhack56

 

Joined: Wed May 15th, 2019
Location:  
Posts: 136
Status: 
Offline
srossi wrote: Papa Voo wrote: beejmi wrote: Ultimark wrote: Way too early. When it comes to a one on one, then we will see what happens. If the election was held today, I really think Trump would win.

100% agree. Although Biden vs Trump could be close in my opinion


I think Trump beats him soundly. 

If Biden survives that long (doubtful), there won't be much left of him for Trump to teat apart.  Yesterday Rolling Stone posted an article with the hilariously inflammatory headline "Why Did Joe Biden Praise a Segregationist?" 

If you actually click on the article, all he said was this about former Mississippi Senator James Eastman, "At least there was some civility. We didn’t agree on much of anything. We got things done. We got it finished. Today you look at the other side and you’re the enemy. Not the opposition, the enemy. We don’t talk to each other anymore.”

Did you find the praise in that? 

Cory Booker immediately called for an apology.  This is where we're at.  The fake news liberal machine is taking out everyone, even those that can probably best serve its own agenda.  There is no hope for Dems. 
Biden also said  of Eastland "He never called me boy.  He always called me son."  Pretty fucking tone in today's world. 

broke



Joined: Tue Jan 22nd, 2008
Location: Bolton, ON
Posts: 3221
Status: 
Offline
Dems can't help but eat their own.

freebirdsforever2001
Fantasia is running wild!


Joined: Tue Jul 8th, 2008
Location: Pittsgrove, New Jersey USA
Posts: 20758
Status: 
Offline
Heenan Fan wrote: I'm a proud Independent. I'm too poor to be a Republican and too intelligent to be a Democrat.


That being said, the extreme left wing radical racist nuttiness of the physcho Dems will probably get President Trump a second term, and rightfully so.

Independent as well, but my reasons are because neither party is any good and the party system has screwed up this country so bad that it is not funny. It won't get better until that happens.

Papa Voo



Joined: Thu Jan 17th, 2008
Location: Right Outside The Burgh, USA
Posts: 9688
Status: 
Offline
freebirdsforever2001 wrote: Heenan Fan wrote: I'm a proud Independent. I'm too poor to be a Republican and too intelligent to be a Democrat.


That being said, the extreme left wing radical racist nuttiness of the physcho Dems will probably get President Trump a second term, and rightfully so.

Independent as well, but my reasons are because neither party is any good and the party system has screwed up this country so bad that it is not funny. It won't get better until that happens.


 Very true.

srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 52779
Status: 
Offline
nyhack56 wrote: srossi wrote: Papa Voo wrote: beejmi wrote: Ultimark wrote: Way too early. When it comes to a one on one, then we will see what happens. If the election was held today, I really think Trump would win.

100% agree. Although Biden vs Trump could be close in my opinion


I think Trump beats him soundly. 

If Biden survives that long (doubtful), there won't be much left of him for Trump to teat apart.  Yesterday Rolling Stone posted an article with the hilariously inflammatory headline "Why Did Joe Biden Praise a Segregationist?" 

If you actually click on the article, all he said was this about former Mississippi Senator James Eastman, "At least there was some civility. We didn’t agree on much of anything. We got things done. We got it finished. Today you look at the other side and you’re the enemy. Not the opposition, the enemy. We don’t talk to each other anymore.”

Did you find the praise in that? 

Cory Booker immediately called for an apology.  This is where we're at.  The fake news liberal machine is taking out everyone, even those that can probably best serve its own agenda.  There is no hope for Dems. 
Biden also said  of Eastland "He never called me boy.  He always called me son."  Pretty fucking tone in today's world. 

We all know Biden is tone deaf.  That's what happens with old people.  Just a few weeks ago Biden got in trouble for hugging a 12-year old girl and telling her she looked pretty.  That's what old people do.  The woke crowd made him out to be a pedophile, and the Republicans gleefully piled on.  What the fuck is the point of all these senseless takedowns over nothing?  Don't get me wrong, Biden is awful, but not for any of these reasons.

wittman2

 

Joined: Mon Feb 18th, 2008
Location:  
Posts: 754
Status: 
Offline
Wonder if a Biden/Kamala Harris ticket would work... you'd have minorities, old white men, all on one ticket.

srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 52779
Status: 
Offline
wittman2 wrote: Wonder if a Biden/Kamala Harris ticket would work... you'd have minorities, old white men, all on one ticket.
With Democrats like those, who needs Republicans?  That ticket would be considered far right in any year in which Trump isn't the opposition.

Last edited on Fri Jun 21st, 2019 07:02 pm by srossi

Papa Voo



Joined: Thu Jan 17th, 2008
Location: Right Outside The Burgh, USA
Posts: 9688
Status: 
Offline
wittman2 wrote: Wonder if a Biden/Kamala Harris ticket would work... you'd have minorities, old white men, all on one ticket.

Nope.  I think Trump beats this ticket 

freebirdsforever2001
Fantasia is running wild!


Joined: Tue Jul 8th, 2008
Location: Pittsgrove, New Jersey USA
Posts: 20758
Status: 
Offline
Oprah vs. Trump in a Texas Death Match for 2020.

freebirdsforever2001
Fantasia is running wild!


Joined: Tue Jul 8th, 2008
Location: Pittsgrove, New Jersey USA
Posts: 20758
Status: 
Offline
Papa Voo wrote: freebirdsforever2001 wrote: Heenan Fan wrote: I'm a proud Independent. I'm too poor to be a Republican and too intelligent to be a Democrat.


That being said, the extreme left wing radical racist nuttiness of the physcho Dems will probably get President Trump a second term, and rightfully so.

Independent as well, but my reasons are because neither party is any good and the party system has screwed up this country so bad that it is not funny. It won't get better until that happens.


 Very true.

The party system is outdated and needs to be abolished. 

gwlee7
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Lewisville, Texas USA
Posts: 5414
Status: 
Online
I wish candidates had to run without mentioning anyone else. Only what they have done or their vision for the future. I am tired of “voting against”. I want to vote for someone. The moment you or any SuperPac says one negative thing about the opposition, they should have to withdraw. Fuck this “I don’t suck as much as so and so” noise.

Big Garea Fan

 

Joined: Wed Mar 4th, 2009
Location:  
Posts: 2887
Status: 
Offline
I gotta agree with Eric Bischoff about polls. They are designed to divide us and to get us all emotional and to stop thinking. He gave an excellent TED talk on it:


Last edited on Sun Jun 23rd, 2019 06:56 pm by Big Garea Fan

srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 52779
Status: 
Offline
Why is Eric Bischoff giving TED Talks on politics and who is listening to them?

Heenan Fan
Mr Monday Night!


Joined: Wed Oct 19th, 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 3675
Status: 
Offline
freebirdsforever2001 wrote: Papa Voo wrote: freebirdsforever2001 wrote: Heenan Fan wrote: I'm a proud Independent. I'm too poor to be a Republican and too intelligent to be a Democrat.


That being said, the extreme left wing radical racist nuttiness of the physcho Dems will probably get President Trump a second term, and rightfully so.

Independent as well, but my reasons are because neither party is any good and the party system has screwed up this country so bad that it is not funny. It won't get better until that happens.


 Very true.

The party system is outdated and needs to be abolished. 
I couldn't agree more. The system has been outdated for at least 50 years. We judge and go to war with communist dictatorship countries. We get one more choice. Meaning we get to vote for (only) 1 of 2 people. The electoral college has got to go or at least updated. It's ridiculous to think people only vote for their leader simply because they have an R or a D next to their name. Of course, what does it matter anyway? We all know the special interest groups run this country with their threats and unlimited $$$. All Presidents are basically the same.

nyhack56

 

Joined: Wed May 15th, 2019
Location:  
Posts: 136
Status: 
Offline
srossi wrote: nyhack56 wrote: srossi wrote: Papa Voo wrote: beejmi wrote: Ultimark wrote: Way too early. When it comes to a one on one, then we will see what happens. If the election was held today, I really think Trump would win.

100% agree. Although Biden vs Trump could be close in my opinion


I think Trump beats him soundly. 

If Biden survives that long (doubtful), there won't be much left of him for Trump to teat apart.  Yesterday Rolling Stone posted an article with the hilariously inflammatory headline "Why Did Joe Biden Praise a Segregationist?" 

If you actually click on the article, all he said was this about former Mississippi Senator James Eastman, "At least there was some civility. We didn’t agree on much of anything. We got things done. We got it finished. Today you look at the other side and you’re the enemy. Not the opposition, the enemy. We don’t talk to each other anymore.”

Did you find the praise in that? 

Cory Booker immediately called for an apology.  This is where we're at.  The fake news liberal machine is taking out everyone, even those that can probably best serve its own agenda.  There is no hope for Dems. 
Biden also said  of Eastland "He never called me boy.  He always called me son."  Pretty fucking tone in today's world. 

We all know Biden is tone deaf.  That's what happens with old people.  Just a few weeks ago Biden got in trouble for hugging a 12-year old girl and telling her she looked pretty.  That's what old people do.  The woke crowd made him out to be a pedophile, and the Republicans gleefully piled on.  What the fuck is the point of all these senseless takedowns over nothing?  Don't get me wrong, Biden is awful, but not for any of these reasons.

It's is phoniness.  It's Hillary-level shit.  He says something, and then it takes one person to look at his history on that subject to expose it.  You expect me to believe he's "evolved" on literally every one of his policy points?  I don't hate Biden personally, like you said he's an old man with "old man" tendencies, I hate his past record and how he's all "Look, I've changed my mind on everything!"
At least with other politicians they own their shit.

Last edited on Wed Jun 26th, 2019 01:51 pm by nyhack56

srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 52779
Status: 
Offline
nyhack56 wrote: srossi wrote: nyhack56 wrote: srossi wrote: Papa Voo wrote: beejmi wrote: Ultimark wrote: Way too early. When it comes to a one on one, then we will see what happens. If the election was held today, I really think Trump would win.

100% agree. Although Biden vs Trump could be close in my opinion


I think Trump beats him soundly. 

If Biden survives that long (doubtful), there won't be much left of him for Trump to teat apart.  Yesterday Rolling Stone posted an article with the hilariously inflammatory headline "Why Did Joe Biden Praise a Segregationist?" 

If you actually click on the article, all he said was this about former Mississippi Senator James Eastman, "At least there was some civility. We didn’t agree on much of anything. We got things done. We got it finished. Today you look at the other side and you’re the enemy. Not the opposition, the enemy. We don’t talk to each other anymore.”

Did you find the praise in that? 

Cory Booker immediately called for an apology.  This is where we're at.  The fake news liberal machine is taking out everyone, even those that can probably best serve its own agenda.  There is no hope for Dems. 
Biden also said  of Eastland "He never called me boy.  He always called me son."  Pretty fucking tone in today's world. 

We all know Biden is tone deaf.  That's what happens with old people.  Just a few weeks ago Biden got in trouble for hugging a 12-year old girl and telling her she looked pretty.  That's what old people do.  The woke crowd made him out to be a pedophile, and the Republicans gleefully piled on.  What the fuck is the point of all these senseless takedowns over nothing?  Don't get me wrong, Biden is awful, but not for any of these reasons.

It's is phoniness.  It's Hillary-level shit.  He says something, and then it takes one person to look at his history on that subject to expose it.  You expect me to believe he's "evolved" on literally every one of his policy points?  I don't hate Biden, I hate his past record and how he's all "Look, I've changed my mind on everything!"
At least with other politicians they own their shit.

He's phony and Booker is just as phony for calling him out on this strictly because he is running against him and way behind in the polls.  If Booker isn't running and it was already Trump vs. Biden, would Booker be making his guy look bad?  We know he wouldn't, from years of experience.  He just wants to be the nominee and step over the guy ahead of him.  Welcome to politics.  It's all phony.

nyhack56

 

Joined: Wed May 15th, 2019
Location:  
Posts: 136
Status: 
Offline
srossi wrote: nyhack56 wrote: srossi wrote: nyhack56 wrote: srossi wrote: Papa Voo wrote: beejmi wrote: Ultimark wrote: Way too early. When it comes to a one on one, then we will see what happens. If the election was held today, I really think Trump would win.

100% agree. Although Biden vs Trump could be close in my opinion


I think Trump beats him soundly. 

If Biden survives that long (doubtful), there won't be much left of him for Trump to teat apart.  Yesterday Rolling Stone posted an article with the hilariously inflammatory headline "Why Did Joe Biden Praise a Segregationist?" 

If you actually click on the article, all he said was this about former Mississippi Senator James Eastman, "At least there was some civility. We didn’t agree on much of anything. We got things done. We got it finished. Today you look at the other side and you’re the enemy. Not the opposition, the enemy. We don’t talk to each other anymore.”

Did you find the praise in that? 

Cory Booker immediately called for an apology.  This is where we're at.  The fake news liberal machine is taking out everyone, even those that can probably best serve its own agenda.  There is no hope for Dems. 
Biden also said  of Eastland "He never called me boy.  He always called me son."  Pretty fucking tone in today's world. 

We all know Biden is tone deaf.  That's what happens with old people.  Just a few weeks ago Biden got in trouble for hugging a 12-year old girl and telling her she looked pretty.  That's what old people do.  The woke crowd made him out to be a pedophile, and the Republicans gleefully piled on.  What the fuck is the point of all these senseless takedowns over nothing?  Don't get me wrong, Biden is awful, but not for any of these reasons.

It's is phoniness.  It's Hillary-level shit.  He says something, and then it takes one person to look at his history on that subject to expose it.  You expect me to believe he's "evolved" on literally every one of his policy points?  I don't hate Biden, I hate his past record and how he's all "Look, I've changed my mind on everything!"
At least with other politicians they own their shit.

He's phony and Booker is just as phony for calling him out on this strictly because he is running against him and way behind in the polls.  If Booker isn't running and it was already Trump vs. Biden, would Booker be making his guy look bad?  We know he wouldn't, from years of experience.  He just wants to be the nominee and step over the guy ahead of him.  Welcome to politics.  It's all phony.

I get it, but, Biden just has that Hillary-like quality to him that makes him seem fake.  Like a fucking Manchurian candidate.

Last edited on Wed Jun 26th, 2019 01:55 pm by nyhack56

srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 52779
Status: 
Offline
nyhack56 wrote: srossi wrote: nyhack56 wrote: srossi wrote: nyhack56 wrote: srossi wrote: Papa Voo wrote: beejmi wrote: Ultimark wrote: Way too early. When it comes to a one on one, then we will see what happens. If the election was held today, I really think Trump would win.

100% agree. Although Biden vs Trump could be close in my opinion


I think Trump beats him soundly. 

If Biden survives that long (doubtful), there won't be much left of him for Trump to teat apart.  Yesterday Rolling Stone posted an article with the hilariously inflammatory headline "Why Did Joe Biden Praise a Segregationist?" 

If you actually click on the article, all he said was this about former Mississippi Senator James Eastman, "At least there was some civility. We didn’t agree on much of anything. We got things done. We got it finished. Today you look at the other side and you’re the enemy. Not the opposition, the enemy. We don’t talk to each other anymore.”

Did you find the praise in that? 

Cory Booker immediately called for an apology.  This is where we're at.  The fake news liberal machine is taking out everyone, even those that can probably best serve its own agenda.  There is no hope for Dems. 
Biden also said  of Eastland "He never called me boy.  He always called me son."  Pretty fucking tone in today's world. 

We all know Biden is tone deaf.  That's what happens with old people.  Just a few weeks ago Biden got in trouble for hugging a 12-year old girl and telling her she looked pretty.  That's what old people do.  The woke crowd made him out to be a pedophile, and the Republicans gleefully piled on.  What the fuck is the point of all these senseless takedowns over nothing?  Don't get me wrong, Biden is awful, but not for any of these reasons.

It's is phoniness.  It's Hillary-level shit.  He says something, and then it takes one person to look at his history on that subject to expose it.  You expect me to believe he's "evolved" on literally every one of his policy points?  I don't hate Biden, I hate his past record and how he's all "Look, I've changed my mind on everything!"
At least with other politicians they own their shit.

He's phony and Booker is just as phony for calling him out on this strictly because he is running against him and way behind in the polls.  If Booker isn't running and it was already Trump vs. Biden, would Booker be making his guy look bad?  We know he wouldn't, from years of experience.  He just wants to be the nominee and step over the guy ahead of him.  Welcome to politics.  It's all phony.

I get it, but, Biden just has that Hillary-like quality to him that makes him seem fake.  Like a fucking Manchurian candidate.

Biden is fucking awful, and his old stances would be considered far right today.  There's no doubt about that.  Bill Clinton would be considered pretty far right today.  Thus, everyone needs to "evolve" to pander to an increasingly extreme voter base.  Given that, the fact that Kamala Harris is even taken seriously as a candidate despite being to the right of Trump in practice if not in speech, is mind-boggling.  But she's a black woman, so that pretty much sums her up.   

nyhack56

 

Joined: Wed May 15th, 2019
Location:  
Posts: 136
Status: 
Offline
srossi wrote: nyhack56 wrote: srossi wrote: nyhack56 wrote: srossi wrote: nyhack56 wrote: srossi wrote: Papa Voo wrote: beejmi wrote: Ultimark wrote: Way too early. When it comes to a one on one, then we will see what happens. If the election was held today, I really think Trump would win.

100% agree. Although Biden vs Trump could be close in my opinion


I think Trump beats him soundly. 

If Biden survives that long (doubtful), there won't be much left of him for Trump to teat apart.  Yesterday Rolling Stone posted an article with the hilariously inflammatory headline "Why Did Joe Biden Praise a Segregationist?" 

If you actually click on the article, all he said was this about former Mississippi Senator James Eastman, "At least there was some civility. We didn’t agree on much of anything. We got things done. We got it finished. Today you look at the other side and you’re the enemy. Not the opposition, the enemy. We don’t talk to each other anymore.”

Did you find the praise in that? 

Cory Booker immediately called for an apology.  This is where we're at.  The fake news liberal machine is taking out everyone, even those that can probably best serve its own agenda.  There is no hope for Dems. 
Biden also said  of Eastland "He never called me boy.  He always called me son."  Pretty fucking tone in today's world. 

We all know Biden is tone deaf.  That's what happens with old people.  Just a few weeks ago Biden got in trouble for hugging a 12-year old girl and telling her she looked pretty.  That's what old people do.  The woke crowd made him out to be a pedophile, and the Republicans gleefully piled on.  What the fuck is the point of all these senseless takedowns over nothing?  Don't get me wrong, Biden is awful, but not for any of these reasons.

It's is phoniness.  It's Hillary-level shit.  He says something, and then it takes one person to look at his history on that subject to expose it.  You expect me to believe he's "evolved" on literally every one of his policy points?  I don't hate Biden, I hate his past record and how he's all "Look, I've changed my mind on everything!"
At least with other politicians they own their shit.

He's phony and Booker is just as phony for calling him out on this strictly because he is running against him and way behind in the polls.  If Booker isn't running and it was already Trump vs. Biden, would Booker be making his guy look bad?  We know he wouldn't, from years of experience.  He just wants to be the nominee and step over the guy ahead of him.  Welcome to politics.  It's all phony.

I get it, but, Biden just has that Hillary-like quality to him that makes him seem fake.  Like a fucking Manchurian candidate.

Biden is fucking awful, and his old stances would be considered far right today.  There's no doubt about that.  Bill Clinton would be considered pretty far right today.  Thus, everyone needs to "evolve" to pander to an increasingly extreme voter base.  Given that, the fact that Kamala Harris is even taken seriously as a candidate despite being to the right of Trump in practice if not in speech, is mind-boggling.  But she's a black woman, so that pretty much sums her up.   

Too many phony Dems.  I feel like they pander much more than the Reps do, the Reps are just out of touch.
That's what made Trump successful.  He pandered to the right as a pseudo-populist and made his competition look foolish in comparison.
By and large, people are idiots too.  No one takes civics seriously.  Everyone gets their biased news spoon fed to them by Fox or CNN.  If critical thinking was an Olympic event, we'd never even qualify.

srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 52779
Status: 
Offline
Biden's done. Getting hammered for his debate performance on all sides, sinking support, and now this morning a video is going viral of him saying, "I like Dick Cheney, for real. I think he is a decent man." I get he wants to be the coalition candidate, but my God this strategy is even worse than Hillary's. Just awful, and he's getting pounded even harder than Jeb Bush did in the early going. I don't even know if this guy can make it to the first primary at this rate.

Arnold_OldSchool

 

Joined: Wed Sep 28th, 2011
Location:  
Posts: 1089
Status: 
Offline
https://twitter.com/littledeekay/status/1153694844352643074

KGB

 

Joined: Wed Jul 4th, 2012
Location:  
Posts: 1575
Status: 
Offline
They don't even know that the whole "OK sign is actually a secret white power gang symbol!" was a 4chan joke that was bought hook, line, and sinker.

srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 52779
Status: 
Offline
KGB wrote: They don't even know that the whole "OK sign is actually a secret white power gang symbol!" was a 4chan joke that was bought hook, line, and sinker.
I wasn't sure where that came from but one day it was just magically a white power thing and everyone acted like this was common knowledge for decades.  It was very 1984-ish: "Oceania has always been at war with Eastasia."  To think that all the black kids I grew up with who would punch you after you looked at their OK sign were actually white supremicists. 

Last edited on Wed Jul 24th, 2019 05:29 pm by srossi

Franchise
Low key big hog


Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Cincy, Ohio
Posts: 4551
Status: 
Online
That twitter thread hurt my mind, people are so angry and so sure about everything.

Ultimark



Joined: Sun Oct 28th, 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 6995
Status: 
Offline
The only thing I am confident in at the moment is that Biden will not wind up being the nominee. It is clear that side is looking for something very different from him,.

srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 52779
Status: 
Offline
Ultimark wrote: The only thing I am confident in at the moment is that Biden will not wind up being the nominee. It is clear that side is looking for something very different from him,.
Anyone but Kamala Harris.  She's the worst, far worse than Biden, Trump, Hillary, or the lot of them.  It astounds me that she's a front-runner.

Last edited on Thu Jul 25th, 2019 06:12 pm by srossi

Ultimark



Joined: Sun Oct 28th, 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 6995
Status: 
Offline
srossi wrote: Ultimark wrote: The only thing I am confident in at the moment is that Biden will not wind up being the nominee. It is clear that side is looking for something very different from him,.
Anyone but Kamala Harris.  She's the worst, far worse than Biden, Trump, Hillary, or the lot of them.  It astounds me that she's a front-runner.
That is one reason why I think Trump will win again and I am hardly a Trumper.  It is that the candidates on the other side look like losers to me for various reasons. 

wittman2

 

Joined: Mon Feb 18th, 2008
Location:  
Posts: 754
Status: 
Offline
srossi wrote: Ultimark wrote: The only thing I am confident in at the moment is that Biden will not wind up being the nominee. It is clear that side is looking for something very different from him,.
Anyone but Kamala Harris.  She's the worst, far worse than Biden, Trump, Hillary, or the lot of them.  It astounds me that she's a front-runner.

Just curious why you think that? I don't disagree, but I'm curious as to your opinion

Benlen



Joined: Sun Oct 21st, 2007
Location: Milpitas, California USA
Posts: 13674
Status: 
Offline
srossi wrote:  But she's a black woman, so that pretty much sums her up.   I think she is half Indian and half Jamaican.I think Harris would kill Trump in a debate. She is a lawyer and her job is basically to win debates in  court isn't it?
Love calling The Donald the Nazi President and Pence the Gestapo man. Pisses the hell outta some of my co workers. They think its gonna be Trump vs Biden and seem confident Trump will win. I tend to agree. If its Harris I think she can pull it off. BUT I am from California and so is she which may be the reason for my bias towards her.

Papa Voo



Joined: Thu Jan 17th, 2008
Location: Right Outside The Burgh, USA
Posts: 9688
Status: 
Offline
wittman2 wrote: srossi wrote: Ultimark wrote: The only thing I am confident in at the moment is that Biden will not wind up being the nominee. It is clear that side is looking for something very different from him,.
Anyone but Kamala Harris.  She's the worst, far worse than Biden, Trump, Hillary, or the lot of them.  It astounds me that she's a front-runner.

Just curious why you think that? I don't disagree, but I'm curious as to your opinion


I do not care for her, but I find Biden much worse.   

Curious as to why Harris is worse than Biden. 

Last edited on Mon Jul 29th, 2019 10:10 pm by Papa Voo

Arnold_OldSchool

 

Joined: Wed Sep 28th, 2011
Location:  
Posts: 1089
Status: 
Offline
The media wants the Dem race to tighten so they have something to discuss, but Kamala dropped 8 points for reasons I am oblivious to and Biden has a big lead.

Between the racism stuff and the 9/11 "gaffes", I am further convinced the RNC convention is going to end with Trump pulling off his mask and revealing Andy Kaufman.

srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 52779
Status: 
Offline
wittman2 wrote: srossi wrote: Ultimark wrote: The only thing I am confident in at the moment is that Biden will not wind up being the nominee. It is clear that side is looking for something very different from him,.
Anyone but Kamala Harris.  She's the worst, far worse than Biden, Trump, Hillary, or the lot of them.  It astounds me that she's a front-runner.

Just curious why you think that? I don't disagree, but I'm curious as to your opinion

Her record as a prosecutor is frightening, and when coupled with a progressive rhetoric that she has absolutely never lived by, it's even worse.  She's going to say all the right things and do all the wrong things, and the Dems won't call out one of their own on it.  She is even more law-and-order, obey the police, war on drugs, mandatory minimum sentences, lock 'em all up and sort it out later, etc. than Trump.  Only she really believes it and has been in positions of power for decades to really screw people over, while Trump is just playing to his base.  She is incredibly dangerous and will roll back bipartisan advances made on criminal justice reform and send us back to the dark ages.  And again, the worst part is that as a black female Democrat, no one will speak up about it.  See Obama, Barrack and the drone strikes that Democrats refused to call him out on.  The anti-war left disappeared for 8 years with him, now the criminal justice reform left will disappear under Harris.  It will be horrible.

Last edited on Wed Jul 31st, 2019 03:13 pm by srossi



UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems