WowBB Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Pro Wrestling > All Elite Wrestling Discussion (Megathread)

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi Page:  First Page Previous Page  ...  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
All Elite Wrestling Discussion (Megathread)  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: Fri Mar 20th, 2020 02:05 pm
  PM Quote Reply
646th Post
Kriss
Citizen of nowhere


Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 7593
Status: 
Online
carpetbeggar wrote: Heenan Fan wrote: Ratings from Wednesday night:

AEW: 932,000

NXT: 542,000

Interesting, so AEW didn't increase any and NXT lost a couple hundred thousand. What's the WOR spin on this?

Meltzer has said over the past few weeks that the younger AEW viewership watch the news and political debates more than the older WWE/NXT fans, and also are less concerned with watching AEW live over DVR or on-demand streaming.



____________________
“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” ― Mark Twain
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Fri Mar 20th, 2020 02:09 pm
  PM Quote Reply
647th Post
carpetbeggar
The Ayatollah Of Rock And Rolla


Joined: Sun Oct 21st, 2007
Location: Dangling From A Rope Of...CONFETTI!!!
Posts: 12102
Status: 
Offline
carpetbeggar wrote: Heenan Fan wrote: Ratings from Wednesday night:

AEW: 932,000

NXT: 542,000

Interesting, so it's the same people million and a half watching again this week.


I've seen a lot of sites going with the narrative that AEW CRUSHES NXT this week. It's the same people million and a half watching both shows week after week. Weren't the wrestling shows supposed to be getting more viewers now that there wasn't any sports on?
There is no Wednesday night war. It's a narrative pushed by the dirt sheets to sell more subs. Bring in some new eyeballs. That's the real war.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Fri Mar 20th, 2020 02:13 pm
  PM Quote Reply
648th Post
carpetbeggar
The Ayatollah Of Rock And Rolla


Joined: Sun Oct 21st, 2007
Location: Dangling From A Rope Of...CONFETTI!!!
Posts: 12102
Status: 
Offline
Kriss wrote: carpetbeggar wrote: Heenan Fan wrote: Ratings from Wednesday night:

AEW: 932,000

NXT: 542,000

Interesting, so AEW didn't increase any and NXT lost a couple hundred thousand. What's the WOR spin on this?

Meltzer has said over the past few weeks that the younger AEW viewership watch the news and political debates more than the older WWE/NXT fans, and also are less concerned with watching AEW live over DVR or on-demand streaming.


Dear lord. Meltzer is a straight up special needs case. I've never seen a guy try and come up with so many excuses. I get it, we all want AEW to succeed, but shouldn't the actual "journalists" be a bit more non-biased?

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Fri Mar 20th, 2020 05:34 pm
  PM Quote Reply
649th Post
Married Jo



Joined: Fri Dec 21st, 2007
Location: Hickory NC
Posts: 6919
Status: 
Offline
Meltzer is a tard. And while these days ALMOST 1 million viewers for something isn't actually that bad at all, it DOES have to be concerning for AEW that mo matter what they do they can't actually crack 1 million live viewers..



____________________
Well, Im of the opinion that one wouldnt actually have to eat the corn out of Chynas shit to know that nothing good could come of it. - Portalesman
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Fri Mar 20th, 2020 07:35 pm
  PM Quote Reply
650th Post
freebirdsforever2019



Joined: Sat Nov 23rd, 2019
Location:  
Posts: 227
Status: 
Offline
carpetbeggar wrote: Kriss wrote: carpetbeggar wrote: Heenan Fan wrote: Ratings from Wednesday night:

AEW: 932,000

NXT: 542,000

Interesting, so AEW didn't increase any and NXT lost a couple hundred thousand. What's the WOR spin on this?

Meltzer has said over the past few weeks that the younger AEW viewership watch the news and political debates more than the older WWE/NXT fans, and also are less concerned with watching AEW live over DVR or on-demand streaming.


Dear lord. Meltzer is a straight up special needs case. I've never seen a guy try and come up with so many excuses. I get it, we all want AEW to succeed, but shouldn't the actual "journalists" be a bit more non-biased?

Hard to be biased when you're on the payroll.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sat Mar 21st, 2020 02:43 am
  PM Quote Reply
651st Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 51732
Status: 
Offline
‪The following message is from #AEW President & CEO Tony Khan...

Our goal every week with AEW Dynamite on TNT is to produce great shows for our fans, and I believe we do. We felt especially motivated to serve our audience this past Wednesday night given what the entire world is coping with, and hopefully we gave them a well-deserved escape during these trying times.

Everyone at AEW is very proud of what we delivered and humbled by the response and the kind words we’ve received from fans and partners throughout the world. Thank you!

We plan to continue answering that calling with live weekly shows every Wednesday night on TNT, but the time and circumstances aren’t right for the card we had planned next week for Blood and Guts.

That show will happen when the time is right, but what you can count on instead this coming Wednesday night is a great live episode of AEW Dynamite featuring Chris Jericho confronting Matt Hardy, face-to-face, one-on-one, for the first time ever and a tremendous night of wrestling action.

In the meantime, until AEW Dynamite this Wednesday night, please follow us via social media and please be safe and smart so we can get back to seeing you all on the road as soon as possible. Thank you for making this all possible for everyone here at AEW, it’s a dream come true to be able to do these shows for all of you.



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Mon Mar 23rd, 2020 10:04 pm
  PM Quote Reply
652nd Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 51732
Status: 
Offline
Tony Khan announced that AEW Dark will be a double episode this week with some struggling indy talents who lost bookings on the show. That’s a really cool thing for them to do.



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu Mar 26th, 2020 12:29 am
  PM Quote Reply
653rd Post
carpetbeggar
The Ayatollah Of Rock And Rolla


Joined: Sun Oct 21st, 2007
Location: Dangling From A Rope Of...CONFETTI!!!
Posts: 12102
Status: 
Offline
So it looks like JR and Excalibur got to stay home?



It's the first time I've seen that guy who wrestled Cody on 'Dynamite' in a long time. LOL I forgot his name and can't be bothered googling it.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu Mar 26th, 2020 02:42 am
  PM Quote Reply
654th Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 51732
Status: 
Offline
carpetbeggar wrote: It's the first time I've seen that guy who wrestled Cody on 'Dynamite' in a long time. LOL I forgot his name and can't be bothered googling it.
Jimmy Havoc



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu Mar 26th, 2020 04:22 am
  PM Quote Reply
655th Post
cookie32723



Joined: Thu Oct 18th, 2007
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 3085
Status: 
Offline
I’ve only seen the first half of the show but no guys standing and cheering ringside this week. That made all the difference last week and while AEW is still doing better than WWE at the crowd less shows, not having those 15-20 guys to show every so often took this weeks show down a notch. I’m guessing this was in effort to only send the essential guys to the show and not have any unnecessary travel, which is no fault of AEW given the current world conditions.



____________________
If data, science, and logic offends someone, then they probably need to be offended.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu Mar 26th, 2020 10:30 am
  PM Quote Reply
656th Post
Kriss
Citizen of nowhere


Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 7593
Status: 
Online
Is Brodie Lee channelling Vince McMahon with his new gimmick?



____________________
“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” ― Mark Twain
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu Mar 26th, 2020 11:10 am
  PM Quote Reply
657th Post
Ed Lock

 

Joined: Fri Jan 4th, 2013
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 206
Status: 
Offline
Kriss wrote: Is Brodie Lee channelling Vince McMahon with his new gimmick?
G'day Kriss
I believe that Vince loves good cow on his plate and hates people sneezing. ;)
Cheers mate!
Ed

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu Mar 26th, 2020 12:50 pm
  PM Quote Reply
658th Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 51732
Status: 
Offline
cookie32723 wrote: I’ve only seen the first half of the show but no guys standing and cheering ringside this week. That made all the difference last week and while AEW is still doing better than WWE at the crowd less shows, not having those 15-20 guys to show every so often took this weeks show down a notch. I’m guessing this was in effort to only send the essential guys to the show and not have any unnecessary travel, which is no fault of AEW given the current world conditions.
I barely noticed the empty arena again.  Maybe not quite as good as last week, but I thought they handled it great again.  WWE does too since they've copied some of the things AEW is doing, but the PC just doesn't come across as well even when they shift the hard cam away from the empty chairs.  AEW still seems like they're doing a normal show to me.



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu Mar 26th, 2020 01:32 pm
  PM Quote Reply
659th Post
cookie32723



Joined: Thu Oct 18th, 2007
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 3085
Status: 
Offline
srossi wrote: cookie32723 wrote: I’ve only seen the first half of the show but no guys standing and cheering ringside this week. That made all the difference last week and while AEW is still doing better than WWE at the crowd less shows, not having those 15-20 guys to show every so often took this weeks show down a notch. I’m guessing this was in effort to only send the essential guys to the show and not have any unnecessary travel, which is no fault of AEW given the current world conditions.
I barely noticed the empty arena again.  Maybe not quite as good as last week, but I thought they handled it great again.  WWE does too since they've copied some of the things AEW is doing, but the PC just doesn't come across as well even when they shift the hard cam away from the empty chairs.  AEW still seems like they're doing a normal show to me.

I think more than anything I enjoyed watching and listening to the heels boo the baby faces and bet on the matches as they cut to them during the matches, and of course Sammy singing along to Judas. 



____________________
If data, science, and logic offends someone, then they probably need to be offended.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Fri Mar 27th, 2020 12:40 am
  PM Quote Reply
660th Post
BuddyPSHayes



Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Anywhere I Damn Well Please
Posts: 3881
Status: 
Offline
carpetbeggar wrote: So it looks like JR and Excalibur got to stay home?



It's the first time I've seen that guy who wrestled Cody on 'Dynamite' in a long time. LOL I forgot his name and can't be bothered googling it.

JR is 68 and has other health issues, so I imagine he's being kept home as a precaution.



____________________


"The only area I can think of to avoid in Houston is Houston." - srossi
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Current time is 07:06 pm Page:  First Page Previous Page  ...  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  Next Page Last Page    
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Pro Wrestling > All Elite Wrestling Discussion (Megathread) Top




UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems