WowBB Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Pro Wrestling > All Elite Wrestling Discussion (Megathread)

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi Page:  First Page Previous Page  ...  78  79  80  81  82  83  84  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
All Elite Wrestling Discussion (Megathread)  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: Thu Apr 1st, 2021 05:39 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1231st Post
Kriss
Citizen of nowhere


Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 8865
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
cookie32723 wrote: With the Inner Circle coming back last night and brawling all over backstage with the Pinnacle, I think they’re setting up the War Games match probably for the May PPV, since they were already building towards one last year before the world shut down. With fans in attendance and War Games being a fun gimmick I wouldn’t be surprised to see them headline the next show with it. And Shawn Spears sucks and doesn’t belong in the Pinnacle so I’m hoping he’s the one who submits and they kick him out of the group afterwards.
Spears is the luckiest man in pro wrestling. He was in exactly the right place at exactly the right time to get signed. This is AEW's third attempt at getting him over. His one good run was when he was the "Perfect 10" in AEW, but that was just because the fans liked chanting "10." Anyone could have made that work, and most would have made more out of it. Maybe he saved Cody's life back in the day, who knows?



____________________
“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” ― Mark Twain
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu Apr 1st, 2021 05:50 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1232nd Post
Superstar
'18-'19 POTY, 1st Ballot HOFer


Joined: Thu Jan 31st, 2008
Location: Pee Pee Township, Ohio USA
Posts: 7039
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Kriss wrote: cookie32723 wrote: With the Inner Circle coming back last night and brawling all over backstage with the Pinnacle, I think they’re setting up the War Games match probably for the May PPV, since they were already building towards one last year before the world shut down. With fans in attendance and War Games being a fun gimmick I wouldn’t be surprised to see them headline the next show with it. And Shawn Spears sucks and doesn’t belong in the Pinnacle so I’m hoping he’s the one who submits and they kick him out of the group afterwards.
Spears is the luckiest man in pro wrestling. He wakes up every morning with his cock in one of Peyton Royce's open holes.
fixed



____________________
"Jack Brisco grabbed my testicles once but I told him "Brisco, you have exactly 15 minutes to get your hands off my balls"." -WongLee 7/22/2017
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu Apr 1st, 2021 06:10 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1233rd Post
Kriss
Citizen of nowhere


Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 8865
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Superstar wrote: Kriss wrote: cookie32723 wrote: With the Inner Circle coming back last night and brawling all over backstage with the Pinnacle, I think they’re setting up the War Games match probably for the May PPV, since they were already building towards one last year before the world shut down. With fans in attendance and War Games being a fun gimmick I wouldn’t be surprised to see them headline the next show with it. And Shawn Spears sucks and doesn’t belong in the Pinnacle so I’m hoping he’s the one who submits and they kick him out of the group afterwards.
Spears is the luckiest man in pro wrestling. He wakes up every morning with his cock in one of Peyton Royce's open holes.
fixed

You need to take a cold shower today, dude.



____________________
“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” ― Mark Twain
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu Apr 1st, 2021 06:51 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1234th Post
Superstar
'18-'19 POTY, 1st Ballot HOFer


Joined: Thu Jan 31st, 2008
Location: Pee Pee Township, Ohio USA
Posts: 7039
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Kriss wrote: Superstar wrote: Kriss wrote: cookie32723 wrote: With the Inner Circle coming back last night and brawling all over backstage with the Pinnacle, I think they’re setting up the War Games match probably for the May PPV, since they were already building towards one last year before the world shut down. With fans in attendance and War Games being a fun gimmick I wouldn’t be surprised to see them headline the next show with it. And Shawn Spears sucks and doesn’t belong in the Pinnacle so I’m hoping he’s the one who submits and they kick him out of the group afterwards.
Spears is the luckiest man in pro wrestling. He wakes up every morning with his cock in one of Peyton Royce's open holes.
fixed

You need to take a cold shower today, dude.
You tell me what's luckier - him being featured on AEW in a prominent spot, or him somehow getting Peyton Royce in bed and she decides to stick around for a few years as his wife?  I say the latter.  But with all of that said, I don't see why everybody hates the guy, he's not that bad.  What was bad was Tully trying to get him over by bequeathing him the black glove last year that nobody can remember for some reason.



____________________
"Jack Brisco grabbed my testicles once but I told him "Brisco, you have exactly 15 minutes to get your hands off my balls"." -WongLee 7/22/2017
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu Apr 1st, 2021 06:53 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1235th Post
krazykid18
The Prophet
 

Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 2193
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Debut a hot new group and 2 weeks later they get there asses handed to them ..would have liked the Pinnacle to at least look strong for a month... but it was a good backstage segment can't lie

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu Apr 1st, 2021 08:16 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1236th Post
Superstar
'18-'19 POTY, 1st Ballot HOFer


Joined: Thu Jan 31st, 2008
Location: Pee Pee Township, Ohio USA
Posts: 7039
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
krazykid18 wrote: Debut a hot new group and 2 weeks later they get there asses handed to them ..would have liked the Pinnacle to at least look strong for a month... but it was a good backstage segment can't lieThe Inner Circle needed to strike as soon as they could.  And they sold the beating they took, and the way they attacked was just awesome.  Sure, I know what you are saying, but if we are to believe that wins and losses count - and AEW is trying to make us believe that - all the beatdown does is make everybody want to see them when they finally get inside the ring.  I know people are saying War Games, but WWE owns the name.  The concept can be used for sure but if they start this off with War Games, it's a total waste.  War Games needs to be used to end a feud, not start one.
Also, I saw some guy who's name I don't know get powerbombed from inside the ring outside to a non-gimmicked stage.  And the dude bounced he hit so hard, looked like it was a really bad bump.  How Tony Khan can allow shit like that to happen is beyond me, the guy wasn't protected at all and if he just came down at the wrong angle, it could have paralyzed him.



____________________
"Jack Brisco grabbed my testicles once but I told him "Brisco, you have exactly 15 minutes to get your hands off my balls"." -WongLee 7/22/2017
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Fri Apr 2nd, 2021 04:26 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1237th Post
srossi
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 55692
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Superstar wrote: The Inner Circle needed to strike as soon as they could.  And they sold the beating they took, and the way they attacked was just awesome.  Sure, I know what you are saying, but if we are to believe that wins and losses count - and AEW is trying to make us believe that - all the beatdown does is make everybody want to see them when they finally get inside the ring.  I know people are saying War Games, but WWE owns the name.  The concept can be used for sure but if they start this off with War Games, it's a total waste.  War Games needs to be used to end a feud, not start one.

The last time they promoted War Games they called it Blood and Guts or some such thing.  After the trademark lapsed, MLW legally owned it for many years and promoted some War Games matches, and I think WWE had to buy it back from them.



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Apr 7th, 2021 08:11 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1238th Post
carpetbeggar
The Ayatollah Of Rock And Rolla


Joined: Sun Oct 21st, 2007
Location: Dangling From A Rope Of...CONFETTI!!!
Posts: 12183
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Is it next week where NXT will move to Tuesdays?


How many more viewers do you predict AEW will get after that happens?


Their numbers have gone down to the 700,000's since Shaq and the last PPV, do you think they will gain enough to start averaging a million?

I personally believe that the majority of the NXT and AEW viewers are one and the same and that there will not be much of a bump.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu Apr 8th, 2021 06:02 am
  PM Quote Reply
1239th Post
Kriss
Citizen of nowhere


Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 8865
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
I've only watched the first hour but this week's Dynamite is awful so far. Lots of botches, a terrible Chris Jericho promo that went on forever running down every member of the Pinnacle in detail (breaking the first rule of wrestling promos). Awful, awful commentary. JR has stopped caring and he's repeating the same lines every week. Tony just laughed all night. Bear Country have some pretty cool double team moves (they are, of course, ridiculous, but they look cool), but if the commentators just laugh at them, they will never get over.

QT Marshall's gimmick is a hilarious irony. He's complaining about Cody keeping him down, when IRL he's getting a very undeserved push. He's OK in his role, but he gave another promo just running down his opponents (speaking a lot of shoot truth as well) which just made me think, yeah Cody IS pushing himself in his own company. Doesn't make me wan to see a Cody vs QT match. Anthony Agogo has showed some great personality as a face commentator on Dark, but this heel promo sounded like it was written by WWE.

Sting having an interview with Tony and being interrupted before he can say anything happens EVERY FUCKING WEEK now. That was a good segment when they got to the point, though.

Hopefully the main event is good.

Last edited on Thu Apr 8th, 2021 06:02 am by Kriss



____________________
“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” ― Mark Twain
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu Apr 8th, 2021 02:30 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1240th Post
Superstar
'18-'19 POTY, 1st Ballot HOFer


Joined: Thu Jan 31st, 2008
Location: Pee Pee Township, Ohio USA
Posts: 7039
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Kriss wrote: I've only watched the first hour but this week's Dynamite is awful so far. Lots of botches, a terrible Chris Jericho promo that went on forever running down every member of the Pinnacle in detail (breaking the first rule of wrestling promos). Awful, awful commentary. JR has stopped caring and he's repeating the same lines every week. Tony just laughed all night. Bear Country have some pretty cool double team moves (they are, of course, ridiculous, but they look cool), but if the commentators just laugh at them, they will never get over.

QT Marshall's gimmick is a hilarious irony. He's complaining about Cody keeping him down, when IRL he's getting a very undeserved push. He's OK in his role, but he gave another promo just running down his opponents (speaking a lot of shoot truth as well) which just made me think, yeah Cody IS pushing himself in his own company. Doesn't make me wan to see a Cody vs QT match. Anthony Agogo has showed some great personality as a face commentator on Dark, but this heel promo sounded like it was written by WWE.

Sting having an interview with Tony and being interrupted before he can say anything happens EVERY FUCKING WEEK now. That was a good segment when they got to the point, though.

Hopefully the main event is good.
A couple of things.  JR stopped being passable a couple months ago.  He no longer sounds prepared or motivated, in fact, he sounds half in the bag and almost bitter.  When the ex-boxer guy threw a liver shot a couple weeks ago, JR called it a punch to the solar plexus.  Then bland and dry Excalibur chimes in with the liver shot which you know is the result of Tony Khan just smacking his head on the control panel with the whole solar plexus punch.  Another thing, the whole Lance Archer thing is getting ridiculous.  They have Jake be his mouthpiece, which should be awesome.  Yet much like Shawn Spears, nobody gives a shit.  I've watched him in the ring and he looks solid.  But again, nobody gives a shit.  So now you have Sting trying to get him over to the live crowd?  A guy with that size and ability should be able to get himself over even if he never speaks a word.  Maybe AEW is getting into the same trouble as TNA had in the Orlando Impact Zone - their home base of fans either like a guy or don't like a guy and nothing you do can change their mind.



____________________
"Jack Brisco grabbed my testicles once but I told him "Brisco, you have exactly 15 minutes to get your hands off my balls"." -WongLee 7/22/2017
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu Apr 8th, 2021 05:57 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1241st Post
srossi
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 55692
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Superstar wrote: Kriss wrote: I've only watched the first hour but this week's Dynamite is awful so far. Lots of botches, a terrible Chris Jericho promo that went on forever running down every member of the Pinnacle in detail (breaking the first rule of wrestling promos). Awful, awful commentary. JR has stopped caring and he's repeating the same lines every week. Tony just laughed all night. Bear Country have some pretty cool double team moves (they are, of course, ridiculous, but they look cool), but if the commentators just laugh at them, they will never get over.

QT Marshall's gimmick is a hilarious irony. He's complaining about Cody keeping him down, when IRL he's getting a very undeserved push. He's OK in his role, but he gave another promo just running down his opponents (speaking a lot of shoot truth as well) which just made me think, yeah Cody IS pushing himself in his own company. Doesn't make me wan to see a Cody vs QT match. Anthony Agogo has showed some great personality as a face commentator on Dark, but this heel promo sounded like it was written by WWE.

Sting having an interview with Tony and being interrupted before he can say anything happens EVERY FUCKING WEEK now. That was a good segment when they got to the point, though.

Hopefully the main event is good.

A couple of things.  JR stopped being passable a couple months ago.  He no longer sounds prepared or motivated, in fact, he sounds half in the bag and almost bitter.  When the ex-boxer guy threw a liver shot a couple weeks ago, JR called it a punch to the solar plexus. 

JR has sounded bitter for more than a decade, and he half mocks the high spot guys, which comprises 80% of the roster, and half mocks smart marks, which comprises 80% of the audience.  He doesn't really fit in, and he's unnecessary at this point because Schiavone has so exceeded expectations and sounds like he's having more than he did since the days when he stood next to David Crockett that JR doesn't need to be there.



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu Apr 8th, 2021 07:55 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1242nd Post
Kriss
Citizen of nowhere


Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 8865
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Ok. The second hour was much better. Or maybe I was just in a bad mood earlier... Really good main event, which was to be expected.

Tay Conti is great example of what a mess the WWE Performance Center is. WWE brought her the US, trained her to wrestle, taught her English, did nothing with her and then released her. And paid her. Most wrestlers pay for their training. I know someone at AEW has been training her since they signed her, but she's really good now. Meanwhile, WWE are still waiting for Aaliyah to become a wrestler, and she was already a wrestler when WWE signed her.

JR still sucks, though. Randomly listing wrestlers heights and weights like he's commentating with Art Donovan. Has there ever been a wrestling promotion where size mattered less than AEW?



____________________
“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” ― Mark Twain
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu Apr 8th, 2021 08:00 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1243rd Post
srossi
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 55692
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Kriss wrote: Tay Conti is great example of what a mess the WWE Performance Center is. WWE brought her the US, trained her to wrestle, taught her English, did nothing with her and then released her. And paid her. Most wrestlers pay for their training. I know someone at AEW has been training her since they signed her, but she's really good now. Meanwhile, WWE are still waiting for Aaliyah to become a wrestler, and she was already a wrestler when WWE signed her.

Tay Conti might be the hottest chick in wrestling, and has learned to wrestle decently enough.  How WWE invested so much in her and let her get away I'll never understand.  I guess her tits just aren't big enough for Vince.  He has very specific tastes in women that haven't changed in 40 years, and it's obvious who his girls are.



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu Apr 8th, 2021 08:57 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1244th Post
krazykid18
The Prophet
 

Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 2193
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
srossi wrote: Kriss wrote: Tay Conti is great example of what a mess the WWE Performance Center is. WWE brought her the US, trained her to wrestle, taught her English, did nothing with her and then released her. And paid her. Most wrestlers pay for their training. I know someone at AEW has been training her since they signed her, but she's really good now. Meanwhile, WWE are still waiting for Aaliyah to become a wrestler, and she was already a wrestler when WWE signed her.

Tay Conti might be the hottest chick in wrestling, and has learned to wrestle decently enough.  How WWE invested so much in her and let her get away I'll never understand.  I guess her tits just aren't big enough for Vince.  He has very specific tastes in women that haven't changed in 40 years, and it's obvious who his girls are.

WOW if this is not a hyperbole, unless we have another Tay Conti we can't be talking about a female who looks like she just got chin surgery as the hottest chick in wrestling

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Fri Apr 9th, 2021 04:52 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1245th Post
srossi
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 55692
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Now that Impact has moved from the day before Dynamite to the day after, Tony Khan's "paid advertisements" on Impact seem to be over. It didn't air last night.

However in the main event Impact finally got a win when Rich Swann, Willie Mack, and Eddie Edwards beat Kenny Omega and The Good Brothers (Swann pinned Karl Anderson).



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Current time is 04:55 am Page:  First Page Previous Page  ...  78  79  80  81  82  83  84  Next Page Last Page    
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Pro Wrestling > All Elite Wrestling Discussion (Megathread) Top




UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems