WowBB Forums Home 
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > General Discussion > 6.4 Earthquake Hits Southern California

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi  
AuthorPost
beejmi
The Big Kahuna


Joined: Sat Oct 13th, 2007
Location: Philly
Posts: 41697
Status: 
Offline
Hope everyone there is ok

srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 49779
Status: 
Offline
My wife is from the area and said the epicenter was in the middle of nowhere. L.A. and even Bakersfield seems to have barely felt it. The news is making it sound like it hit downtown L.A.

Last edited on Thu Jul 4th, 2019 09:05 pm by srossi

WongLee
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Fri Oct 19th, 2007
Location: Bay Shore, New York
Posts: 7131
Status: 
Offline
Both of my daughters flew out of Los Angeles this morning just missing this. I know quite a few folks in L.A. and I spoke to are saying that even though the tremors were definitely noticeable and it seemed to go on forever, there was no damage to their property. These three friends live within 20 miles of each other.

WongLee
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Fri Oct 19th, 2007
Location: Bay Shore, New York
Posts: 7131
Status: 
Offline
srossi wrote: My wife is from the area I didn't know you were married to a Mexican gal.

srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 49779
Status: 
Offline
WongLee wrote: srossi wrote: My wife is from the area I didn't know you were married to a Mexican gal.

Shhhhhh!!!  We don’t want Trump to find out. 

DJP

 

Joined: Wed Jul 1st, 2009
Location:  
Posts: 836
Status: 
Offline
The epicenter is about 3 hours away from me and I definitely felt it. It did seem to last awhile and was a rolling quake.

srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 49779
Status: 
Offline
Another one 15 minutes ago and everyone on my Facebook is saying they felt this one and it lasted a long time.  I just read it was a 7.1. 

Last edited on Sat Jul 6th, 2019 04:30 am by srossi

Blazer
Mr Monday Night!


Joined: Sun Sep 4th, 2011
Location:  
Posts: 6084
Status: 
Offline
Was watching the Dodgers/Padres game on MLB Network and they had a couple of tremors/aftershocks. Centerfield camera was moving up and down, the announcers acknowledged it, but they just kept on playing. Definitely a different mentality out there. I wouldn't know what to do.

srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 49779
Status: 
Offline
Blazer wrote: Was watching the Dodgers/Padres game on MLB Network and they had a couple of tremors/aftershocks. Centerfield camera was moving up and down, the announcers acknowledged it, but they just kept on playing. Definitely a different mentality out there. I wouldn't know what to do.
I saw the clip online. He kept pitching during the tremors. That’s crazy. I don’t know how you play while the ground is shaking. Just take a timeout. 

Franchise
Low key big hog


Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Cincy, Ohio
Posts: 3633
Status: 
Offline
Blazer wrote: Was watching the Dodgers/Padres game on MLB Network and they had a couple of tremors/aftershocks. Centerfield camera was moving up and down, the announcers acknowledged it, but they just kept on playing. Definitely a different mentality out there. I wouldn't know what to do.

When I was a kid and didn’t have to pay for anything I thought they were cool. Once I had to fix what was broken I didn’t like them as much. I may have a different feeling if I lived in a high rise or on a cliff. 

For the most part you just sit there, I don’t think I ever ducked and or covered once in 34 years. 

Heenan Fan



Joined: Wed Oct 19th, 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 2110
Status: 
Offline
srossi wrote: Blazer wrote: Was watching the Dodgers/Padres game on MLB Network and they had a couple of tremors/aftershocks. Centerfield camera was moving up and down, the announcers acknowledged it, but they just kept on playing. Definitely a different mentality out there. I wouldn't know what to do.
I saw the clip online. He kept pitching during the tremors. That’s crazy. I don’t know how you play while the ground is shaking. Just take a timeout. 
We're use to this shit. The Bay Bridge World Series quake was the big one for most of my generation. Anything after that was chicken feed. But I also agree with what Franchise said, when you have to pay for repairs, it's not so cool.

BlueThunder



Joined: Mon Jun 6th, 2011
Location:  
Posts: 2183
Status: 
Offline
Is there anyway this can be blamed on Trump?

srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 49779
Status: 
Offline
BlueThunder wrote: Is there anyway this can be blamed on Trump?
I'm sure he'll say something stupid about it soon to get heat on himself.  He can't help it.

Benlen



Joined: Sun Oct 21st, 2007
Location: Milpitas, California USA
Posts: 13311
Status: 
Offline
Trump hates California. When he was running for president the convention hall was blocked with protesters. His car stopped on the highway with a busted wall and he and his staff walked through that hole to get to the back of convention hall.

When Nor Cal was on fire he was hesitant to send aid because he said ( I think using a rake as a cane) California should have done a better job managing their forest. No FEMA help.So much backlash from  both DEMs and REPs he gave in.

Last edited on Mon Jul 8th, 2019 06:44 pm by Benlen

gwlee7



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 5316
Status: 
Offline
Conservatives hating the state that has the WORLD’S 5th largest economy and doesn’t take more in federal dollars than it contributes is beyond stupid. They need to be mad at Mississippi or someone else like that.

Last edited on Mon Jul 8th, 2019 07:14 pm by gwlee7

Franchise
Low key big hog


Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Cincy, Ohio
Posts: 3633
Status: 
Offline
Looking at the homeless crisis it looks like California hates itself

carpetbeggar
The Ayatollah Of Rock And Rolla


Joined: Sun Oct 21st, 2007
Location: Dangling From A Rope Of...CONFETTI!!!
Posts: 11774
Status: 
Online
Heenan Fan wrote: srossi wrote: Blazer wrote: Was watching the Dodgers/Padres game on MLB Network and they had a couple of tremors/aftershocks. Centerfield camera was moving up and down, the announcers acknowledged it, but they just kept on playing. Definitely a different mentality out there. I wouldn't know what to do.
I saw the clip online. He kept pitching during the tremors. That’s crazy. I don’t know how you play while the ground is shaking. Just take a timeout. 
We're use to this shit. The Bay Bridge World Series quake was the big one for most of my generation. Anything after that was chicken feed. But I also agree with what Franchise said, when you have to pay for repairs, it's not so cool.


I'm scared Alaska is one day going to get the big quake with Cal getting hit with the tsunami it creates. It wouldn't be the first time it has happened.

srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 49779
Status: 
Offline
carpetbeggar wrote: Heenan Fan wrote: srossi wrote: Blazer wrote: Was watching the Dodgers/Padres game on MLB Network and they had a couple of tremors/aftershocks. Centerfield camera was moving up and down, the announcers acknowledged it, but they just kept on playing. Definitely a different mentality out there. I wouldn't know what to do.
I saw the clip online. He kept pitching during the tremors. That’s crazy. I don’t know how you play while the ground is shaking. Just take a timeout. 
We're use to this shit. The Bay Bridge World Series quake was the big one for most of my generation. Anything after that was chicken feed. But I also agree with what Franchise said, when you have to pay for repairs, it's not so cool.


I'm scared Alaska is one day going to get the big quake with Cal getting hit with the tsunami it creates. It wouldn't be the first time it has happened.

Alaska has hit 90 degrees over 4th of July weekend, shattering the previous record of 85 set in 1969.  So they have more pressing concerns.  If this becomes a regular thing, and it looks like it will, no one knows what will happen to the state.  Average July temperatures for Alaska has historically been in the 65 range.

Last edited on Tue Jul 9th, 2019 01:50 pm by srossi

Franchise
Low key big hog


Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Cincy, Ohio
Posts: 3633
Status: 
Offline
Didn’t Alaska have a decent sized earthquake last year?



UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems