WowBB Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Pro Wrestling > Smackdown Should Be Interesting Tonight

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Smackdown Should Be Interesting Tonight  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Wed Aug 28th, 2019 05:21 pm
  PM Quote Reply
16th Post
wittman2

 

Joined: Mon Feb 18th, 2008
Location:  
Posts: 675
Status: 
Offline
I thought SD was a better show than RAW this week. The matches were longer (save for Gable/Benjamin) and I just thought it had a better pace. I was actually thinking that Vince was hands off last night.



____________________
CM Punk wrote on Twitter - "my twitter account was hacked", is the new: "I'm a sloppy drunk douche".
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sun Sep 15th, 2019 04:55 pm
  PM Quote Reply
17th Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 49465
Status: 
Offline
Weekly Smackdown re-write report. The writers pitched a battle royal to determine Elias’ injury replacement in KOTR. Vince said nope, and inserted Shane directly into the match to lead to Kevin Owens’ being fired. The rumor is that Vince wants this to lead to Owens showing up on NXT’s debut episode on USA this week, because Vince feels it needs a big WWE star on it. So basically, NXT is fucked because this mentality is not at all what the show needs. 

Last edited on Sun Sep 15th, 2019 04:56 pm by srossi



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sun Sep 15th, 2019 05:02 pm
  PM Quote Reply
18th Post
Kriss
Citizen of nowhere


Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 6833
Status: 
Online
Owens tweeted "14-24-20" after he was "fired." As any 12 year-old code breaker will tell you, that means "NXT."

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sun Sep 15th, 2019 05:47 pm
  PM Quote Reply
19th Post
Heenan Fan



Joined: Wed Oct 19th, 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 1989
Status: 
Offline
This is legit the 4th time Kevin Owens has lost a loser leaves WWE match...and has never left. I like Kevin, the booking, not so much.



____________________
"Comedians are just like Pro Wrestlers...all the good ones are dead!" - Heenan Fan 2019
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sun Sep 15th, 2019 05:50 pm
  PM Quote Reply
20th Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 49465
Status: 
Offline
Heenan Fan wrote: This is legit the 4th time Kevin Owens has lost a loser leaves WWE match...and has never left. I like Kevin, the booking, not so much.
Technically he didn’t lose a loser-leaves-town match this time. Shane just fired him. We’re also supposed to believe that being fired from Smackdown by a McMahon doesn’t apply to all the other brands also owned by the McMahons. 



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sun Sep 15th, 2019 05:54 pm
  PM Quote Reply
21st Post
Heenan Fan



Joined: Wed Oct 19th, 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 1989
Status: 
Offline
Same difference I reckon.



____________________
"Comedians are just like Pro Wrestlers...all the good ones are dead!" - Heenan Fan 2019
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sun Sep 15th, 2019 07:08 pm
  PM Quote Reply
22nd Post
Franchise
Low key big hog


Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Cincy, Ohio
Posts: 3577
Status: 
Offline
srossi wrote: Heenan Fan wrote: This is legit the 4th time Kevin Owens has lost a loser leaves WWE match...and has never left. I like Kevin, the booking, not so much.
Technically he didn’t lose a loser-leaves-town match this time. Shane just fired him. We’re also supposed to believe that being fired from Smackdown by a McMahon doesn’t apply to all the other brands also owned by the McMahons. 


Which is dumb as shit, they should have traded him for some bullshit like a couple of jobbers or a pick to be named later from NXT if this had to happen.



____________________
"Beginning this week, Nitro is going head-to-head with Thunder in Australia" - The Wrestling Observer Newsletter: January 22, 2001
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sun Sep 15th, 2019 07:15 pm
  PM Quote Reply
23rd Post
Kriss
Citizen of nowhere


Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 6833
Status: 
Online
Franchise wrote: srossi wrote: Heenan Fan wrote: This is legit the 4th time Kevin Owens has lost a loser leaves WWE match...and has never left. I like Kevin, the booking, not so much.
Technically he didn’t lose a loser-leaves-town match this time. Shane just fired him. We’re also supposed to believe that being fired from Smackdown by a McMahon doesn’t apply to all the other brands also owned by the McMahons. 


Which is dumb as shit, they should have traded him for some bullshit like a couple of jobbers or a pick to be named later from NXT if this had to happen.


There are so many obvious angles that they never use. Why has there never been a tournament with the winner going to the main roster? Why did they never do some kind of build-up for the NXT guys who have entered the Royal Rumble? Why do they almost never do hair angles? Imagine the heat someone could have got if they had taken Triple H's hair, or Shawn Michaels's etc etc... Why have they never done an angle where someone has to start from the bottom again? That would be a good angle to reintroduce someone into NXT, but Owens will be sent to NXT to be their top guy. If Vince has his way, they will end up pushing Babatunde over tiny Adam Cole.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sun Sep 15th, 2019 07:43 pm
  PM Quote Reply
24th Post
Franchise
Low key big hog


Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Cincy, Ohio
Posts: 3577
Status: 
Offline
I agree they are leaving a lot on the table. I’ll just never understand how they can think making more of the same is the right Answer. I enjoy NXT because it is different. if it’s going to be like the main rosters what is the draw?



____________________
"Beginning this week, Nitro is going head-to-head with Thunder in Australia" - The Wrestling Observer Newsletter: January 22, 2001
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Oct 15th, 2019 07:13 pm
  PM Quote Reply
25th Post
Superstar
Reigning Defending POTY


Joined: Thu Jan 31st, 2008
Location: Truth Or Consequences, New Mexico USA
Posts: 5636
Status: 
Offline
Today, WWE replaced Bischoff with Bruce Prichard. I am not surprised that Bischoff didn't work out, simply because he doesn't seem to need it - that said, he was a liason with FOX and maybe now that everything has transitioned over, he felt it was a good time to leave. Or, Vince just didn't like his direction and sent him packing.



____________________
"Jack Brisco grabbed my testicles once but I told him "Brisco, you have exactly 15 minutes to get your hands off my balls"." -WongLee 7/22/2017
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Oct 15th, 2019 07:17 pm
  PM Quote Reply
26th Post
Kriss
Citizen of nowhere


Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 6833
Status: 
Online
Superstar wrote: Today, WWE replaced Bischoff with Bruce Prichard. I am not surprised that Bischoff didn't work out, simply because he doesn't seem to need it - that said, he was a liason with FOX and maybe now that everything has transitioned over, he felt it was a good time to leave. Or, Vince just didn't like his direction and sent him packing.

Did Eric ever actually start working? All I ever read about was that he was getting reaccustomed to WWE, while Heyman started straight away because he has been there for years with Lesnar.

Last edited on Tue Oct 15th, 2019 07:18 pm by Kriss

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Oct 15th, 2019 07:39 pm
  PM Quote Reply
27th Post
Matt Farmer

 

Joined: Fri Jun 3rd, 2011
Location: Seattle, Washington USA
Posts: 705
Status: 
Offline
Superstar wrote: Today, WWE replaced Bischoff with Bruce Prichard. I am not surprised that Bischoff didn't work out, simply because he doesn't seem to need it - that said, he was a liason with FOX and maybe now that everything has transitioned over, he felt it was a good time to leave. Or, Vince just didn't like his direction and sent him packing.He did NEED it. 

I'm sure he'll have his contract paid out, and I hope they do as he picked up and moved across the country for this job. 
Knowing that he knew this was a position set to fail, I'm sure he had some financial guarantees written into his contract. 
Look we can all have opinions about the job they did or didn't do. Or how much freedom they were actually give (very little). These roles are doomed to fail. 



____________________
to email me: inferno4l@hotmail.com
Follow on Twitter: @mattfarmer93
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Oct 15th, 2019 07:47 pm
  PM Quote Reply
28th Post
Superstar
Reigning Defending POTY


Joined: Thu Jan 31st, 2008
Location: Truth Or Consequences, New Mexico USA
Posts: 5636
Status: 
Offline
Matt Farmer wrote: Superstar wrote: Today, WWE replaced Bischoff with Bruce Prichard. I am not surprised that Bischoff didn't work out, simply because he doesn't seem to need it - that said, he was a liason with FOX and maybe now that everything has transitioned over, he felt it was a good time to leave. Or, Vince just didn't like his direction and sent him packing.He did NEED it. 

I'm sure he'll have his contract paid out, and I hope they do as he picked up and moved across the country for this job. 
Knowing that he knew this was a position set to fail, I'm sure he had some financial guarantees written into his contract. 
Look we can all have opinions about the job they did or didn't do. Or how much freedom they were actually give (very little). These roles are doomed to fail.
You honestly feel that Eric Bischoff, at this stage in his life, "needs" anything in the wrestling business?  He has his money, he is enjoying himself in life, and it seemed that this deal with WWE came out of the blue.  And I would tend to believe that the only reason that he took it was because it came with a seven figure paycheck that, much like he had with WCW, he knew that he would be earning some of that money just to go away when Vince got tired of him.  I'm looking forward to hearing his side of it, because I doubt that WWE will make any comment regarding it unless it gets brought up on one of their financial calls.  It also wouldn't stun me in the least if his contract got done because Vince was worried that he was going to go work for Tony Khan in order to increase the viability of the product in TNT's eyes.



____________________
"Jack Brisco grabbed my testicles once but I told him "Brisco, you have exactly 15 minutes to get your hands off my balls"." -WongLee 7/22/2017
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Oct 15th, 2019 08:02 pm
  PM Quote Reply
29th Post
Matt Farmer

 

Joined: Fri Jun 3rd, 2011
Location: Seattle, Washington USA
Posts: 705
Status: 
Offline
Superstar wrote: Matt Farmer wrote: Superstar wrote: Today, WWE replaced Bischoff with Bruce Prichard. I am not surprised that Bischoff didn't work out, simply because he doesn't seem to need it - that said, he was a liason with FOX and maybe now that everything has transitioned over, he felt it was a good time to leave. Or, Vince just didn't like his direction and sent him packing.He did NEED it. 

I'm sure he'll have his contract paid out, and I hope they do as he picked up and moved across the country for this job. 
Knowing that he knew this was a position set to fail, I'm sure he had some financial guarantees written into his contract. 
Look we can all have opinions about the job they did or didn't do. Or how much freedom they were actually give (very little). These roles are doomed to fail.
You honestly feel that Eric Bischoff, at this stage in his life, "needs" anything in the wrestling business?  He has his money, he is enjoying himself in life, and it seemed that this deal with WWE came out of the blue.  And I would tend to believe that the only reason that he took it was because it came with a seven figure paycheck that, much like he had with WCW, he knew that he would be earning some of that money just to go away when Vince got tired of him.  I'm looking forward to hearing his side of it, because I doubt that WWE will make any comment regarding it unless it gets brought up on one of their financial calls.  It also wouldn't stun me in the least if his contract got done because Vince was worried that he was going to go work for Tony Khan in order to increase the viability of the product in TNT's eyes.
Financially yes he needed it. 



____________________
to email me: inferno4l@hotmail.com
Follow on Twitter: @mattfarmer93
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Oct 15th, 2019 08:20 pm
  PM Quote Reply
30th Post
Kriss
Citizen of nowhere


Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 6833
Status: 
Online
Matt Farmer wrote: Superstar wrote: Matt Farmer wrote: Superstar wrote: Today, WWE replaced Bischoff with Bruce Prichard. I am not surprised that Bischoff didn't work out, simply because he doesn't seem to need it - that said, he was a liason with FOX and maybe now that everything has transitioned over, he felt it was a good time to leave. Or, Vince just didn't like his direction and sent him packing.He did NEED it. 

I'm sure he'll have his contract paid out, and I hope they do as he picked up and moved across the country for this job. 
Knowing that he knew this was a position set to fail, I'm sure he had some financial guarantees written into his contract. 
Look we can all have opinions about the job they did or didn't do. Or how much freedom they were actually give (very little). These roles are doomed to fail.
You honestly feel that Eric Bischoff, at this stage in his life, "needs" anything in the wrestling business?  He has his money, he is enjoying himself in life, and it seemed that this deal with WWE came out of the blue.  And I would tend to believe that the only reason that he took it was because it came with a seven figure paycheck that, much like he had with WCW, he knew that he would be earning some of that money just to go away when Vince got tired of him.  I'm looking forward to hearing his side of it, because I doubt that WWE will make any comment regarding it unless it gets brought up on one of their financial calls.  It also wouldn't stun me in the least if his contract got done because Vince was worried that he was going to go work for Tony Khan in order to increase the viability of the product in TNT's eyes.
Financially yes he needed it. 


If you know something, start typing. Don't be such a fucking cocktease.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Current time is 06:00 am Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  Next Page Last Page    
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Pro Wrestling > Smackdown Should Be Interesting Tonight Top




UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems