WowBB Forums Home 
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Sports Talk > Antonio Brown May Retire Over Helmet

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi  
AuthorPost
Papa Voo



Joined: Thu Jan 17th, 2008
Location: Right Outside The Burgh, USA
Posts: 9647
Status: 
Offline
Oakland Raiders please let us introduce you to AB.  

The AB saga continues.  He has filed a grievance over the helmet. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/antonio-brown-reportedly-says-hed-retire-over-helmet-heres-why-its-now-banned-by-the-nfl/

Angelic Assassin



Joined: Mon Dec 27th, 2010
Location: Driving Through Philly, Home Of Losers., Pennsylvania USA
Posts: 5895
Status: 
Offline
Fucking primadonna 
And of course the Raiders are sucked in by that POS.

Papa Voo



Joined: Thu Jan 17th, 2008
Location: Right Outside The Burgh, USA
Posts: 9647
Status: 
Offline
I think the guy lost it about two years ago.  Some wire came loose or something.  This weird behavior has been occurring on and off the field. 

Last edited on Sat Aug 10th, 2019 12:33 pm by Papa Voo

Dr. Strangelove



Joined: Fri May 26th, 2017
Location:  
Posts: 75
Status: 
Offline
AB makes OBJ look like a growup.

Last edited on Sat Aug 10th, 2019 01:30 pm by Dr. Strangelove

The Ultimate Sin
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown, Sri Lanka
Posts: 9825
Status: 
Offline
Let him retire. I'm sure he saved his money. He seems really responsible.

tamalie
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Mon Oct 22nd, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 4351
Status: 
Offline
He will not retire. It's just Antonio Brown being dramatic as a way of getting to wear the helmet he prefers.

Franchise
Low key big hog


Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Cincy, Ohio
Posts: 3486
Status: 
Offline
I’m no defender of the league but sometimes it seems like no matter what they do someone is pushing back. The league is making an effort to ensure the helmets are safer and offer more protection what really is there to argue?


I can understand players having a hard time adjusting to the new rules of tackling and having to unlearn hitting with your head because it’s a learned technique but to fight over not wanting a helmet that has been deemed safer?

katook



Joined: Tue Sep 21st, 2010
Location: In A Trailerpark Filled With Rednecks, North Carolina USA
Posts: 3368
Status: 
Offline
Good riddance to bad trash, Fuck him.

Angelic Assassin



Joined: Mon Dec 27th, 2010
Location: Driving Through Philly, Home Of Losers., Pennsylvania USA
Posts: 5895
Status: 
Offline
Some of these fuckers don't seem to realize that all they do is play football. 
And the way the NFL game has gone over the last decade no NFL isn't the worst that could happen. Except for those who make a living on the betting of football.
What besides a homeless loser would Antonio Brown be without football. I doubt he excelled in academics in college.
Even though I'm a life long Raiders fan I don't have any fucks to give about whether he ever plays a game for the Raiders. He's a cancer, and it's not like he can cure cancer which might make his pompous ass useful. Let him retire and if the Raiders have given him even a dime sue him to get it back.

Papa Voo



Joined: Thu Jan 17th, 2008
Location: Right Outside The Burgh, USA
Posts: 9647
Status: 
Offline
tamalie wrote: He will not retire. It's just Antonio Brown being dramatic as a way of getting to wear the helmet he prefers.

Do you think the NFL is going to budge on this? 

Franchise
Low key big hog


Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Cincy, Ohio
Posts: 3486
Status: 
Offline
They shouldn’t budge, the article I read said the helmet he wants to wear is 10 years and the manufacturer won’t certify a helmet that old.

Angelic Assassin



Joined: Mon Dec 27th, 2010
Location: Driving Through Philly, Home Of Losers., Pennsylvania USA
Posts: 5895
Status: 
Offline
Franchise wrote: They shouldn’t budge, the article I read said the helmet he wants to wear is 10 years and the manufacturer won’t certify a helmet that old.
The helmet is acting older than Antonio Brown is.

Benlen



Joined: Sun Oct 21st, 2007
Location: Milpitas, California USA
Posts: 13193
Status: 
Offline
I hope he sits out. I want him to screw both the Raiders/Gruden and himself. NFL isn't gonna let him switch back.

tamalie
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Mon Oct 22nd, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 4351
Status: 
Offline
Antonio Brown's attempt at overturning a ruling stating he could not wear his long term helmet has failed. He has said he will comply and wear a new helmet that meets safety standards and join the Raiders. I cannot believe any fans or media members actually for one split second truly believed he was going to retire over this issue and leave all that money on the table.

Last edited on Mon Aug 12th, 2019 09:12 pm by tamalie

tamalie
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Mon Oct 22nd, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 4351
Status: 
Offline
Papa Voo wrote: tamalie wrote: He will not retire. It's just Antonio Brown being dramatic as a way of getting to wear the helmet he prefers.

Do you think the NFL is going to budge on this? 

To belatedly answer this question, I did not base my opinion on the idea that the NFL would budge and let him wear an outdated helmet that didn't meet safety standards. Such a thing would be a lawsuit waiting to happen if he got hurt, regardless of any waivers that may have been signed, and would have set a bad precedent for other players wanting to wear outdated and unsafe equipment for whatever reason. My opinion was based on me not for one second believing Antonio Brown would go through with retiring if he got a final and binding ruling against him wearing his old helmet. It was ridiculous of him to threaten retirement in the first place when such a move was financially damaging to him, would make him look like a joke, and when he had no intention of ever really doing so and was going to back down when, not if, he was shot down.

Papa Voo



Joined: Thu Jan 17th, 2008
Location: Right Outside The Burgh, USA
Posts: 9647
Status: 
Offline
tamalie wrote: Antonio Brown's attempt at overturning a ruling stating he could not wear his long term helmet has failed. He has said he will comply and wear a new helmet that meets safety standards and join the Raiders. I cannot believe any fans or media members actually for one split second truly believed he was going to retire over this issue and leave all that money on the table.

I did not see him say that he will comply.

Everybody is saying that this guy is a diva and yadaa...yadaa.  I do not necessarily disagree with that, but I think this guy has gone batshit crazy to a degree in the last couple of years. His behavior has went past the diva personality. 

Last edited on Mon Aug 12th, 2019 10:41 pm by Papa Voo

Heenan Fan



Joined: Wed Oct 19th, 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 1612
Status: 
Offline
Angelic Assassin wrote: Franchise wrote: They shouldn’t budge, the article I read said the helmet he wants to wear is 10 years and the manufacturer won’t certify a helmet that old.
The helmet is acting older than Antonio Brown is.
The helmet is wearing Antonio Brown for protection.

Principal_Raditch



Joined: Mon Feb 18th, 2008
Location:  
Posts: 6785
Status: 
Offline

tamalie
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Mon Oct 22nd, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 4351
Status: 
Offline
Papa Voo wrote: tamalie wrote: Antonio Brown's attempt at overturning a ruling stating he could not wear his long term helmet has failed. He has said he will comply and wear a new helmet that meets safety standards and join the Raiders. I cannot believe any fans or media members actually for one split second truly believed he was going to retire over this issue and leave all that money on the table.

I did not see him say that he will comply.

Everybody is saying that this guy is a diva and yadaa...yadaa.  I do not necessarily disagree with that, but I think this guy has gone batshit crazy to a degree in the last couple of years. His behavior has went past the diva personality. 


His Instragram post within the linked article is as much of a concession speech as we'll get, but the act of returning to camp with the Raiders is an effective statement of compliance because he can't take the field wearing the old one.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27374697/ab-eager-rejoin-raiders-losing-grievance

Papa Voo



Joined: Thu Jan 17th, 2008
Location: Right Outside The Burgh, USA
Posts: 9647
Status: 
Offline
Yep, he coming back.

Watch out, Carr. Your career is about to change. Not for the better.

Angelic Assassin



Joined: Mon Dec 27th, 2010
Location: Driving Through Philly, Home Of Losers., Pennsylvania USA
Posts: 5895
Status: 
Offline
Heenan Fan wrote: Angelic Assassin wrote: Franchise wrote: They shouldn’t budge, the article I read said the helmet he wants to wear is 10 years and the manufacturer won’t certify a helmet that old.
The helmet is acting older than Antonio Brown is.
The helmet is wearing Antonio Brown for protection.

Funny shit.

Heenan Fan



Joined: Wed Oct 19th, 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 1612
Status: 
Offline
Antonio Brown accused of stiffing 'Sports Chef' out of $38,000


https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxnews.com/sports/raiders-antonio-brown-chef-lawsuit.amp

Papa Voo



Joined: Thu Jan 17th, 2008
Location: Right Outside The Burgh, USA
Posts: 9647
Status: 
Offline
The shit just keeps getting weirder with AB.


How long do the Raiders keep putting up with the bullshit? 


https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/08/17/the-antonio-brown-helmet-situation-goes-from-weird-to-weirder/

tamalie
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Mon Oct 22nd, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 4351
Status: 
Offline
I have to admit, after Antonio Brown sent his Instragram message about coming to camp, I considered this a closed issue. Why he had this seeming about face is confusing. Mike Mayock put it pretty well when he said the team supports Brown in this argument, but the avenues for getting his favored helmet approved have been exhausted and there's probably no way to get it done. I'm still of the opinion that by week 1 he will be in uniform and playing. As for what the Raiders can do next, the team is in a bind. Cutting him would mean taking a big cap hit, losing their top WR, and getting nothing in return. If he's traded, and perhaps he's not happy to be a Raider and this is some sort of strange exit strategy, the return will be lower. My take is the team waits him out. I truly don't think he'll retire.

Papa Voo



Joined: Thu Jan 17th, 2008
Location: Right Outside The Burgh, USA
Posts: 9647
Status: 
Offline
Brown had the fictitious injury last to get out of training camp practices. I am thinking maybe the helmet issue was a means to get out if the preseason. He does think that his personal training provides him with the necessary action to get him game ready. It has been said that he truly is a warrior when practicing, so maybe this is a way to get out of the team practice routine.

Heenan Fan



Joined: Wed Oct 19th, 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 1612
Status: 
Offline
Just reported locally during the Raider pre-game show that Antonio Brown is shopping (pimping?) helmet companies and he will only choose one that comes with a full endorsement deal. Not necessarily wrong or right imo, I obviously believe in capitalism. But I can also see how some might call this more prima donna horshit?



UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems