WowBB Forums Home 
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Pro Wrestling > Wednesday Night War Week #2 Thread

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi  
AuthorPost
Heenan Fan



Joined: Wed Oct 19th, 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 2093
Status: 
Offline
I posted this on the AEW thread earlier:

From Meltz:

"There is a chance that a portion of tonight's AEW show will not air on TNT tonight.

Today's St. Louis Cardinals vs. Atlanta Braves baseball playoff game starts at 5:02 p.m. Eastern and will air on TBS. There is also a Washington Nationals vs. Los Angeles Dodgers came on TBS scheduled to start at 8:37 p.m.If the Cardinals game goes past 8:37 p.m., unlikely but possible, one of the two games would be put on TNT with the other on TBS until the Cardinals game ends.

To offset this, AEW is scheduled to air live on both TNT and Tru TV for the two hours, which, with airing on two stations, would increase the potential audience. If the Cardinals game goes long, there could be a period where TNT goes to baseball, and AEW would only air on Tru TV. But TNT would return to the AEW show from Boston as soon as the first game ends.

The complete two hour show will be replayed at 10 p.m. Eastern on TNT."

Considering the the first inning of the Cards -Braves game is 40 minutes in and still going as I type this, it's probably a given that part of the TNT broadcast will be interrupted tonight.

srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 49752
Status: 
Offline
They’re heading to the 9th with 30 minutes to complete it before this becomes an issue, so they should be fine.

Heenan Fan



Joined: Wed Oct 19th, 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 2093
Status: 
Offline
They've already added Jake Hager (Jack Swagger) to the opening montage. John Moxley looks like Leonnardo DiCaprio from "The Revenant" movie. Tully Blanchard will appear tonight.

Heenan Fan



Joined: Wed Oct 19th, 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 2093
Status: 
Offline
srossi wrote: They’re heading to the 9th with 30 minutes to complete it before this becomes an issue, so they should be fine.Yeah, long first inning, but everything's cool now.

tamalie
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Mon Oct 22nd, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 4464
Status: 
Offline
Tony Schiavone is 61 and will be 62 in less than a month. If he wants to color his hair and beard to look a little younger, that's his business, but he needs to get the color of each to match.

tamalie
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Mon Oct 22nd, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 4464
Status: 
Offline
Whatever heat Lio Rush had with the honchos a few months ago has dissipated. He just beat Drew Gulak for the Cruiserweight Title.

Last edited on Thu Oct 10th, 2019 01:19 am by tamalie

Heenan Fan



Joined: Wed Oct 19th, 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 2093
Status: 
Offline
Opening tag match between The Bucks and Private Party is damn good so far.

Superstar
Reigning Defending POTY


Joined: Thu Jan 31st, 2008
Location: Truth Or Consequences, New Mexico USA
Posts: 5734
Status: 
Offline
tamalie wrote: Tony Schiavone is 61 and will be 62 in less than a month. If he wants to color his hair and beard to look a little younger, that's his business, but he needs to get the color of each to match.Said something similar to my wife - JR looks fine, Schiavone looks like he has shoe polish on his face.  He should just be himself, nobody expects him to look like Schiavone circa ‘00

Superstar
Reigning Defending POTY


Joined: Thu Jan 31st, 2008
Location: Truth Or Consequences, New Mexico USA
Posts: 5734
Status: 
Offline
Heenan Fan wrote: Opening tag match between The Bucks and Private Party is damn good so far.I wanted to hate Private Party just based on their combined weight of 24oz of vodka cranberry.  But those fuckers are talented.  Yeah, lots of flippy floppy but still...the Bucks put them over STRONG.  They get it - the entire roster needs to get over, not just the corporate execs

tamalie
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Mon Oct 22nd, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 4464
Status: 
Offline
Private Party beat the Young Bucks in the first round of the AEW Tag Team Title tourney. We don't know what is coming down the line, but for the Bucks to lose more or less cleanly was very unselfish on their part. They have booking power and many in that spot would balk at this stage of the game or altogether.

Heenan Fan



Joined: Wed Oct 19th, 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 2093
Status: 
Offline
I'd like to see Private Party win actually to set up a program. These two teams work great together. I love the time calls by the timekeeper/ring announcer. Old-school.

Last edited on Thu Oct 10th, 2019 01:23 am by Heenan Fan

Superstar
Reigning Defending POTY


Joined: Thu Jan 31st, 2008
Location: Truth Or Consequences, New Mexico USA
Posts: 5734
Status: 
Offline
Jericho looks really cool with the belt and the jacket, but when he takes them off...from the neck down he’s starting to look like Fred Ottman

Heenan Fan



Joined: Wed Oct 19th, 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 2093
Status: 
Offline
tamalie wrote: Private Party beat the Young Bucks in the first round of the AEW Tag Team Title tourney. We don't know what is coming down the line, but for the Bucks to lose more or less cleanly was very unselfish on their part. They have booking power and many in that spot would balk at this stage of the game or altogether.I'm watching on a slight dvr delay. You didn't spoil it for me though, I read your post after I saw the finish. I agree that the Bucks did the right thing. Great tv match too.

Married Jo



Joined: Fri Dec 21st, 2007
Location: Hickory NC
Posts: 6773
Status: 
Online
Superstar wrote: Jericho looks really cool with the belt and the jacket, but when he takes them off...from the neck down he’s starting to look like Fred OttmanHe’s like 10 lbs overweight let’s not get crazy here..he looks great and right for his age..he’s also cutting one of the best promos ever right now and just shit all over the WWE without even mentioning their name, it was awesome lol

Heenan Fan



Joined: Wed Oct 19th, 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 2093
Status: 
Offline
Nice Eddie Guerrero shout out from Jericho! And buries WWE creative over the Jack Swagger character.



Last edited on Thu Oct 10th, 2019 03:52 am by Heenan Fan

Superstar
Reigning Defending POTY


Joined: Thu Jan 31st, 2008
Location: Truth Or Consequences, New Mexico USA
Posts: 5734
Status: 
Offline
Married Jo wrote: Superstar wrote: Jericho looks really cool with the belt and the jacket, but when he takes them off...from the neck down he’s starting to look like Fred OttmanHe’s like 10 lbs overweight let’s not get crazy here..he looks great and right for his age..he’s also cutting one of the best promos ever right now and just shit all over the WWE without even mentioning their name, it was awesome lolI agree with everything you said - the Ottman comment was tongue in cheek.  I love Jericho and this run could cap off a Hall of Fame career better than anything WWE did with him the last four years he was there.  Eventually he will wrestle Omega on a PPV and do what they did in Japan. 

Heenan Fan



Joined: Wed Oct 19th, 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 2093
Status: 
Offline
Any Jimmy Havoc fans here? I'm not sold on him at all, just not my type of rassler.

Boz1515



Joined: Sat May 26th, 2012
Location:  
Posts: 1628
Status: 
Offline
Superstar wrote: Married Jo wrote: Superstar wrote: Jericho looks really cool with the belt and the jacket, but when he takes them off...from the neck down he’s starting to look like Fred OttmanHe’s like 10 lbs overweight let’s not get crazy here..he looks great and right for his age..he’s also cutting one of the best promos ever right now and just shit all over the WWE without even mentioning their name, it was awesome lolI agree with everything you said - the Ottman comment was tongue in cheek.  I love Jericho and this run could cap off a Hall of Fame career better than anything WWE did with him the last four years he was there.  Eventually he will wrestle Omega on a PPV and do what they did in Japan. If Jericho did some lat pull downs I think it would help his current look significantly.

brodiescomics



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 3323
Status: 
Offline
Heenan Fan wrote: Any Jimmy Havoc fans here? I'm not sold on him at all, just not my type of rassler.
I think he has a cool look. Not sure what I don't like about his in ring work though. I just don't like it. I think he has some potential though. Maybe he will get better.

Heenan Fan



Joined: Wed Oct 19th, 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 2093
Status: 
Offline
Both the Darby Allen and Jimmy Havoc characters should of been introduced via vignettes and not thrown out cold. Especially when Allen went to a 20 minute draw with Cody last summer. They're both gimmick characters, which is cool with me, but don't dedut gimmick characters cold. Yes, I know the most successful gimmick character in pro wrestling history debuted cold at Survivor Series 1990.

Heenan Fan



Joined: Wed Oct 19th, 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 2093
Status: 
Offline
Best Friends align with Orange Cassidy. I still have no idea if all three are just comedy gimmicks or homo comedy gimmicks (not that there's anything wrong with it).

Heenan Fan



Joined: Wed Oct 19th, 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 2093
Status: 
Offline
TULLY!

Heenan Fan



Joined: Wed Oct 19th, 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 2093
Status: 
Offline
I can't watch NXT yet, west coast feed.



Last edited on Thu Oct 10th, 2019 02:21 am by Heenan Fan

Superstar
Reigning Defending POTY


Joined: Thu Jan 31st, 2008
Location: Truth Or Consequences, New Mexico USA
Posts: 5734
Status: 
Offline
Tully obviously paid a LOT of attention to what JJ used to do as manager. He’s doing the JJ role but with a little more speed and interference.

By the way, what the fuck is an Orange Cassidy?

Heenan Fan



Joined: Wed Oct 19th, 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 2093
Status: 
Offline
Mox is a badass, but I don't like his new Lance Armstrong ring gear.

Heenan Fan



Joined: Wed Oct 19th, 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 2093
Status: 
Offline
Superstar wrote: Tully obviously paid a LOT of attention to what JJ used to do as manager. He’s doing the JJ role but with a little more speed and interference.

By the way, what the fuck is an Orange Cassidy?
Orange Cassidy is "Pockets". Gimmick wrestler who wrestles in slo-mo, with his hands in his pockets, to get heat, then (sometimes) shows he's a good worker and gets more heat. I think Jim Cornette hates Orange more than shit stain.

Heenan Fan



Joined: Wed Oct 19th, 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 2093
Status: 
Offline
Chris Jericho doing his post 2005 Axl Rose impression. Still cool though.

srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 49752
Status: 
Offline
Not reading this thread because I don’t want spoilers, but I’m watching this on delay and just finished with Jericho’s promo and it was the best damn promo that’s been cut all year. Anyway who questioned putting the title on him has no idea what they’re talking about.

Heenan Fan



Joined: Wed Oct 19th, 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 2093
Status: 
Offline
srossi wrote: Not reading this thread because I don’t want spoilers, but I’m watching this on delay and just finished with Jericho’s promo and it was the best damn promo that’s been cut all year. Anyway who questioned putting the title on him has no idea what they’re talking about.Absolutely agree.

srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 49752
Status: 
Offline
Heenan Fan wrote: Nice Eddie Guerrero shout out from Jericho! And buries WWE creative over the Jack Swagger character.




Today would’ve been Eddy’s 52nd birthday and Jericho, LAX, and Hager all gave subtle tributes to him tonight. Very cool. 

srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 49752
Status: 
Offline
I absolutely LOVED this show. Better than last week. Almost perfect. These 2 hours fly by without fast forwarding unlike WWE where I fast forward through half the show and it still seems like a chore to get through. Not one bad match, not one wasted segment. Everyone is trying to get everyone else over. Young Bucks put over Private Party huge, Jericho put over his new group in the perfect promo, Jericho and Dustin with 60 years of combined experience go out there and tear it up in the main event.

My 2 criticisms: a few missed camera shots and JR being bitter and angry and not selling for PAC.

Heenan Fan



Joined: Wed Oct 19th, 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 2093
Status: 
Offline
srossi wrote: Heenan Fan wrote: Nice Eddie Guerrero shout out from Jericho! And buries WWE creative over the Jack Swagger character.




Today would’ve been Eddy’s 52nd birthday and Jericho, LAX, and Hager all gave subtle tributes to him tonight. Very cool. 
Yep.

Attachment: images-9.jpg (Downloaded 72 times)

Quattro

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 3904
Status: 
Offline
Watched AEW. It was good. Liked it this week too. But then watched NWA Power show on YouTube. Gotta say that was a darn solid effort. Interviews with wrestlers that sounded half way like old fashioned go be yourself interviews, angles being built, reasonable finishes (not 57 false finishes per match), and wrestlers that looked like athletes and not kids. I think Cornette said it. They have grown men.

Nick Aldis dude looked pretty good. So did Eli Drake fellow.
Selling too.

Vintage Wrestling



Joined: Wed Jan 30th, 2008
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 1029
Status: 
Offline
I’m really hoping AEW gets better. This show was a snoozer for me. That first match was horrendous. Flippy floppy setup bullshit. They don’t even try to make anything look realistic. The one thing I really like is the spotlight on matches and not 20 minute talking segments. Just hoping the wrestling gets better because the wrestling on NXT is far superior so far.

srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 49752
Status: 
Offline
Mike Johnson reviews the show, and I really can't disagree with any of it:

I had the chance to talk a lot about last night's WWE NXT on PWInsider Elite audio, so I thought I'd give some thoughts on last night's AEW Dynamite.  I thought the show was tighter than the debut effort and brought forth some great moments for All Elite Wrestling, particularly in the opening and closing segments of the show.

Private Party defeating The Young Bucks in the first round of the AEW Tag Team tournament was the right call and the smartest call for the long-term good of everyone involved.  The Bucks are always going to be made man within AEW but Private Party are completely new talents to even the most die-hard fans.  If you hadn't seen their work outside of the New York City area, you'd have no idea who they really are, especially on this scale.  By having them have a great back and forth athletic match with The Bucks and then beating them clean, AEW told the audience that Party are players.  The Bucks winning the belts would be meaningless, because it would just open them up to assumptions that they put the belts on themselves given their backstage duties.  By taking themselves off the board, The Bucks now allow everyone else to shine and leave the doors open for the Bucks to challenge the champs on a PPV down the line.  For AEW to thrive long-term (and I mean over the next decade, not this year), it has to grow to be about more than the core members of The Elite and the next generation after the current main eventers have to mean something.  Private Party took a huge first step last night and AEW showed some smart maturity by not going with the obvious finish.  I also really liked the idea of the other teams scouting their future opponents.

Chris Jericho's promo introducing the Inner Circle was a master class on how one good talker can get a lot over in a short period of time.  Jericho got each individual member of his posse over, knocked the fans, took the wind out of the sails of fans mocking Jake Hager with "We the People chants" and got the name of the group over to the point it  knocked the Pro Wrestling Tees website offline.  To me, Chris Jericho's role in AEW has to be similar to the one Terry Funk ad in the original ECW.  He needs to be the veteran who's still so viable and so good that when he works with others, he helps bring them up to his level so that they have a credibility to them if and when he's done working with them.  A week ago, it was a weird motley crew of unconnected talents with him.  This week, we had the Legion of Doom, ready to take on The Elite's Superfriends.  Good stuff, all branching out of Jericho's mic work.

We also got to see a little character building out of Ortiz, making old school bug-eyed faces out of 1970s The Sheik with his tongue hanging out.   That's the sort of little thing that make fans think something is off about that guy - and brings a little bit of fear to his aura.  I liked it.  Little things like that work the best.

The main event was just a great, fun, athletic good vs. evil tag match that had all the hallmarks of good professional wrestling.  Dustin Rhodes was just "on" last night and the moment where he caught Samy Guevara charging into the snap powerslam was just awesome.  Adam Page looked every bit the star here and it was his best showing to date in AEW in my opinion.  Guevara played his role well and will be a good second to Jericho in the weeks to come.  The attack after the match, with Cody, MJF and The Bucks all hitting the scene made sense in that they were getting revenge for last week but that everyone survived to fight the "war" in the weeks to come.    I've seen a lot of comparisons to WCW Nitro for the Dynamite show and it's obvious there's a lot of inspiration from that time period in how the show is shot and presented - as a wrestling event that is unfolding live before our eyes - and it works, because most of the WWE presentation is this action-adventure show (sometimes a show within a show) and it's the difference between being at a stadium or watching something through a glass window.  AEW the last few weeks feels like an experience you are part of, while WWE's main roster feels like something you are just watching.  It will be interesting to see if WWE takes note of that and changes their pacing and production.

The AEW announcing last night also seemed to fall into an even better groove from the first episode.  Excalibur is very good in his role of giving exposition and explaining some of the mindset of the characters.  Tony Schiavone is a great connective tissue for the old NWA/TBS/TNT/WCW days, making comparisons like Adam Page and Barry Windham last night.  Jim Ross has sounded extremely motivated the last few weeks and it's been nice to hear he and Schiavone together again.  Their collective voices are enough to make someone flipping through stop and wonder what they've come across.

The middle of the show was solid but to me, the opening and the closing was what worked best.  To me, the middle was fine but nothing that was "you gotta run to see this ASAP!"

Darby Allin had a solid night as well, but perhaps putting him out there with Jimmy Havoc wasn't the best first impression for them to make on TV.  It could be that the crowd was coming down off the Jericho appearance, but there was a distinct drop in energy for the Havoc vs. Allin match as if the audience didn't know who to root for or who they really were.  Allin looked really good in his cameo at the end, skateboarding into an attack on Jericho, which was a cool visual.  If he gets to have a strong showing against Jericho (and if there is a follow-up on it, unlike his strong showing against Cody over the summer), AEW has a hell of an underdog babyface on their hands.

The women's tag was solid.  I think AEW needs to just let Bea Priestley and Britt Baker fight it out because there were some snug moments in that match.  Riho being so over with the Boston crowd showed that the joshi experiment is working thus far.  I was very surprised there was no follow-up promo or appearance from Nyla Rose after her attack on Riho and Michael Nakazawa last week.

The Jon Moxley-Shawn Spears match was fine.  Moxley seemed to have a ton of energy in the ring and looked a lot more alive than he had for the latter end of his WWE run.  Kenny Omega confronting him made sense, but after PAC laid out Omega, why would Moxley, who jumped Omega at Double or Nothing to start their feud, now walk away?  That's something that should be explained as should the Orange Cassidy character, as I am sure someone watching is wondering what in the world that was all about.

Still, some really strong stuff for AEW in week 2.  If they can hold onto most of their debut audience, they are well on their way to "changing the world" as the Elite have been pushing to do for years.

Last edited on Thu Oct 10th, 2019 05:05 pm by srossi

srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 49752
Status: 
Offline
The numbers are in for the second night of the Wednesday Night Wars and AEW has started their run 2-0.

Most new series see a drop from week one to week two and AEW is no exception as the show drew 1,018,000 viewers on TNT and another 122,000 on Tru TV (as the show was simulcast in case it was preempted for the MLB playoffs, which it wasn't).

Overall, they dropped from 269,000 viewers from week one to week two, while their number in the 18-49 demo dropped on TNT from 0.68 to 0.46. So in viewership, AEW was down 19% from its debut.

NXT on USA on USA was down as well as they dropped to a series low 790,000 viewers, down from last week's 891,000. They did a 0.22 rating in the people 18-49 demographic, down from last week's 0.32.

Overall, the audience, which did 2.4M combined last week, was down to 1,930,000 this week. That is a drop of 19.6%.

bpickering
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Tue Nov 13th, 2007
Location: Highspire, Pennsylvania USA
Posts: 17858
Status: 
Offline
Just got done watching the 2nd show of AEW. It was another good show but to me the NXT show was so much better.

I am a fan of Jim Ross, but he really needs to go.

Married Jo



Joined: Fri Dec 21st, 2007
Location: Hickory NC
Posts: 6773
Status: 
Online
srossi wrote: I absolutely LOVED this show. Better than last week. Almost perfect. These 2 hours fly by without fast forwarding unlike WWE where I fast forward through half the show and it still seems like a chore to get through.
THIS THIS THIS...THIS is IMO the best thing they have going for themselves right now, the 2 hours FLY by. Wed night I watched it, and I was at a hotel with no DVR, no FFWD through the commercials afterwards like I do at  home. So I decided to hang out in the hotel room to watch it before I went out. All of the sudden they're like "And now the main event" and Jericho is coming out to wrestle and I'm like "WTF?!?! IT'S ALMOST OVER?!? WOW..."
JUST Monday night I watched the first hour of Raw while doing some work in the home office. At 10:45 I go to bed and I pull Raw up on the DVR and start to scan through it at 4x speed to see if I've missed anything, I FFWD until almost the end of the show and it felt like HOURS just watching it on 4x speed...AEW is such a breath of fresh air...

srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 49752
Status: 
Offline
Married Jo wrote: srossi wrote: I absolutely LOVED this show. Better than last week. Almost perfect. These 2 hours fly by without fast forwarding unlike WWE where I fast forward through half the show and it still seems like a chore to get through.
THIS THIS THIS...THIS is IMO the best thing they have going for themselves right now, the 2 hours FLY by. Wed night I watched it, and I was at a hotel with no DVR, no FFWD through the commercials afterwards like I do at  home. So I decided to hang out in the hotel room to watch it before I went out. All of the sudden they're like "And now the main event" and Jericho is coming out to wrestle and I'm like "WTF?!?! IT'S ALMOST OVER?!? WOW..."
JUST Monday night I watched the first hour of Raw while doing some work in the home office. At 10:45 I go to bed and I pull Raw up on the DVR and start to scan through it at 4x speed to see if I've missed anything, I FFWD until almost the end of the show and it felt like HOURS just watching it on 4x speed...AEW is such a breath of fresh air...


WWE's pacing is hampered by endless replays, previews telling us what we will see, and recaps telling us what we already saw.  This is standard reality TV production for the short attention span audience.  Networks live Bravo and E! determined years ago that no one can pay attention for a full hour and need constant coddling, and WWE adopted this.  And their shows are 2-3 hours and not 1 hour, so they do it even more.  And it makes anyone with an IQ over 6 go absolutely crazy. 

Add to that a series of backstage vignettes and short promos that are completely worthless, and some really crap segments/matches that no one wants to see, and it leads to me usually watching a 3 hour Raw in about an hour on my DVR and still feeling like I watched it all 3 hours. 

It's a really big problem beyond booking, but one that is never even mentioned.  I think we're just too old and people younger than 30 just see this as normal.  But AEW, which has a younger demo (and are dominating WWE in the ratings in the 18-29 age group), have pacing that is sane and it's a breath of fresh air.

Last edited on Fri Oct 11th, 2019 06:10 pm by srossi

LarrySC



Joined: Mon Mar 21st, 2011
Location:  
Posts: 1624
Status: 
Offline
I kept thinking "Sheepherders/Bushwhackers" with him doing the tongue thing.

srossi wrote: 
We also got to see a little character building out of Ortiz, making old school bug-eyed faces out of 1970s The Sheik with his tongue hanging out.   That's the sort of little thing that make fans think something is off about that guy - and brings a little bit of fear to his aura.  I liked it.  Little things like that work the best.

Last edited on Fri Oct 11th, 2019 09:23 pm by LarrySC

srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 49752
Status: 
Offline
LarrySC wrote: I kept thinking "Sheepherders/Bushwhackers" with him doing the tongue thing.

srossi wrote: 
We also got to see a little character building out of Ortiz, making old school bug-eyed faces out of 1970s The Sheik with his tongue hanging out.   That's the sort of little thing that make fans think something is off about that guy - and brings a little bit of fear to his aura.  I liked it.  Little things like that work the best.

They need to change their individual names, and come up with a cool new tag team name.  Nothing sounds more generic that Ortiz and Santana. They're impossible to even Google.

Last edited on Fri Oct 11th, 2019 09:30 pm by srossi

srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 49752
Status: 
Offline
Bryan Alvarez says he talked to Jericho and Jericho said he pitched Jack Swagger to be his bodyguard 10 years ago and promised to get him over. Vince said no. Jericho was pissed and is finally going to do with Swagger some of the things he always wanted to. He’s been a big fan all this time and hated how WWE used him, which obviously came out in his promo. But this isn’t a random pairing, this is Jericho’s idea and AEW is giving talent the autonomy to do some of their own things.

Big Garea Fan

 

Joined: Wed Mar 4th, 2009
Location:  
Posts: 2737
Status: 
Online
srossi wrote: Bryan Alvarez says he talked to Jericho and Jericho said he pitched Jack Swagger to be his bodyguard 10 years ago...
Bring back Ralphus!

Last edited on Sat Oct 12th, 2019 05:33 pm by Big Garea Fan

Kriss
Citizen of nowhere


Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 6897
Status: 
Offline
2 hours of AEW, 2 hours of NXT, 1 hour of NWA Power and 1 hour of AEW Dark (in that order of preference). That's enough wrestling for me for one week. Maybe a few hours of classic stuff on the Network on in the background. If anything good happens on Raw or Smackdown, I can find later. I don't see any need to watch the whole shows. Anything else is off the radar now for me: NXT UK, 205 Live.... There are only so many hours in a day.

Last edited on Sat Oct 12th, 2019 07:09 pm by Kriss

srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 49752
Status: 
Offline
Kriss wrote: 2 hours of AEW, 2 hours of NXT, 1 hour of NWA Power and 1 hour of AEW Dark (in that order of preference). That's enough wrestling for me for one week. Maybe a few hours of classic stuff on the Network on in the background. If anything good happens on Raw or Smackdown, I can find later. I don't see any need to watch the whole shows. Anything else is off the radar now for me: NXT UK, 205 Live.... There are only so many hours in a day.
I gave up on NXT UK a while ago and haven’t seemed to miss anything. Moving Dunne to NXT was the death blow for me, and now I can even see WALTER on NXT. Why the fuck would anyone be watching guys like Kenny Williams at this point?  

205 Live is probably next to go for me. I hope they just cancel these shows and roll them all into NXT since it’s got an extra hour now. Yeah a lot of guys would need to be released and it sucks for them, but do 95% of WWE fans even know who Ariya Daivari or Mike Hitchman are?  The secondary rosters need to be trimmed and consolidated. 

Last edited on Sat Oct 12th, 2019 07:17 pm by srossi



UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems