WowBB Forums Home 
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > General Discussion > Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 2020 - Fan Vote So Far.

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi  
AuthorPost
WongLee
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Fri Oct 19th, 2007
Location: Bay Shore, New York
Posts: 7131
Status: 
Offline
Being that I started this thread I'll take the most overused line in history since Anno Domini became a thing. The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is a joke. Got it? Good. Now that that's out of the way. The Hall started letting the great unwashed vote a couple of years ago. I'm not sure how much effect it has on the final outcome. Kinda like the popular vote vs. Electoral College. Here are the top 8 so far. This is listed in order. I'm also not sure if they have even formally announced the candidates for 2020.

https://loudwire.com/motley-crue-blink-182-iron-maiden-lead-rock-hall-vote-your-choice/?trackback=fbshare_mobile


1) Motley Crue
2) Blink 182
3) Iron Maiden
4) Dave Matthews Band
5) Cher
6) Styx
7) Boston
8) Weezer

So what do you hillbilly retards think?

srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 49769
Status: 
Offline
Blink 182 is ahead of Iron Maiden and I hope Trump kills us all. We deserve it.

Last edited on Sat Oct 12th, 2019 02:36 am by srossi

WongLee
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Fri Oct 19th, 2007
Location: Bay Shore, New York
Posts: 7131
Status: 
Offline
I'm a born again Iron Maiden fan. I was never really a fan but I've been reevaluating their catalogue and boy is it awesome. Bruce said he won't show up if they make in.

Last edited on Sat Oct 12th, 2019 02:38 am by WongLee

srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 49769
Status: 
Offline
WongLee wrote: I'm a born again Iron Maiden fan. I was never really a fan but I've been reevaluating their catalogue and boy is it awesome. Bruce said he won't show up if they make in.
I’m fairly certain that only original singer Paul Di’Anno, who I assume would be included, would show up and that would be hilarious. Another reason to want them to go in. 

WongLee
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Fri Oct 19th, 2007
Location: Bay Shore, New York
Posts: 7131
Status: 
Offline
srossi wrote: WongLee wrote: I'm a born again Iron Maiden fan. I was never really a fan but I've been reevaluating their catalogue and boy is it awesome. Bruce said he won't show up if they make in.
I’m fairly certain that only original singer Paul Di’Anno, who I assume would be included, would show up and that would be hilarious. Another reason to want them to go in.
That would be funny. However, Di'Anno has been this close to deaths door for a couple of years now. He's actually confined to a wheelchair.

srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 49769
Status: 
Offline
WongLee wrote: srossi wrote: WongLee wrote: I'm a born again Iron Maiden fan. I was never really a fan but I've been reevaluating their catalogue and boy is it awesome. Bruce said he won't show up if they make in.
I’m fairly certain that only original singer Paul Di’Anno, who I assume would be included, would show up and that would be hilarious. Another reason to want them to go in.
That would be funny. However, Di'Anno has been this close to deaths door for a couple of years now. He's actually confined to a wheelchair.

Yeah I know. I saw him on one of his last tours and he wasn’t moving well at all. Then a fan tried to crowd surf and someone almost knocked him down and he went ballistic on security. Still sounded OK.  Maiden definitely made the right move in replacing him early though. The band would’ve been over 20 years ago instead of selling out arenas with Di’Anno. But the first 2 albums are classics so he has to be included in the HOF with the band. Blaze Bayley I’m sure will not be. 

Heenan Fan



Joined: Wed Oct 19th, 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 2104
Status: 
Offline
Motley Crue should be in on Too Fast For Love and Shout At The Devil alone. Both great albums to this day. Unfortunately, it was mostly down hill after that. The Crue fuckin' drew. Nobody can deny that!



Last edited on Sat Oct 12th, 2019 04:36 am by Heenan Fan

WongLee
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Fri Oct 19th, 2007
Location: Bay Shore, New York
Posts: 7131
Status: 
Offline
Heenan Fan wrote: Motley Crue should be in on Too Fast For Love and Shout At The Devil alone. Both great albums to this day. Unfortunately, it was mostly down hill after that. The Crue fuckin' drew. Nobody can deny that!



Dr. Feelgood and Girls, Girls, Girls are both fantastic albums also. They had their sound and songwriting perfected here. A sleeper album is the one with Corabi. Many moments of brilliance on there too.

Heenan Fan



Joined: Wed Oct 19th, 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 2104
Status: 
Offline
I loved the Dr. Feelgood album at the time. I mean every song on the album got radio play and it was a huge hit. But just 10 years later, it just seemed like a glorified pop album to me. It hasn't aged well with me. As far as the Girls album goes, I'll admit that Wild Side and You're All I Need are two of my favorite songs of the 1980's. I also loved Primal Scream from Decade Of Decadence. Truth is, Crue should of been in 20 years ago.

Heenan Fan



Joined: Wed Oct 19th, 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 2104
Status: 
Offline
I honestly believe that the only reason Crue aren't in already is due to the ignorant belief that they were devil worshipers. Well they aren't and never were. They did the gimmick for the Shout At The Devil album, which was an anti-satan album and to this day I still here Motley Crue getting buried for being Satanists. Absolutely ridiculous.

WongLee
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Fri Oct 19th, 2007
Location: Bay Shore, New York
Posts: 7131
Status: 
Offline
Hey if you watch enough YouTube videos like I do, they're ALL Satan worshipers. That's up to and including Steve and Eydie as well as the satanic Andrews Sisters.

carpetbeggar
The Ayatollah Of Rock And Rolla


Joined: Sun Oct 21st, 2007
Location: Dangling From A Rope Of...CONFETTI!!!
Posts: 11774
Status: 
Online
No love here for "Theatre Of Pain"?


I think the album is good, but I also think Twisted Sister's "Come Out And Play" and The Rolling Stones "Undercover" are classic albums as well, so what do I know? ;-)

srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 49769
Status: 
Offline
The fan vote was completely ignored and this is what we wound up with:

Dave Matthews Band

Soundgarden

the Doobie Brothers

Thin Lizzy

Whitney Houston

Motörhead

The Notorious B.I.G.

Pat Benatar

Nine Inch Nails

Depeche Mode

Kraftwerk

MC5

Rufus featuring Chaka Khan

Judas Priest

Todd Rundgren

Angelic Assassin



Joined: Mon Dec 27th, 2010
Location: Driving Through Philly, Home Of Losers., Pennsylvania USA
Posts: 6064
Status: 
Offline
Doesn't the fan vote go till January sometime? Hopefully this isn't the final list.

Angelic Assassin



Joined: Mon Dec 27th, 2010
Location: Driving Through Philly, Home Of Losers., Pennsylvania USA
Posts: 6064
Status: 
Offline
Angelic Assassin wrote: Doesn't the fan vote go till January sometime? Hopefully this isn't the final list.
Nevermind. I let Google be my friend . What a crap list.
My 6 I guess would be:
Doobie Brothers
Depeche Mode
Motor head
Thin Lizzy
Judas Priest
Pat Benatar

Erick Von Erich

 

Joined: Thu Mar 26th, 2015
Location: Texas USA
Posts: 570
Status: 
Offline
carpetbeggar wrote: No love here for "Theatre Of Pain"?


I think the album is good, but I also think Twisted Sister's "Come Out And Play" and The Rolling Stones "Undercover" are classic albums as well, so what do I know? ;-)

As an album, it's kinda' subpar... but it has "Home Sweet Home", which is THE greatest metal "power ballad" ever. And I'm not even a big Crue fan. It's 80's as hell, but that is a great song.

Maiden should definitely be in. I always bring up a Sunday morning in 1982, when I was watching TV and stumbled onto the video to "Run to the Hills", and about 30 minutes later, AWA Wrestling. My life was forever changed. No exaggeration.


I'll go out on a limb and voice support for Cher. My mom and wife dragged me to her Vegas show, two years ago...and I have to say it had the best sound, production, and theatrics I've ever seen. Sure, that's because it was a semi-permanent venue, but I was not bored and impressed with that old broad.

Plus, she did a song with Beavis & Butt-head. Or as they would say: "uhhh... huh huh, we did a three-way with Cher. Huh huh. That was cool".

I would not drive around cranking her tunes, but I have no issues with Cher being inducted. Would "Sonny & Cher" be a completely different act and subject to their own induction?

Spatulapup

 

Joined: Mon Nov 22nd, 2010
Location:  
Posts: 1955
Status: 
Offline
they have run out of real legends to put in there.  the list gets worse every year.

WongLee
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Fri Oct 19th, 2007
Location: Bay Shore, New York
Posts: 7131
Status: 
Offline
Ok so they just announced the actual candidates today.
  • Pat Benatar
  • Dave Matthews Band
  • Depeche Mode
  • The Doobie Brothers
  • Whitney Houston
  • Judas Priest
  • Kraftwerk
  • MC5
  • Motörhead
  • Nine Inch Nails
  • The Notorious B.I.G.
  • Rufus featuring Chaka Khan
  • Todd Rundgren
  • Soundgarden
  • T.Rex
  • Thin Lizzy
To me, Thin Lizzy tops this list. Followed by Motorhead and Todd Rundgren. With Todd it's more for his producing. Lizzy for their incredible array of studio albums. Motorhead for longevity and unique sound.
An honorable mention goes to Rufus and Chaka Khan who was one of the very best bands I've seen live.

krazykid18
The Prophet and The New POTY
 

Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 1803
Status: 
Offline
So i am going to try to get Whitney Houston, Notorious BIG, Rufus and Kraftwerk(just because they have one of my favorite sample Man Machine)

tamalie
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Mon Oct 22nd, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 4465
Status: 
Offline
The question of who gets in with certain groups and who does not has been a real problem for some fans, artists, and music media over the years because there is a lack of consistency and transparency in how the decisions are made.

- In the early days of the HOF, Ian Stewart went in along with Jagger, Richards, Watts, Wyman, Jones, Taylor, and Wood. I have no idea about the politics, but assume Jagger and Richards played hard ball and the HOF at a point when it was just a banquet event in New York and there wasn't a physical hall of fame went along with it to ensure they'd show up.

- The Supremes went in with only the original Diana Ross, Mary Wilson, and Florence Ballard trio. Cyndi Birdsong was excluded.

- When The Beach Boys went in, Bruce Johnston was left out.

- For KISS, it was only Gene, Paul, Ace, and Peter. I get that on a certain level as that was their peak fame era and that is the body of work on the basis of which they're popularity and induction were built. However, it seemed a bit unfair to post makeup guys like Kulick, Carr, and Singer.

- Nirvana went in with Cobain, Novoselic, and Grohl, but the guy who drummed on "Bleach", Chad Canning, got left out. Compare that to some other groups in which original members got in while better known later members did not.

- To stretch from that point, Pearl Jam went in with Vedder, McCready, Gossard, Ament, drummer since the late 1990s Matt Cameron, and Dave Krusen who drummed on "Ten" yet Dave Abbruzzese who drummed on "Vs." and "Vitalogy" and who toured "Ten" was left out in what he rightfully considered a massive insult. He didn't leave the band on good terms and Eddie Vedder was quick to say his exclusion in this case was not of the band's doing at all. Krusen was astonished to be included and even more so that his immediate successor was left on the outside.

- However Red Hot Chili Peppers went in with Keidis, Flea, Smith, and Frusciante plus Slovak, Jack Irons (who drummed for Pearl Jam between Abbruzzese and Cameron and was also omitted), founding drummer Cliff Martinez, and, to the confusion and outrage of many, Josh Klinghoffer who replaced Frusciante in 2009 which was long after the band's creative, commercial, and cultural relevance peaks.

- Bon Jovi went in with the five core members plus Hugh McDonald who as a studio sideman and touring member replaced Such after he left, but didn't become an official member until a few ago.

It has been said more than once in the past several years that the HOF decides who gets in and who doesn't when bands have high membership turnover with being an original member and/or being on the key album or single being the decider. However, when that doesn't get applied across the board, it undermines the credibility of an institution that you can argue is on shaky ground in this regard in the first place.

Last edited on Wed Oct 16th, 2019 05:55 pm by tamalie

srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 49769
Status: 
Offline
Since he’ll never get in on his own, Ronnie James Dio not being inducted with Black Sabbath was a huge slap in the face to a legend. Although they were almost like 2 separate bands with Ozzy and with Dio, the Dio era was also a critical and commercial success even if they weren’t as influential as those early Sabbath albums.  There are certainly other bands that had two completely difference sounds with different members, most notably Fleetwood Mac, which started as a legit blues band but is best known as a pop vehicle for Stevie Nicks. Just about everyone was inducted. 

Last edited on Wed Oct 16th, 2019 06:09 pm by srossi

WongLee
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Fri Oct 19th, 2007
Location: Bay Shore, New York
Posts: 7131
Status: 
Offline
Rock & Roll is hard.


They've already said Motorhead would only be Lemmy, Clarke, and Taylor.


Thin Lizzy would be a real clusterfuck. Should Eric Bell get in? Hell to the yeah IMO. Gary Moore, Robo, Snowy White, John Sykes, Darren Wharton, and Midge Ure all put in time with the band and made significant contributions.


The Doobie Brothers lineup probably numbers in the hundreds.

srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 49769
Status: 
Offline
WongLee wrote: Rock & Roll is hard.


They've already said Motorhead would only be Lemmy, Clarke, and Taylor

Phil Campbell has only been in the band since 1984. What did he ever do?  Absolutely ridiculous. The problem is that those assholes know nothing about metal, and don’t want to learn, so they determine their highest honor by going on Wikipedia for 12 minutes. They’d never disrespect a funk band like that. 

Last edited on Wed Oct 16th, 2019 10:28 pm by srossi

WongLee
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Fri Oct 19th, 2007
Location: Bay Shore, New York
Posts: 7131
Status: 
Offline
srossi wrote: WongLee wrote: Rock & Roll is hard.


They've already said Motorhead would only be Lemmy, Clarke, and Taylor

Phil Campbell has only been in the band since 1984. What did he ever do?  Absolutely ridiculous. The problem is that those assholes know nothing about metal, and don’t want to learn, so they determine their highest honor by going on Wikipedia for 12 minutes. They’d never disrespect a funk band like that.
Mikey Dee was in over twenty years also. But all accounts he basically ran the band the whole time he was in it.

srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 49769
Status: 
Offline
WongLee wrote: srossi wrote: WongLee wrote: Rock & Roll is hard.


They've already said Motorhead would only be Lemmy, Clarke, and Taylor

Phil Campbell has only been in the band since 1984. What did he ever do?  Absolutely ridiculous. The problem is that those assholes know nothing about metal, and don’t want to learn, so they determine their highest honor by going on Wikipedia for 12 minutes. They’d never disrespect a funk band like that.
Mikey Dee was in over twenty years also. But all accounts he basically ran the band the whole time he was in it.

I love Mikky Dee but Campbell made him look like a junior member. They both belong obviously. But I doubt Motorhead will even be inducted so it’s a moot point. I really wish they could’ve gotten it with Lemmy alive so he could’ve told them all to go fuck themselves. That’s why they never nominated them before I guess. 

Erick Von Erich

 

Joined: Thu Mar 26th, 2015
Location: Texas USA
Posts: 570
Status: 
Offline
Tom Morello's been on the R&R HOF committee for awhile and he's been part of the reason more metal acts have shown up in recent years. Say what you want about Morello, but he gets hard rock and metal.

Motorhead's been pretty much Lemmy/Campbell/Dee since 1992. For awhile in the late 80's, it seemed like it was just Lemmy and whoever he was drinking with, but the lineup really solidified once it became Lemmy/Campbell/Dee.

I think all members of an inducted band should at least be acknowledged. Sure, everyone knows the stars on the Superbowl Champs, but the backups and scrubs also got rings.

Get the iconic or "prime" members to show up to play two songs...but make sure you have the entire band on the actual plaque.

I went to the HOF in 2004. It's worth the visit, but felt more like a traveling "history of American music" exhbit to me. At the time, I didn't see an actual "hall" with busts and plaques, a la Cooperstown and Canton. They may have added one... anyone know?

srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 49769
Status: 
Offline
I was there in 2011 or so and they had a room with plaques or something, but it was nothing as substantial as Cooperstown. That’s still a huge area of weakness for the museum.

Infamous
必 勝


Joined: Mon Oct 25th, 2010
Location: Slums Of Shaolin
Posts: 2505
Status: 
Offline
Erick Von Erich wrote: I went to the HOF in 2004. It's worth the visit, but felt more like a traveling "history of American music" exhbit to me. At the time, I didn't see an actual "hall" with busts and plaques, a la Cooperstown and Canton. They may have added one... anyone know?
I was at the R&R HOF about a month ago for the 1st time from opening to close. There was a room on the upper floor with all(?) the inductees listed under year they were inducted on simple wall plaques. It was interactive with headphones & media screens 

tamalie
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Mon Oct 22nd, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 4465
Status: 
Offline
I was thinking again and it hit me that the HOF put Klinghoffer in with the Red Hot Chili Peppers when he had one album under his belt and has only a second to date, but Dave Navaro is not in with the band despite his one album with them being a better seller, better received critically, and coming at or near their peak of popularity and relevance.

Big Garea Fan

 

Joined: Wed Mar 4th, 2009
Location:  
Posts: 2737
Status: 
Offline
WongLee wrote: ...The Doobie Brothers lineup probably numbers in the hundreds.
The Doobies get my vote just so that Michael McDonald gets in the HOF. One of the greatest voices in soul music ever.

srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 49769
Status: 
Offline
srossi wrote: WongLee wrote: srossi wrote: WongLee wrote: Rock & Roll is hard.


They've already said Motorhead would only be Lemmy, Clarke, and Taylor

Phil Campbell has only been in the band since 1984. What did he ever do?  Absolutely ridiculous. The problem is that those assholes know nothing about metal, and don’t want to learn, so they determine their highest honor by going on Wikipedia for 12 minutes. They’d never disrespect a funk band like that.
Mikey Dee was in over twenty years also. But all accounts he basically ran the band the whole time he was in it.

I love Mikky Dee but Campbell made him look like a junior member. They both belong obviously. But I doubt Motorhead will even be inducted so it’s a moot point. I really wish they could’ve gotten it with Lemmy alive so he could’ve told them all to go fuck themselves. That’s why they never nominated them before I guess. 

According to Slash (a reliable source if there ever was one), the HOF admitted they fucked up and added Phil and Mikkey. 

Last edited on Sun Oct 20th, 2019 02:49 am by srossi

WongLee
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Fri Oct 19th, 2007
Location: Bay Shore, New York
Posts: 7131
Status: 
Offline
srossi wrote: srossi wrote: WongLee wrote: srossi wrote: WongLee wrote: Rock & Roll is hard.


They've already said Motorhead would only be Lemmy, Clarke, and Taylor

Phil Campbell has only been in the band since 1984. What did he ever do?  Absolutely ridiculous. The problem is that those assholes know nothing about metal, and don’t want to learn, so they determine their highest honor by going on Wikipedia for 12 minutes. They’d never disrespect a funk band like that.
Mikey Dee was in over twenty years also. But all accounts he basically ran the band the whole time he was in it.

I love Mikky Dee but Campbell made him look like a junior member. They both belong obviously. But I doubt Motorhead will even be inducted so it’s a moot point. I really wish they could’ve gotten it with Lemmy alive so he could’ve told them all to go fuck themselves. That’s why they never nominated them before I guess. 

According to Slash (a reliable source if there ever was one), the HOF admitted they fucked up and added Phil and Mikkey.
God bless the R&R HOF

The Doc



Joined: Mon Apr 8th, 2019
Location:  
Posts: 102
Status: 
Offline
Nice to see Thin Lizzy get a nomination. So much more than their 2 radio songs.

lobo316



Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Raptorville
Posts: 43545
Status: 
Offline
Still no Chubby Checker in the HOF :?



UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems