WowBB Forums Home 

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi  
AuthorPost
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 49769
Status: 
Offline
Jeremy Renner, who has played Hawkeye in all the MCU movies, may lose his job after allegations by his ex-wife that he has threatened to kill himself and her during drinking and cocaine binges. A nanny has confirmed the ex’s account of Renner’s erratic behavior while under the influence and the ex has filed for sole custody of their daughter. Renner has denied that he has a substance abuse issue and has ever threatened his ex, but he doesn’t have much support from the studio. 

WongLee
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Fri Oct 19th, 2007
Location: Bay Shore, New York
Posts: 7131
Status: 
Offline
Such bullshit. Can you name one person you know who HASN'T threatened to kill himself and his wife during an alcohol and cocaine binge? I sure can't.

Heenan Fan



Joined: Wed Oct 19th, 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 2104
Status: 
Offline
What's the whole point of getting hopped up on liquor and cocaine, and not threatening someone by the end of the night?

Heenan Fan



Joined: Wed Oct 19th, 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 2104
Status: 
Offline
Who's gonna play Trapper?

Married Jo



Joined: Fri Dec 21st, 2007
Location: Hickory NC
Posts: 6773
Status: 
Online
Heenan Fan wrote: Who's gonna play Trapper?Nobody, they're gonna fuck it up and bring in BJ who'll do nothing but cry and whine over the next Marvel phase about missing Peg and Erin...

WongLee
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Fri Oct 19th, 2007
Location: Bay Shore, New York
Posts: 7131
Status: 
Offline
Married Jo wrote: Heenan Fan wrote: Who's gonna play Trapper?Nobody, they're gonna fuck it up and bring in BJ who'll do nothing but cry and whine over the next Marvel phase about missing Peg and Erin...Ugh...that shit was the worst....Thanks Obama.

tamalie
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Mon Oct 22nd, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 4465
Status: 
Online
Why would they even bother with a Hawkeye recast? The character was so much the stepchild of The Avengers that I often wondered why they even bothered to use the character at all. If they don't want to use Jeremy Renner anymore, the character seemed to get a decent send off in the most recent movie.

srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 49769
Status: 
Offline
tamalie wrote: Why would they even bother with a Hawkeye recast? The character was so much the stepchild of The Avengers that I often wondered why they even bothered to use the character at all. If they don't want to use Jeremy Renner anymore, the character seemed to get a decent send off in the most recent movie.
Goo point.  I checked and pre-production has started on Black Widow and Hawkeye doesn't appear to be in it.

Vintage Wrestling



Joined: Wed Jan 30th, 2008
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 1030
Status: 
Offline
It’s really amazing how some accusations can cause so much damage to someone’s career nowadays.

Heenan Fan



Joined: Wed Oct 19th, 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 2104
Status: 
Offline
Married Jo wrote: Heenan Fan wrote: Who's gonna play Trapper?Nobody, they're gonna fuck it up and bring in BJ who'll do nothing but cry and whine over the next Marvel phase about missing Peg and Erin...Beej is a F'N pussy. ;)

gwlee7



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 5316
Status: 
Offline
The best MCUs were the ones that had Henry Blake in them.

Last edited on Tue Oct 22nd, 2019 10:47 pm by gwlee7

bpickering
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Tue Nov 13th, 2007
Location: Highspire, Pennsylvania USA
Posts: 17862
Status: 
Offline
srossi wrote: tamalie wrote: Why would they even bother with a Hawkeye recast? The character was so much the stepchild of The Avengers that I often wondered why they even bothered to use the character at all. If they don't want to use Jeremy Renner anymore, the character seemed to get a decent send off in the most recent movie.
Goo point.  I checked and pre-production has started on Black Widow and Hawkeye doesn't appear to be in it.

Movie is in Post Production just ended Shooting.   Movie takes place after Capt America Civil war so Hawkeye is in Jail or on House arrest during the Movie.    

If anything he would be recast for the  Hawkeye Disney+ Show that to air in 2021. 

Erick Von Erich

 

Joined: Thu Mar 26th, 2015
Location: Texas USA
Posts: 570
Status: 
Offline
Hawkeye's inclusion in the MCU (thus far) has pretty much been fan-service. Hawkeye, in the comics, has been with the Avengers (on and off) since 1965/issue 16, so there's always been a sense that he's an "essential" Avenger. Which is fair, because without Avengers, there's no Hawkeye (as a hero... you can nitpick about his initial run as a villain in "Tales of Suspense"). Although MCU Hawkeye is much closer to the "Ultimates" version of Hawkeye, circa 2001-2005.

A re-cast for the Disney + series would be okay. The Ed Norton to Mark Ruffalo transition went well. If it doesn't work, I'm sure they can always go back and DIGITIZE the new actor to look like Renner. Like Nick Fury's de-aging in "Captain Marvel" or.... Superman's mustache in "Justice League".

There was a brief moment during the "Dark Reign" storyline, where Marvel creators decided to have Hawkeye/Ronin look like "Sawyer from LOST". So there ya' go... if a re-cast is necessary, get that guy.

martini
Sunny's White Knight


Joined: Fri Aug 13th, 2010
Location:  
Posts: 3898
Status: 
Offline
Like legitimately, can we get these accounts confirmed before we chop the guy's head off? For all we know, the many could be in cahoots with the ex.



UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems