WowBB Forums Home 

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi  
AuthorPost
Portalesman
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 7756
Status: 
Offline
I dont get it.  Its not entertaining. 

srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 49739
Status: 
Offline
I was disappointed. I never read the comic.  The movie is one of my favorites of all-time. I was underwhelmed by episode 1 but still giving it a chance. But no, I was not entertained.

Last edited on Tue Oct 22nd, 2019 02:00 pm by srossi

Married Jo



Joined: Fri Dec 21st, 2007
Location: Hickory NC
Posts: 6773
Status: 
Offline
I recorded it to watch this week and then last night I deleted it without even attempting to watch it, I just won't get sucked into a new HBO show. HBO has sort of lost me on Westworld waiting so long for the new season, Silicon Valley is ending along with The Deuce, I think once I see the new SV and the new season of Curb early next year I'm canceling HBO for good. I will have to find a way to see the 2nd season of The Righteous Gemstones when it hits next year but other than that..

srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 49739
Status: 
Offline
Married Jo wrote: I recorded it to watch this week and then last night I deleted it without even attempting to watch it, I just won't get sucked into a new HBO show. HBO has sort of lost me on Westworld waiting so long for the new season, Silicon Valley is ending along with The Deuce, I think once I see the new SV and the new season of Curb early next year I'm canceling HBO for good. I will have to find a way to see the 2nd season of The Righteous Gemstones when it hits next year but other than that..
I almost gave up on The Righteous Gemstones 2 episodes in but stuck it out.  I wouldn't go out of my way to see it though.  All of his shows are EXACTLY the same, and none have been as good as Eastbound and Down.

Married Jo



Joined: Fri Dec 21st, 2007
Location: Hickory NC
Posts: 6773
Status: 
Offline
that's why I love them, they're all the same..I thought Righteous Gemstones was better than Vice Principals. I'll watch McBride sit and read the phone book for an hour, he can do no wrong with me..

srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 49739
Status: 
Offline
Married Jo wrote: that's why I love them, they're all the same..I thought Righteous Gemstones was better than Vice Principals. I'll watch McBride sit and read the phone book for an hour, he can do no wrong with me..
Vice Principals was an abomination so that’s a low bar. 

Married Jo



Joined: Fri Dec 21st, 2007
Location: Hickory NC
Posts: 6773
Status: 
Offline
you're crazy, that show ruled..

khawk
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 15775
Status: 
Offline
Gemstones wasn't as funny as I thought it would be, but it was still a good series. John Goodman as the father was a character that surprised me, their take on the family patriarch was one I didn't see coming and the show was better for it.

Married Jo



Joined: Fri Dec 21st, 2007
Location: Hickory NC
Posts: 6773
Status: 
Offline
khawk wrote: Gemstones wasn't as funny as I thought it would be, but it was still a good series. John Goodman as the father was a character that surprised me, their take on the family patriarch was one I didn't see coming and the show was better for it.
Him sitting at home alone watching videos of his late wife really hit home with me, I've lived those scenes, they were really well done..

Portalesman
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 7756
Status: 
Offline
Currently watching gemtones and am kinda really liking the Misbehavin' song. If you havent heard it, I recommend that you youtube it. Its really good.



UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems