WowBB Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Pro Wrestling > WWE and ROH in Negotiations to Work Together

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
WWE and ROH in Negotiations to Work Together  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sun Dec 1st, 2019 06:53 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 49769
Status: 
Offline
WWE has tons of disgruntled talent. ROH is having their worst year in a decade. According to the Ovserver, the two sides are looking at a mutually beneficial arrangement that would begin with WWE loaning Oney Lorcan and Mike Kannelis, who have both demanded releases, to ROH while still remaining under WWE contract. This would placate the talent and prevent them from going to AEW, while also aiding ROH’s incredibly stale product at no expense to them. If the two sides can reach an agreement on this, it could open the door to more dealings in the future.

Last edited on Sun Dec 1st, 2019 06:55 pm by srossi



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sun Dec 1st, 2019 07:01 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Boz1515



Joined: Sat May 26th, 2012
Location:  
Posts: 1633
Status: 
Online
This should be interesting.  WWE simply has too many people.  They already have too many hours of programming and they still can't get everyone on in a meaningful way.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sun Dec 1st, 2019 07:32 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Superstar
Reigning Defending POTY


Joined: Thu Jan 31st, 2008
Location: Truth Or Consequences, New Mexico USA
Posts: 5739
Status: 
Offline
This will somehow end up with ROH owing WWE something, and WWE will end up with rights to their tape library in some way/shape/form. Whether it be for the Network or for the biographical shows they make, you’ll get to see Bryan Danielson vs Samoa Joe, etc. in the same section as you see their WWE matches. Make no mistake about it, WWE will be the ones that profit from this long run.



____________________
"Jack Brisco grabbed my testicles once but I told him "Brisco, you have exactly 15 minutes to get your hands off my balls"." -WongLee 7/22/2017
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Mon Dec 2nd, 2019 07:27 am
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
victhestick



Joined: Mon Apr 27th, 2009
Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA
Posts: 2432
Status: 
Offline
Superstar wrote: This will somehow end up with ROH owing WWE something, and WWE will end up with rights to their tape library in some way/shape/form. Whether it be for the Network or for the biographical shows they make, you’ll get to see Bryan Danielson vs Samoa Joe, etc. in the same section as you see their WWE matches. Make no mistake about it, WWE will be the ones that profit from this long run.

ROH has more to gain upfront because their roster is stale right now, and going to be losing some pieces such as Marty Scurll and eventually Flip Gordon. This can give them a shot in the arm, and gives guys under WWE contracts a place to be seen on a higher place on the card than they presently have. 



____________________
If it's and buts were candy and nuts, Americans would be even fatter.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Mon Dec 2nd, 2019 10:55 am
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
martini
Sunny's White Knight


Joined: Fri Aug 13th, 2010
Location:  
Posts: 3898
Status: 
Offline
Superstar wrote: This will somehow end up with WWE owing ROH.
Fixed.



____________________
Shaken, but not stirred.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Mon Dec 2nd, 2019 02:27 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
krazykid18
The Prophet and The New POTY
 

Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 1803
Status: 
Online
Can somebody explain why are they so afraid of AEW, after watching AEW for three months i don't see them taking over WWE with the combined roster of people who want to leave WWE and the roster AEW has now.

Less wrestlers can help WWE out by trimming the fat off their roster.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Mon Dec 2nd, 2019 02:28 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 49769
Status: 
Offline
For ROH I think it's almost a no-brainer that you make any deal even semi-reasonable.  The bottom line is they have an incredibly stale product, huge HR/PR issues, a broken relationship with NJPW meaning that top outside talent is rarely/never coming back, and little chance of signing much of the top indy talent anymore when just 3 years ago they were pretty much the only game in town for top indy talent.  They are pretty fucked.  It's hard to believe that MSG show was just 8 months ago.  The thought of them running a big venue now is laughable. 

They don't have much to offer WWE except the library, so that's the only play here.  Vince is going to frame this as him doing them a favor, even though this certainly helps him too in keeping so many disgruntled talents happy.  He could even send Luke Harper and Cedric Alexander back there.  The possibilities are endless to cycle guys between what is essentially another brand to get talent happy and working in top spots while not having to deal with any of the logistical stuff of actually running the shows.  So yeah, WWE needs this too, but clearly not as much as ROH needs WWE.   

Of course, WWE could avoid all of these headaches completely if they just let talent go that wanted to go and let the market speak.  Some would wind up back in ROH anyway, and ROH would have to pay their salaries.  Sure a few would go to AEW, but AEW can't support a much larger roster and what difference would most of those guys make in the ratings anyway?  It's funny how Vince sees absolutely nothing in someone like Harper but is terrified that AEW will give him a big push.  If you think he sucks, let them!

Last edited on Mon Dec 2nd, 2019 02:32 pm by srossi



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Mon Dec 2nd, 2019 02:31 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
Blazer
Mr Monday Night!


Joined: Sun Sep 4th, 2011
Location:  
Posts: 6084
Status: 
Offline
martini wrote: Superstar wrote: This will somehow end up with WWE owing ROH.
Fixed.

Owing or did you mean owning?

Last edited on Tue Dec 3rd, 2019 06:08 am by Blazer



____________________
"Well, maybe I like the nightlife just a little bit more than I like the damn gym, jack! And when you're makin' $500,000 a year, there ain't no reason to change what you're doing." - Dusty Rhodes, 1/4/1986
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Mon Dec 2nd, 2019 02:44 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 49769
Status: 
Offline
krazykid18 wrote: Can somebody explain why are they so afraid of AEW, after watching AEW for three months i don't see them taking over WWE with the combined roster of people who want to leave WWE and the roster AEW has now.

Less wrestlers can help WWE out by trimming the fat off their roster.

I agree.  I don't think WWE is afraid per se, but I think Vince likes to get into combat mode and wants to starve them out by making sure they don't get any of his talent.  I agree with you though that WWE cutting guys would be addition by subtraction and would help his own company.  Vince needs to worry more about WWE and less about AEW.   



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Mon Dec 2nd, 2019 02:55 pm
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
Kriss
Citizen of nowhere


Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 6907
Status: 
Offline
Would ROH's masters at Sinclair be happy about this?

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Mon Dec 2nd, 2019 11:45 pm
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
carpetbeggar
The Ayatollah Of Rock And Rolla


Joined: Sun Oct 21st, 2007
Location: Dangling From A Rope Of...CONFETTI!!!
Posts: 11774
Status: 
Online
I just heard that PCO's contract with ROH ended on December 1rst. Has anyone here heard any scuttlebutt on if he re-signed, is a free agent, or anything about his future plans?


I would imagine this will be his last chance to make some big money before he retires. The way things are now and the way he reinvented himself the last few years, I would say that he will make the most money he ever has in a year in 2020. This is the perfect time for a fairly well known wrestler's contract to end.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Dec 3rd, 2019 12:00 am
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 49769
Status: 
Offline
PCO is in the main event of Final Battle for the title. If he re-signs, I imagine he’s a lock to win the title. He’s ROH’s hottest act, which is ironic since he’s the most un-ROH guy ever. I just don’t know where else he would go. He’s not really a candidate for WWE/NXT and I can’t see him in AEW either.



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Dec 3rd, 2019 12:48 am
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
Superstar
Reigning Defending POTY


Joined: Thu Jan 31st, 2008
Location: Truth Or Consequences, New Mexico USA
Posts: 5739
Status: 
Offline
srossi wrote: PCO is in the main event of Final Battle for the title. If he re-signs, I imagine he’s a lock to win the title. He’s ROH’s hottest act, which is ironic since he’s the most un-ROH guy ever. I just don’t know where else he would go. He’s not really a candidate for WWE/NXT and I can’t see him in AEW either.Didn’t he also burn a few decent indies immediately after he signed with ROH?  I remember him saying he wasn’t going to risk a “real” payday by getting hurt on an Indy show.



____________________
"Jack Brisco grabbed my testicles once but I told him "Brisco, you have exactly 15 minutes to get your hands off my balls"." -WongLee 7/22/2017
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Dec 3rd, 2019 12:52 am
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 49769
Status: 
Offline
Superstar wrote: srossi wrote: PCO is in the main event of Final Battle for the title. If he re-signs, I imagine he’s a lock to win the title. He’s ROH’s hottest act, which is ironic since he’s the most un-ROH guy ever. I just don’t know where else he would go. He’s not really a candidate for WWE/NXT and I can’t see him in AEW either.Didn’t he also burn a few decent indies immediately after he signed with ROH?  I remember him saying he wasn’t going to risk a “real” payday by getting hurt on an Indy show.
Yes, he definitely did that. 



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Dec 3rd, 2019 01:00 am
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
Superstar
Reigning Defending POTY


Joined: Thu Jan 31st, 2008
Location: Truth Or Consequences, New Mexico USA
Posts: 5739
Status: 
Offline
carpetbeggar wrote: I would imagine this will be his last chance to make some big money before he retires. The way things are now and the way he reinvented himself the last few years, I would say that he will make the most money he ever has in a year in 2020. This is the perfect time for a fairly well known wrestler's contract to end.It’s possible, but I would imagine that when he came to the WWF in his first go round that he made a good deal of money as a tag champ with Jacques Rougeau.  But with that said, he got in after all of the “Hogan money” was gone...so maybe he didn’t make much at all.  He also did an almost two year run in WCW when Bischoff was paying people to not work for the WWF, he then returned to the WWF in the late ‘90s after the “Stone Cold” money started to flow freely.  So even though now he’s in his 50s, you may be right about a big money run - and I think it could be in AEW.  They don’t mind pushing older talent, and it would give Jericho a fresh feud.  And Jericho would probably care about it too.



____________________
"Jack Brisco grabbed my testicles once but I told him "Brisco, you have exactly 15 minutes to get your hands off my balls"." -WongLee 7/22/2017
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Current time is 01:46 am Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page    
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Pro Wrestling > WWE and ROH in Negotiations to Work Together Top




UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems