WowBB Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Pro Wrestling > Ken Shamrock Still Pretty Damn Dangerous

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Ken Shamrock Still Pretty Damn Dangerous  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Tue Jan 14th, 2020 02:59 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 53317
Status: 
Offline
The opening match at Hard to Kill between Ken Shamrock and Madman Fulton had to end prematurely and with the wrong winner.  Shamrock legit ripped Fulton's shoulder out of its socket while transitioning from a kimura to another move.   I'm not sure how that happens, but it did.  Fulton screamed like he was shot and Shamrock immediately jumped up and seemed apologetic. The cameras got a nice close-up of the dislocated shoulder.  The mics picked up Shamrock trying to talk Fulton out of continuing, but Fulton insisted on going on.  The match ended very quickly after that with Fulton throwing some punches with his dead arm hanging down and Shamrock locking in another brutal armbar and making Fulton tap.  It looked pretty damn good actually, and Meltzer says the finish was ad-libbed.  Fulton was supposed to win, but they called it on the fly and went a different direction since Fulton couldn't use one arm.  It was actually really well done, given the circumstances.  And Fulton is absolutely nuts for letting Shamrock wrench on that arm again while it was dislocated.    



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Jan 14th, 2020 10:46 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
WongLee
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Fri Oct 19th, 2007
Location: Coram, New York
Posts: 7761
Status: 
Offline
Any link?



____________________
by the blood of jesus i rebuke you ,you foul mouth lying satan jesusjesus hallelujah,halleujah be gone you evil spirit

BJWINDHAM MULLIGAN
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Jan 14th, 2020 11:01 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Superstar
'18-'19 POTY, 1st Ballot HOFer


Joined: Thu Jan 31st, 2008
Location: Spread Eagle, Wisconsin USA
Posts: 6451
Status: 
Offline
WongLee wrote: Any link?



____________________
"Jack Brisco grabbed my testicles once but I told him "Brisco, you have exactly 15 minutes to get your hands off my balls"." -WongLee 7/22/2017
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Jan 14th, 2020 11:27 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
WongLee
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Fri Oct 19th, 2007
Location: Coram, New York
Posts: 7761
Status: 
Offline
Interesting. Kenny looked really good both physically and workrate wise. I'm wondering if there is some type of Rick Bolton thing going on here. An obviously dislocated shoulder and Fulton tells Shamrock to lock a kimura in for the finish? I don't completely buy it.



____________________
by the blood of jesus i rebuke you ,you foul mouth lying satan jesusjesus hallelujah,halleujah be gone you evil spirit

BJWINDHAM MULLIGAN
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Jan 15th, 2020 12:52 am
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
BitterOldMan



Joined: Thu Jun 30th, 2016
Location: Chicago, Illinois USA
Posts: 461
Status: 
Offline
WongLee wrote: Interesting. Kenny looked really good both physically and workrate wise. I'm wondering if there is some type of Rick Bolton thing going on here. An obviously dislocated shoulder and Fulton tells Shamrock to lock a kimura in for the finish? I don't completely buy it.
What's not to buy? Dude was accidentally injured; Shamrock obviously gave him an out and instead they went to the planned finish, the kimura.

Last edited on Wed Jan 15th, 2020 12:54 am by BitterOldMan



____________________
Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative. - John Stuart Mill
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Jan 15th, 2020 12:56 am
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 53317
Status: 
Offline
BitterOldMan wrote: WongLee wrote: Interesting. Kenny looked really good both physically and workrate wise. I'm wondering if there is some type of Rick Bolton thing going on here. An obviously dislocated shoulder and Fulton tells Shamrock to lock a kimura in for the finish? I don't completely buy it.
What's not to buy? Dude was accidentally injured; Shamrock obviously gave him an out and instead they went to the planned finish, the kimura.

According to Meltzer it wasn’t the planned finish though. Fulton was supposed to win. But they made it look good. 



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Jan 15th, 2020 02:02 am
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 53317
Status: 
Offline
In other Shamrock news, Ken has announced that he flew home after the PPV to be with his father, who has been admitted to hospice care with less than 3 weeks to live. Anyone who watched UFC or WWE in the ‘90s knows all about Bob Shamrock and how he adopted Ken and Frank and got them into fighting. His story has been told numerous times.

Last edited on Wed Jan 15th, 2020 02:03 am by srossi



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Jan 15th, 2020 02:16 am
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
Superstar
'18-'19 POTY, 1st Ballot HOFer


Joined: Thu Jan 31st, 2008
Location: Spread Eagle, Wisconsin USA
Posts: 6451
Status: 
Offline
WongLee wrote: Interesting. Kenny looked really good both physically and workrate wise. I'm wondering if there is some type of Rick Bolton thing going on here. An obviously dislocated shoulder and Fulton tells Shamrock to lock a kimura in for the finish? I don't completely buy it.From my angle, looked like Shamrock locked it in as a wrestling hold - not an arm breaker.  And it looked like what was supposed to happen was Ken rolls and the other guy rolls with him, thus putting Ken in a pinning position to lose while never releasing the hold.  So Ken rolls, the Madman pushes off but doesn’t get much of a push, and that turns the hole into a true life submission situation as Ken gets it in tight.  Then before the Madman guy could react, it just popped.  And it fucking popped HARD - that wasn’t an old injury from my angle, however, if TNA pays medical on in-ring accidents...could’ve been a deal where the guy needed cuff surgery in the worst way, and cut a deal with Kenny to break it.



____________________
"Jack Brisco grabbed my testicles once but I told him "Brisco, you have exactly 15 minutes to get your hands off my balls"." -WongLee 7/22/2017
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Jan 15th, 2020 02:17 am
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
Superstar
'18-'19 POTY, 1st Ballot HOFer


Joined: Thu Jan 31st, 2008
Location: Spread Eagle, Wisconsin USA
Posts: 6451
Status: 
Offline
srossi wrote: In other Shamrock news, Ken has announced that he flew home after the PPV to be with his father, who has been admitted to hospice care with less than 3 weeks to live. Anyone who watched UFC or WWE in the ‘90s knows all about Bob Shamrock and how he adopted Ken and Frank and got them into fighting. His story has been told numerous times.Are he and Frank on speaking terms?   I recall somewhere along the line they absolutely hated each other for some reason.



____________________
"Jack Brisco grabbed my testicles once but I told him "Brisco, you have exactly 15 minutes to get your hands off my balls"." -WongLee 7/22/2017
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Jan 15th, 2020 08:59 am
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
BitterOldMan



Joined: Thu Jun 30th, 2016
Location: Chicago, Illinois USA
Posts: 461
Status: 
Offline
If that wasn't the planned finish, then it was a damn good job of calling it on the fly; Fulton tapping out using his head was inspired!



____________________
Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative. - John Stuart Mill
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Jan 15th, 2020 01:33 pm
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 53317
Status: 
Offline
BitterOldMan wrote: If that wasn't the planned finish, then it was a damn good job of calling it on the fly; Fulton tapping out using his head was inspired!
If Meltzer is correct, it impressed me.  It was the perfect audible for the situation and there was no hesitation or tentativeness.  Compare that to the Owen Hart-Steve Austin disaster where they wanted to continue with the gameplan.  And those were great veterans, something Fulton has never been accused of being.  So good job.



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Jan 15th, 2020 01:59 pm
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
Superstar
'18-'19 POTY, 1st Ballot HOFer


Joined: Thu Jan 31st, 2008
Location: Spread Eagle, Wisconsin USA
Posts: 6451
Status: 
Offline
srossi wrote: BitterOldMan wrote: If that wasn't the planned finish, then it was a damn good job of calling it on the fly; Fulton tapping out using his head was inspired!
If Meltzer is correct, it impressed me.  It was the perfect audible for the situation and there was no hesitation or tentativeness.  Compare that to the Owen Hart-Steve Austin disaster where they wanted to continue with the gameplan.  And those were great veterans, something Fulton has never been accused of being.  So good job.
To his credit, Ken Shamrock looked absolutely mortified after he did that.  He didn't even want to touch him, and the Madman pretty much told him what to do.  For a guy that honestly I've never heard of (meaning he can't possibly be a 10 year vet) to call an audible like that - and to tap out with his head no less - that was some really major league level shit.  And if it happened in WWE, the guy with the arm ripped off would have major heat for not letting them stop the match, while the arm ripper would get scolded for breaking character but otherwise be pushed afterward.



____________________
"Jack Brisco grabbed my testicles once but I told him "Brisco, you have exactly 15 minutes to get your hands off my balls"." -WongLee 7/22/2017
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Jan 15th, 2020 02:02 pm
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 53317
Status: 
Offline
Superstar wrote: srossi wrote: BitterOldMan wrote: If that wasn't the planned finish, then it was a damn good job of calling it on the fly; Fulton tapping out using his head was inspired!
If Meltzer is correct, it impressed me.  It was the perfect audible for the situation and there was no hesitation or tentativeness.  Compare that to the Owen Hart-Steve Austin disaster where they wanted to continue with the gameplan.  And those were great veterans, something Fulton has never been accused of being.  So good job.
To his credit, Ken Shamrock looked absolutely mortified after he did that.  He didn't even want to touch him, and the Madman pretty much told him what to do.  For a guy that honestly I've never heard of (meaning he can't possibly be a 10 year vet) to call an audible like that - and to tap out with his head no less - that was some really major league level shit.  And if it happened in WWE, the guy with the arm ripped off would have major heat for not letting them stop the match, while the arm ripper would get scolded for breaking character but otherwise be pushed afterward.

Fulton came through the NXT system and was briefly a member of Sanity.  I never saw anything in him there, but he's been impressive in Impact.



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Jan 15th, 2020 10:18 pm
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
WongLee
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Fri Oct 19th, 2007
Location: Coram, New York
Posts: 7761
Status: 
Offline
Superstar wrote: WongLee wrote: Interesting. Kenny looked really good both physically and workrate wise. I'm wondering if there is some type of Rick Bolton thing going on here. An obviously dislocated shoulder and Fulton tells Shamrock to lock a kimura in for the finish? I don't completely buy it.From my angle, looked like Shamrock locked it in as a wrestling hold - not an arm breaker.  And it looked like what was supposed to happen was Ken rolls and the other guy rolls with him, thus putting Ken in a pinning position to lose while never releasing the hold.  So Ken rolls, the Madman pushes off but doesn’t get much of a push, and that turns the hole into a true life submission situation as Ken gets it in tight.  Then before the Madman guy could react, it just popped.  And it fucking popped HARD - that wasn’t an old injury from my angle, however, if TNA pays medical on in-ring accidents...could’ve been a deal where the guy needed cuff surgery in the worst way, and cut a deal with Kenny to break it.THIS!! Exactly how I saw it. Ken did nothing wrong or reckless. I still can't get over why the Fulton guy would feed him his destroyed arm for a kimura no less. When he comes back this should skyrocket his fee on indy shows to $75 bucks a shot and 2 20 ounce Pepsis.



____________________
by the blood of jesus i rebuke you ,you foul mouth lying satan jesusjesus hallelujah,halleujah be gone you evil spirit

BJWINDHAM MULLIGAN
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu Jan 16th, 2020 05:13 am
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
BitterOldMan



Joined: Thu Jun 30th, 2016
Location: Chicago, Illinois USA
Posts: 461
Status: 
Offline
In the recent past, wasn't their a WWE "superstar" who has the ref stop and match and throw up the X (crossed arms) when he dislocated his pinky?



____________________
Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative. - John Stuart Mill
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Current time is 11:29 am Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page    
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Pro Wrestling > Ken Shamrock Still Pretty Damn Dangerous Top




UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems